As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Walking Dead] Season one is over "Man I'm gonna get shitfaced drunk, again"

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sharp10r wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »
    The government couldn't even respond to a fucking hurricane before an entire city obliterated itself. If you think they could respond to every city in the country self-destructing at the same time, you are on some serious drugs.

By the time the army was mobilized and responded, it would be too late. There wouldn't be a country left to defend. And that's not even counting the fact that the soldiers themselves are more than likely going to say "fuck your orders, i'm going to save grandma."

Yeah, let's keep in mind here
    that this didn't start as an isolated incident. Everybody that dies in this universe, becomes a zombie. That means that at some point, some switch was flipped, and suddenly the hospitals in every city across the US became their own ground zeros. Who knows how many staff and patients were bitten, and in turn infected and zombified before the military were even called in.

I haven't gotten far enough in the comic, but can someone explain why it is that
    EVERYONE in walking dead becomes a zombie? Is it airborne or something? Non spoilery as possible.

That hasn't been revealed yet.

I've read to comic #84, general spoilery discussion with that in mind:
    We only THINK from observation that EVERYONE who dies comes back. It could just as easily be that (like Pony said a few pages back) the Zombie gore is enough to infect so that post-death you become one of them. So someone who never got gored, might just die naturally. That's what I like about the series- there hasn't been some "oh-this-is-how-it-all-really-is speech, just a lot of piecing together from experience (like the "sick" zombies!)
    What about the little girls who got beheaded, as far as the books shown they never were exposed to zombie gore.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I missed the pilot. Is there somewhere I can steam it? Or maybe it'll replay sometime this week?

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    AeolusdallasAeolusdallas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One thing I didn't understand at all...
    how the hell did that soldier inside the M60 Patton get bitten and killed? He was in a friggin tank. How would the zombies have gotten in? The two hatches in the top of the turret and the bottom floor would've both been closed and bolted shut. The tank itself has a giant main gun and machine guns. You can wipe out tons of slow-moving zombies with those. And even if you run out of ammo for the guns, you can just drive the tank over the hordes of walkers. There is no way for zombies to bite and claw through the thick armor plating. Being in a tank is about the safest possible location in a zombie apocalypse.

Other then that... great episode for a great comic series. Yes, it's a comic series, not a "series of graphic novels." Sheesh.

Well you have to
    watch the intro. In it it shows a newspaper. The headline reads KILLER FLU!! So I would assume they and almost everyone else died of the Flu not the Zombies

Aeolusdallas on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ratings are in. 5.3 million viewers, 3.6 in the 18-49 demo. AMC's best premiere or episode ever.
    Factoring in 11:30PM and 1AM airings, 'The Walking Dead' (Sun., 10PM on AMC) pulled in a total of 8.1 million viewers and a household rating of 6.0.

The premiere pulled in the highest 18-49 share of any cable network premiere so far this year.

source

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    how the hell did that soldier inside the M60 Patton get bitten and killed? He was in a friggin tank. How would the zombies have gotten in? The two hatches in the top of the turret and the bottom floor would've both been closed and bolted shut. The tank itself has a giant main gun and machine guns. You can wipe out tons of slow-moving zombies with those. And even if you run out of ammo for the guns, you can just drive the tank over the hordes of walkers. There is no way for zombies to bite and claw through the thick armor plating. Being in a tank is about the safest possible location in a zombie apocalypse.

Other then that... great episode for a great comic series. Yes, it's a comic series, not a "series of graphic novels." Sheesh.

Well you have to
    watch the intro. In it it shows a newspaper. The headline reads KILLER FLU!! So I would assume they and almost everyone else died of the Flu not the Zombies

Jeez, that's news to me.

SPOILER FROM THE COMICS DON'T CLICK DON'T CLICK PLEASE PLEASE DON'T
    There was never any mention of a flu in the comics.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Ratings are in. 5.3 million viewers, 3.6 in the 18-49 demo. AMC's best premiere or episode ever.
    Factoring in 11:30PM and 1AM airings, 'The Walking Dead' (Sun., 10PM on AMC) pulled in a total of 8.1 million viewers and a household rating of 6.0.

The premiere pulled in the highest 18-49 share of any cable network premiere so far this year.

source

Fuck yes guys. High five everyone.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

source

Sweet. Guess we don't need to worry if the show has a future.

The Governor will terrify a legion of couch potatoes.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

source

Fuck yes guys. High five everyone.

