As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Exigency: Embassy Incident: Chaotic Lawful Evil Good

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MAGIC SMOKE

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I imagine that Howe is yet to arrive, wouldn't make sense for him just to be sitting quietly in the waiting room. He can come in through the door any time he likes, they won't get started without him :)

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    On request for Tommy, who's considering being a 'zerker instead:

tommyberserkerms.png
    Standard attacks

Slash: Single action, +70 to hit, 1d10+4 RP4
    (axe/dual axes)
    Dual hit: Double action, +70 to hit, 2d8+9 RP8/AP4
    (dual axes)
    Improved arc: Double action, +70 to hit, divide a double attack's damage across two or three targets, each target takes +4 damage
    (dual axes)
    Single shot: Double action, +20 to hit, 1d8+9 AP5, one charge
    (heavy pistol: 5 charges, double action recharge)

Berserker abilities

Bloodletting: recover 4HP when inflicting or suffering injuries (attribute penalties) in Melee
    Bloodlust: recover a point of Edge when killing enemies of equal to or higher level
    Improved Arc: arc attacks deal +4 damage and target an additional enemy (as above)
    Punisher: when enemies that break Melee contact fail an opposed Reactions check, opt to expend 2HP and gain a free single action Melee attack to use against them
    Martial Agility: Use AGI to determine Melee effectiveness instead of STR
    Dedication [AGI]: Reroll an AGI check once

Item abilities

Combat stimulant: Ignore the attribute penalty from a single injury (passive). On hitting 0HP, recover 1d6+2 HP (once per encounter).

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So, time to get this started!

We don't need to do the armoury part, we can safely designate that as an off-screen activity. But I do need to know if you want a non-lethal weapon going in; the cops can provide a stun gun and/or stun baton to each of you.

I also need to know who is going into what team. If you look at the map in the OP, you'll note the big green X that's been added to the bottom right corner. That's the security terminal that needs hacked, but it's behind a very tough door.

Stion's location isn't certain; he's one of the turquoise civilian blips in the western (leftmost) part of the building, but that's all you know. Speaking of those blips, if they spot you, they may sound the alarm. But if you're going in civvies, you might be able to bluff your way past.

If you do opt to go in without wearing your armour/holding giant obvious guns, they'll be stashed in a box hidden near your entry point.

So we need two teams- one to locate Stion, the other to hack the terminal- and for each team to decide on an insertion point; A, B, C, D, as marked on the map. The Feds have kindly provided [strike]plot devices[/strike] clever gadgets that let you open the windows silently so your entry isn't a noisome smashfest.

Remember, white areas block line-of-sight even though they don't supply cover. A bit like how being behind a plyboard partition wall will shield you from view but do absolutely nothing against enemy fire.

Courtesy of Norton (he's got Tech +4 for crying out loud!) you can all communicate freely with each other and the police department using an encrypted channel without fear of tipping off the building's security, or the incoming raiders for that matter.

Once Stion is located and the security system is dealt with, the raiders will strike within about three turns. You can either hide and ambush them or meet them all guns blazing!

A word of advice: the four entry locations were chosen specifically because they're the closest thing the building's exterior scanners have to a blindspot. It's very likely that the enemy forces will arrive via the same locations.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cool. Im assuming bare hands and psi powers can be nonlethal right?

If ateras powers can be used to to trick people, I'd recommend have her and norton and some others sort out the terminal, and then Lori and sarajevo and maybe Howe can go be social and find the ambassador

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes, if Atera neglects to use her pointy knuckle-things her victims will be fine in the long run. And yes, empathy rolls can be used for general misdirection and what not.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I'd go with Atera, Ohnein, and Norton through D to secure the terminal disguised as repair techs of some sort, with their gear stashed in toolboxes. Atera can distract while Norton works on the door and then the terminal. Ohnein simply tazes anyone working alone and moves their bodies to the secure terminal room.

I'll be wanting a stungun and stunrod

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm definitely on the secure-Stion team, and am perfectly capable of trying a subtle approach.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Screw you, youtube, for not having the scene from Demolition Man I wanted

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My build doesnt really need gear at all! Fun stuff!

