Options

George Foreman [CHAT]ing

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Then I rescind my statements because I clearly don't really know anything about shock.

But the second part about your neurochemical state being very different is totally true, I'm not sure exactly how that would factor into things, though.

Winky on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I saw an ad once.

Then you turned your adblocker on again?

I wish I had a real life adblocker - it's actually quite wearisome constantly seeing adverts wherever you go.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rex has a taste for ice cream. Hmmm, I wonder how that could have happened.

Mother.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I saw an ad once.

Contextual ads are interesting to keep an eye on, in a "what does the combined results of your tracked behaviour indicate about you?" kind of way.

Apparently mine indicates that I have a burning desire to visit Lebanon. Possibly with a circular saw.

japan on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Then I rescind my statements because I clearly don't really know anything about shock.

But the second part about your neurochemical state being very different is totally true, I'm not sure exactly how that would factor into things, though.

I'm pretty sure you can't die directly from being very suprised at for example a sword through your abdome

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Recently my online advertisements have flipped over to girl stuff from whatever they were before, I can't remember. All I know is that I am now getting hella wedding dress ads and I don't really mind.

Recently I have been getting ads for power tools and holidays in the Middle East.

I get ads for treatments for birth depression.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Didn't they close that loophole because of Uwe?

No. They restricted it to movies produced by German nationals (there's an era in Hollywood where German investment was known as "stupid money" due to that loophole.) Unfortunately, Boll is a German citizen, and the legitimate reason to encourage German made films unfortunately outweighs his stupid goosery.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    winky

why is mother 3 so sad

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Mother.

It's got milk. Milk is healthy!

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

Apparently, if I were in charge I would tax the shit out of you and get rid of the military.

I kinda already knew that, though.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It's.. not really true. Mostly in that the concept of a "neurochemical state" doesn't really exist. Chemically things do change in your brain during stress and whatnot but it's a far too complex thing to be simplified as a "state".

Daxon on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2010

Not that I have any medical education, but I can't see many options that end in some sort of shock resulting from a fight.

Well, septic shock, if you wait a few days for the blood poisoning...

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Mother.

:x

You sound just like her.

Endless bad rationalizations.

"Well I can't feed the cat and not give him anything."

Yes you can.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you can't die directly from being very suprised at for example a sword through your abdome

No, obviously. I was just under the impression that your body tends to go into shock when you sustain damage that your body wasn't prepared for, as every time I have or have witnessed someone else go into shock this was the case.

I know the difference between medical shock and surprise :?.

Winky on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So many octopus requests. So many. So many. SO MANY.

Who knew giving for charity could result in business??

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

I know of this, but nothing specific.

What is up with this?

I can haz octopus?

Shivahn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No, obviously. I was just under the impression that your body tends to go into shock when you sustain damage that your body wasn't prepared for, as every time I have or have witnessed someone else go into shock this was the case.

That sounds more like disabling trauma.

Echo on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    passer you're charging people right?

like hundreds of dollars per cocktopus

those things don't grow on trees

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hypovolaemic shock (in my experience) is usually what people are referring to when they talk about shock caused by an injury.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Set a fair price for your time/costs + profit, get to work. This is your new business at least until everyone on the forum has at least one.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Mother.

:x

You sound just like her.

Endless bad rationalizations.

"Well I can't feed the cat and not give him anything."

Yes you can.

I don't have a problem with letting a dog, say, lick the icecream off a stick after I've nearly finished it. It's a dog! Let it live a little.
    If she's giving him bowls of icecream then that's something to be concerned about, yes.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

It's.. not really true. Mostly in that the concept of a "neurochemical state" doesn't really exist. Chemically things do change in your brain during stress and whatnot but it's a far too complex thing to be simplified as a "state".

I wasn't implying that you have preset states at all, I was saying that the neurochemical environment (state) of your brain is different. The concentration and types of neuropeptides that you release are significantly different depending on specific types of activity. You don't need to tell me that neuropeptide interactions are incredibly complicated.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Set a fair price for your time/costs + profit, get to work. This is your new business at least until everyone on the forum has at least one.

no what you do is make it a status symbol

charge a lot, don't sell to the blacks

Variable on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Variable wrote: »

Not hundreds, but yes. These are big enough that they take real time and I can't make them from scraps, so I'm charging for time/materials/shipping.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Taranis wrote: »
    Hypovolaemic shock (in my experience) is usually what people are referring to when they talk about shock caused by an injury.

The other common forms of shock are anaphylactic and neurogenic. I know that being burned results in a type of shock that is similar to hypovolemia, but not quite the same.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There are two types of men in this world

those that react to metal objects going through them with lying on the ground crying and spilling a lot of bodily fluids

and those that react to it with murder

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bleh. I've felt like crap all day, mentally. I'm going to bed.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I wasn't implying that you have preset states at all, I was saying that the neurochemical environment (state) of your brain is different. The concentration and types of neuropeptides that you release are significantly different depending on specific types of activity. You don't need to tell me that neuropeptide interactions are incredibly complicated.

Well no, but.. like the "state" of your brain is constantly fluctuating anyway, a huge change would be apparent when you're asleep as opposed to awake but I really don't think that this impacts your survival if you sustain any trauma.

Be interesting if someone did an incredibly unethical study into this though...

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I know the difference between medical shock and surprise :?.

I'm not convinced :P

what does this mean anyway

what kind of shock does your body go into when it's caught unprepared by griveous bodily harm

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well no, but.. like the "state" of your brain is constantly fluctuating anyway, a huge change would be apparent when you're asleep as opposed to awake but I really don't think that this impacts your survival if you sustain any trauma.

Be interesting if someone did an incredibly unethical study into this though...

Ask the Department of Defense, I'm sure they have Unit 731's notes somewhere.

Echo on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

Apparently, if I were in charge I would tax the shit out of you and get rid of the military.

I would get rid of space missiles and take all the rich people's money.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Variable wrote: »

Not hundreds, but yes. These are big enough that they take real time and I can't make them from scraps, so I'm charging for time/materials/shipping.

:shock:

I want one!

But I want a little one, in some shade of dark blue.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Are you ever prepared for grevious bodily harm?

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »

I would get rid of space missiles and take all the rich people's money.

There was no option to just raise taxes for black people and women.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The scary thing is that this is how it actually works.

shareholders.gif

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I failed hard at hanging with eddy or the local-er people this weekend. shit came up and now it's too late eddy said.

but one day this week there will be drunkenness. I was all into going to eddy's and not getting hammered so I can come home but fate has stepped in and said NO. NO YOU WONT. you will drink when you go.

I'll oblige.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Are you ever prepared for grevious bodily harm?

Yes.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hey. Dropbox. Start working.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You can die from shock. Part of shock involves your heart rate becoming erratic, your core temperature going down, lovely things like that. The blood flow to your extremities is limited. 'Shock' in this case is a medical condition, I don't know what the medical term for this kind of shock is. Mental shock, AFAIK, can't kill you because it doesn't have the same physiological effects.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_(circulatory)

That should clear up any confusion as to what the medical term "shock" refers to and the many different forms there are.

Daxon on
This discussion has been closed.