Awesome. Best news all day. I'm going to re-watch it because I set my DVR.:P

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The fanmade intro is better than the real one I have to say though.

http://vimeo.com/15266890

Like, they need to make that the real intro, is how much I prefer it.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Havelock wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I saw The Mist last week, and after that ending I'm fairly convinced that Frank Darabont is a master at making things depressing.

That ending, holllyyyy shit.

LTTP, but I watched this with my family (second time for me), and while they were pretty lukewarm towards the bulk of the movie, their facial expressions during the last like 10 minutes of the movie was sooooo worth it. The dawning look of horror on my brother's face was just priceless.

Also, I'm pissed I missed this premiere because even though I get AMC, I totally forgot it was going to be on. Going from having DVR to no DVR sucks hardcore.

My dad told me he watched this the other day and the ending, in his words "Fucked him up for awhile."

This is coming from a man that was a cop for 42 years and has seen all sorts of unspeakable horrors. Stephen King is one twisted man.

That's not King's ending.

Darabont CHANGED King's ending because he didn't think it was tragic enough.

Oh... huh. I didn't know that.

Well, the point still stands. That ending unnerved someone who has investigated murder/suicides similar to this in real life.

You know what you don't want to do with the mist?
    Watch it for the first time having read the book...
    ...in iraq...
    ...with your friend...
    ...who's dad shot himself in front of said kid when he was like 12...

yea. don't do that.
    damn it that ending wasn't what i needed that day.
    i actually preferred the book ending.

for those who said
    they drive off into the mist
    it's not entirely accurate.

You get a
    note from them in a Howard Johnson's saying they are driving off into the mist. They might not even had made it back to the car... they could have gotten ate right then and there... that's why i love the book ending so much.

useless4 on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Well you have to

Jeez, that's news to me.

SPOILER FROM THE COMICS DON'T CLICK DON'T CLICK PLEASE PLEASE DON'T
    There was never any mention of a flu in the comics.

Darabont has made it clear from the start of production that the show will diverge from the comics whenever necessary or desired.

Ketar on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy hell. I've read the comics, know what happens to who, and when (yes, I know, things may/will change in the show) and I was still filled with a sense of dread for pretty much the whole show. I'm already wondering what kind of awesome the DVD box set will bring!

Glad it brought in the ratings, on Halloween no less. Hope it keeps high numbers! The only downside is between this, Dexter and Boardwalk Empire, I'm a slave to the tube on Sundays.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kagera wrote: »

Holy shit that is amazing.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TimeSynchTimeSynch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Great series premiere! Awesome violence, gripping drama, and nice special effects. The lack of music (except the tank scene) is a nice touch. So far, none of the actors have really annoyed me yet (though the kid came close).

That said, if we’re going to nitpick on internal consistencies, I have three minor ones (I didn’t read this whole thread so if any of these issues have already been addressed previously, please let me know):

First, none of the characters refers to them as zombies so far. Come on, now. I know they’re zombies, you know they’re zombies, we all know this. So call ‘em what they are, please! “Walkers” just sounds… stupid. If it shambles like a duck and quacks and all that.

Second, the panning shot where Rick is riding the horse toward Atlanta and the inbound lanes leading to the city are PERFECTLY CLEAR. They did this in Independence Day too. You’re telling me that people are still rational and civil enough to obey traffic laws when faced with zombie apocalypse and/or invading space aliens? Right. Both sides should be filled with cars and debris, as far as I’m concerned, because when the sh*t hits the fan, obeying traffic laws seems kind of quaint.

Three, I did notice that the black guy’s zombie wife tried to open the door by jiggling the knob. This infers that the zombies still have some capacity to learn and/or remember how a door works. If they were operating purely on instinct, that’d be another story. But if zombies are smart enough to work a doorknob and climb on top of a tank to get at Rick, what’s stopping them exactly from climbing ladders to get at him in episode 2? (But having not seen that episode yet, maybe they do know how to climb ladders and I’m just talking out of my butt.)

And runner up…. What was up with the wall of zombies that Rick ran into while on horseback? Were they having a rave at that particular street and every zombie was invited? Seriously, why were they all clustered and congregating in that one particular area as opposed to being more spread out? (Even accepting the excuse that it’s for setting up an OH SH*T scare and action sequence.) Don't get me wrong, I loved the scenes that followed but still, giant wall of zombies, mighty convenient.