Is it only basic pistols that are concealable, or can I hide heavy pistols too?

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Atera gets to carry medkits for everyone.

That's right, this time you're the medbitch.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm willing to declare that anyone can hide a one-handed weapon regardless of type.

Rifles, assault cannons, etc.? Not going to happen.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That includes no-handed weapons, such as cars and light trucks, right?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not again!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nathan Brazill
    20-point Berzerker
    Player: Tommy2Hands

28 years old, 5' 11'', 195lbs
    Nathan Brazill, otherwise known as "Kiwigapawa" to his elders, was always a weird one. Even by the standards of the "backwater voodoo-culture" he grew up in, as it was so aptly described by nature shows and politicians alike. His mother being a priest, and his father being the local "spirit doctor", this character trait might be expected, but the consequences of the savage fights Nathan found himself so often at the center of were a disturbing thing to behold, regardless of religious faith. Luckily, the village elders recognized potential, in the form of one of their chief exports. They recognized a warrior spirit, otherwise known as mercenary's bank account to the aforementioned politicians and infomercials.

Regardless, Brazill began his training young, dropping out of the village's school, and into the local milita's training program, honing his occasional outbursts of rage into his oddly sophisticated martial arts studies, where he often times found peace. Eventually, he was scouted out by Vigil agents during a raid on a pirating group that had been operating out of the milita. Nathan signed his contract, and with his mother's blessing, shipped off into a modern world.

After his first three contracts, Brazill discovered two things. The first, was that it was typically easier to
    take out a target by one's self, if one was not wearing wait might be described as tribal-chic. To this end, he used the funds his family and friends provided him with to buy a new set of clothing, along with his new apartment. Secondly, Brazill noticed that he was allowed to use whatever weapons he wanted in most instances, instead of just the two tomahawk-style axes the elders passed down to him. Despite this, Vigil records note that these first three targets kills were submitted within twenty-four hours of their being assigned.
    tommyberserkerms.png
    Standard attacks

Slash: Single action, +70 to hit, 1d10+4 RP4
    (axe/dual axes)
    Dual hit: Double action, +70 to hit, 2d8+9 RP8/AP4
    (dual axes)
    Improved arc: Double action, +70 to hit, divide a double attack's damage across two or three targets, each target takes +4 damage
    (dual axes)
    Single shot: Double action, +20 to hit, 1d8+9 AP5, one charge
    (heavy pistol: 5 charges, double action recharge)

Berserker abilities

Bloodletting: recover 4HP when inflicting or suffering injuries (attribute penalties) in Melee
    Bloodlust: recover a point of Edge when killing enemies of equal to or higher level
    Improved Arc: arc attacks deal +4 damage and target an additional enemy (as above)
    Punisher: when enemies that break Melee contact fail an opposed Reactions check, opt to expend 2HP and gain a free single action Melee attack to use against them
    Martial Agility: Use AGI to determine Melee effectiveness instead of STR
    Dedication [AGI]: Reroll an AGI check once

Item abilities

Combat stimulant: Ignore the attribute penalty from a single injury (passive). On hitting 0HP, recover 1d6+2 HP (once per encounter).

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Jeez I've just seen some of those abilities

improved arc just chruns thru people. And Punisher... thats gonna be awesome to use in conjunction with Terror. They run away, Nathan gets free attacks!

It looks like the augmentos campaign is starting to wrap up and I... feel really really weird about it. Gonna miss it

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have to say Ed...I have trouble imaging Vigil is able to get people to work for them more than once if these are the type of people they draw :)

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    hahaha

But the real question is, who would win in a fight between nathan and Felix :P

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Brazill can't do shit at a range, but he's fast, and once he reaches you, there's a good chance your life is expectancy has fallen dramatically.

Felix would still probably ruin him before he got to that point though. Nathan would have to bank his combat stim pretty early in order to buy enough time to get close.

I would have more fun watching a death match between him and Mathias or Creak though.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Almost certainly. Then again, Felix's build cost is 10 points higher so it's not surprising!

Anyway, added you to the IC player list. Pity you missed out on the RPing, but you can let your axes do the talking in the mission proper

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    hey ed, should I just post whenever, or what?

