Options

What do you want your body to do after you die?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i'm going out of this world the way i came into it

naked, screaming, and covered in blood

Pony on
  • Options
    Stupid ElcorStupid Elcor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    here is the best form of suicide

you get some thin but strong metal wire. something with a flat edge is great.

you get some rope, and some superglue

you tie four feet worth of wire around your neck, and eight feet worth of rope around your waist

tie both to a bridge at the same spot

superglue your hands to the sides of your head

jump

you will decapitate yourself, and will hang there looking like you ripped off your own head.

This... good lord.

bonus points if the bridge is in the view of an elementary school

Wh... What?

Stupid Elcor on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They're playing Stairway to Heaven at my funeral

I don't care what anyone else thinks, that fucking song WILL be played at the goddamn service

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i'm going out of this world the way i came into it

naked, screaming, and covered in blood

If only more people would follow your example.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my funeral will be a gigantic airing of grievances

I will tell you why I hate you

from beyond the grave

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    pony what the fuck

Dadouw on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm not even surprised.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yeah that shit is bonkers yesterday

Skull Man on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone else thinks, that fucking song WILL be played at the goddamn service

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W--Zymygeoo

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    here is the best form of suicide

you get some thin but strong metal wire. something with a flat edge is great.

you get some rope, and some superglue

you tie four feet worth of wire around your neck, and eight feet worth of rope around your waist

tie both to a bridge at the same spot

superglue your hands to the sides of your head

jump

you will decapitate yourself, and will hang there looking like you ripped off your own head.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=2642494&postcount=41

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    pony all your posts are old

post something new

right now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am perpetually surprised by the things I keep getting told. I think I just have a shitty memory.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Putting this in my will.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want like a pyre built and my body placed on top of it, then I want to be burnt while other lament over my passing.

Then I want my burned remains split in half, each half is put into a rocket. One rocket will shoot out into space and float forever. The other will explode in the atmosphere, raining me all over the planet.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bucketman why do you want bury South America?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm sorry that was mean.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJulmCpx484

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i am so sick of that guy

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJulmCpx484

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxdglb8NuOc

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i am so sick of that guy

:(

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I want like a pyre built and my body placed on top of it, then I want to be burnt while other lament over my passing.

Then I want my burned remains split in half, each half is put into a rocket. One rocket will shoot out into space and float forever. The other will explode in the atmosphere, raining me all over the planet.

fuck I wanted to find that scene from Kazam where candy and fast food and shit rain from the sky but it's nowhere

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hunter S. Thompson wanted his body fired out of a cannon.

They ended up firing his ashes out of a cannon, but his original intent was for his body itself to be fired out of it.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the thing is most awesome death/funeral plans people are too much pussies to do it.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    if I come up with awesome death plans and then my fucking kids go and let the funeral home do their usual bullshit watered-down half-christian ad-libbed service I am going to haunt the shit out of them

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I actually have very little in the way of funeral plans

which i guess is odd for someone with the specter of death constantly hovering over him

but aside from filling out an organ donor card and expressing a desire to have what's left cremated, i have little interest in the matter

my mom's all "are you okay with the idea of a Catholic funeral?" and i'm like "yeah, if i go before you and that's what you want, sure"

and she's like "but i know you don't really consider yourself a Catholic" and i'm like

ma, if i'm dead, i have but one problem

and it's a big one

so if there's even a life after death, chances are i don't give a shit what my funeral is like

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    oh man, can't believe i didn't post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_Yw-JAnuw

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    oh man, can't believe i didn't post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_Yw-JAnuw

Necrophilia, better than rape.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

fuck I wanted to find that scene from Kazam where candy and fast food and shit rain from the sky but it's nowhere

look man I'm working on the weight thing ok. Geeze, I've lost like 25 lbs already. What more do you people want from me?

Bucketman on
  • Options
    OvhekOvhek Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd want my body to decay, mostly.

Frail, weak flesh tethered to equally feeble bone! Shoot my brain into space, I say. . .
    So that one day, in the not too distant future, it might be discovered by a sentient race of Slugs or Space-whathaveyous. Within the confines of their Space Hive, they would craft a machine that harnesses the power of Supernovas together with my second most favorite organ to form a Colossus of untold might.

Pretty much universal dominance after that. Go america!

Ovhek on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to donate my body to science, but I think doing that would be really weird and uncomfortable for my family. And really, they're the ones who are going to have to deal with the whole funeral thing, not me.

All I know is that I want my funeral to include an Irish-style wake. When my cousin's grandfather died we made up a couple of huge roasters full of Irish stew, bought a case of whiskey, and spent all night drinking and listening to his favorite music and talking about him.

The best part is that the small town I'm from is really short on public gathering spaces, so we were having it in the restaurant portion of a hotel. The restaurant's only open for breakfast these days, there was a massive snowstorm going on, and people snowed in at the hotel kept wandering in thinking the restaurant was open. We'd tell them what was going on and give them a bowl of stew and a glass of whiskey, since the rest of the town basically shuts down at 9 PM even when there isn't a blizzard going on.

Dude would have loved it. Feeding and talking to strangers was pretty much his mission in life. I can't think of a better way to go out.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll take out a big life insurance policy, like a million or more, so I won't ever have to worry about money.

I want my body to do two chicks at the same time.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I'd like to donate my body to science, but I think doing that would be really weird and uncomfortable for my family. And really, they're the ones who are going to have to deal with the whole funeral thing, not me.

All I know is that I want my funeral to include an Irish-style wake. When my cousin's grandfather died we made up a couple of huge roasters full of Irish stew, bought a case of whiskey, and spent all night drinking and listening to his favorite music and talking about him.

The best part is that the small town I'm from is really short on public gathering spaces, so we were having it in the restaurant portion of a hotel. The restaurant's only open for breakfast these days, there was a massive snowstorm going on, and people snowed in at the hotel kept wandering in thinking the restaurant was open. We'd tell them what was going on and give them a bowl of stew and a glass of whiskey, since the rest of the town basically shuts down at 9 PM even when there isn't a blizzard going on.

Dude would have loved it. Feeding and talking to strangers was pretty much his mission in life. I can't think of a better way to go out.

That is rad as hell

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wimble wrote: »
    I want my body to eat brains after I die

curse you wimble, I wanted to say this

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cremated & scattered at sea.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cremated and scattered at an old folk's home.

serious answer time.

i want to be cremated and have my ashes buried, in the urn or box or safeway bag or whatever (paper, cuz plastic is bad for the earth aduuuurrr) out in the middle of the open prairie, with the stars to shroud my weary eyes and the moon to guide me with its light, to hear the call of the night-birds and feel the rain and sun and snow of this land that i so love.

overly poetic, but there it is.

my brother steven had some of his ashes forged inside sterling silver crosses for my brother, father and i. i keep mine in a box with an arrow-head i found next to a stream we used to fish in, and a wheatback penny he found on the sidewalk and gave to me when i was in the third grade.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Viking funeral.

Failing that, I want my ashes scattered in the mountains.

Or perhaps donated to science, or the medical field. I'm sure they have plenty of corpses but I would like to think I would rest easy knowing that I'm helping people after death.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    being burned on a pyre would be really cool.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DeciheximalDeciheximal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zoel wrote: »
    Cremation is cheapest

There's a dude I saw on a This american life who set up his wifes masoleum as like a second home

so he could have lunch with his wife.

He thought it was weird that he spent so much time with his loved ones but he'd see people that came by maybe once a year, if even that.

If he could afford that, why didn't he just get a Realdoll made that looked like her? At least then he could have sex with it.

Deciheximal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Haha, damn Bogey closing Weaver's thread was cold.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you