As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]ty Chatty Bang Bang

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Holy shiz!

You get to work at a game studio AND kick it with Curt Schilling?! WHHAAAaooo

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bombardier wrote: »
    This actually works better not understanding the words:

Oh god I studied German in highscool, I should at least understand some of that.

Mr vice president, I here have an example of.. book, bok, what is he saying aaaa

Moorkus on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Something like "Mr Vice President, somebody finally bought the book you published!"

bombardier on
  • Options
    MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got an A in that class, let us never speak of this again.

Moorkus on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I don't understand how anyone can be expected to work at 38 studios. Are they all in the same building at least?

DMAC on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DMAC wrote: »
    I don't understand how anyone can be expected to work at 38 studios. Are they all in the same building at least?

I will run through all of them with a laptop and Wacom tablet attached to my body, drawing furiously.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good job, ND.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmmm. I wonder what my name should be. My new name. I know it's too early to think about it, but it's kind of fun to do so.

Maybe I should let somebody else name me? It seems like that would be appropriate.

I was thinking Alice. Or Elizabeth. Or Casey. Maybe I should go through a baby name book.

I'm actually losing weight now again, so today I am basically ecstatic. Thinking about how I'm going to come up with the money for all these surgeries gives me the chills though. And before I even do that, I have to speak to a therapist. I think I need to sort out a few more things.

I'm sorry I keep posting about this. I know you guys are sick of hearing about it. But it's exciting!

e: Congratulations, ND!

Yeah you should pace yourself.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

I will run through all of them with a laptop and Wacom tablet attached to my body, drawing furiously.

Hahaha! I had a mental image of you running through studios with a laptop and a wacom attached to your body. you were drawing furiously!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmmm. I wonder what my name should be. My new name. I know it's too early to think about it, but it's kind of fun to do so.

Maybe I should let somebody else name me? It seems like that would be appropriate.

I was thinking Alice. Or Elizabeth. Or Casey. Maybe I should go through a baby name book.

I'm actually losing weight now again, so today I am basically ecstatic. Thinking about how I'm going to come up with the money for all these surgeries gives me the chills though. And before I even do that, I have to speak to a therapist. I think I need to sort out a few more things.

I'm sorry I keep posting about this. I know you guys are sick of hearing about it. But it's exciting!

e: Congratulations, ND!

Yeah you should pace yourself.

Yeah, I'm going to. I think for now I need to focus on moving my life forward and...figuring out exactly how I'm going to raise ~$60,000. I'd kind of like to get this done before I turn 30. That leaves me five years and some months.

I wish I could start a blog or something and take donations. But I'm pretty sure that would make me a giant whore, first of all, and secondly, I don't really know that my writing is strong enough or that the content would be enough to attract any kind of readership. I'm almost wondering if I could start some kind of nonprofit that would sponsor things like this, but again, I'm pretty sure that my reasons for doing that are selfish. Is that a bad thing? Am I a terrible person for thinking about these things? This is new territory for me.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    How many gigs do those things have? (Zunes)

EDIT: Never mind! 17 gigs isn't really enough for my casual playlist. Man, what the hell, though, my old, broke-ass Sony piece of shit has twenty gigs for just a little bit more than that and this was years ago. YEARS.

What the hell, technology? Are you getting worse or is the MAN fucking shit up again?

Many people realized that carrying 80 gigs of music around was kinda stupid. I have a ton of my favorite albums, and a couple time a week I switch out for albums I want to listen to.

There is nothing casual about a playlist that equals about 200 hours of music :/

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Hahaha! I had a mental image of you running through studios with a laptop and a wacom attached to your body. you were drawing furiously!

:^:

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I saw a peach-flavored salad dressing today at the store. I don't really like Paula Deen much, but that looked pretty good. Maybe I will buy it next time.

e: Oh, man. I think I figured out what kind of avatar I want.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Forbe! wrote: »

EDIT: Never mind! 17 gigs isn't really enough for my casual playlist. Man, what the hell, though, my old, broke-ass Sony piece of shit has twenty gigs for just a little bit more than that and this was years ago. YEARS.

What the hell, technology? Are you getting worse or is the MAN fucking shit up again?

Many people realized that carrying 80 gigs of music around was kinda stupid. I have a ton of my favorite albums, and a couple time a week I switch out for albums I want to listen to.

There is nothing casual about a playlist that equals about 200 hours of music :/

The thing is I'm not just into some of my music some of the time, I'm into all of my music all the time, always, forever. Sometimes I get sort of tired of somtiny portion of the songs I have, but I just shuffle through those.

Anything less than 20 gigs is just completely insufficient for my musical needs.

Sigh.

I suppose I could tolerate an iPod, even though I really don't like them.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I'm going to. I think for now I need to focus on moving my life forward and...figuring out exactly how I'm going to raise ~$60,000. I'd kind of like to get this done before I turn 30. That leaves me five years and some months.

I wish I could start a blog or something and take donations. But I'm pretty sure that would make me a giant whore, first of all, and secondly, I don't really know that my writing is strong enough or that the content would be enough to attract any kind of readership. I'm almost wondering if I could start some kind of nonprofit that would sponsor things like this, but again, I'm pretty sure that my reasons for doing that are selfish. Is that a bad thing? Am I a terrible person for thinking about these things? This is new territory for me.

starting a blog wouldn't make you a whore any more than working a normal job.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Way to go ND! You're the boss!

no_toast on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, who wants to come over and share this bottle of Bacardi with me?

DeeLock on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    cg nd!

rts on
  • Options
    meowmixmeowmix Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hi everybodies!

Congratulations on the job, NightDragon.

meowmix on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Hey, congrats, ND! :^:

Of course, this means that the next time you get down on yourself about your abilities for no good reason, I will use that opportunity to make derisive fart noises.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dee what a coincidence i am drinking rums and cokes right now

RubberAC on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Zune software is awesome, and the players are underrated.

I have a 30GB original zune I could sell you. I got a 30gb zune HD for christmas.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Brown SharkFuzzy Brown Shark Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Yo dawgs.
    I'm new. :>

Followed a friend here, but I figured I'd post and say hiiiii before I go back to just lurking.

Hiiiii.

Fuzzy Brown Shark on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    <reading the rest of last page>

Holy shit, 60 thousand dollars?? I can understand not wanting to get a discount cut-rate sex change where you'd be lucky if your boobs ended up aligned horizontally rather than vertically, but how cow that is a fuckload of money. Best of luck to you pulling that together, at least you've got the fire of motivation under your belly to get you going. (Excuse my mixed metaphors there).

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks all! :D

meowmix - OH MAN your avatar...I remember watching that as a kid, haven't seen it in forever! That sequence was mildly horrifying.

Fuzzy - welcome!
    Hey, congrats, ND! :^:

Of course, this means that the next time you get down on yourself about your abilities for no good reason, I will use that opportunity to make derisive fart noises.

D: ...I...I guess I would deserve that.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Congratulations ND, professional artist.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Holy shit, 60 thousand dollars?? I can understand not wanting to get a discount cut-rate sex change where you'd be lucky if your boobs ended up aligned horizontally rather than vertically, but how cow that is a fuckload of money. Best of luck to you pulling that together, at least you've got the fire of motivation under your belly to get you going. (Excuse my mixed metaphors there).

If I'm not mistaken most of that cost is the hormones and drugs one has to take for literally years before any sort of surgery can actually take place.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Night Dragon, I believe more congrats are in order... CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!

Prospicience on
  • Options
    meowmixmeowmix Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    meowmix - OH MAN your avatar...I remember watching that as a kid, haven't seen it in forever! That sequence was mildly horrifying.
    I didn't know until you just said so that In the Night Kitchen had been made into a movie.

The avatar references the book -- off to watch the movie now.

edit: It's narrated by PDQ Bach, even!

Well, if you're going to animate Maurice Sendak, that's the way to go about it.

meowmix on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Siegfried wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken most of that cost is the hormones and drugs one has to take for literally years before any sort of surgery can actually take place.

That sounds like a pain. Aren't mad scientist-style brain swaps an option yet?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    meowmix wrote: »
    I didn't know until you just said so that In the Night Kitchen had been made into a movie.

The avatar references the book -- off to watch the movie now.

yesssss do eeeet

I think I may've been introduced to the movie before the book, even.

[edit] OH SNAP, all those with websites remember to update your © to 2011. Literally seems like last month that Bombs mentioned that for 2010.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I was thinking Alice. Or Elizabeth. Or Casey. Maybe I should go through a baby name book. !

Alice is a pretty spectacular name, if I do say so my self.

Also, CONGRATS ND, SO PROUD!

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Forbe! wrote: »

You've never met me then. I've got 320 hrs on my casual playlist. Which are all favorited songs I've heard at least twice.

That's not to mention the rest of the music I've never even heard yet, just sitting on my hard drive.

SO, ZUNE... Get a zune. For your price range, a zune is perfect. and is also not an ipod. Love my zune, great customer support too.

TRU STORY, My 8 gig zune had a critical failure less than a year after I bought it, I called tech support and said "Hey your shit broke." "Super sorry sir. We don't make 8 gigs anymore, but would you like a brand new 80 gig instead?" "Fuck yes!" and it was at my front door in 2 days.

A+++ buy a zune.

Also zune software is amazing. Thats how I have so much music.

PS. GRATS ND!!! (what's 38 studios? googles...)

ninjai on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If it doesn't make me a whore, then that's exactly what I'm going to do. I hope it's not a trainwreck. I rarely have interesting things to say. In fact, I'd say it'll be more like an online journal. Or maybe that's typical.

Also yes I am quite partial to Alice.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Actually that's a lowball estimate. Or more like middle of the road. It probably depends on how many procedures I will actually need to have done. I suspect that they will be pitching some that I don't need...so I think I have an interest in finding a really good surgeon.

The good news is that if I'm on a proper HMO at the time I can probably have the sex reassignment done on insurance, since I legally have to have a vagina to be considered female. The facial surgeries, hair removal, and hormone replacement are another matter. They aren't "medically necessary," so they aren't covered.

It's...really scary expensive. Like I thought my $700 computer was a feat of fiscal management.

Seems like a lot of girls on some of the boards I've been browsing have gone to Mexico or Thailand. Fuck that.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What's wrong with Mexico or Thailand?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    They strike me as places where regulations on practitioners of plastic surgery are not quite as stringent as they are here in the states.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I guess that may be true.

Though I thought that one of the reasons for going there besides cost (and I could be wrong) was that Thailand and Brazil (not sure about Mexico) are 2 of the few countries where gender reassignment surgery was covered by government healthcare, and subsequently would have more doctors experienced in those sorts of operations than countries where it's prohibitively expensive to pursue.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I suppose then, that it's something I will have to look into. I have a lot of research to do in any case. Not ruling anything out. I understand that "Fuck that" is pretty concrete language, but my head is spinning all the time right now. I can hardly form a cohesive paragraph anymore.

e: I'm thinking about commissioning an avatar. From whom, I don't know, and of what, I'm not sure. I was thinking about a girl's face drawn in the scott pilgrim style.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ninjai wrote: »
    You've never met me then. I've got 320 hrs on my casual playlist. Which are all favorited songs I've heard at least twice.

That's not to mention the rest of the music I've never even heard yet, just sitting on my hard drive.

No, I haven't met you, but I have met people like you. Hur hur hur.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
This discussion has been closed.