E: Oh okay!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Nathan's only edge in that fight would be... well, Edge. Otherwise Felix's TK would clobber him before he got close.

Also, Tommy - go kick Pavac in the nuts. We out.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Okay so unless anyone decides they oppose it, the tech team will consist of Atera, Ohnein, and Norton and will deploy at D (stashing their gear in toolboxes left nearby) in order to sort out the terminal.

What about the rest of you?

Incidentally since there's no downside to it, I'll just assume that everyone is opting to take a stun gun and stun rod with them. They're not exactly game breakers or anything.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sounds fine

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Stats, gimme staaaaaaaats

Pocket has Psi shield, right? She can shield Nathan as he closes to range, and then Sarajevo snipes anything that doesn't have an axe in its head.

The real question is, after Stion is secure, which team does Damon's range and leadership abilities benefit most?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have a personal shield only.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Actually you can shield anyone! But it still costs 4MP and a double action to erect the shield. With Lori's stats, the shield offers more or less the same protection as a suit of heavy armour.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Tori!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dammit, I keep doing that. I'm like that one annoying uncle who always gets it wrong.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well his crib sheet only mentions shielding the user, Ed.

But looking at the other sheets... how many psi/tk powers are going to use resolve rolls by the user? I can't tell which are just Will+Tp/Tk or not. The wiki says Hostile Psi is straight Resolve vs Resolve, so I'd probably pair up Damon and Atera just for that alone.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I seem to have this mental block when it comes to user/target parlance. Blah, my mistake.

Resolve is mostly a defensive stat, and thus far Hostile Psi is the only Telempathy power that uses it directly. I like the free-action mechanic H.Psi had in the prior version, as it helped differentiate telepaths from other varieties of attacker, but I decided to change how it inflicted damage; it's still excellent for getting interrupts against psionic bosses and their ilk, but its best at shaving MP off grunts with poor Psi Defence.

That said, looking at the wiki, Hostile Psi would still be pretty potent when used with Consolidation.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    When the heck did Mental Edge become a psi power?

Did you drop the regular Edge aspects?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    wahey, title drop.

Iriah on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    When the heck did Mental Edge become a psi power?

Did you drop the regular Edge aspects?

Mental Edge is now a psionic ability, Physical Edge is set to become an alt-human aspect. At higher levels it's more potent than its original incarnation, and the hole left by the loss of Edge [Mental/Physical] is filled slightly by allowing players to expend HP/MP for direct bonuses to certain checks, but later down the line they'll be something with a similar function, don't worry!

Still don't know what to call that action mechanically. We've got Aiming for expending an SA for an accuracy bonus, Charging for when you attack after moving (unsurprisingly) and Hurrying for when you opt to perform a double action with a single action and live with the related penalty. So what could expending HP/MP on a like for like basis be called? Empowering?

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Id go with Empowering

and aspect wise, you should add one that makes it better. Got one for charging and aiming afterall!

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hrrm, maybe. If we did make a passive power like that, it'd probably be best attached to something a bit more interesting.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Looking at the map, I'd say Team Thrill 'n Kill deploy at Point C. There's a white partition there to keep you concealed from the east, and it's near Stion's likely location to the west. Just have Sarajevo scan that guy in the cubicle before heading out.

Team Fun 'n Gun is just waiting on you guys!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah cmon the sooner we get this silly tactical bit over the sooner we can kill things :P

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Do it or we'll make more Gef jokes! Ha, what am I saying - we're gonna do that anyway. Run this thing into the ground, and bury it in a hole 8 feet deep.

Also, stungun/baton stats, Ed! Pretty please?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Prod: Double action, 2d6+Melee stun effect versus Resistance- failure, target suffers a temporary injury.
    (shock baton)
    Stun shot: Double action, 1d10+Ranged stun effect stun effect versus Resistance- failure, target suffers a temporary injury.
    (stun gun, four charges, double action recharge)

Note that civilians, what with being normal unprepared people, are KO'd from a single injury. As devices go these are fine for safely incapacitating low-level NPCs but they're a lot less useful in a combat situation.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png