Looking forward to episode 2!

TimeSynch on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    TimeSynch wrote: »

First, none of the characters refers to them as zombies so far. Come on, now. I know they’re zombies, you know they’re zombies, we all know this. So call ‘em what they are, please! “Walkers” just sounds… stupid. If it shambles like a duck and quacks and all that.

It was said previously that in the world of TWD there is no zombie genre. Night of The Living Dead never happened.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

source

Fuck yea! So glad to hear this doing so well.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Drakeon wrote: »

source

Fuck yea! So glad to hear this doing so well.

:^:

valiance on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It was said previously that in the world of TWD there is no zombie genre. Night of The Living Dead never happened.

Even though apparently they have used that word in the comics once or twice.

I don't think they exist in the series version though.

Kagera on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Great series premiere! Awesome violence, gripping drama, and nice special effects. The lack of music (except the tank scene) is a nice touch. So far, none of the actors have really annoyed me yet (though the kid came close).

That said, if we’re going to nitpick on internal consistencies, I have three minor ones (I didn’t read this whole thread so if any of these issues have already been addressed previously, please let me know):

Second, the panning shot where Rick is riding the horse toward Atlanta and the inbound lanes leading to the city are PERFECTLY CLEAR. They did this in Independence Day too. You’re telling me that people are still rational and civil enough to obey traffic laws when faced with zombie apocalypse and/or invading space aliens? Right. Both sides should be filled with cars and debris, as far as I’m concerned, because when the sh*t hits the fan, obeying traffic laws seems kind of quaint.

Three, I did notice that the black guy’s zombie wife tried to open the door by jiggling the knob. This infers that the zombies still have some capacity to learn and/or remember how a door works. If they were operating purely on instinct, that’d be another story. But if zombies are smart enough to work a doorknob and climb on top of a tank to get at Rick, what’s stopping them exactly from climbing ladders to get at him in episode 2? (But having not seen that episode yet, maybe they do know how to climb ladders and I’m just talking out of my butt.)

And runner up…. What was up with the wall of zombies that Rick ran into while on horseback? Were they having a rave at that particular street and every zombie was invited? Seriously, why were they all clustered and congregating in that one particular area as opposed to being more spread out? (Even accepting the excuse that it’s for setting up an OH SH*T scare and action sequence.) Don't get me wrong, I loved the scenes that followed but still, giant wall of zombies, mighty convenient.

1) Apparently in the universe where the story takes place, zombies don't exist in pop culture, so, naturally, there's no word for them

2) I'm with you on that one. It's kind of a nitpick, but yeah, any way you slice it, that doesn't really mesh.

3) I'm simply guessing because it takes a certain amount of motor skills and coordination to climb a ladder.

4) In the comic, I think, it explains that there are certain types of zombies that will follow things for miles. Whether it be someone living, or a sound, or a light. Then, other zombies will tend to follow a moving zombie, out of the supposed assumption that they're chasing food. This can create single masses of zombies, all moving together, all kind of following one another, while having forgotten what they were chasing to begin with.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

The Zed's probably chased someone to that street, lost or ate them, then went back into lurking mode.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Actually Javen, Zombies are mentioned once or twice in the comics, but it's only a slight reference and they don't use that term for them often. They don't regularly describe them as Zombies and I don't think it's ever something that Rick has ever actually done IIRC. So it's not true the term zombie doesn't exist, it's more that it's not a very widely used or acknowledged term for the living dead.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

This was my rationale
    Very easily could've been driving the tank, gotten out for a number of reasons, and retreated into the tank, same as Rick. If he was bitten the fever accompanying would've taken him before he could've done anything.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Actually Javen, Zombies are mentioned once or twice in the comics, but it's only a slight reference and they don't use that term for them often. They don't regularly describe them as Zombies and I don't think it's ever something that Rick has ever actually done IIRC. So it's not true the term zombie doesn't exist, it's more that it's not a very widely used or acknowledged term for the living dead.

Probably exists in relation to Voodoo, but not in the mainstream sense.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Holy shit that is amazing.

AmaZAzing

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    Ninja trying to argue with certain people in this thread might only lead to disaster. You wont reach a midway point, since you got the whole well trained military thing on your side, and the fact that they are still people and can get scared, make stupid mistakes, or just be overwhelmed on the other makes it a difficult thing to go back and forth with.

In other news Crysis could use some zombies.

