As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You're Thor? Well it hurts

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    It's a case of not being "won over" by the trailer but still wanting to see it because of the source material. You know that's good but will it transfer into this movie? First trailer says: maybe. It's different for an original film because you don't have that source material to keep you interested in a film after watching a so-so trailer. If you're not sure you want to see a film and the trailer is pants, chances are you won't see it.
    Regardless of everything you just said (which is all well and true and not disagreeable in any way)

The phrase "this movie could be good but also bad" is true of every movie ever filmed

You could watch an absmally shitty trailer, or a totally mind-blowing one, and say the same thing

And people do. Constantly. I get why you might say it - I think the point is that it's a meaningless platitude and maybe there are better ways to talk about junk and stuff

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There are certainly better ways to get your view across then "might be good, might be bad" but at the end of the day, this is a comic book movie we are talking about here, not the latest Government stimulus package.

aaaaaaaaaanywayyyyyyy

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would let Thor stimulate my package

And so on

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    if you think this movie is going to be anything but amazing you can just go to hell

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This movie looks awful I am so pumped

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am still waiting for the Captain America film.

And if that shows any signs of it being awful I will start riots.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    I love Christina Hendricks as much as the next guy

but keep in mind that another version of her exists, even though it is a thing that most of us won't see:
    Christina-Hendricks-With-No-Make-Up.png

This barely even looks like her

Like, the structure of her face is totally different

I'm not trusting any image that came from a site called dudelol.com

Doesn't seem different.

She just doesn't have oodles of makeup highlighting the curves of her face.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like how its kinda a reversal from 2008 where DC had the serious trailer (Dark Knight) and Marvel had the more "Being a super hero is awesome" one (Iron Man).

Also the sound effects are hilariously awful for the fighting in the beginning.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I like how its kinda a reversal from 2008 where DC had the serious trailer (Dark Knight) and Marvel had the more "Being a super hero is awesome" one (Iron Man).

I never realized that punching/kicking people makes a squelching crunch noise.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Trailer looks good. Thor has been a Marvel comics character that's been treated remarkably well over the years. From the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby stuff to Walt Simonsons epic run back in the day, and the more recent Dan Jurgens/JRJR and JMS/Gillen/Fraction run. Hope the movie will do the character justice.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

but keep in mind that another version of her exists, even though it is a thing that most of us won't see:

This barely even looks like her

Like, the structure of her face is totally different

I'm not trusting any image that came from a site called dudelol.com

Doesn't seem different.

She just doesn't have oodles of makeup highlighting the curves of her face.

Uhm. She's still pretty hot, guys.

Legba on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My film student friend who likes to get all snobby and ironic about big event movies (especially comic book ones) is actually really excited for this, Green Lantern, and Captain America

I just never know what he'll be into but it seems these may snap him into some form of sincerity about his movie enjoyment

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    never gonna be not jazzed for this movie
    TLB lets grad Dead Legend, Penguin Incarnate, and Darth Waiter and go to a midnight showing of this bitch. What say you?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fiz wrote: »
    This Sonic game could feature lots of running

Or maybe turning into a werewolf
    The weird thing is that the older Sonic games never featured that much running. I haven't played any of the newer ones.

Platy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I don't know much about Christina Hendricks. Are they real?

Platy on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    TLB lets grad Dead Legend, Penguin Incarnate, and Darth Waiter and go to a midnight showing of this bitch. What say you?

man I want to get in on this action

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't know much about Christina Hendricks. Are they real?

AFAIK yes

Solar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

man I want to get in on this action
    Sorry, you're not cool enough.

Platy on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    august wrote: »
    Also the whole multiracial Norse pantheon thing is dumb as hell.

They're not really the Norse pantheon, though, you silly dumb-face, they're the Asgardians. They're a funky space cosmic interpretation of the Norse pantheon with magic and science and Kirby dots all over.

The multiracial thing is pretty irrelevant and no more of a departure from the original myths than having Thor be a big burly blond dude wearing a fancy sci-fi suit of armour who fights an invulnerable magic science robot made by his dad.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I get tired of "but they are norse gods etc"

No they are awesome Kirby aliens who were worshipped as Gods (though that's been changed now in the comics)

Solar on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Apart from the unflattering clothing (and who even gives a shit about those) she still looks attractive.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Isn't Thor really strong? I guess he's liquefying their insides.

(in some Avengers vs. JLA picture I saw, Thor was fighting Superman, so I figure he's got to be pretty strong)

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Isn't Thor really strong? I guess he's liquefying their insides.

(in some Avengers vs. JLA picture I saw, Thor was fighting Superman, so I figure he's got to be pretty strong)

Thor is basically the Superman of the Avengers (Strong, tough, flies, red cape)

Solar on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm holding out for a Beta Ray Bill movie starring Sandra Oh as the titular character.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This trailer looks way better than the GL one.

And I love the fact that he's got a beard in this.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I could be very down for this

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thor looks awesome, f the haters
    Green Lantern looks dumb as it stands
    The movie studios are pushing for 3D because it costs more, they get the ticket money not the theater so don't blame them
    I would do things to/with Natilie Portman
    Your Highness looks funny
    Am I caught up with the thread?

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2010

I could be very down for this

well

do you like butter tarts?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Turambar wrote: »
    This trailer looks way better than the GL one.

And I love the fact that he's got a beard in this.

I think the beard is a necessity. Even though it's not in the comics, I mean, Thor with no beard? The guy is like the ur-Viking. Plus without it he'd look like Fabio or something.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Natalie Portmas is pretty damn hot but

she smokes in real life, cigarettes, so she probably gets nasty cigarette smell at times.

and she's got noooo tah-tahs, Closer proved this

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thor looks better without a beard

Solar on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    I think Ryan Reynolds wasn't the right pick for Hal. He seems more like a Wally West to me.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I was pretty disappointed when I saw the Green Lantern trailer.

I never read any Green Lantern but it seems pretty badass from the things people mention on the forum, so I was really interested when I heard a movie would come out. But this seems pretty bubblegum.

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    mmmm ribs

slide_14588_202365_large.jpg

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2010
    she and mila kunis lost a ton of weight for that movie

they've said they've put it back on

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah but still,

the tah tahs

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Look we would all have sex with Natalie Portman if she offered.

because she is really hot

Let's not nit-pick here.

Solar on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    I think Ryan Reynolds wasn't the right pick for Hal. He seems more like a Wally West to me.

This is my problem exactly. That is not Hal Jordan. Its not even Guy Gardner. Its Ryan Renolds as a green lantern

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool and nobody else

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »

This is my problem exactly. That is not Hal Jordan. Its not even Guy Gardner. Its Ryan Renolds as a green lantern

I don't have any problem with that, there is always going to be a change in character from comic to film due to a different interpretation of the material. As long as Ryan Reynolds is good and somewhat similar to Hal then I don't care, in the same way that my problem with Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker wasn't that he wasn't like Peter Parker but rather than he just wasn't very entertaining, and if he had been more entertaining the difference between Film Parker and Comic Parker wouldn't have mattered.

Solar on