As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fun with tarot

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Foolproof wrote: »
    Okay someone do me. I want to know if I'll get out of this hellhole (I live in Juneau), and what the circumstances of such an exodus may be.

The Trump XII - The Hanged Man
    The Spirit of the Mighty Waters
    Elemental Trump of Water (hebrew letter Mem)

Let not the water whereon you journeyest wet
    thee! And being come to shore, plant thou the
    Vine and rejoice without shame.

The book of Thoth

(This card is still a great mystery to me.) I think it could mean that you will leave by water but it seems to say that you may be moved to prison or even execution. If you leave then you must have a firm destination and a means to get there safely. Flee for your life if you will but have a plan and a way to prosper when your journey ends. If your travel succeeds then be happy and know you deserve what you have without guilt for those left behind.

You've got a nack for delivery. Thanks for sharing.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    [tiny]For entertainment purposes only.[/tiny]

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I drew Ashnod's coupon someone get me a soda.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Can I play? What is happening?

I have 4 out of 5 of the Exodia pieces in my hand. If I draw the last card I will summon Exodia, which has never been done before.

... lovely! Well done you.

Liiya, you are a treat

Aw, thank you haha

Liiya on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Geek wrote: »

I was wondering if this had been posted, or anything to this effect, but I was too lazy to search.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Damnit, I wanted to sue!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can I play? What is happening?

Hi li,

guess I was lying when I said I wouldn't be posting from prison :(. Tube's rebaptism and then this topic were too much to resist. Tarot reading, origami boxes, and game mastering were always my prison fallback jobs anyway.

The card I drew for you is...

The Three of Cups - Abundance
    (Mercury in Cancer)
    July 2 - July 11
    The Lord of Abundance

All the good things in life are yours for the taking but beware of their price. That the seeds of the pomegranate are what trapped Persephone in the underworld should be remembered. If you seek to conceive a child (or even if you don't) then now is the time.

Mercury is the message or will of god and cancer is the most receptive sign. This card shows what god wants from people clearly. We should be fruitful and multiply.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mercury is the message or will of god and cancer is the most receptive sign. This card shows what god wants from people clearly. We should be fruitful and multiply.

Oh man. This would be an awesome way to hit on women at church!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hello Foolproof, not lying, you just changed plans!

Hm, though I do not want a baby, I do want nice things to happen soon, so its good that things may (or may not, who knows?) be fruitful. I think I will hold back on the multiplying for the moment!

Liiya on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    When foolproof gets out of jail he's going on a holiday to Europe.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I feel like there's some sort of joke/reference in there that is flying over my head.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    (it has something to do with why he's in jail)

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i'd also like to be done.

mmmm

The Knight of Disks (king of pentacles in most decks)
    Aug 12 - Sept 11
    Rules 7 of wands, 8 of disks, and 9 of disks
    The Lord of the Wide and Fertile Land; The King of the Spirits of Earth; King of the Gnomes
    Crest: Winged Stag's Head

A short knight on a workhorse. The poorest of the kings yet rich in worldly wealth. Armed for harvest not battle. A hard worker for the people and not a royal figurehead.

This card points to strength in worldly things. You have a natural ability to increase what you have more through hard work and not by fortune or conquest. Men like Napoleon, Bill Clinton, and HP Lovecraft are described by this card.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    (it has something to do with why he's in jail)

Ohhhh. Oh okay. I am a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. As you know.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This. is. a .keyboard. you. use. it. with. a. computer. C-O-M-P-U-T-E-R

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just slam my head against the keyboard and somehow the right combination comes out.

Liiya on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    that's what she said

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't tell if foolproof actually believes this hooey or is just playing along.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    foolproof only believes in things that can be verified by what some guy heard

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [QUOTE=Silas Brown;17435817

Oh man. This would be an awesome way to hit on women at church![/QUOTE]

Best thing about religion, lots of sex with religious girls.
    Worst thing about religion, lots of sex with religious girls.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am posting with my mind. That is why it is barely legible.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also I enjoy Tarot cards! I have some, I never pull out the cool ones like Death though, just stuff like five of clubs or whatever the other ones are.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow man.

