As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Green Lantern: DCnU-style

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    What about Guy & Kilowog vs Giant Foot Man?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anti-Monitor is going to step on Guy and Kilowog! No different color rings in sight, racists

TexiKen on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the boot looks really familiar to me. my first thought was that it was
    a giant sodam yat because gleason sort of made his boots look like that some times on close ups
    then i thought it looked like the mystery boot from Robinson's first issue of JLA but i think that was just blue jay being small and not the boot being big.

i hope it's a new bad guy.

Rans on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    also this is the second promo to include an exclamation mark in the title Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors!

i hope that's an official part of the title

Rans on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And THAT'S why Guy and Kyle are Honor Guard. Holy smokes the end of the Tomasi/Gleason era was awesome.

I'm gonna be pissed if Tony Bedard fucks up my favorite monthly. He's got enormous shoes to fill.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He better bring his Great Ten (nine) game to the table, and not have the Lanterns whine about global warming on Mogo.

I also call it that Iolande is going to be the first of the cast to die.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, I'm sure Bedard has probably been given some "creative suggestions" by both Johns and Tomasi to help keep GLC in sync with GL and GLEW and BD.

Tomasi also did him a huge favor. A new recruiting class on Oa gives Bedard a chance to create a few new characters of his own. Hopefully he'll find a good balance between current roster and new characters. For me, I've always enjoyed reading the "Tales of" and one-shot stories of obscure Lanterns, so I welcome the idea of Bedard telling some new stories with new characters.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    here's an interview with Bedard from earlier this week where he talks about wanting to see more of the diversity of the Corps, among other things

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/green-lantern-corps-bedard-100423.html

Rans on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    hmm was finally able to pick up the issue and it was pretty good

i'm surprised Tomasi didn't do more to set Guy up for Emerald Warriors? Sure, there was the teaser in the back of the book but there was no story given at all. I thought at least we'd end with Ganthet approaching Guy and taking him to his appearance in GL #53. I wonder how Bedard will explain the absence of Guy next month.

Rans on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    green-lantern-variant.jpg

what do you think this variant cover to GL #54 means. does hal get to be ion too?!

Rans on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Now that's a cool cover. No idea what it means, but I might have to spend a little extra cash when that puppy comes out.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rans wrote: »
    hmm was finally able to pick up the issue and it was pretty good

i'm surprised Tomasi didn't do more to set Guy up for Emerald Warriors? Sure, there was the teaser in the back of the book but there was no story given at all. I thought at least we'd end with Ganthet approaching Guy and taking him to his appearance in GL #53. I wonder how Bedard will explain the absence of Guy next month.

Guy's going to pop up in JL: Generations Lost, right? I wonder if, before his series starts, we see him go on shore leave for a few issues of that series, and try and resolve the stuff with Ice.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Now that's a cool cover. No idea what it means, but I might have to spend a little extra cash when that puppy comes out.

Yeah, that's really pretty. Who's the artist?

My best guess for what it means: it might be referencing the scene at the beginning of GL #53 where
    Scar (maybe? I'm not really sure) seems to be trying to capture all the entities. Parallax already seems to be bound up. Since GL is Hal's title, I assume he'll find out about it and be the main guy to stop it.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Stilts wrote: »

Alex Garner, who also did this for Action Comics:
    action_comics_889_cover1.jpg

They should keep him around.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yah, I was a little surprised by the Action Comics cover this week. It seemed strange to me that they would change cover artists mid-arc, but its definitely cool.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love how all the entities are glaring menacingly at the white lantern and then indigo octopus all "look at my beak".

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lux wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »

Alex Garner, who also did this for Action Comics:
    action_comics_889_cover1.jpg

They should keep him around.

Oh, wow. He's the kind of artist that makes you want to buy posters.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    it also looks like
    Sodam Yat and Ion
    will return in Emerald Warriors, which may tie in with why Hal is so pissed considering what is coming in the GL title involving the entities
    Where do you get Sodam from (other than Arisia's there and she's part of that story)?

So Emerald Warriors is pretty much Tomasi's GLC minues Kyle, Soranik, and Iolande

I can dig it

Look at Arisia's eyes in that preview, it's a familiar symbol reflecting back.

I can't make out what those are. Hint?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    uh, read Rans' post

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    it also looks like
    Sodam Yat and Ion
    will return in Emerald Warriors, which may tie in with why Hal is so pissed considering what is coming in the GL title involving the entities
    Where do you get Sodam from (other than Arisia's there and she's part of that story)?

So Emerald Warriors is pretty much Tomasi's GLC minues Kyle, Soranik, and Iolande

I can dig it

Look at Arisia's eyes in that preview, it's a familiar symbol reflecting back.

I can't make out what those are. Hint?

Looks kinda like this.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Looks like the Indigo Tribe emblem to me. It would be neat if she became the next Ion, although it might make for a more interesting conflict if she were chosen to be a member of another corps given how much she cares about being with the Green Lanterns.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Naw.
    Arisia is the one who is gonna do something about saving Sodam Yat. She mentioned it twice in this week's issue. Once at the tree ceremony on Mogo, and again when they confronted the guardians.

I have a feeling that the Ion symbo in her eysl has either a literal meaning in that she becomes the next Ion in her quest to save Sodam Yat. Or it could also be taken as symbolism that she's got her eyes on Ion (Yat). Either way, the Arisia storyline is gonna be planted squarely around her going back to Daxam.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Rans on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why isn't Hal beating Sinestro up and throwing him in space jail?

Munch on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, when was the truce made?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    the truce was shown as a flashback in GL #53. it was made right after Blackest Night concluded.

Rans on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    basically Sinestro, Atrocitus, Larfleeze.... they aren't really bad guys anymore. they don't get to go to space jail.

Rans on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hal Jordan really is the worst Green Lantern ever.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    They need to get a better cover artist on Brightest Day stat. I don't care for the faces and some of the angles are just off in that picture.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Zombie sharks! Brilliant!

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so wait

all the fighting between all the corps means absolutely nothing because they all bros now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's like the Fabletown amnesty probably.

The only people who are going to fight are Guy and Hal, and Guy will totally kick the crap out of him.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    like I am trying to figure out the point of all this

so it's just rainbow pals forever now or

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    go to you LCS and pick up your books like what the hell

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    man I ain't reading no brightest day or green lantern

I need to pretend I know what is going on so I can complain about things

on the internet

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Did the Sinestro Corps also agree to stop killing people?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just on Earth and just for a little bit. That's basically the truce.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    man I ain't reading no brightest day or green lantern

I need to pretend I know what is going on so I can complain about things

on the internet

I'm with you. Can we get our own power rings that represent the emotion of internet complaints?

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i think it was basically all the corps said "Man Blackest Night was rough as hell. Let's just give each other a break for a few and get back to fighting later."

also Geoff Johns needed to do his team up New Guardians arc and that wasn't going to happen unless they weren't trying to kill each other.

this doesn't really bug me, it's all basically explained in GL #53.

of course if you haven't read it.....

Rans on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    that sounds almost exactly like the truce that spawned venom: lethal protector

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg