Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, but I don't read trade channels for the social aspect. :( I mean, I get that some people enjoy it, and I'm sure there'll be a trade channel anyway, but this vastly improves the enjoyment most players get out of the initial joy of finding a rare item.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I dunno, man. Nothing approaching conversation with intelligent humans as ever happened to me in Spamadan. It's more like:

"WTS STACK OF GRANITE 15k" -ChuckNorrisRape Trader
    "Hey, man, I'll give you 12k. That's closer to the going rate. 15k is crazy." -Me
    "15K." -ChuckNorrisRape Trader
    "Hmm. How about 13k?" -Me
    -ChuckNorrisRape Trader Has Ignored You-

~~~~~~~~~~~~"WTS EL KUNA POT 4000E"~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WTS BUTTZ FOR BUTT BUTTZ. OPEN TRADES WITH ME FOR WANGS. LOL."

~~~~~~~~~~~~SPIDER CLAN IS RECRUITING~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WTS UNDED FIRST YEAR WHITES 500k
    WTS UNDED FIRST YEAR WHITES 500k

"WTS STACK OF GRANITE 16k" -ChuckNorrisRape Trader

I mean. There'll still be clan spam, but at least I'll know nothing interesting was going on in that chat anyway.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Either that, or you just have people who refuse to talk to you. If they said "WTS Stacks of War Supplies 13e" you'd better find them, open trade, put in 13e and get your war supplies. Because they will never actually talk to you.

• Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    I just need to run sorrow's furnace to finish my black moa chick. I tried it last week with just heroes and ended up failing on the first quest. Does anyone else need to run the instance or would be interested in joining me?

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Why would there be a trade channel? You can't trade. Ingame chat in MMOs is divided into 3 things: Trade, LFG, and Chuck Norris. No direct trade removes the first, no forced grouping removes the second.... all that is left is Chuck. Anal [Chuck].

Your post is like 100% the opposite of what I see. For one, trade scrolls way too fast for anyone to guild spam that much. As for no talking, definitely not... like, I found some chalice thing, remembered someone was looking for it, so took it to spamadan. Found the price on argos, found a buyer, then chatted a bit about what the thing was used for, and agreed to look them up if I got more. Most people will at least say thanks after, even the chinese traderape bots. I haggle all the time, try to get discounts for buying multiple products, and see what people want to buy so I know what to keep an eye out for. Most people are cool and are willing to deal. If I wind up trying to haggle with another economy leech, I'll still usually trade tips or even liquidate some stuff I'm too lazy to sell to I can have cash for whatever I feel like trading in that day.

Madpoet on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    So with all this trade chat going on, I figure one of you could lend me some advice perhaps? Is there any 3rd party board somewhere that's easy to follow the pricing of certain items, or is the best bet just to follow the trade spam to get an idea of what things are going for these days?

I haven't played seriously for years, but figure with GW2 approaching I better get to work on my HoM.

After opening a slew of presents, I finished off 20 mini-pets (+rare and unique), but still have 2x 1st year, 2x 5th year, and 1x 6th year.

So many different currencies make my head spin a bit deciding what to convert them to :rotate:

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    For quick price lookups:

http://argos-soft.net/GwEstimator/

Primary forum for doing extensive forum trading or pricing:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/price-check-f39.html

Edit: To just look up your pets, look them up in Argos Soft. That pulls live data from Spamadan which you can glance over to see what prices most people are advertising.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Sell the pets in EOTN and not Spamadan - many more buyers. Don't sell to anyone who just specifies a year, they are offering 1/2 price or less so they can resell.
    If you have multiple level 20 characters, the black moa chick is a good money maker.

• Options
    For whatever reason, pets also sell decently in the Temple of Balthazar. I've hopped between the two.

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Awesome, thanks guys!

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    I just need to run sorrow's furnace to finish my black moa chick. I tried it last week with just heroes and ended up failing on the first quest. Does anyone else need to run the instance or would be interested in joining me?

I *always* want to run instances if I'm online. :) Playing with others is nearly always fun or leads to funny anecdotes about tales of misfortune. I did a bit of Slavers' Exile yesterday and I had a blast, until I miscalculated a pull and wiped, and ressed in aggro range of everything that killed me before. Also: did not equip Frozen Soil.

• Options
    If anyone ever wants to do any of the instances (Well, except Sorrow's Furnace :P) I need 'em all. I built a bomber for DoA but haven't gotten a group yet.

• Options
    Yea the downside of PuGs is that they require very specific builds (like that extremely broken Rt build for DoA)

• Options
    Yeah, I have the extremely broken Rit build. I went out and got it. I just haven't been able to find PuG's doing it anymore either. Since the last BWE in GW2 it seems like numbers are really tanking. I think people are hitting their HoM goals and dropping out. This frustrates me, because I have 5 points to go to my goal.

5 points... Grrr.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Yeah, I have the extremely broken Rit build. I went out and got it. I just haven't been able to find PuG's doing it anymore either. Since the last BWE in GW2 it seems like numbers are really tanking. I think people are hitting their HoM goals and dropping out. This frustrates me, because I have 5 points to go to my goal.

5 points... Grrr.

I'd go. I have a Rt. I can probably get the bomber build up fast.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Well, that makes 2 of 8, lol.

You'd also have to get your Rit to DoA which I imagine would be a longer process.