Foolproof, really?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't tell if foolproof actually believes this hooey or is just playing along.

all mysticism aside the tarot can be a neat model of reality or consciousness. Each card has multiple meanings and is filled with symbolic images. Some meanings are vague and some explicit. With repeated use each card get connected with more and more ideas in the readers mind and the existing meanings develop more nuances. You can connect every bit of knowledge you posses with one or more of the cards.

The reader randomly mixes these cards together and then seeks to reconnect them with the real events in his life. The process can give the reader access to subconscious feelings and thoughts, synchronicities, or forgotten ideas. It is a relaxing meditation and a great way to encourage the breaking up of outdated thought patterns. It is like doing a random search on google but you are searching your own mind.

The only thing needed to make it mystical is the belief that the randomness of the shuffle (or the intuitions) provided by the cards comes from a higher order or power.

The cards are split into five suits. The major suit is a story of the hero's journey to enlightenment and the four lesser suits are a calendar (52 cards in four suits = 52 weeks in four seasons). Having each of the lesser cards associated with a week in time makes it easier to remember them when counting cards.

I have a deck that at one time or another has been held and used by almost every important person in my life. That alone is pretty neat and gives me a psychometric 'phonebook' anytime I need a focus for one of them.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Quoth wrote: »
    best tarot cards are located at http://www.mckean-art.co.uk/

particle00a-front_cover.jpg

particle11_justice.jpg

yeah I like how the fool is John Constantine.

/rant about how Keanu Revess was a terrible choice for the movie and how the blond guy from buffy would have been a million times better without even trying.

Edit: And the magician is Tim Hunter/Harry Potter

Foolproof on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    no best actor for constantine would have been richard dawkins

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited November 2010

all mysticism aside the tarot can be a neat model of reality or consciousness. Each card has multiple meanings and is filled with symbolic images. Some meanings are vague and some explicit. With repeated use each card get connected with more and more ideas in the readers mind and the existing meanings develop more nuances. You can connect every bit of knowledge you posses with one or more of the cards.

The reader randomly mixes these cards together and then seeks to reconnect them with the real events in his life. The process can give the reader access to subconscious feelings and thoughts, synchronicities, or forgotten ideas. It is a relaxing meditation and a great way to encourage the breaking up of outdated thought patterns. It is like doing a random search on google but you are searching your own mind.

The only thing needed to make it mystical is the belief that the randomness of the shuffle (or the intuitions) provided by the cards comes from a higher order or power.

The cards are split into five suits. The major suit is a story of the hero's journey to enlightenment and the four lesser suits are a calendar (52 cards in four suits = 52 weeks in four seasons). Having each of the lesser cards associated with a week in time makes it easier to remember them when counting cards.

I have a deck that at one time or another has been held and used by almost every important person in my life. That alone is pretty neat and gives me a psychometric 'phonebook' anytime I need a focus for one of them.

I still can't tell if you believe "reading" the cards can actually tell you real things about people.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Though I suppose that it's fitting that your explanation is extremely vague and non committal.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If anyone ever notices the pack hanging around I shuffle it until I can give them Death, Tower and the Devil. Its the only way.

I'm considering adding my own called the You're Fucked Son.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oo, thanks foolproof

M.D. on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Looks like I've been beat to the punch by a professional, but if anyone still wants my amateurish interpretation, you're welcome to it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If anyone ever notices the pack hanging around I shuffle it until I can give them Death, Tower and the Devil. Its the only way.

I'm considering adding my own called the You're Fucked Son.

Contrary to popular belief, the absolute worst cards you can draw are the Nine and Ten of Swords.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Looks like I've been beat to the punch by a professional, but if anyone still wants my amateurish interpretation, you're welcome to it.

me!, me!

I wish I was pro, I could sure use the work/silver.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

me!, me!

The Knight of Wands (Upright). You act decisively, but without forethought to the consequences, which can cause great harm, if indirectly.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hahahahaha

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    this thread is magical

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    get it?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

me!, me!

The Knight of Wands (Upright). You act decisively, but without forethought to the consequences, which can cause great harm, if indirectly.

Thank you, would you like one in return?

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If you like.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png