As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]aclysm: still not here

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Nija wrote: »
    It may be part of the low level lore, but I don't want to deal with them.

I try to roleplay (in my head only) my characters, and I didn't want my pally to be a bitch. I wanted her to be a helpful, nice Blood Elf who happens to be mechanically inclined. She would reject the haughty and arrogant ways of her people to be an example of someone who is willing to give up everything to follow their goals. Her parents have disavowed her because of her association with goblins and their explosives (heh).

It may not hold up to some of the more intense RP'ing, but that's the base for her.

I totally get the nice guy thing, in fact I prefer that type of attitude too, but just know that whether you liked it or not, your BE Pally was party to imprisoning Mu'ru and torturing him in order to be able to cast Holy Light on yourself. :P

Yeah, that threw me for a loop. So I just convinced myself that she wanted to be a good person because of the horrible things that happen in pally boot camp :P

Nija on
    Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I try to roleplay (in my head only) my characters, and I didn't want my pally to be a bitch. I wanted her to be a helpful, nice Blood Elf who happens to be mechanically inclined. She would reject the haughty and arrogant ways of her people to be an example of someone who is willing to give up everything to follow their goals. Her parents have disavowed her because of her association with goblins and their explosives (heh).

It may not hold up to some of the more intense RP'ing, but that's the base for her.

I totally get the nice guy thing, in fact I prefer that type of attitude too, but just know that whether you liked it or not, your BE Pally was party to imprisoning Mu'ru and torturing him in order to be able to cast Holy Light on yourself. :P

Yeah, that threw me for a loop. So I just convinced myself that she wanted to be a good person because of the horrible things that happen in pally boot camp :P

Maybe part of your character's background is that she was fighting for trying to be able to touch the light without having to be a Naaru torturer, which is what ended up happening! =)

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Although, most of WoW's music, especially in the expansions, is fucking amazing.

I'm hesitant to refer to the entirety of the music as being amazing (let alone fucking amazing). A lot of the music is just kinda there, and few tracks stand out to me as being good.

I think my favorite songs from vanilla WoW are actually the tracks you'd hear running up and down the Barrens. It's very passive music and kinda just fits that mood of "Yeaaaaaaaaah I'm gonna be here for a while."

Every time I hear the barrens theme music, a wave of nostalgia washes over me.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Although, most of WoW's music, especially in the expansions, is fucking amazing.

I'm hesitant to refer to the entirety of the music as being amazing (let alone fucking amazing). A lot of the music is just kinda there, and few tracks stand out to me as being good.

I think my favorite songs from vanilla WoW are actually the tracks you'd hear running up and down the Barrens. It's very passive music and kinda just fits that mood of "Yeaaaaaaaaah I'm gonna be here for a while."

Every time I hear the barrens theme music, a wave of nausea washes over me.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »

So in other words, you were playing a High Elf.

:P

Honestly, once the Sunwell returns the differences become almost purely cultural. Magic addiction isn't really a concern anymore.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Maybe part of your character's background is that she was fighting for trying to be able to touch the light without having to be a Naaru torturer, which is what ended up happening! =)

M'uru dies.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

M'uru dies.

NOOOOooooooOOOooo!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only real difference between Blood Elves and High Elves is that High Elves are traitors and idiots.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    The only real difference between Blood Elves and High Elves is that High Elves are traitors and idiots.

I read that as "Blood Elves are insane, dangerous, and have betrayed the Alliance to work with the Horde but not all the High Elves betrayed us, we just aren't allowed to play as them because Blizzard makes stupid decisions 90% of the time."

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Honestly its not clear to me, lore-wise, how exactly there were still High Elves without the green burning eyes. I mean, they all lost the SunWell.... right?

399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, Belves betrayed the Alliance, of course. The part where the humans imprisoned all the belves and pretty much just said "we gonna kill you all", that never happened.

Honestly its not clear to me, lore-wise, how exactly there were still High Elves without the green burning eyes. I mean, they all lost the SunWell.... right?

A wizard did it.

I think the explanation was somewhere along the lines of "high elves suffered from the destruction of the Sunwell, but dealt with it like druggies when they try to detox". Blood elves, on the other hand, just went and got other sources of power (demons, hence the green eyes, because fel magic is green or something).

reVerse on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, Belves betrayed the Alliance, of course. The part where the humans imprisoned all the belves and pretty much just said "we gonna kill you all", that never happened.

Not really, no. Who's "the humans"?

High Elves are bros.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Most of the High Elves we see in the Alliance are Farstriders. Their magic addiction was probably never as severe as their shipmates who spent 90% of their time wanking it at the Sunwell while their cousins were out defending their effete asses against the Scourge.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

The humans. Y'know. The race of Man.

reVerse on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad they didn't forget about the Scythe of Elune quest line, and in fact incorporated it into the Worgen starting area.

explain pls? I am le interested

Arch on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

M'uru dies.

Yes, but the Blood Knights didn't kill him, and now they get to use the light without having him chained up.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I must have missed the part where the "the humans" collectively sat down to kill all the elves.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I must have missed the part where the "the humans" collectively sat down to kill all the elves.