In other, other news I find it hilarious someone found the terrible shit in the pilot that involved humans to be fine but a horse being eaten alive made them go 'fuckthis'.

I've got a friend like this. I'm all 'yay, animals' and whatnot, but there's far worse.
    My friend watched this show and said "Poor horse." I was like "what about the people?" Her reply?

"What people?"

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Alright, I'm a little confused.
    From the "coming up on the walking dead" bit at the end, it looks like they meet up with a small group of people in Atlanta, so rick doesn't just meet the delivery boy. Are they going away from the comics in that aspect?

SPOILER FROM THE COMICS OH GOD DON'T CLICK THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AHHHHHHHH
    Yea, it's a deviation. Andrea is part of this new group, when in the comics she's with Amy and the rest of Rick's family.

Speculation about the preview we saw last night:
    Yes, it seems there is a group of survivors hiding out in Atlanta that are a waypoint before Rick finds the camp with his wife and child. I would assume that the asian guy (forgot his name) will be with those survivors, and the majority of them will die trying to reach the camp outside the city. This will probably be the entirety of the next episode, with Rick finding his family at the end of the second episode. Pure speculation on my part, though.

SPOILER because I saw the beginning of Episode 2 at New York Comic-Con.
    The guy on the radio was Glenn. He helps Rick escape the tank by letting him know the zombies are preoccupied with the horse carcass. He tells Rick what side of the street to run down and meets up with him a little later. They go up a fire escape, jump a roof, and go down the stairs of a department store. They meet up with said group on the ground floor, where Andrea is pissed because with all their shenanigans, they attracted a horde to their location.

I was gonna say. There's no way that isn't his snarky ass voice on the radio.

Quid on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Which makes sense really. At this point if shambling zombies were to exist in our universe a good portion of people know more or less what's necessary to do.

Quid on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »
    It is true that most of the military forces in the world would pretty much have zero trouble fighting zombies. If you believe otherwise, you're a silly goose.

However, who the fuck cares? Zombie movies are great.

Highschool of the dead actually had a somewhat original concept with regards to what the military did with the zombie outbreak. They launched nukes at each other.

The story itself could use a lot less fanservice though.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aegeri wrote:

Actually, as I've just started reading through, in...maybe #11
    Rick's wife calls them zombies when screaming at the farmer who keeps them in the barn. I don't remember if Rick does it in the same issue or not though.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dracil wrote: »
    It is true that most of the military forces in the world would pretty much have zero trouble fighting zombies. If you believe otherwise, you're a silly goose.

Highschool of the dead actually had a somewhat original concept with regards to what the military did with the zombie outbreak. They launched nukes at each other.

Giant anime boobs that dodge bullets.

Mauling anime boobs to get a woman to listen to you.

WTF Japan?

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    People are free to have the opinion that the military wouldn't shred zombies with minimal effort because of a single book which has to use convoluted reasoning to make a modern military fail. Everyone else will just continue to understand that military weapons are really awesome at wrecking things and that zombies would pose zero real threat to military short of everyone in the military falling asleep at the same time in a room with a zombie.

And the Godzilla movies are different. It's Godzilla. He's a giant radioactive lizard who spews fire and can shake off tank rounds like snowflakes. Zombies are just dead, dumb, slow people which can get torn apart by a big bullet just as easily as a live person. Godzilla versus military is fun, zombies versus military is stupid. The end. Game Over. Man.

When I think about a zombie apocalypse, I think about how easily shit like SARs, H1N1, Avian Flu and the Black Plague spread. It's a disease and in this global community, we've shown a complete incompetence towards battling contagious disease in it's early onset. A zombie outbreak would be treated like a pandemic and initially people would try to calm and contain zombies so they could attempt to treat their symptoms rather than put them down. This alone would cause many deaths. To contain such an outbreak the world economy would have to shut down, all flights grounded, all boats harboured, nobody comes in, nobody goes out until the world over has a handle on this new way of life. That's a completely unprecedented act and our leaders wouldn't be quick to do it, once again this would cause many deaths.

The only way the military could possibly fight off a zombie apocalypse would be to bunker down and wait for the initial panic to cease, then begin re-taking the country, piece by piece. Fighting it as it happens would be nigh on impossible. It's a numbers game and there's gonna be waay more corpses than fighters.

