As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skullgirls - PC release confirmed

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    From what I can tell, as long as you don't mash and double tap, combos are a lot easier. I've found that if I hit a button more than once, the chance of me landing that combo is very low.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    From what I can tell, as long as you don't mash and double tap, combos are a lot easier. I've found that if I hit a button more than once, the chance of me landing that combo is very low.

Except for Parasoul, right?

lk lk mk mk hp hp seems to work well. I usually forget to do hp hp though, and end up hitting hk. So I usually end up with a 5 hit combo instead of 6 =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    You're also welcome to send me invites, Candito. Playing games with people already on my friends list is very convenient.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Double's ending....what the hell!?

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Except for Parasoul, right?

lk lk mk mk hp hp seems to work well. I usually forget to do hp hp though, and end up hitting hk. So I usually end up with a 5 hit combo instead of 6 =/

No, this goes doubly for her. That combo that I was doing, if you don't time her attacks right, you either don't get anything or they block it. The same with her lander/relaunch combo, if you double tap or mash, her s.lk won't come out and you'll drop the combo.

• Options
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    made the mistake of playing this against my good-at-fighting-games friend, next thing i know i shut off the xbox in a blind rage.
    he kept doing valentine's special where she darts back and forth and i couldn't seem to block anything.
    i yelled so loud at the TV, my GF woke up (and she was downstairs). i should probably learn some characters before going online again...
    i really like cerebellum and parasoul, but i can't seem to find another character that works for me.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Parasoul combo

This is what I was trying to do, Skull.

Does the start of that combo really not set off the games loop protection? If so, man, it was way more lenient than I expected.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Man, all I know is that Blaze is so far out of my league... Like woah. I likened it to Tyson fighting a small child :lol:

We played what... 10 matches? I managed to win 1. Time ran out, and I had like a tiny sliver of health more... Still had fun though, I couldn't even get mad at all the crazy combos I kept getting caught in. It was pretty amazing to watch.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    You seemed to know what you were doing though. Just random super less and I think you'll do a lot better.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    GameFAQs has so many discussions on this game being a depraved tittyfest. Fucking dudebros, I swear.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So, any indications of when we're likely to see it on the UK PSN? :3

There's often a massive gap, months or more between US and UK PSone Classics releases, I've wondered if that's because they get submitted later, or it takes that long for Europe to process em?
    Cantido wrote: »
    GameFAQs has so many discussions on this game being a depraved tittyfest. Fucking dudebros, I swear.

Yuuup. "Would you still play this if it was naked guys?" Ugh.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It's only awkward if you're twelve and you're playing this game naked and your mom walks in.

This guy gets it.

Cantido on
  • Options
    AbsurðrAbsurðr Näkrå maximum fucking hellRegistered User regular
    I would love it though if they bring in male characters with noticeably bouncing junk. Just make everything ridiculous.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So this game apparently has infinite combo protection or something similar. Are there bursts that allow you to break combos in mid-stream like Guilty Gear? If so, what are the inputs?

I haven't been able to get back to this since Wednesday but I should be hanging around this weekend. Feel free to send me an invite to throw down on XBL. Name's CR zan.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    Absurðr wrote: »
    I would love it though if they bring in male characters with noticeably bouncing junk. Just make everything ridiculous.

Just some oldschool oversized codpieces with laughing faces on the ends of them? I'd play that.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    To be fair, the character design is largely describable as "depraved tittyfest." Most of the characters look pretty stupid, though the art is well executed.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Someone kickstart the Cho Aniki fighting game, already.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    To be fair, the character design is largely describable as "depraved tittyfest." Most of the characters look pretty stupid, though the art is well executed.

ms fortune, peacock, painwheel and double don't really seem like they fit that description buuuut

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    The only character that bugs me visually is the teacher, but she's pretty much only shows up in the tutorial mode so, no big deal.

• Options

ms fortune, peacock, painwheel and double don't really seem like they fit that description buuuut

Pssh... whatevs. Double's hawt! Can't wait for the cosplay to start soming out!

I like T&A in my games, so nothing in this game really bothers me. Its not really any "worse" than most games out there. The only thing that gets me kinda is Ms Fortune. The way her parts pull apart and stuff grosses me out a little for some reason. Which is weird cause I can play through any gorefest type of game without blinking an eye...

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    when valentine wins and breaks the mercury vial in her boobs, that makes me cringe

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    See, now that makes me laugh.

Also, the fact that there is, or was a whole country or race of Ninja Nurses is awesome.

Its double plus awesome when you have Valentine vs Peacock, and Peacock goes "Helllooooooo Nurse!"

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    yeah
    peacock is so goodddd

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    See, now that makes me laugh.

Also, the fact that there is, or was a whole country or race of Ninja Nurses is awesome.

Its double plus awesome when you have Valentine vs Peacock, and Peacock goes "Helllooooooo Nurse!"

This game is awesome.

