As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Walking Dead] Season one is over "Man I'm gonna get shitfaced drunk, again"

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I actually didn't think the horse was graphic enough. I wanted to be horrified as it struggled while they ripped out its intestines... In other words i think it died too quickly.

Does that make me a bad person?

Yes. Yes it does.

But I totally agree.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    hoganman22hoganman22 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just watched The Mist, I'm fairly sure that Frank Darabont is a horrible human being.
    That ending. Jesus Christ.

hoganman22 on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So just picked this up off iTunes

read the first three books of The Walking Dead and really dug it, how much does the first episode cover?

Rent on
  • Options
    salaysalay __BANNED USERS new member
    edited November 2010
    so excited i am.

salay on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hoganman22 wrote: »
    Just watched The Mist, I'm fairly sure that Frank Darabont is a horrible human being.
    That ending. Jesus Christ.

Horribly awesome.

I'm just excited that I finally enjoy a show on network television that gets good ratings.

I'm also excited that I finally read a comic/book and thought "Man this would be amazing as a TV show/Mini-series/Movie, and then it came true, and was GOOD too? Wtf?

I want a poster/desktop background that is a 5050 split shot of TV show Rick on his horse w/hat on one side and the other being the exact same shot just from the comic. I'd pay good New Vegas caps to any man who be ups to the task.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    So just picked this up off iTunes

read the first three books of The Walking Dead and really dug it, how much does the first episode cover?
    first issue and half.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah just watched this

It was really, really good

Man though, they're really padding out the length of this show though, thought the first episode was gonna be the first twelve issues, I'm surprised what they were able to do with so few issues

Rent on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah the more I think about The Mist the more I think the only time Darabont is going to veer off course from the comics is when he's come up with an even MORE heart wrenching twist to the story.

And I don't know how easy that is gonna be considering the source material.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah the more I think about The Mist the more I think the only time Darabont is going to veer off course from the comics is when he's come up with an even MORE heart wrenching twist to the story.

And I don't know how easy that is gonna be considering the source materi

Long-term exposure to zombies gives you

TRAGIC CANCER AIDS

And turns back time to 1939 Germany. PREPARE FOR HEART-WRENCHING

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That was amazing! Between this, Breaking Bad and Rubicon AMC has quickly become my favorite channel. Now I just need to get around to watching Mad Men..

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just read a review/blog post over at Salon.com that didn't seem to understand that the first few minutes of the show take place while Rick is on the way to Atlanta and seemed to think he had experienced zombies prior to getting shot. I mean, it was a very positive review, but I couldn't believe someone didn't realize that scene did not take place before Rick's coma.

SteevL on
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Haha, No-Jaw the Zombie Girl definitely makes for a better open than 'ok, here's some stuff to get you started on disliking the dick partner.'

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    For you animal lovers (myself included), you can rest easy that there won't be anymore animal-related tragedies in the series.

Well
    There is a cat mutilation later on. You don't actually see it happen, though.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    in regards to the pretty gruesome scenes in teh comic i think they could just pull a fight club with it. the scene in which Ed Norton beats teh snot out of Jared leto's face was switched originally for being too violent showing him actually punching him. they switched it to mostly crowd reaction and it makes it that much more effective

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Really liked the debut episode, it was different then the comic in some ways but it was oh so good.

Thumbs up here.

Cade on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I finally got a chance to watch the premier last night. It was great and I loved every minute. But I had one question, the blond and the kid you see one the other end of the CD radio in the second half, were they the lead characters wife and kid?

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    ProstheticaProsthetica __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    I finally got a chance to watch the premier last night. It was great and I loved every minute. But I had one question, the blond and the kid you see one the other end of the CD radio in the second half, were they the lead characters wife and kid?

The brunette and the kid are. You see them in Rick's photo in the car.

Prosthetica on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    I just read a review/blog post over at Salon.com that didn't seem to understand that the first few minutes of the show take place while Rick is on the way to Atlanta and seemed to think he had experienced zombies prior to getting shot. I mean, it was a very positive review, but I couldn't believe someone didn't realize that scene did not take place before Rick's coma.

