As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Deader than the Tomb Kings.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I seriously doubt ToR will be of much interest for those who play WAR for what it is, a group oriented PvP game.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Er, I wasn't specific enough. I meant that the resources will be diverted to TOR. They're already Bioware Mythic, and once EA has their newest pet MMO I don't see any reason to give WAR any new content unless it can prove itself to be viable.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    And such is why I detest shareholders.

Arthil on
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, to be fair, WAR doesn't have enough subs at this point to justify making any new content, and having two MMOs just means you're competing with yourself at this point.

Shareholders just hurry the inevitable along, but it would have happened soon either way.

Astale on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Um, resources were already dirverted to TOR, wern't they. Last time I checked Mythic had all they layoffs while Bioware was sitting pretty. Pretty sure that can count as resource dirverting. And they were both part of EA at the time.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Continuing onwards with our In Development posts for patch 1.3.6, here are several more Career adjustments for discussion. As always, we look forward to your constructive feedback!

Shadow Warrior
    All abilities no longer have a minimum range.
    No Respite has been moved, and is now available with 7 points into the Path of Assault. Its effect has been redesigned, and it will now increase all damage that you deal to enemies within 45 feet.
    Charge Forth has been renamed Powerful Draw, and has been redesigned. This tactic will now increase the ranges of all Path of the Skirmisher abilities.
    Assault Stance will now also grant Melee Power and Melee Crit based on Ranged Power and Ranged Crit from items.

Engineer
    Runes of Warding has been renamed Trench Fighting, and has been redesigned. This tactic will now increase all damage that you deal to enemies within 45 feet.

Squig Herder
    Sneaky Stabbin has been redesigned, and it will now increase all damage that you deal to enemies within 45 feet.
    Squig Armor will now also grant Melee Power and Melee Crit based on Ranged Power and Ranged Crit from items.

Magus
    Daemonic Contract has been moved, and is now available with 7 points into the Path of Daemonology. Its effect has been redesigned, and it will now increase all damage that you deal to enemies within 45 feet.

Ranged Archetype
    Close Quarters has been redesigned. It will now cause your abilities to build up 50% faster when your enemy target is within feet 20 of you, and no longer has a penalty.
    Expert Skirmisher has been redesigned. It will now cause your abilities to build up 50% faster when your enemy target is within 20 feet of you, and no longer has a penalty.

Bw and Sorc lose their major bomb group damage increase tactic and it's being given to all the other ranged classes instead. Pretty interesting.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BruhahaBruhaha Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And then there was this business:
    We'd like to announce some additional upcoming changes for RvR in v1.3.6. These changes are aimed to improve the ORvR gameplay within Tiers 2 & 3.

Land of the Dead

* Players may no longer be summoned to this zone.
    * Players must be Rank 32 in order to use the flightmaster to this zone.

Due to the above adjustments, players may now enter the Tomb of the Vulture Lord by interacting with a Window of Perpetuity within the Temple of Ualatp PQ area and are no longer required to progress the PQ to the final Stage. A Window of Perpetuity is only available to those who have previously entered the Tomb of the Vulture Lord.

Tier 2

Plague Rat sightings have been reported within the RvR lakes of Troll Country and Ostland. (Developer Note(s): there have been two encampments added within the RvR lake of fast-spawning Core-con monsters. These encampments are available at all times and grant increased experience.)

Tier 3

Plague Rat sightings have been reported within the RvR lakes of High Pass and Talabecland. (Developer Note(s): there have been three encampments added within the RvR lake. Two of these are filled with fast-spawning Core-con Plague Rats with an occassional Packmaster. Another is filled with Champion-con Plague Rats with an occassional Packmaster. These encampments are available at all times and grant increased experience. There is also a Gutter Runner scout who traverses throughout the entirety of the RvR lake. This Gutter Runner is stealthed but will break upon entering combat. Broadcast messages will be sent to all players within the RvR lake as to where this Gutter Runner has been spotted. The Realm who performs the killing blow (it's important to reiterate that it is just the killing blow) will have all active participants rewarded with Experience, Renown, and Influence equivalent of fully capturing all four Battlefield Objectives from the enemy Realm. The Gutter Runner will respawn somewhere between 30-60 minutes but will not do so if a Keep is currently under attack.

Bruhaha on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Searching for and fighting over the Gutter Runner sounds fun.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fucking FINALLY.

T3 before LOTD was the best Tier in the game. I'm glad it's getting it's time to shine again now that grind of the dead is.....well....dead!

Also not having to do the PQ to get into ToVL is nice. Although the summoning thing is going to be a pain for last minute respecs.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tier 3 the best tier? Maybe if you live in bizarro WAR or are a raging masochist.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was screwing around the internet looking for random crap, and I managed to stumble upon Blue Oyster Cult's Kiss My Axe(While I Drink My Beer). As a lover of the BOC and Slayers(of the dwarf variety), I was overjoyed. This prompted me to post the post that you are reading right now.

So, I haven't played since a few week before they released the big desert zone with the Tomb Kings and shit. What have they done so far? Anything applying to Sword Masters would be appreciated.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, is that the song Paul Barnett wrote the lyrics for?

