Options

[The Walking Dead] Season one is over "Man I'm gonna get shitfaced drunk, again"

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/11/full-episode-1-online.php

AMC is streaming the first episode for free (probably US only, but maybe not?).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So did anyone else pick up on the gurney blocking his hospital door? makes you wonder if it was put there to keep him in should he rise or to try and keep any shamblers from getting in.

also

Walking Dead map

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I picked up volumes 4 and 5 of the trades

Jesus Rick's a fucking asshole

Rent on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rent wrote: »

He just does what it takes to survive.

Nice guys become zombie food.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mts wrote: »
    So did anyone else pick up on the gurney blocking his hospital door? makes you wonder if it was put there to keep him in should he rise or to try and keep any shamblers from getting in.

also

Walking Dead map

Shit, that's really cool. I never new all that stuff was based on actual locations.

edit: That also makes Atlanta a hell of a long way to go. I would have checked a nearby city before heading to Atlanta.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

No that's dumb

You can't spend an entire issue pretending to be all principled about "You Kill, You Die", and pretend to be all self-righteous and justice personified, then
    falsely imprison somebdoy, act like an asshole and don't even apologize for falsely imprisoning him, then turn around and straight up murder the dude when he gets understandably pissed about the whole thing
    fuck that

Rent on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

No that's dumb

You can't spend an entire issue pretending to be all principled about "You Kill, You Die", and pretend to be all self-righteous and justice personified, then
    falsely imprison somebdoy, act like an asshole and don't even apologize for falsely imprisoning him, then turn around and straight up murder the dude when he gets understandably pissed about the whole thing
    fuck that

Keep reading. This isn't something that's just ignored.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

No that's dumb

fuck that

Uh...
    The guy had them all at gunpoint before the zombies showed up. He was kicking them all out. Was Rick supposed to just say "Okay, we'll leave." and take his whole group of survivors, son, newborn daughter and wife out into the wastelands again? I don't think so. I would have shot that fucker in the back too.

Yeah, his whole "You kill, you die." spiel makes him into a giant hypocrite, but he should have thought it out before stating it... and they do readdress it. It's way too black and white in a world without laws, where anyone can be a potential threat. There's too many variables.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    He woke up in kentucky a couple hours from Cincinatti and drove/rode all the way to Atlanta?

That horse travelled pretty damn far without food/water too.

Buddies on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Buddies wrote: »
    He woke up in kentucky a couple hours from Cincinatti and drove/rode all the way to Atlanta?

Like every other television show, I guess if they don't show it, it didn't happen. Guess Rick never had to take a dump, either - they never showed it!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

This is the nitpickiest thread ever.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay seriously?

Fuck Rick

Hypocritical asshole

Rent on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Guys, you can't argue with Rent.

It just doesn't work that way :P

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just got to the part where he

fought Tyreese for being a "murderer". Are you fucking shitting me?

Rent on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just got to the part where he

fought Tyreese for being a "murderer". Are you fucking shitting me?

If it makes you feel any better, shit isn't all candy and roses for Rick.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also, in the comics they make it clear that Lori went to Atlanta because her mother was there. No idea why they changed that for the show.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay seriously?

Fuck Rick

Hypocritical asshole

This shit is borderline potential spoilers for the show, so maybe you can keep it in tags? (At the moment, Rick does not seem to be a hypocritical asshole, and viewers have no reason to think he is.)

If you want to discuss it openly, make another thread for the comics.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yes where on Earth could they possibly find vegetation and water between Kentucky and Georgia?

Oh where?

Quid on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Quid wrote: »

Yes where on Earth could they possibly find vegetation and water between Kentucky and Georgia?

Oh where?

I'm confused. Are you saying that horses don't run on gasoline?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Quid wrote: »

Oh where?

I'm confused. Are you saying that horses don't run on gasoline?

No. They run on grassoline.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I have a question, in the police station the black dude says "The gas lines have been down for maybe a month"

But the dude in the hospital had just got out. How could the gas lines have been down a month? There was no way the dude in the hospital was able to live for a month alone.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    CasedOut wrote: »
    So I have a question, in the police station the black dude says "The gas lines have been down for maybe a month"

But the dude in the hospital had just got out. How could the gas lines have been down a month? There was no way the dude in the hospital was able to live for a month alone.

Remember that everything doesn't have to happen all at once. The gas lines run from somewhere, maybe people at a gasworks stopped going to work in an earlier stage of the zombie apocalypse then say - a hospital.

It was also very apparent from the military camp on the hospitals doorstep that it had been up and running for quite a while after the zombies were unleashed. At least that seemed like a very logical conclusion to me.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Honk wrote: »

Remember that everything doesn't have to happen all at once. The gas lines run from somewhere, maybe people at a gasworks stopped going to work in an earlier stage of the zombie apocalypse then say - a hospital.

It was also very apparent from the military camp on the hospitals doorstep that it had been up and running for quite a while after the zombies were unleashed. At least that seemed like a very logical conclusion to me.

