As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skullgirls - PC release confirmed

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Thought I'd go through arcade mode to get some costumes but then I remembered that Marie is just about as much fun as pounding a nail through my dick. I hate having to do single player stuff in a fighting game to unlock things. I don't play fighting games for the singleplayer aspect.

I did notice something though. I've been running fortune and peacock, fortune on point with box car george as the assist for peacock. In some instances I notices that george would hit fortune's head and blow up before it could get near the enemy. I may need to rethink my assist choice.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i use peacock's heavy item drop assist
    but i have her on point so i never use it

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh, shit. If anyone needs a TE, today is the last day to use this coupon to get one for $100.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/100-sale-promo-check-op-soulcalibur-v-arcade-fightstick-soul-edition-for-ps3-xbox-360.148132/

I'd do this but I already ordered the PC for Dual Modding my TE-S. Like a man.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Oh, shit. If anyone needs a TE, today is the last day to use this coupon to get one for $100.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/100-sale-promo-check-op-soulcalibur-v-arcade-fightstick-soul-edition-for-ps3-xbox-360.148132/

I'd do this but I already ordered the PC for Dual Modding my TE-S. Like a man.

Wow perfect timing. Thanks!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Thought I'd go through arcade mode to get some costumes but then I remembered that Marie is just about as much fun as pounding a nail through my dick. I hate having to do single player stuff in a fighting game to unlock things. I don't play fighting games for the singleplayer aspect.

I did notice something though. I've been running fortune and peacock, fortune on point with box car george as the assist for peacock. In some instances I notices that george would hit fortune's head and blow up before it could get near the enemy. I may need to rethink my assist choice.

Marie's pretty easy to cheese, on lower difficulty anyways. I just get in close and hold down + back and spam hk or hp.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Due to a generous gift from @Chocobolicious, I just picked this up on PSN. Can't wait to dive in tonight.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Ah, PSN has gifting, doesn't it.

Well since my brother taught me how to use hus Hulu Plus, I think Ill send him SG.

• Options
    Ah, PSN has gifting, doesn't it.

Well since my brother taught me how to use hus Hulu Plus, I think Ill send him SG.

He gifted me a PSN points card; I don't think PSN has a gifting system proper, like Steam does.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    No soldering required but man.

Orly?

I might have to get one for my homemade Hitbox. I know the PS360+ is a thing finally, but the way Akishop jerked everyone around has left a bad taste in my mouth.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Orly?

I might have to get one for my homemade Hitbox. I know the PS360+ is a thing finally, but the way Akishop jerked everyone around has left a bad taste in my mouth.

The Kitty Board? No soldering. Its 50 dollars plus shipping. If your stick says its Tournament Edition S on it then you need some extra wires for another 5. I ordered it and will attempt science on my TE fter exams.

EDIT: The Kitty Board is specific to TE models and Hori VLX sticks. I don't think it will work on that. But just ask around in SRK's thread for modding.

This one is for the Kitty Board.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/official-kitty-class-boards-thread.129829/

Cantido on
  • Options
    So, some first impressions.

Love the art style, obviously.

Movement feels a bit off to me; super slow walk speeds, I'm guessing heavily reliant on dashing. Reminds me a bit of Marvel.

Jump arcs are super low and feel a bit floaty.

Chain system seems very mash friendly; you can get in 15 hit combs doing nothing but chaining normals. Not sure how I feel about that.

Is it impossible to cross your opponent up in the corner? Every time I try I just bounce off an invisible wall.

Training mode without input display is fairly useless.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    weird, i never use input display in training

also for the chain system; just mashing normals out is nowhere near optimal damage. so new players can do something, but good players will never actually just say "why bother with new combos, chain mashing all day"

also you can't crossup with jumps in the corner (it's like this in all air dashers)

also most characters have a forward run + an air dash. not all of them though

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Orly?

The Kitty Board? No soldering. Its 50 dollars plus shipping. If your stick says its Tournament Edition S on it then you need some extra wires for another 5. I ordered it and will attempt science on my TE fter exams.

EDIT: The Kitty Board is specific to TE models and Hori VLX sticks. I don't think it will work on that. But just ask around in SRK's thread for modding.

This one is for the Kitty Board.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/official-kitty-class-boards-thread.129829/

My homemade hitbox was made out of a TE:S so I don't need to do anything too crazy beyond just the extra wires. All the internals are original, all I did was put a custom top on it and wire up the buttons. Thanks for the link!
    Jump arcs are super low and feel a bit floaty.
    This is due to the Guilty Gear influence on the gameplay. The only time characters ever got launched to the moon was if they got hit with a Dust move.
    also for the chain system; just mashing normals out is nowhere near optimal damage. so new players can do something, but good players will never actually just say "why bother with new combos, chain mashing all day"
    Yeah, I was messing around yesterday cooking up some bnbs and noticed that there really is no point to try for a full chain since it damage scales the final super into stupidity. Time to investigate bnbs further!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Chained normals are fun, but a proper BnB will end up doing twice as much damage.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    yeah. and after 40 hits, your opponent starts gaining more meter from getting hit by your combo than you do from hitting them

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I've sort of asked this question before, but now that you guys have your hands on it you might be better informed: What's the execution barrier like in this game? I was only really able to play dhalsim in sf4 because most of the other characters were way above my finger speed.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Is there a reason everyone in Ranked uses only one character?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    to do more damage, i guess

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    Is there a reason everyone in Ranked uses only one character?

they're probably trying to learn one really solid character before moving on to having to handle two at once

• Options
    i use two characters in ranked?

i usually fight teams with 1 or 3, but not many people use 2
    i guess some people learn like it's a 1v1 fighting game, others learn more like it's marvel 3 or something

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I'm sticking with one until I know her better.

