As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I have employed Texmod for my mapping needs.

It is going a decent clip but will still take quite a while.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    @pmavers I have not forgotten you. Hockey + birthday + D3 making for an interesting week. I'll drop the stuff off soon. Let me know when you're usually around and I'll make the time or pass it off to Geod or something :P

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Entaru wrote: »
    I have employed Texmod for my mapping needs.

It is going a decent clip but will still take quite a while.

I just installed it too! Helps so much knowing I don't have to skim every edge anymore. About 15 more vanquishes in Tyria, and 11 more in Cantha, and I'm done :)

Geod on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Done as in done done?

While that seems like "a lot" I have to imagine that you get about 1 long one a night. and so could easily be another month to complete it.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Yeah, I imagine it's a very long road to get 30/50 if you started this year. I've been slowly working on it since the HoM came out, and only doing stuff I enjoy to get my points. It's taking me a while, but I've had a good time doing it, which is the important part. 3 points left!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Done as in done done?

While that seems like "a lot" I have to imagine that you get about 1 long one a night. and so could easily be another month to complete it.

Not done done. Still have 2 oppressor weapons to get at some point. And then I debate going for GWAMM, which is what I need the sweets/party/alcohol for. Then I'd have to farm... yuck.

Considering its 50 some areas to vanq for Tyria, 15 is a sight for sore eyes!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm at 2 points left. and there's are a few relatively easy things to buy to get me the remaining two points. I just thought cartographer'd be fun. . .

Well "fun" in the OCD gamer sense of fun.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Most people think its tedious, like me. I'm glad some people actually "like" it :)

• Options
    Geod, we must have a GWAMM or our guild isn't legit.

STAY TRUE, AND TAKE MY SWEETS/ALC/PARTY

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    At some point I thought I'd make it to 45.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Now I have my doubts about whether I'll ever move past the 31 I'm stuck at.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I am fully accepting of the fact that I might have to cut bait at the 28 I am at now. It's not that it's impossible to get the rest of the points just that each plateau becomes quite a bit more of an outlaying of time. A lot of the points i want look simple on the surface but they require either spamadan trading or a lot of money or both. . .

At least Cartography and vanquishing bypasses that crap and replaces it with a huge time investment.

Anyway, if anyone has undedicated mini's they want to sell let me know. I need 7 of them. I have an extra undedicated mini juggernaut that I'd be willing to trade for one of them also.

• Options

Haha, I'd definitely take any anyone has :) I'd pay you too, provided I have enough money for however much you have.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    2 more poiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiints

And I can put a hard price tag on those too. 80k and 26 jadite. Thats literally all I need for 30.

FOW took for freaking ever though. I had to leave for class with one wolf left for the final quest and hope to god no one turned off my pc while i was out.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    @pmavers I have not forgotten you. Hockey + birthday + D3 making for an interesting week. I'll drop the stuff off soon. Let me know when you're usually around and I'll make the time or pass it off to Geod or something :P

My "active" times are incredibly random. On right now for a little bit since I just got home from work, will probably be on a bit tomorrow evening. Like 8 EST or so.

I'm actually completely unsure what character I should be looking for/bugging. :3

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Geod wrote: »

Haha, I'd definitely take any anyone has :) I'd pay you too, provided I have enough money for however much you have.

You can have all that I have. I definitely have more sweets than alc as I sold some of my alc points a while back. But I can let you know what I have.

• Options
    Once I make these last few plats and hit 30, I would let you have anything you need.

Unfortunately I prolly wont have much because I cleaned out the bank trying to reach the money I needed to finish this shiz.

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

My "active" times are incredibly random. On right now for a little bit since I just got home from work, will probably be on a bit tomorrow evening. Like 8 EST or so.

I'm actually completely unsure what character I should be looking for/bugging. :3

Vengeful was Ryske is the character to bother, though I suspect I'll be giving stuff over to @Geod if we don't meet up.

My party/sweets come free of charge because I don't need money. Donate it to helping people get their HoMs up or call us even for the help you gave me or whatever. This is pure charity and some self-centered ego boosting. Tell you what, give me like 3% of your GWAMM title and we'll call it even :P

• Options
    Down to needing 25k for the 30th point. Cloth of the brotherhood wont sell, so no more farming Glints.

Guess I will just pvp for those Zkeys cause they sell in seconds.

• Options
    I buy z-keys at 5.25 plat. Of course, there's a decent number of people who buy them at 5.5 plat, so you probs want to sell to them if you can. I've found that someone is usually willing to sell me 19 keys for 100 plat, though, which amounts to almost a free key?

• Options
    SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    I can't believe I'm even considering this, but damn it, that flameseeker title is haunting me and since there was no beta this weekend, I need some kind of Guild Wars to tide me over.

Here is my current HoM (30/50): hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=details&details=obgAAg%2B%2FieDAAAgAAgHAAAgAAABAAAAASAEIQAAAAAA

I am trying to figure out a way to 40 points that won't drive me completely mad. Here's what I've come up with:

Devotion: 20 more minis for a total of 40. Expensive, but not prohibitively so. (2 points)

Fellowship: Finish it out for 1 point. I hear Zenmai is a pain in the ass to get, but getting the actual armors shouldn't be too big a problem. (1 point)

Resilience: Nothing. Fuck Obsidian armor.