There was one New York reviewer who questioned why the Joker was back in The Dark Knight, when he died in Batman 89.

Yes, these people exist.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just read volume 8 last night. Wow.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I actually didn't think the horse was graphic enough. I wanted to be horrified as it struggled while they ripped out its intestines... In other words i think it died too quickly.

Does that make me a bad person?

Yes. Yes it does.

But I totally agree.
    "Hmmmm... Oh! French Zombies..." :whistle:

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    mts wrote: »
    in regards to the pretty gruesome scenes in teh comic i think they could just pull a fight club with it. the scene in which Ed Norton beats teh snot out of Jared leto's face was switched originally for being too violent showing him actually punching him. they switched it to mostly crowd reaction and it makes it that much more effective

They COULD.

And Darabont definitely did this with the Mist.

I just don't WANT them to.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So what is the first season going to cover, just the first twelve issues of the comic then

Also I like how it looks to be a lot of characters in the comic that didn't get much exploration ate getting that in the show

Rent on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ate getting that in the show
    Yes, the constant eating can be distracting. :P

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also I like how it looks to be a lot of characters in the comic that didn't get much exploration ate getting that in the show

That's a pretty great typo there :lol:

edit: damn you zilla!

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bazinga!

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Actually, something else about that horse: Horses fuck people up real bad sometimes. I kept half-thinking 'that horse would full-on destroy zombies, Ivan Drago-style, and take off.'

But I also hate horses, so fuck it, I says.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't understand you animal types.

Never mind the little girl getting shot in the face

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Zombie little girl.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So what is the first season going to cover, just the first twelve issues of the comic then

We don't know. They've said they're going to introduce characters and storylines that aren't in the comic, so it could potentially end up deviating a lot.

It's just 6 episodes, so I would assume it ends with

COMIC SPOILER SPOILER COMIC
    The Rick/Carl/Shane incident

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »

We don't know. They've said they're going to introduce characters and storylines that aren't in the comic, so it could potentially end up deviating a lot.

Based on interviews with Kirkman and Darabont, and based on Kirkman saying that he'd do things differently if he'd known how successful TWD would be, I'd say (TWD comic spoiler - first 6 issues)
    there's no way Shane dies within the first six episodes - why waste that love triangle so early in the life of the show?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

in an alternate universe she would grow up to be christine o donnell

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Based on interviews with Kirkman and Darabont, and based on Kirkman saying that he'd do things differently if he'd known how successful TWD would be, I'd say (TWD comic spoiler - first 6 issues)
    there's no way Shane dies within the first six episodes - why waste that love triangle so early in the life of the show?

Because it was awful.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    oh by the way does anyone know when the walking dead is set?

Because I remember in the book one of the survivors was talking about people stealing VCRs before they knew how bad it would be- so is this supposed to be early/late 90s or something?

Rent on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I agree. Plus there are scenes in the previews that have nothing to do with the book. I'm guessing the climax of the last of this seasons show will be (book spoiler)
    Rick gets to the camp & meets up with Lori & Carl. It feels good and if there is no season two it's nice way to end the story. It also leaves room for you to ask what happens next.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Quid wrote: »

Because it was awful.

Also it was important to point out how much things have been changed by the downfall of society and everything involved with that.

Kagera on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010

in an alternate universe she would grow up to be christine o donnell

I'm not a zombie.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone know what Compendium one is? This review is saying it's volumes 1 through 8, but I want to make sure it's got all the issues and not missing anything in between

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Lanz wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Compendium one is? This review is saying it's volumes 1 through 8, but I want to make sure it's got all the issues and not missing anything in between

Introducing the first eight volumes of this fan-favorite series collected into one massive paperback collection! Collects The Walking Dead #1-48.

I don't know why it would leave anything out.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If it does leave anything out, it will probably things like covers and concept art, since they were all collected in the smaller hardbacks.

Cherrn on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »

Introducing the first eight volumes of this fan-favorite series collected into one massive paperback collection! Collects The Walking Dead #1-48.

I don't know why it would leave anything out.

huzzah! I managed to miss that on the amazon page.

$35 is very tempting ohdears.png

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.