The American military has an active personnel of 1,477,896 according to wikipedia and it's estimated that 1,137,568 are actually in the States. Under NORMAL circumstances about 250,000 to 300,000 die everyday. There's 310,607,000 people in the US alone. In The Walking Dead, EVERYONE comes back as a zombie. So Day 1 of the outbreak, there's between 250-300k zombies worldwide JUST from natural causes and nobody has a clue. The military would not mobilize on day one and that many zombies are going to kill and subsequently create an exponentially greater amount of zombies. The amount of damage that could be done in just one day would be astronomical. By the time the army does mobilize it's going to be too late. How will the army fight off such great numbers? Even if they could contain it, the world would be changed forever because the threat never goes away.

MAYBE the American Army could "save" America if they had a contingency plan against zombies and mobilized on day one... but there's a shit ton of countries out there that don't have the military personnel and resources to do such a thing. Canada would be fucked and all us Canadian zombies could easily pour over the unprotected border towards America. Many countries would be lost to the dead entirely (China and Japan would be super screwed).

Somebody... get to work on a zombie RTS. That's the only way we'll figure this out.

Not an RTS or even a video game but you should totally try Zombie State: Diplomacy of the Dead.

It's especially fun when you divert some of those zombies to other neighboring countries.

I should see if BGG.CON has this in their library.

Dracil on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    The first episode was great. It accomplished two things I didn't think were possible within the zombie genre anymore. It genuinely creeped me out
    When Morgan's wife was walking up the steps onto the porch and up to the door, then jiggled the doorknob trying to get in

Which zombies haven't done in a good, long while, and
    It made me feel genuinely bad for the zombies with the scene when Rick goes back to put the crawling zombie out of her misery

I'm genuinely impressed by the emotional reaction it got out of me. Of course, having read the comic, I'm fully prepared to have my heart ripped out at least once every couple episodes.

cr0w on
  • Options
    TimeSynchTimeSynch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Definitely a case where less is more. The manga isn't half bad, and I'm liking the gun-nerd supporting character. He's much more likable and relatable than the stereotypical hero main character guy. I believe HSotD was an instance where the zombie outbreak did occur on ships at sea, namely the American Navy, when they launch said nukes over enemy airspace.

TimeSynch on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Quid wrote: »

Which makes sense really. At this point if shambling zombies were to exist in our universe a good portion of people know more or less what's necessary to do.

My understanding was that walkers were a specific term (comic spoilers)
    To differentiate from the other types of zombies who pretty much sit there and do nothing, and thus not as dangerous.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Quid wrote: »

My understanding was that walkers were a specific term (comic spoilers)
    To differentiate from the other types of zombies who pretty much sit there and do nothing, and thus not as dangerous.

Well there are also crawlers like bicycle girl who are sometimes hard to spot and then OOPS you're dead.

Kagera on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Everyone in TWD universe uses different terms for them. Rick's group calls them Roamers and Lurkers depending on how they act, and certain other people they meet (i.e. The Governor's group) call them something else entirely.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They have also been called Biters and Walkers in the book.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    South host wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    Ninja trying to argue with certain people in this thread might only lead to disaster. You wont reach a midway point, since you got the whole well trained military thing on your side, and the fact that they are still people and can get scared, make stupid mistakes, or just be overwhelmed on the other makes it a difficult thing to go back and forth with.

In other news Crysis could use some zombies.

In other, other news I find it hilarious someone found the terrible shit in the pilot that involved humans to be fine but a horse being eaten alive made them go 'fuckthis'.

I've got a friend like this. I'm all 'yay, animals' and whatnot, but there's far worse.
    My friend watched this show and said "Poor horse." I was like "what about the people?" Her reply?

"What people?"

For you animal lovers (myself included), you can rest easy that there won't be anymore animal-related tragedies in the series.

As far as the comic goes, anyway. I hope they don't decide to throw in a dog or something, that would be a cheap ploy at this point.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I actually didn't think the horse was graphic enough. I wanted to be horrified as it struggled while they ripped out its intestines... In other words i think it died too quickly.

Does that make me a bad person?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

She's not actively trying to open the door, notice how she doesn't try to attack the door or show any real drive towards getting inside. The zombies just have dim memories of how they used to interact with things and mimic them. This happens in the start of the episode one where the little girl stops to pick up the rabbit, the zombie doesn't give a shit about fluffy zombies but the fact its a fluffy beloved toy is sparking a few rotting neurons that make it want to pick it up.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.