• Options
    Valentine, Cerebella, and the teacher are a bit much, but it's not that different from say Ivy and Taki. I think it might just be more noticeable because of the concise roster.

I really want one of the fish people as a fighter. Minette is adorable.
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Just some oldschool oversized codpieces with laughing faces on the ends of them? I'd play that.
    Yeah! It would totally be endearing.

Someone kickstart the Cho Aniki fighting game, already.
    It would be amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    it's no worse than any DoA game, plus the art is fantastic so i don't mind

though i actually appreciate when there is some slow-down so you can actually get a look at some of these really quick frames, there's some really funny ones.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I would bone Parasoul silly. I don't give a shit about the rest. This game's art and setting are an All of the Above collective of Art Deco, Lovcraftian Horror and Tits.

I wonder what the sales figures are for this for both consoles. I want this game to succeed. With this, BlazBlue and Soul Calibur V, it's a good year for fighting games. Unless you are Capcom, in which case, die of Aids plz.

Cantido on
  • Options
    Man, using Valentine's Mortuary Drop as an assist was pretty effective against me. Good job, computer.

I think the different strategies between number of fighters on your team is pretty interesting. A skilled person using 1 character against someone not as good with 3 characters is kind of brutal. I haven't messed around with custom tag powers, but using the defaults doesn't seem to level that too much. It looks like being able to do Blockbuster Sequels would be the biggest advantage.

Marie is still just annoying. Form 1: stay right next to her, combo, block, repeat. Form 2: stay with her, combo, Blockbusters, block, repeat. Form 3: If your blockbusters still hit, spam, otherwise hope you can hit her with jumping hk/hp before you get locked down. Anyone have a more elegant way?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Other big advantage of multiple person teams is being able to regenerate redlife.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man, using Valentine's Mortuary Drop as an assist was pretty effective against me. Good job, computer.

I think the different strategies between number of fighters on your team is pretty interesting. A skilled person using 1 character against someone not as good with 3 characters is kind of brutal. I haven't messed around with custom tag powers, but using the defaults doesn't seem to level that too much. It looks like being able to do Blockbuster Sequels would be the biggest advantage.

Marie is still just annoying. Form 1: stay right next to her, combo, block, repeat. Form 2: stay with her, combo, Blockbusters, block, repeat. Form 3: If your blockbusters still hit, spam, otherwise hope you can hit her with jumping hk/hp before you get locked down. Anyone have a more elegant way?

Marie's last form is pretty easy actually. Stand beneath her or just to the left/right of middle and spam any button that hits high. Valentine's launcher, Parasoul's launcher, Filia's standing H, etc. This, of course, is provided you're playing on Sleepwalk or Easy. Normal or above and she's a bit more of a pain in the ass.

Also, has anyone figured out the code for the 10th palette that Ravi mentioned? I'm about to go try the
    Street Fighter 2 code: down, R1 or R2, up, L1/L2, square, X

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    fencatfencat Registered User regular
    There's a big thread on SRK where they are trying all kind of codes for SG to try and unlock last one.
    The SF2 code has been tried and not found working, but then I dont think its been tried in all menus yet..

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/10th-palette.158497/page-2 to stop by and check.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also, there's already a Cho Aniki fighting game, albeit a terrible one.

Spoilering because it's awful, and not even all that homosexual or blatant about innuendo. It's just truly bad.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Oh my god...

Did one of Parasoul's egret assist moves, and before the guy leaves he says "well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!"

Nice.

Also i suck hardcore vs ms fortune... I cannot beat her. The best i can hope for is running out the clock

• Options
    Stupid jumpy Valentine. I need to get this stick modded so I can successully anti air a bitch.

• Options
    turns out i'm pretty good with painwheel, i can keep good pressure on and even have a combo or two down pat.
    i think this is my favorite fighting game, despite how hard it is

played some random dude online who kicked my ass over and over, but i managed to get better and kill off most of his team. i had him down to cerebellum but he was really fucking good with that character.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

you're right, actually, it's only valentine, cerebella and parasoul, and to a lesser extent filia, who are kinda gross and juvenile in their design

peacock is also one of the best character designs ever, especially considering her moves

it's just that the boobly characters are really visible and splashed all over the game, and the weird deformed-tit teacher character is on every screen in tutorial mode

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    valentine is bad enough on her own to bring down an entire roster

• Options
    I like to think valentine's mega nurse tits are ironic in nature

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    F

you're right, actually, it's only valentine, cerebella and parasoul, and to a lesser extent filia, who are kinda gross and juvenile in their design

peacock is also one of the best character designs ever, especially considering her moves

it's just that the boobly characters are really visible and splashed all over the game, and the weird deformed-tit teacher character is on every screen in tutorial mode

yeah, peacock singlehandedly made me go from dislike to loving the game

also I guess they gotta splash the generic "hot" characters to sell/market better. no one would buy a game with double on the cover.

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*