Glal on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, DeYoung(the lead singer) hasn't done anything new in over a decade, and the song is highly reminiscent of their old stuff It was pretty surprising, really.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    1.3.6 Notes

This game now has appearance slots. Come the fuck on, WoW.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm actually surprised they don't have appearance slots in WoW already. SOE has probably made a tidy sum off their marketplace bought appearance armor for EQ2.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Balance Changes:
    Due to the nature of the changes in this update, all Black Orcs have had their Mastery and Renown training refunded. Please visit a trainer to relearn these abilities.
    * Changin' Da Plan: This new ability allows you to change from No Plan to Da Good Plan, Da Good Plan to Da Best Plan, or Da Best Plan to Da Good Plan. This ability can be trained at Rank 3.

This make sense to anyone? From looking at test ALL they did to black orcs, aside from the sov changes, was add this one ability. Why are we getting refunded when you didnt change anything?

Detharin on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mod Support
    * The "/assist" command is no longer accessible by 3rd Party Add-ons.

This is huge! Focus fire addon's don't work anymore. You have to actually coordinate with people to focus fire on people!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    or make a macro?

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    1.3.6 Notes

Hahahahaha! I just knew WAR was going to beat WoW to this incredibly obvious and easy design decision that so many people like myself wanted to see in WoW for years and years and still haven't. Thumbs up Mythic.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    this new patch excites me into wanting to play again

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am excited. I will miss my little horrors running about, but also will be happy they won't fuck me over with continual aggro since indigo fire of change is one of the highest dps spells I have. I also like the lotd lock change. Tier 3 should get some action going again, and when it has action going it is a fucking blast.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there a way for us to get a list of people playing in the OP?

I've always been partial to Iron Rock, but maybe there's a better server to be playing on...

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    1.3.6 Notes

Hahahahaha! I just knew WAR was going to beat WoW to this incredibly obvious and easy design decision that so many people like myself wanted to see in WoW for years and years and still haven't. Thumbs up Mythic.

LotRO has had this for awhile, I am surprised more MMOs dont pick up on this.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The only possible negative implications is someone in sovereign running around looking like they are Rank 1.

As well, not sure the OP is even playing... I know it's really early to be thinking of a new thread, but we have -no- information in the OP, it's just a "hai guyz lets play".

Arthil on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy crap. The disarm the magus is going to get will be instant cast?

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So good news I picked this back up again.

Bad news I can't play as my original account because I lost the password to it.....

EFFFFFFFF

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A call to customer support SHOULD fix that. They should be tripping over themselves to get back a subscriber.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I had my password issues fixed in less than a half hour.

Bruhaha on
  • Options
    AvegetableAvegetable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Levelling up new characters on the american servers, it becomes appearent to me, that the problem I've always had when playing this game is that I always feel like I'm missing out.
    Whenever I want to just go questing for a bit, I get the impression I'm missing out on grinding renown rank and joining the skirmish. Which feels kinda weird. Almost like the developers put me under pressure to grind my renown rank now and then by taunting me with the renown gear merchants and requirements.

I wish they'd allow people to downrank and join tier one, two and three at any time, simply forbidding them higher talents and making them unable to equip higher level gear when doing so.

Ah well, one can dream.

Avegetable on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ideally, they want you to level with RvR. Questing is just something to do in the off-hours.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HerkimerHerkimer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I resubbed a week or two ago, and I'm having fun leveling some new dudes, but I'm having trouble finding info on specs/gear choices.

Is there any Warhammer version of what Elitist Jerks did for WoW? I've tried to look through the warhammeralliance and the official forums, but there's so much chaff that finding any decent information has been iffy.

Herkimer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There is http://www.wardb.com

But as far as optimized specs and equipment goes, its not nearly as big a deal as WoW. My suggestion would be to spec for the Tactics you want from each line. Its hard to give any specifics since I don't know what class you are playing, but most of the time the tactics really give a class the biggest boost. Left over points can just be put into whatever line contains the stuff you use the most to boost baseline ability effectiveness.

Respeccing is fairly painless, so don't be afraid to experiment .

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    IM BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magus or shadow warrior i have no ideaaaaa i just love playing awful classsses

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    IM BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magus or shadow warrior i have no ideaaaaa i just love playing awful classsses

Shadow Warriors are beasts, two of my guildies back in the day were RR70+ just murdering anybody 1v1. I was taking mine up against Black Guards, Witch Elves, whatever while I was still in the 40's. The only people who think they are terrible are people who play them as 100% archers. You gotta get in deep and dirty with melee.

That said, you should totally play a squig herder and dps for my shaman on Iron Rock :P

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gaiz, hay gaaaaiz. Remember to tell us -before- you resub, kay? So we can reap the benefit.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    a squiggggggy ehhhhhhhhh? whats the time on the scen pops because 99% of what i play for is scen pops

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    HykuHyku Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Last night on Iron Rock Destro, Scenario's were insta-popping for the 2 hours I played... Was pretty fun, my brand new Magus is now RR 34 and in full Annihilator! I feel super leet, on a side note also scored the Str Buff King weapon on my Choppa! Can't wait to drop some ppl with that bad boy :P

Hyku on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I disagree with appearance slots for WAR only because armor sets look so good already. :-/

Bruhaha on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And sets harm that how?

Glal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    They don't at all, I guess. But I fear that having appearance slots will reduce the excitement that comes from new gear.

Don't mind me, though. I have been known to worry needlessly about nearly everything,

Bruhaha on