The Grand Marshal of the human armies decided to do that, so I feel pretty safe in lumping them all in together.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

The Grand Marshal of the human armies decided to do that, so I feel pretty safe in lumping them all in together.

Yeah, that guy was a miserable racist prick.

399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That's like judging us all based on shit Jerry Falwell did/said.

It's not fair.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Well, that logic certainly makes all orcs fair game.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That's like judging us all based on shit Jerry Falwell did/said.

It's not fair.

He's not the highest ranking commander of your armed forces, though. Or did I miss some deeply disturbing news during the last week or so?

reVerse on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I'm glad they didn't forget about the Scythe of Elune quest line, and in fact incorporated it into the Worgen starting area.

explain pls? I am le interested
    Well basically, from the leak and stuff you find out the Worgen have druidic relations with the Night Elves because apparently the Night Elves used to have a druid order similiar to the ones we know today, but instead worshipped some ancient wolf god instead. The Scythe comes into play to help the Gilnean Worgens switch between their wolf and human forms at well, "curing" them in the sense that they can be human or worgen whenever they want, instead of just being stuck in Worgen form for the rest of their lives. At least, that's what I got from the leak.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I like this.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Well, they are all mass murdering war criminals who slaughtered civilians and children, and in my books that's not made up by saying "ops we totes didn't means that, sorry y'alls we goods now". So fuck the orcs.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No matter how much you hate them, Orcs will always be cooler than Humans. :P

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That's a little like saying that a frozen dog poo is cooler than fresh, steamy diarrhea.

reVerse on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

That never happend.

What actually happend
    Quel Danas is attacked by the Scourge. High Elves go "WHAT THE FUCK" and sends messenger's to the kingdom of Lorderon(raped by Arthas) and Stormwind(Just started rebuilding). The message to Lorderon was never recieved due to certain princes wiping it off the face of the earth. The message to Stormwind was never recieved due to Lady Katrana Prestor intercepting said message, because she's Onyxia, and also a dick.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Also, moar spoiler on Deadmines, don't read if you don't like spoilahs
    Vancleef's Daughter is end boss, two headed ogre mage and Admiral worgen guy are all new bosses, probably replacing Vancleef, Ogre bruiser guy and Smite, respectively.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That never happend.

What actually happend
    Quel Danas is attacked by the Scourge. High Elves go "WHAT THE FUCK" and sends messenger's to the kingdom of Lorderon(raped by Arthas) and Stormwind(Just started rebuilding). The message to Lorderon was never recieved due to certain princes wiping it off the face of the earth. The message to Stormwind was never recieved due to Lady Katrana Prestor intercepting said message, because she's Onyxia, and also a dick.

No, see, I played Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and I'm 100% certain that what I described did indeed happen, having played through it and all.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It was actually the remains of Lordaeron and Alliance forces stationed up in the north who managed to evade the Scourge, so really not "all" of the human race. I bet the southern nations didn't care if they had elves, or simply didn't know cause they had problems of their own.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My paladin declared war on the elves back in classic. I was not welcome in Sillythus, to say the least.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That's a little like saying that a frozen dog poo is cooler than fresh, steamy diarrhea.

While your analogy made me laugh, I will have to respond by reasserting my position that the Horde is awesome. When I first started playing I thought Horde were like the bad guys so I was a Dwarf. While Dwarves are still my favorite fantasy race overall, once I switched to horde to play with my friends there was no looking back. I just like the lore so much more. Plus Thrall is greater than all alliance leaders.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    All you need to know is that if you're alliance you're opening up the possibility that a blood elf with Sephiroth's haircut is going to kill you. Of course, being horde means I have to be killed by dudes playing NE chicks, and gnomes.....Alright, it's a wash.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I assume 85% of all females in game are males IRL.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

That never happend.

What actually happend

No, see, I played Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and I'm 100% certain that what I described did indeed happen, having played through it and all.

I remember this. The humans were still sour on the whole 2nd war and the "WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING HELP US WHILE WE GAVE YOU A SMALL ARMY????" after thousands of human soldiers gave their lives to stop the horde attack from getting there sooner. Them allying with the Naga because the humans were all "hah dicks" caused the really racist human to basically treat them as traitors.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hell my main and the race I'll always associate myself with ingame is the Forsaken because they seemed like the deepest... Now apparently someone decided that we're arbitrarily evil. Now I know how human players felt when varian came back.

By the way, does anyone remember where those spoilers where in the last thread or a least a keyword to search for. Anything that's easier than clicking through 100 pages would be nice

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hell my main and the race I'll always associate myself with ingame is the Forsaken because they seemed like the deepest... Now apparently someone decided that we're arbitrarily evil. Now I know how human players felt when varian came back.

By the way, does anyone remember where those spoilers where in the last thread or a least a keyword to search for. Anything that's easier than clicking through 100 pages would be nice

What spoilers? The one about the Forsaken being evil?
    Blame Sylvanas, she's becoming a hot elf version of Arthas from what leaks were grabbed about Cata lore.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The Forsaken were always evil. Just less so than the scourge.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I assume 85% of all females in game are males IRL.

This is a really bad policy if you include WoW.

A lot of women play.

Wassermelone on
This discussion has been closed.