As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avengers Assemble! THOR TRAILER PAGE 45

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hey geebs all your other favorite characters are more boring than superman

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kovak wrote: »
    kitty pride trades on the fact that everyone wanted to bang one of those little girls with dyed black hair who like music is their life you know in high school

that's exactly the opposite of who Kitty Pryde is!

bobby_drake_iceman_kitty_pryde.jpg

Kovak on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kitty pryde is a very strong female character with shit powers and a boring life

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    1279902153.jpg

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    posting an image from X-Men 3?

really?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jubilee is a vampire now

and she's still not as awful as kitty pryde

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shoe, that isn't fair

Jubilee was always better than Kitty Pryde

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    this is true

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You know what really grinds my gears?

Jubilee being a vampire

That really grinds my gears

Just give her her goddamn powers back and make her awesome

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    since when is Jubilee anything but a lame attempt to make a more 80s version of Kitty Pryde

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    a more 80s version of Kitty Pryde

already a better idea than kitty pryde

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh Centipede, of all the times I've tried to steer you away from your atrocious ways

and now I've learned that I've failed you at a conceptual level

Faynor on
  • Options
    UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also that sig is terrible

charles barkley could pen some mean prose if he set his mind to it

Ulises on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    somebody give me a reason to care about Jubilee

has Jubilee ever been Wolverine's ninja sidekick

has Jubilee ever had a pet alien dragon

has Jubilee ever done anything remotely interesting

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    those things kinda sound like being a naruto centipede

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    what do you know about being a naruto Kovak

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    headbands and hand symbols

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that sounds more like Jubilee to me

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    You know what really grinds my gears?

Jubilee being a vampire

That really grinds my gears

Just give her her goddamn powers back and make her awesome

Wait. WHAT?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jubilee got hit with a living bomb full of vampire blood and is now exhibiting vampire symptoms

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No wonder I gave up on comics a decade ago.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    somebody give me a reason to care about Jubilee

has Jubilee ever been Wolverine's ninja sidekick

has Jubilee ever had a pet alien dragon

has Jubilee ever done anything remotely interesting

all you're listing is the stuff they tacked on to kitty pryde to make her more interesting

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jubilee got hit with a living bomb full of vampire blood and is now exhibiting vampire symptoms

sounds like something out of axe cop

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    it's kind of dumb but at least greg land isn't drawing x-men anymore

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    since when is Jubilee anything but a lame attempt to make a more 80s version of Kitty Pryde

uh

Kitty is an 80s character

Jubilee was a 90s character

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    kitty was a 70s character, if I'm not mistaken

nope, January 1980, barely made it into the awesome era

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Green Lantern panel happened

Nothing too crazy

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    it would be hard to create an 80s character that exemplified the 80s before they happened

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Her first appearance was during the Dark Phoenix saga

it was in the glory days of the mid 80s that she became a fixture of the team

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    look at this shit
    Besides her mutant powers, Kitty is a genius in the field of applied technology and computer science. She is highly talented in the design and use of computer hardware. She is a skilled pilot of piston and jet engine aircraft, and a competent pilot of certain advanced interstellar vehicles. She has previously shown a unique ability to wield the Soulsword and also be harmed by it. Since her possession by the ninja demon Ogun, she has been consistently shown to be an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, having since been endowed with a lifetime of training in the martial arts of Japanese ninja and samurai, such as aikido, karate, and ninjutsu. She is also trained in the Israeli martial art of Krav Maga. She is a professional-level dancer in both ballet and modern dance. She speaks fluent English, Japanese, Russian, and the royal and standard languages of the alien Shi'ar, and has moderate expertise in Gaelic, Hebrew, and German.

it's like they realized her powers were shit so they tried to make her fucking Batman

all because some middle aged dudes had boners for this imaginary lady

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that is no more ridiculous a skill set than literally every other superhero ever

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    also the mini-series where she gets the ninja powers is fucking amazing

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    most superheroes have good powers, and as a result do not know Krav Maga and speak 15 languages, because they can shoot lasers from their fucking eyes

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    most superheroes have good powers, and as a result do not know Krav Maga and speak 15 languages, because they can shoot lasers from their fucking eyes
    Spatial Awareness: Cyclops seems to possess an uncanny sense of trigonometry, in this sense used to describe his observation of objects around himself and the angles found between surfaces of these objects. Cyclops has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to cause his optic blasts to ricochet and/or reflect off those objects in a trajectory to his liking. This is commonly called a "banked shot" when applied to this talent. Cyclops has been observed causing beams to reflect from over a dozen surfaces in the course of one blast, and still hit his intended target accurately. It is his sense of superhumanly enhanced spatial awareness that allows him to perform these feats as well.[11][71] On two occasions Cyclops has been fast enough to blindly predict the position of Quicksilver and Northstar who were moving at superhuman speeds with enough accuracy to hit them with his optic blast.[85][86]
    Expert Pilot: Cyclops is an expert pilot of fixed-wing aircraft, a skill he appears to have inherited from his father. It has also been implied that his trigonometric sense improves his abilities in the air.
    Master Strategist and Tactician: Cyclops has spent most of his superhero career as the leader of either the X-Men or X-Factor and has developed exceptional leadership skills. According to Nick Fury's files, Scott's abilities are at their best in tense situations. Fury notes that the less time Cyclops has to think about a decision, the better that decision is.[87]
    Sebastian Shaw reflects on Cyclops's skill in taking advantage of the single flaw in the Hellfire Club's defense to reverse a dire situation for the X-Men in Uncanny X-Men #134. When the X-Men are hypnotized into thinking Cyclops is the Dark Phoenix, they try to hunt him down. After thwarting Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm in quick succession, he flees to the Danger Room. Inside, he creates a jungle environment in which to hide from his fellow X-Men. They attempt to hunt him down, but he outwits them, defeating Shadowcat, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, and Rogue, all the while suffering from broken ribs.[88] In Uncanny X-Men #150, Cyclops organizes the X-Men to defeat Magneto at a time when the team is denied their mutant powers.
    Master Martial Artist: Cyclops also has extensive training in martial arts and unarmed combat, holding black belts in judo and aikido. His level of skill is sufficient to defeat six normal men with his eyes closed and he has in the past held his own against such dangerous opponents as Wolverine and Ghost Rider.[volume & issue needed]
    During the 'Riot at Xavier's' storyline Cyclops faces off against Quentin Quire's Omega Gang and can be observed doing a cartwheel while firing his optic blast at Radian's leg.[89] In a fight with the Horseman of Apocalypse named War, Cyclops executes an acrobatic flip off a statue in the graveyard while inverted in mid-air fires his optic blast into the mouth of the robotic mount.[90]

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    maybe I'm just biased by unjustified hatred but nothing there seems quite as ridiculous

except maybe the uncanny optic aim shit

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    for example, Cyclops presumably trained to learn martial arts, while Kitty learned it from being possessed by a demon ninja

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the most ridiculous thing about Kitty is the demon ninja powers

and those are bad-ass, everything else is normal

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll concede that, but I still don't like her

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have to side with Shoe on this one. All of the training Cyclops has at least makes sense as he was the second in-command of the X-men to a degree. I can buy that he learned how to pilot and eventually learned a strong sense for strategy & tactics.

But with Kitty is just seems like the player who made her had a whole bunch of GURPS points left over and just started throwing talents her way...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    also some of that stuff is kind of silly to include, like the Soulsword stuff. I'm pretty sure she only ever picked it up the one time and she was Illyana's best friend so it was just used as a character beat.

It's not like she runs around with a goddamn magic sword.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]