• Options

5 points... Grrr.
    I only just started WiK, so I'll play with you. You're just never online when I am. grrr

• Options

You'd also have to get your Rit to DoA which I imagine would be a longer process.

Yes. There is that.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Kafka87 wrote: »
    I am playing GW1 to tide me over until GW2 is released. I know the guild is probably hella quiet but I would appreciate an invitation anyway, so I can wallow in slightly less loneliness. My character is called Dedryke Cannonball.

Stuff gets hard quickly. I keep dying to stupid missions that are really early. I think half the problem may be I don't know what on earth I am supposed to be doing with my heroes.
    wrt heroes, get a Necromancer and Ritualist as soon as possible and work towards this build: http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:Team_-_7_Hero_Player_Support
    Unlock skills for heroes by PvPing and trading in your Balthazar reputation for skills at the trader at the Great Temple of Balthazar. If you have access to Factions this is very easy to do by way of playing Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. If you don't have this it takes longer, but your best bet would be to play Random Arena whenever it's the daily Zaishen quest as per http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Random_Arena_(Zaishen_quest) and play the tutorial but do not hand in the final quest every day (24hr cooldown), the mock matches net you ~2k rep.

Or you could do what I did and get sick of PvPing after a few days and just buy the skill unlock packs on the store. <_<

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers, uh yea, there's that. :P

--

I just got a Cloth o/t Brotherhood out of http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Thackeray's_scavenger_hunt I'm giddy!

• Options
    latharislatharis Registered User regular

I'm always willing to try and go again, although I just have the Dervish. I've been on a small break lately to do dad things and also to play Diablo with my brother, but I should be getting back into the swing of things again quickly. I'm also considering rolling up another character of the Assassin/Mesmer/Rit variety to have another option, but the idea of having to grind out Sunspear or Lightbringer again for the skills makes my head hurt.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i'd come but my computer broke lol

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I'll be back from vacation tomorrow so I should start being back online and can help with things. Particularly things that will give me monies.

• Options
    Aaannnd 48/50. One more weapon, and 10 more vanquishes to go.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    You are a madman

• Options
    You are a madman

I want to tear my hair out, it's so boring. I can barely focus on the game anymore.

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Haha, wow. Kudos to you, Geod. There's no way I would have been able to get that far. Not without sacrificing a part of my sanity, anyway.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    So those bounties for the Shining Blade are pretty rough. I can manage on HM, but not without casualties. Are there any recommended hero teams for 6man areas?

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    https://forum.guildwars.com/forum/forums/news/June-21-2012-Update-Notes/page/1#post11864

Looks like they are automating the festivals starting with this one. One more thing winding down in good old guild wars.

• Options
    Yep. It's on autopilot from here on out. . . .

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Well they have, what, three main people still working on it?

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Does not come as a surprise at all. It'll be interesting to see how many people will even play gw1 next year.

• Options
    Yeah. I can only imagine what the barren wasteland of GW1 players will look like. For some reason I imagine it'll be the sorts of people who mostly hang out in Lion's Arch and just shoot the shit. The game has largely been on auto-pilot for awhile, and I doubt boxes are moving off shelves with any speed that matters at all. A-Net is probably just trying to figure out when a fair time to close down the servers without pissing off players would be. I mean, I'm sure it's years, but I wonder what sort of longtail profit systems they have in mind for sustaining a no subscription service that competes with their newer product.

• Options
    Yeah. I can only imagine what the barren wasteland of GW1 players will look like. For some reason I imagine it'll be the sorts of people who mostly hang out in Lion's Arch and just shoot the shit. The game has largely been on auto-pilot for awhile, and I doubt boxes are moving off shelves with any speed that matters at all. A-Net is probably just trying to figure out when a fair time to close down the servers without pissing off players would be. I mean, I'm sure it's years, but I wonder what sort of longtail profit systems they have in mind for sustaining a no subscription service that competes with their newer product.

Would it be viable to just keep 1 server running forever and only patch security issues? It'd be a great way to make people who really enjoy GW2 buy GW1 on the cheap just to grind out some HoM after they've collected all dyes in GW2 or whatever other insane grinds that game will contain.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    It doesnt cost that much to keep a single server running in each zone. They just need to scale back the hardware as the concurrent user numbers drop. Eventually guild wars 1 NA might run on a single quad core server :P. Keep in mind there will be people interested in gw2's backstory that might pick up gw1 after gw2 comes out.

Draygo on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    And GW2 players who decide to go back and get Hall of Monuments stuff in GW1.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    And GW2 players who decide to go back and get Hall of Monuments stuff in GW1.

Having now farmed rewards... I almost kind of want them to shut that down at launch so that my misplaced priorities are immortalized and preserved to me.

Thankfully, they probably don't agree with my selfish attitude. That one post about the exclusive hats seemed to indicate that they don't want people to just want things because no one else has them.

• Options
    I wonder how they'll handle HoM when the population in GW1 dies. Will they leave it as sort of a "Tough luck, sucker" type situation for those really late to the party or will they implement a way to make it possible for them.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    You can still get, at least, all the first 30 points of HoM rewards without other people. Hell, that's kind of been my policy. Except for talking to a few other people in the guild, I try not to interact with the other players, lol.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Is there a vent server I can hang out in while I play this game? The one in the OP is not working, so I assume it's no longer existing.

steam_sig.png