But wouldn't the hospital be the place that shit hits the fan in first?

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I think that largely depends on what type of zombies we're dealing with and where the infection (or voodoo) comes from.

In this case, the heavy military presence outside suggested to me that the hospital had been running for a while after breakout.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I think that largely depends on what type of zombies we're dealing with and where the infection (or voodoo) comes from.

In this case, the heavy military presence outside suggested to me that the hospital had been running for a while after breakout.

To me it suggests that the hospital was already completely fucked, and the military went there because it was the largest source of the problem. (Especially considering it looked like they had been taking pot shots at it)

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There were only a few bullet holes inside from what I can tell. The exterior was all orderly with the rounded up corpses, which was probably done in a calm environment.

Also there were no barricades as far as I can remember.
    I don't know maybe I should spoilertag that.

Everything is open to interpretation though so YMMV. :)

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There were only a few bullet holes inside from what I can tell. The exterior was all orderly with the rounded up corpses, which was probably done in a calm environment.

Also there were no barricades as far as I can remember.

Everything is open to interpretation though so YMMV. :)

Did you not see the shot where the hospital had a huge gaping hole in it? It looked like mortar fire.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No I can't recall that at all, still though, the hospital and military camp obviously fell at one point. To me there was nothing to suggest that it had happened immediately at breakout.

I still think that the hospital was functioning with military help for a while. You don't set up camp directly next to the heaviest concentrated location of your enemy...

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No I can't recall that at all, still though, the hospital and military camp obviously fell at one point. To me there was nothing to suggest that it had happened immediately at breakout.

I still think that the hospital was functioning with military help for a while. You don't set up camp directly next to the heaviest concentrated location of your enemy...

True, minor inconsistencies at worst anyways.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Indeed!

I saw a couple pages ago how it was laid out in the comic though, and according to that it seems like he wakes up after about a month. They seem to have changed a few things so far in the tv show though, but I don't know.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I believe it's not uncommon for hospitals to have backup generators as well. Not for long term use but it would certainly keep things going for a while.

Quid on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Probably posted already but AMC is streaming the first episode only:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/11/04/watch-the-walking-dead-premiere-online/

EDIT: Yup on the last page. Ahh well more than once can't hurt.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Indeed!

I saw a couple pages ago how it was laid out in the comic though, and according to that it seems like he wakes up after about a month. They seem to have changed a few things so far in the tv show though, but I don't know.

Lots of little changes so far. None of it has been a negative though.

Quid on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Something I've been wondering about. Anyone else notice each corpse outside the hospital had a half brick sitting right next to the head? WTF? You think they might have been wrapping their dead, then cracking their skulls with the bricks (no blood on the bricks that I could see) to conserve ammo?

Even that doesn't make sense to me - why a brick next to every corpse? One would do ya for the whole row.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't remember seeing them, but maybe they were supposed to weigh down on the cloth to make it not blow away?

Honk on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't remember seeing them, but maybe they were supposed to weigh down on the cloth to make it not blow away?

That's what I thought at first, but it looks like the cloth was bound around the bodies, and not just draped over.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    Something I've been wondering about. Anyone else notice each corpse outside the hospital had a half brick sitting right next to the head? WTF? You think they might have been wrapping their dead, then cracking their skulls with the bricks (no blood on the bricks that I could see) to conserve ammo?

Even that doesn't make sense to me - why a brick next to every corpse? One would do ya for the whole row.

Maybe they were planning on throwing them into the river or body of water? They had em loaded onto trucks and such. But they probably wrapped them, then bopped them on the head, which would explain the lack of blood. Obviously they never finished what they were doing.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay seriously?

Fuck Rick

Hypocritical asshole

This shit is borderline potential spoilers for the show, so maybe you can keep it in tags? (At the moment, Rick does not seem to be a hypocritical asshole, and viewers have no reason to think he is.)

If you want to discuss it openly, make another thread for the comics.

That's a good idea, so I made one for exactly that purpose.

If we discuss both the show and the comic in here, it's only going to end in tears and frustration. We've already had a handful of people spoiled on upcoming events from discussion of the comic, so lets go ahead and split the discussion so we don't end up with five pages of what's considered a spoiler or not.

Edit: And Irond shut it down. Looks like if we want to discuss the comic, we either need to head to Graphic Violence, or be a lot more careful with spoilers in this thread.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow, what a great first episode. I'm pretty hyped up for the second. I've only ever read excerpts of the comic series, but I recall it being pretty great, so hopefully the show can keep up.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aumni wrote: »
    Judge-Z wrote: »

Maybe they were planning on throwing them into the river or body of water? They had em loaded onto trucks and such. But they probably wrapped them, then bopped them on the head, which would explain the lack of blood. Obviously they never finished what they were doing.

There aren't bricks by every head. They are just strewn about the area, including at one person's foot and even where there are no people. It's just rubble.

nerve on
This discussion has been closed.