Valor: Use proceeds from vanquishing (see below) to buy tormented weapon and finish WiK on second character for 2 more oppressor weapons. (2 points)

Honor: Sigh. I hate everything about this tree and there's nothing I can do about it if I want to get to 40. I'll probably need the most input here. As I see it, the "easiest" path based on points in other trees is vanquish elona and pick up the lightbringer (and spearmarshal - can I do both in 1 vanquish?) titles, vanquish cantha while maxing kurzick rep and finishing up protector (only need 2 missions i think to get that), max 1 EoTN faction, AFK survivor, do FoW and UW (are these soloable?) and finally, god help me, eternal zaishen supporter. I don't see anyway around it, annoying as it is, because it contributes 3 points by itself. (5 points)

That's the 10 I need. Is there an easier way that I'm not seeing (please say yes)?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I would go MUCH farther into the weapons. Get a tormented. I dont care, just do it. Farm that mission/quest that gets you opressors and get 11 weapons. That is really not as hard as it sounds since apparently you make 40ish k an hour doing that thing and thats over 1/3 an opressor. So you do that and get a tormented and you just got 5 points. I think with some napkin math, you could do this all in the time it would take to vanquish like 10 zones. Time is money friend.

The point in fellowship is a must. That is the easiest thing to max period. Thats almost a free point. As for pets, well, that can be easy as shit or take forever depending on if the pets you need show up in Spamadan and how long it takes, but if you have the patience that could be the fastest 2 point you get (even moreso than fellowship).

So thats 8. If you want to cut down on the pets and get only 1 point then you would just need the Zkeys. This could be quick or slow depending on your ability to gain income.

Using the opressor farm thing (Im sorry I dont know the name I havent done it yet, but its all the rage) you could get enough raw money for the Zkeys from that in roughly 25 hours. Thats not to bad.

Case in point, I would never ever do vanquishing unless its the ONLY thing left for you to do.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Intriguing. I completely agree with you on vanquishing, but it seemed to be the easiest way to do things.

The farm you're talking about is Auspicious Beginnings, and while that is definitely an option, you're talking about farming up a minimum of 6 oppressor weapons (assuming do WiK on my second character for 2) running the same 5 minute mission over and over and over again. That almost sounds worse than vanquishing, because at least with vanquishing the scenery changes, but it probably is faster as all the bullshit in the honor tree requires 5 titles per point. I will have to sit down and do the math on this.

Everyone says the fellowship point is easy, but isn't Winds of Change on Hardmode (what you need to finish to get Zenmai) pretty damn hard? I see people complaining about that rescue at minister cho mission or w/e it's called all the time. I need this point either way, though, so it's kind of moot. Just curious how hard it actually is to get Zenmai. The armors I've had no trouble getting so far.

Superdupe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You have to do Winds of Change on normal mode to get Zenmai. Hardmode is the ritualist.

I am dumb.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    No, you are incorrect on Zenmai acquisition.

You need to do the zkeys to get the most points out of it; and in reality it is 3.2 points in HoM because it is a statue in itself so it's 1/5th a point. The weapons. Yes. Take the time to do DoA.

1) It's fun, I really enjoy running it
    2) It's worth a unique point and is a status symbol

Getting the oppressor weapons along with it is also a good idea. Mashing out honor statues is the most arduous, tedious grouping of tasks for points. It is, however, the cheaper item. Purchasing oppressor weapons and farming that one mission is probably the best idea. It is tedious, it is boring. 50 runs (minimum) per oppressor weapon. If you have any characters that can run WiK from start to finish that is smartest since you can get over 1 oppressor per run through.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    zenmai you get from doing a single quest that you get at like, consulate docks

it's MIKU that you get from WoC normal mode
    you do not have to do WoC.

• Options
    also the first third of WoC is boring as heck but then it is kind of alright and the rewards pick up a lot

and the first 100% of WoC HM is a pile of shit

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh my god, I was mistaking Zenmai for Zei Ri this whole time! Seriously though, those are two stupidly similar names.

Well that makes at least one part of this significantly easier. So basically I am looking at two ridiculous grinds (zkeys and oppressor weapons) vs. one ridiculous grind and at least 5 only-slightly-less ridiculous grinds. I think you guys are right.

Superdupe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    One thing I have been good at is this hom thing. With some seriously shitty play times I have been able to knock out 30 hom in like less than 2 months and I completely avoided proph. So I got a good idea of hom to time ratios through WAY TOO MUCH study.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Ugh, got the money for the mats for my final armor, and internet goes down in my area till midnight. OF COURSE.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand its done

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=ofAAA8////DAAQgAAAjAAAAAAACAAAAASAEIQAAAAAA&todo=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kai_San on
  • Options
    Gonna try some DoA early tomorrow afternoon. Anyone who wants to come should make sure to have Gaze of the Lightbringer.

• Options
  • Options
    Grats brother, we are 30 twins.

The reward is unprecedented boredom waiting for GW2 :(

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Grats brother, we are 30 twins.

The reward is unprecedented boredom waiting for GW2 :(

do what i do and have exams constantly

• Options
    I have a summer class with 1 test a week. But its just spanish 101 so its easy as hell.

• Options
    i'm taking the MCAT on thursday

AAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH eh w/e it'll be fine

• Options
    Traded an unopened sixth b-day present for 15 z keys. The dude got an EL Kuunavang.

Oh well. Heh.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    How the hell did I get here?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Almost done with Prophecies, just gotta do 2 more missions from the ones before you get to Kryta. The game does a stellar job not telling you that the title requires you to backtrack all the way to Ascalon to grab those few missions. I also made some headway with the quests you get from Glint after finishing the main storyline, there's some real challenge in those what with fighting lv24 Titans in 4man areas.
    Kagera wrote: »
    How the hell did I get here?
    Hi Kagera. :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    I am suffering from post 30 burn out. I will return to see if I can pull off 35 or 40 in a few days. . .

• Options
    I'm still agonizing over basically losing 170 ecto. It turns the taste of the victories of the weekend into ash in my mouth,