Options

[DIABLO II] Not even death can save you from me!

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    is this sigon's armor part of that?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    starfall wrote: »
    iso tal rasha amulet and IK helm

also. i just got tamp baned but i left a bunch of free crap from hell baal runs under the fire in pamule

i've got an ik helm for you
    also still have one more ik armor if anyone still needs one

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    starfallstarfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I droped some sigons peices yea. Dino are you gonna be on in 10 er 15 min? hopfully my temp ban will be gone by then

starfall on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ronya wrote: »
    Yes, don't put any points in energy unless you're rolling an Energy Shield sorceress. It's never enough anyway, as you've seen, and Vitality is simply too important.

Spending 14 * 5 = 70 stat points into Energy probably merits using your first restat, I think. Put them into strength for equipment and vitality instead.

Neither Ice Bolt or Ice Blast do much damage, in lieu of slowing enemies instead. Just pick up a sword and hit things, mixed with an occasional ice bolt/whatever when mana permits.

Damn, really? :( Where should I put my talent points?

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Vitality, and possibly MB if you're on Hardcore

e: Oh, skill points, fire bolt/ball/static should last you through most of normal.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    as a meteorb i pretty much put all my points into whatever the hell i wanted until level 30 when i could GET frozen orb, then respecced

i mostly just started out with points in glacial spike (is that the one that freezes?) and frost nova and spammed em

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    starfallstarfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    grrr. i think they made the temp ban longer...and turning off my router didnt help

starfall on
  • Options
    ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The whole thing is really just shenanigans. I've had temp bans range anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour.

Edit: Anyone have a cheap 4soc polearm lying around? Not looking for anything spectacular, just need to craft an Insight because all of this corpse exploding is really taking a toll on the mana potions :D

ogcam777 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    anybode want to start a new hardcore guy with me? first time playing in years. i'm a barbarian. game is pahnr1/wang

GooseyGoose on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ogcam777 wrote: »
    The whole thing is really just shenanigans. I've had temp bans range anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour.

Edit: Anyone have a cheap 4soc polearm lying around? Not looking for anything spectacular, just need to craft an Insight because all of this corpse exploding is really taking a toll on the mana potions :D

i have one on a mule, whisper *nealcm

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    lordswing wrote: »

e: Oh, skill points, fire bolt/ball/static should last you through most of normal.

Wow so I respec'd and this is absolute bullshit.

Melee sorceresses are fucking retarded. I do even less damage and I die to everything.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Melee sorceresses are fucking retarded. I do even less damage and I die to everything.

o_O Why are you going Melee? They're not very viable unless you have dual dreams and a shael'd phase blade.

Hmm, you could go the chanter route and punch stuff, but that's still not optimal (use a ravenclaw bow+high chant for normal destruction)

lordswing on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

o_O Why are you going Melee? They're not very viable unless you have dual dreams and a shael'd phase blade.

Hmm, you could go the chanter route and punch stuff, but that's still not optimal (use a ravenclaw bow+high chant for normal destruction)

Ronya said to get a sword and start hitting stuff and cast spells when I had the mana.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Honestly, I would just leech off pub runs as a sorc, lack of mana really sucks early on. It's not like a paladin where you can stuff points into holy fire and stuff just dies.

Look for tombs till you're 20, cows till 24, hopefully someone can help with ancients, then you can baal till you're comfortable going into NM.

Or you can hit stuff.

lordswing on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Argh. Didn't realize you were all on East. Three hours and 16 levels in the pooper...

Anyone bored enough to rush a brand new necro tonight? :P

admanb on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    getting a big ol' sword isn't toooo bad an idea. thats how you used to do it before respecs, when you HAD to not spend more than 1 point in basically everything until you had the levels for Meteor or Frozen Orb.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Honestly, I would just leech off pub runs as a sorc, lack of mana really sucks early on. It's not like a paladin where you can stuff points into holy fire and stuff just dies.

Look for tombs till you're 20, cows till 24, hopefully someone can help with ancients, then you can baal till you're comfortable going into NM.

Or you can hit stuff.

So then you agree everything into Vit (except where Str is needed), and Static Field, and Fire spells?

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When I start a new sorc, I give her a Hellforge Hammer for melee - nice low-level damage, and no requirements. Frost nova to slow mobs down until you can smack them with the hammer, static for bosses, maybe Ice Blast or Fireball for long range. Get used to not casting a lot of spells until you can get together a bunch of +mana items and/or an Insight merc.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    When I start a new sorc, I give her a Hellforge Hammer for melee - nice low-level damage, and no requirements. Frost nova to slow mobs down until you can smack them with the hammer, static for bosses, maybe Ice Blast or Fireball for long range. Get used to not casting a lot of spells until you can get together a bunch of +mana items and/or an Insight merc.

Christ almighty what an unbelievable pain the ass for a sorc.

I just cannot wrap my head around not casting spells as a sorceress. :(

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Or you can hit stuff.

So then you agree everything into Vit (except where Str is needed), and Static Field, and Fire spells?

