Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The game has a fanatical following, but it didn't sell very well.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    just got Parasite Eve in the mail. decided to do some classic shopping with my christmas money. I haven't bought any older stuff in years because I don't like ebay anymore, but amazon seller prices are acceptable enough to me.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    elevature wrote: »
    Guess I'm looking in the wrong stores. Or it's just my area.

I've seen it in literally every GameStop I've ever been in

Also it's only $22 on Amazon

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I return from GameStop with two new purchases

IMG_0140.jpg

I am trying to get past two biases here and give each a fair shake

I love the look of Kirby, but didn't care when it was released due to its decidedly non-Kirby gameplay style.

I have never liked a Need for Speed game. Ever. Every one I've tried has been trash. That said, I think Criterion deserves a shot from me seeing as I love Burnout Paradise to absolute death.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The original Hot Pursuit was the best Need for Speed game. If there's one to like, it's probably this one.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As pretty as Hot Pursuit is, the demo played like crap.

I think Initial D just has me spoiled.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I know right

No anime guys anywhere

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's about the drifting.

Though I like the story mode too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If the drifting is similar to Burnout I will love it

I do not know yet if this is the case

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Initial D's also a PS3 game, but Sega(in their infinite stupidity) have no plans to localize it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I can't imagine why it's infinitely stupid to not localize a game that's incredibly niche at best

Hell, I'm amazed we got VC even

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's popular in the arcades(in the US no less!), that's why.

And it's a racing game! The Gran Turismo crowd'd eat it up.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    But the Gran Turismo crowd already have Gran Turismo...

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The Gran Turismo crowd didn't even eat up Gran Turismo

I think everyone pretty much moved on to Forza

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The game has a fanatical following, but it didn't sell very well.

No it actually sold p well both here and ESP in japan

Rent on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So now that I've got my 360's internet connectivity solved, is Borderlands any good?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It was good before you got your connectivity solved

I'm playing through the GOTY edition right now and enjoying the hell out of it, and I'll never touch the multi

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The co-op makes it way better though.

Single player is still really fun.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I may buy some DLC for it. I heard Knoxx put better drops in the game. I hated how I was not able to find a decent AR in the Vanilla version while I was rolling in great SMGs.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It was good before you got your connectivity solved

I'm playing through the GOTY edition right now and enjoying the hell out of it, and I'll never touch the multi

It just sounds alot like Diablo to me--The Single Player's fun but the co-op just knocks it out of the park apparently.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Honestly, you'd be doing yourself a huge disservice if you didn't find some PA folk to play with. Playing with randoms is not recommended.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    33774120.jpg

Just picked these up this weekend.

My Batman fetish continues of course.

Found the Penny Arcade Card Game for $5. I had to get it.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know it's a countertop, but for a moment I thought that photo was taken on the top of a huge, strangely-located toilet tank.

Also, <3 the Mega Man X collection.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I got a big toilet man :lol:

Also yes, that collection has eluded me for some time.

I found it on Gamecube the following day for half the price ($10). :(

It's cool though, I still found it new for $20 which is a solid price.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    /sigh I paid $25 to a pawn shop. Still feel a bit burned by that.

Chance on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought the GC version was borked due to A for shooting and B for jumping?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1zogpk5.jpg

Picked up this on gog.com for 6.49. I've been meaning to get another copy of UT for awhile, and it's just as fun as I remember.

In fact, we're trying to get some PA guys together to play. There's a thread if anyone is interested.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh man

Probably the only time I ever cared about competitive multi was with the original UT

In my junior and senior years in high school, someone made a copy and put it on every computer in the computer science lab

This is the class where I had Mr. Stephens. Maybe not a great teacher from a professional standpoint, but easily one of the coolest teachers I ever had. Why? Because if some of us didn't feel like going to certain classes that day, he was cool with us skipping said classes and hanging out in the computer lab all day. "At least you aren't skipping my class", he'd say.

His assignments would be incredibly easy, and he'd give us an insane amount of time to complete them. So we'd finish in an hour or so and then had roughly another week before the next assignment. This is when we had 16-player LAN matches and I discovered the simple joys of Deathmatch with insta-gib.

Even though we played free-for-all, everyone usually went with red and blue since those were the defaults. I did surprisingly good despite my current suck level at twitch shooters. I remember being a few frags away from winning one time, when all of a sudden...a new player entered, under the name GOD. Clad in yellow, he blew everyone away.

One of the students walked up to the teacher's desk, and there was Mr. Stephens, laying waste to all of us.

Good times.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That's an awesome story. I wish we had UT installed on the computers in our computer lab when I was in high school. I remember playing Age of Empires in the computer lab, but that's no where close to being as cool as UT.

anoffday on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Been awhile since I've seen a new copy in store but then again I haven't exactly been looking since I already own it. I have seen EBs in Toronto still selling used copies (I think the one closest to me still has one actually.)

Edit: Talking about VC, hooray for context.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Been awhile since I've seen a new copy in store but then again I haven't exactly been looking since I already own it. I have seen EBs in Toronto still selling used copies (I think the one closest to me still has one actually.)

I actually saw one at my local EB yesterday, used, but it was $45 which is a lot for a used game. I may do it anyway, but I'll have to think about it. I'm going to check out a couple of the indie stores first.

elevature on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I actually saw one at my local EB yesterday, used, but it was $45 which is a lot for a used game. I may do it anyway, but I'll have to think about it. I'm going to check out a couple of the indie stores first.
    Looks like Amazon.ca has it in stock, and cheaper than EB's used price.

Edit: Sorry for enabling :P

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm so very, very lttp but I figured I might as well find out by myself if that serie is worth all the praise it gets (please excuse the crappy resolution, i took this pic with my cell phone)

masseffectv.jpg

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Looks like Amazon.ca has it in stock, and cheaper than EB's used price.

Edit: Sorry for enabling :P

That's awesome, thanks! Cheaper and a new copy, so much better than EB.

elevature on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No pictures, but recently picked up a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and a Razer Imperator to replace my aging keyboard and mouse set. The Blackwidow is a really really good keyboard.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

get VC bros

it's totally baller

Rent on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It pisses me off that EB was selling VC new in the States for $20, but up in Canada they charge us $45. It's like "Canadians know Valkyria Chronicles is awesome - so they gotta' pay."

"Will they pay so much for it?"

"They should - they know it's awesome."

Chance on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hey, my Amazon shipment came a day earlier than it was supposed to!

I love when that happens

IMG_0157.jpg

Just finishing season four of Dexter and seeing John Lithgow as an unhinged serial killer (a role that he was perfect in, by the way) reminded me of how much I used to love 3rd Rock from the Sun, so I grabbed it.

Not usually a huge Sonic fan, but this one looks so fucking fun that I had to get it.

The Sopranos! I have actually never seen this show. With Lost over, I am scrambling to find something to fill in my previous television obsession; the closest thing to come to it is The Wire, and that's probably the closest a show will ever get. But for now, I need something to hold me until the next season of Breaking Bad and Dexter, both of which are too far off. Hopefully this fits the bill nicely. It's certainly long enough.

EDIT: Also pictured, my feet

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    3rd Rock was so awesome. Joseph Gordon-Levitt really grew up into a star too.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    3rd Rock was so awesome. Joseph Gordon-Levitt really grew up into a star too.

Seriously - he's just awesome in everything he does. Best part of Inception.

Chance on
This discussion has been closed.