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh god, PA Skullgirls thread. You had to show me that deal on the SCV stick, didn't you? I've been looking to replace my old Hori monolith for something a bit smaller and more portable. The deal was too good to pass up.

In Skullgirls news, I think I've settled on Painwheel and Valentine for my main team. I honestly didn't get what Painwheel was about until I started to figure out some of her normals. Liking her assist set to 2MP for extra low hits. Still need to practice more chains with her.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    painwheel has diabolical low hits. i like to mix up with a j.MP and then into something low. i really like her specials and she goes good with my team of cerebella and parasoul. use c.LK on her assist to fuck people up.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I wanted to like you Parasoul. I really did. But I just can't get my head around the weird flow you have as a charge character. Oh well, it looks like Peacock and Cerebella are gonna be my go to girls which I guess was inevitable since I always play either a zoning bastard or a grappler.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I'm have more problems with Parasoul's normals than her charges.

Such a tall babe, hitting nothing but air with that umbrella so much...

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I got the hang of her normals pretty quick, her 2HP move is stupid good. Her kicks are really damn good too. I really only use the punch normals if I have some sort of setup going, otherwise I use the kicks to make space since they come out fast and the heavy kick launches people to the next continent over. If only I could figure out how to integrate the charge moves into her gameflow. I'm so used to just regular ole command attacks that you can shit out anytime.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
  • Options
    no double shirts

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    no double shirts

What do you mean?
    There are 7 double shirts

• Options
    Rend wrote: »
    no double shirts

What do you mean?
    There are 7 double shirts

Heh.

But seriously, one dude has a Double shirt on in one of those pictures.

• Options
    no like, I searched double in the store
    nothin

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Use the store customizer to build your own Double shirt.

Plus use coupon code "throwing" to take off 30%.

There's artwork in the customizer that ISN'T on any of the default shop shirts, so do check it out.

Edit: The codes are single use are you fucking kidding me

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Alex Ahad in an interview on the game, the future, and sexism in gaming. He basically says sexy != sexist. If the girls were, instead of fighting over the Skull Heart, fighting over a man named Marty Stu or Geralt or Tenchi, that would be pretty damn sexist. They have their own goals, dreams, and social circles. There is one character I'm concerned about...
    Cerebella's relationship with Vitale and the Mafia is really creepy and Freudian. But her ending seems to depict this as a tragic thing. Lets see how long that lasts in the next iteration when their slave drive comes to light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xJsC2ATV0pA

Cantido on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to play on PS3 add RadiusSquared and send me an invite.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Alex Ahad in an interview on the game, the future, and sexism in gaming. He basically says sexy != sexist. If the girls were, instead of fighting over the Skull Heart, fighting over a man named Marty Stu or Geralt or Tenchi, that would be pretty damn sexist. They have their own goals, dreams, and social circles. There is one character I'm concerned about...
    Cerebella's relationship with Vitale and the Mafia is really creepy and Freudian. But her ending seems to depict this as a tragic thing. Lets see how long that lasts in the next iteration when their slave drive comes to light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xJsC2ATV0pA

Yeah, the character plots blow any accusations of sexism out of the water for sure. They're all too fucked up to be considered sexy in the slightest (at least by a normal person, I'm sure someone out there is jacking off to Peacock's story mode).

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm having trouble against turtley solo-Filia players. They either rapidly air dash+ HP or just crouch down and wait for you to come close or try any normal so they can use c.mk into omgwtf combos. Even if I block the c.mk I'm not sure how to hit her afterward.

Cantido on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I've had a couple Filia-Filia mirrors and it's pretty stupid-as its a lot of down-back waiting to try and land c.mk. Was expecting more characters to have a dedicated overhead but can't find a list of any.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It seems to me that most characters are better off going for overhead mixups via low air dashes. Fillia can jump, air dash, and do an air attack. Valentine can backdash, cancel her backdash into her air dash, and then attack out of her air dash. Painwheel obviously has her fly shenanigans for overheads (whats nice about her fly is you don't need to tiger knee it). Parasoul has some command overheads off the top of my head but I'm not thinking of too many for other characters. Remember that crouching is a decent risk in this game because if you are crouching you can't tech throws.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    That's why that doesn't work in the trial. Still have lots of SF4 tendencies.

PSN SeGaTai