Sort of, there's really 2 parts to playing a character.

1. Levelling, here you just play it by ear, depending on available gear you have, you might put a couple points into energy to help with mana issues, or you come across a better set of armor that requires more str. I usually keep ~25 spare points in case I run into something.

2. When you're fully twinked out, you'll find you don't need to put points into energy any more due to levelling bonuses as well as gear. Before respec, this was a pretty hard and fast rule to play as (unless it's your first character, then you might have spare str/dex/energy).

Levelling a sorc as your first character is a pita until you get to ~ lv. 40 and have access to Insight+Frozen Orb, then you find things start dying often. Until then, it's kind of a grind unless you can get rushed to normal Baal.

lordswing on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    anybode want to start a new hardcore guy with me? first time playing in years. i'm a barbarian. game is pahnr1/wang

Fuck off.

Goose! on
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    damn necros and zons

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Beasteh wrote: »
    still iso a sorc torch (have a 13/11 necro torch to trade)

Just in case you didn't know, torches aren't equal in value. That necro torch is a pul on a lucky day, whereas any given sorc torch will be expensive.

Of course, value matters less here, but if you're trying for that deal on battlenet it'll never happen.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    well isn't that great

so i'd have to offer the torch + a bunch of other stuff right

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sort of, yes.

It's generally really hard to trade for items, especially items of value, with offers containing lots of stuff.

The best bet is to convert that stuff to currency - runes, certain pgems, or even high value items, but that isn't recommended unless it's something universally sought after.

Most people wouldn't trade something like a sorc torch for a bunch of assorted items, not even if their potential value was higher - it's too much of a hassle.

Grislo on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    4os eth balrog skin, get

now what to put in it :whistle:

e: i socketed it with larzuk, was i supposed to do something else to 'bug' it?

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    holee shitballs just had a mang song's lesson drop in ancient tunnels

stats are +5 skills, 30% fcr, -14% enemy fire resist -15% enemy lit resist -10% enemy cold resist

might not be that good compared to say hoto+spirit, but isn't it amazing for summoning druids?

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You bug eth armor by using the cube formula, which gives it a random amount of sockets, so it's also a slight gamble. This of course only works when you have a plain, eth item.

EDIT: It's a good prebuff staff, for summoners and various other builds. I think people mention it as a good druid summoner item because they wouldn't want to put any points in strength, which isn't necessarily the way to go in my opinion.

It's a neat find regardless, though.

There might be some collector's value to it. Not Tyrael's Might levels of value or anything, but some.

Grislo on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Christ almighty what an unbelievable pain the ass for a sorc.

I just cannot wrap my head around not casting spells as a sorceress. :(

Look, you can do it without any of the assorted twinky methods. It's just that you run into the problem you encountered, namely that it's impossible to get a decent amount of mana to kill things in a sustained manner for the first... ~30 levels or so. So it doesn't matter what you do, either you run away from every fight when you run out of mana so you can chug a potion, or you build so that you can go hit things while regenerating mana.

You had ice blast, right? It freezes for three seconds with just one point. Freeze, melee, melee, melee, freeze, melee, etc. Normal attack on left-click, Ice Blast on right-click. This is pretty impossible to mess up unless you walk into a room full of archers. And this way you don't rely on mana to kill things, and might even leech some mana back with a good weapon. Of course, if it's just you and a boss you can whip out a dozen fire bolts to end the battle quickly, but this wouldn't be sustainable in normal battle.

Put only one point in Static Field; only its radius increases with additional points so it's not really beneficial to put more than one in it. The others, well... normally I'd say that you should only put points in Fire Bolt or Fire Ball if you're going Meteor at the end. And points in Ice Bolt etc. if you're going Blizzard (not Frozen Orb!), and charged bolt only if you're going Lightning. But I guess you could really put whereever and just hit respec in Nightmare.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Beasteh wrote: »
    4os eth balrog skin, get

now what to put in it :whistle:

e: i socketed it with larzuk, was i supposed to do something else to 'bug' it?

Yeah, Larzuk doesn't bug it. The Cube formula for a random amount of sockets does.

It's a unintended tradeoff, I guess - Larzuk gives certainty over the amount of sockets you'll get, the Cube gives 50% more defence.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Goose! wrote: »

Fuck off.

I lol'ed.

GooseyGoose, I'll need your account name to add you to the OP.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    woop Mal dropped from a zombie

think that's my first non-forge HR

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Mal isn't a HR.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    d-damn

the diablo wiki says it is :(

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    don't worry beasteh

i thought pul+ was HR too

apparently only vex+ is, those are like, "midrunes" or soething

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've only found one rune Mal or higher, so they're still high to me.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hello

found a warcry skiller 38 life

how many bers is that you think

please say ten

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Chen lives to be disappointed.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Heh

Warcry skiller

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    tempbans are sooo dumb

good thing i picked up my items before i left pamule, but it was the kind of tempban for leaving and joining games too quickly

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png