As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fun with tarot

• Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well if that's what the cards say.

PreciousBodilyFluids on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    one time i got a fortune from a fortune cookie that said:

WHEN THE TIME COMES, CHOOSE THE TOP ONE.

i still don't know if the time came or not, i am so nervous

Quoth on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    this isn't fun with tarot at all

fun with tarot is using the cards for king of beers and coming up with amazing drinking penalties based on cards like 'death' and 'wheel of fortune'

Holy shit

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Quoth wrote: »
    one time i got a fortune from a fortune cookie that said:

WHEN THE TIME COMES, CHOOSE THE TOP ONE, IN BED

i still don't know if the time came or not, i am so nervous

JoeUser on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I did tarot when I was younger, was thinking of picking up a deck again for funsies.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    you'll probably make more money then you do now if you do it for serious..ies

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Please don't become a professional tarot reader, Sara.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    you'll probably make more money then you do now if you do it for serious..ies

fortunawild436159443687.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh wait

narutotarotcards4447453.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    don't listen to NAS, sara, he's just trying to keep you honest

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I don't think I could sit in one of those boxes all day at fairs, too muggy.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sara Lynn wrote: »

I don't think I could sit in one of those boxes all day at fairs, too muggy.

Think about what it would do to your hair.

And more importantly, my opinion of you :p

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would like someone to tell me my future. Will all of my dreams come true?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited November 2010

only the scissors one

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i hate tarot and fortune telling and this kind of shit

Swill on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh hey, I've got something here that's just as accurate as tarot cards:

il_570xN.84537156.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    i'll play everflowing chalice and i'll kick it 10 times

The chalice from the palace?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Do me.

I pulled the card (crowley deck)

XV The Devil
    The Lord of the Gates of Matter
    The Child of the Forces of Time
    The Trump for Capricorn (ruled by mars)

Represents male creative forces, usually sexual. Pan or wild abandon is an apt symbol for this force. You should eat, drink, and be merry. Try to give credit to artists who have have had credit for their works stolen.

Looks like you might get lucky this weekend. Lots of college girls home from school this weekend, work out a little, get some gatorade in the fridge, and eat your vitamins.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Foolproof wrote: »
    Do me.

XV The Devil

Represents male creative forces, usually sexual. Pan or wild abandon is an apt symbol for this force. You should eat, drink, and be merry. Try to give credit to artists who have have had credit for their works stolen.

Looks like you might get lucky this weekend. Lots of college girls home from school this weekend, work out a little, get some gatorade in the fridge, and eat your vitamins.

Well I know the second part won't happen anytime soon but the first part is totally me.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    do me, it is my birthday soon and i feel like my chakras might be really blitzed at any moment

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    CJ/Foolproof, can any of you, with your tarot powers, discover who stole my psp?

The card I pulled was

IV The Emperor
    The Chief Among the Mighty
    The Trump for Aries

This is the guy who rules over the four kings of the cards. Has associations with Abraham and Rams.

All other things being equal, this card suggests that your psp was stolen by a ST. Louis Rams fan, an Aries, or for a natural leader. It doesn't narrow it down to suggest that it may have been someone from one of the big three middle eastern religions but that is also indicated. If it makes you feel any better you should know that they will suffer a lot of guilt over it at some point in time.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Do me.

XV The Devil

Looks like you might get lucky this weekend. Lots of college kids home from school this weekend, work out a little, get some gatorade in the fridge, and eat your vitamins.

Well I know the second part won't happen anytime soon but the first part is totally me.

Edit: fixed :)

hehe, i know. it is a poor test since I know some of the personalities here and could even look up their birth dates if I cared to "cheat".

I did that in high school. In gym class we often discussed spiritual matters. Once I "guessed" everyone's star signs and told them what job they would have when they grew up. They were all pretty impressed and wanted to know how I did it. It was all based on information in the class elective registration cards that were on file in my journalism class but I think I told them "magic".:P

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

The eight of cups - Indolence
    Saturn in Pisces
    The lord of Abandoned Successes
    (Feb 19-Feb 28)

Crowley called this card "the German Measles of Christian Mysticism". It is a bummer of a card. Emotional overextension is a characteristic of this card.

It can actually represents dreams (pisces) or emotions that change too often to be fulfilled or that lack sufficient strength to manifest. It reminds me of that song lyric "I had a bunch of dreams once and they all came true, but now I have new dreams".

Foolproof on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Saturn in Pisces
    (Feb 19-Feb 28)

Crowley called this card "the German Measles of Christian Mysticism". It is a bummer of a card. Emotional overextension is a characteristic of this card.

It can actually represents dreams (pisces) or emotions that change too often to be fulfilled or that lack sufficient strength to manifest. It reminds me of that song lyric "I had a bunch of dreams once and they all came true, but now I have new dreams".

That's just vague enough to be completely accurate to my life!

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Saturn in Pisces
    (Feb 19-Feb 28)

That's just vague enough to be completely accurate to my life!

/insert image of George Bush in front of a "mission accomplished" banner.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    do me, it is my birthday soon and i feel like my chakras might be really blitzed at any moment

Four of Swords - Truce
    (Jupiter in Libra)
    Oct 13 - Oct 22
    The Lord of Rest from Strife

Balance, justice, peace, and grace describe the spirit of this card. Four sharp swords holding each other in check in the form of an X or cross.

Don't worry about your chakras, you are protected by the law right now. You exist in harmony with the forces around you and can't be harmed without causing a great disturbance in the balance of power present in the universe.

You stand at the center of balance and can move the world around you.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay someone do me. I want to know if I'll get out of this hellhole (I live in Juneau), and what the circumstances of such an exodus may be.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay someone do me. I want to know if I'll get out of this hellhole (I live in Juneau), and what the circumstances of such an exodus may be.

good lord man, what do you do in juneau that you can't possibly do somewhere else?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Sun
    The Two Young Lovers Embracing Their Manliness
    The Infant

The sun is a great force, with limitless energy potential, but yet everyone only notices the size.
    The lovers give us an outlook on the world through the eyes of passion and love.
    The infant provides a simple view of the magic the world shows us, without knowledge ruining what is beautiful.

Today, I am a big gay baby

Swill on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mysst wrote: »

good lord man, what do you do in juneau that you can't possibly do somewhere else?

I had an in with the state government when I was in high school, but I've been squandering my life so I never turned it into something good enough to get a job elsewhere.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can I play? What is happening?

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

I have 4 out of 5 of the Exodia pieces in my hand. If I draw the last card I will summon Exodia, which has never been done before.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I have 4 out of 5 of the Exodia pieces in my hand. If I draw the last card I will summon Exodia, which has never been done before.

... lovely! Well done you.

Liiya on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

by 'summon exodia' do you mean 'kiss a girl'?

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

The Trump XII - The Hanged Man
    The Spirit of the Mighty Waters
    Elemental Trump of Water (hebrew letter Mem)

Let not the water whereon you journeyest wet
    thee! And being come to shore, plant thou the
    Vine and rejoice without shame.

The book of Thoth

(This card is still a great mystery to me.) I think it could mean that you will leave by water but it seems to say that you may be moved to prison or even execution. If you leave then you must have a firm destination and a means to get there safely. Flee for your life if you will but have a plan and a way to prosper when your journey ends. If your travel succeeds then be happy and know you deserve what you have without guilt for those left behind.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

a4513i0evilfacew9097442.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i'd also like to be done.

mmmm

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

She don't got a lot to say but there's something about her.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »

a4513i0evilfacew9097442.jpg

God I just want to lick those teeth!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

... lovely! Well done you.

Liiya, you are a treat

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg