As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky Act 1: The Scouring of Gate Pass (IC)

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Summer peered at the shadowy form and asked, "Is that the person we're supposed to meet here?"
    Perception (Low-Light Vision) (1d20+9=12)
    Do you get to use Passive Perception if you can't roll for shit? :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Traorin noticed the torch burning in the hands of Coaltounge's statue. Ever-burning torches were a minor magical or alchemical implement, but something seemed different about this one. After a hard glance Traorin decided it wasn't really pertinent to try and identify the torch, the city was under attack and they needed to find that gnome.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Though he remained silent as the group made their way into the depository, Areneth’s eyes were in constant motion; counting guards, watching patrol routes, and taking in the surroundings of the depository grounds. His eyes paused on the status of Coaltongue, and a look of worry replaced the usual smirk. He focused in on the torch in the statue's hand, and even came to a stop in his concentration. After a few such moments, the tension eased from his body and he seemed to breathe a quick sigh of relief. Then the smirk was back, and he began walking again.

When they entered the depository building proper, Areneth moved to the right of the door, taking note of the figure at the top of the stairs before looking to the rest of the room. Satisfied that there was no immediate threat in their surroundings, he settled back to watch the figure, waiting for Torrent to take the lead.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    Bp1580Bp1580 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Swain was visibly happier upon seeing the inside of the Depository. "Well, at least some of the city survived." he thought, a small smile leaving his lips as he made his way to the shadowy figure

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The cheerful demeanour he began the night with completely gone, Dorn stands stock still, slightly apart from most of the party. His hands are folded over his chest, but not casually - his knuckles are pale from gripping his own arms and there is a tension in his neck that hasn't lessened since he first saw citizens of Gate Pass fighting among themselves. Though his face has been drawn and despondent since the dragon sighting, a little glimmer of hope sneaks into the half-orc's gaze now as he looks between Torrent and the shadowy figure, waiting for one of them to speak.

Turanos on
  • Options
    squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Titania gazes at the two fountains as she passes, focusing on her attention on the right one depicting the Emperor holding a flaming torch. Sensing some magic from the torch she reaches out with her senses to study it closer, trying to determine it's origin.
    Arcana check: 1d20+10 = 21

Inside she stands still, away from the shadowy figure, waiting for a proper identification before being willing to approach.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Areneth, Summer:
    Passive Perception: Success
    You notice the shadowy figure to be that of a gnome. It's Rivereye.

The shadowy figure at the top of the stairs notices all of you. It makes its way near the bottom of the stairs, coughing and wheezing on the way. When it walks into the light, you could easily identify the man. a A pug-faced, ugly gnome with blue robes and a runny nose stands in front of you. He looks at the party when he reaches the floor and sneezes.

"Forgive my manners, I seemed to have caught a cold coming down from the Ragesian capital. My name is Rivereye Badgerface. I've been expecting you, and I see you've brought some bodyguards. Good. Good. Can't be too careful in these troublesome times."
    the gnome replies calmly, almost businesslike.

“I hear the war outside,” says the gnome between coughs. “Good to be in here. Very safe.” He clumsily turns around and begins to ascend the ramp, “Follow me, Peppin, it is time to conduct our business.”

Areneth, Titania:
    Arcana Check: Success
    The torch on the statue of Coaltongue is a powerful fireball generator tied to the Elemental Chaos. However, due to the current disruptive nature of the burning sky, it's currently no longer functioning.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Traorin could hear an explosion in the distance, he knew it was only a matter of time before the battle found its way to this tower. "Well met master Gnome, it is an honor to finally meet you, but it is as you said there is indeed a war going on out there. We have seen the forces arrayed against this city and I have to say it doesn't look like Gate Pass can hold against this onslaught for much longer. If you have any information for the resistance it would be best to hand it over quickly so both our party and yours can quickly find a safe way out of this city."

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Realizing that he was the only human male in the group, he addressed the gnome and took on the inquisitorial* aura of a mage. "Well met, Rivereye. I must commend you on the state of the grounds! The statue in particular is humorous in a dark sort of way." He was hoping to butter up the gnome with a little talk before asking something of him. As Rivereye began to ascend the ramp, he reached out a hand and motioned for him to stop. "I will follow you in a moment, but might I take my assistant with me?" He gestured at Areneth, thinking that he could probably handle any need for bluffing that might arise. "He really is quite remarkable, and you won't have to worry about him sharing any secrets. I'd trust him with my life."

He felt a little worried since he knew absolutely nothing about Peppin whatsoever and the gnome seemed paranoid, but perhaps the gnome would allow Pippin (as he was now pretending to be) to bring Areneth along due to their mutual dislike for the inquisition? It was a risky gamble, but he hoped it worked.
    Diplomacy roll: 1d20+2 → [12,2] = (14)

*As in curious, not murderous.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Swain:
    Diplomacy Check: Success

Rivereye gladly accepts you as Peppin, and even accepts your terms.

While the rest of the heroes (including Torrent) remain on the first floor, Rivereye ascends the ramp to the second floor, with Swain and Areneth in tow.

Swain leads his Drow ally up and when he reaches the top the gnome has moved to one of the locker's on this floor. He stands almost with his back to the human.

*cough*

"You have to forgive me *Cough*. My throats a bit dry." Rivereye says raspy and turns to place a hand on one of the lockers. "Everything is in here Peppin, all you now need do is speak the password to open it."

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Watching the three retreat upstairs, Summer muttered under her breath, "Hope he knows what he's doing..." Left with nothing immediately pressing, she wandered around the room, glancing at the different lockers and anything else of interest.
    Are the "guards" that were mentioned visible? Using passive perception. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Summer:
    Passive Perception: Success
    Other than the guards outside, you see none of the other guards on your floor. In fact, other than the three making their way to the second floor, you could hear no other footsteps. It's as if the interior of the Depository is completely silent.

In addition, you notice small, round metal balls placed along the walls of the floor (you could assume there are some on placed on every wall on each floor of the tower). You also start to hear a low hum emanating from the metal balls as you passed by one.

A Dungeoneering Check (DC 15) may be in order to identify them.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Not sure why I bothered. :P 1 off from being able to Take 10. :(
    Balls! (1d20+4=10)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Watching as the gnome gestured toward the locker, something didn't seem quite right to Swain. He couldn't put his finger on it, but it there was definitely something strange going on here. He didn't think much of it, but he decided to question the gnome further before opening the locker.

"What is this foolishness, Rivereye? There was no talk of a second password! If something is going on here, I think you'd better tell me..."

He took a few steps* back from the gnome, gesturing for Areneth to retreat as well. He didn't know what was going on, but he wasn't going to be close to whatever it was when it happened.
    Insight roll: 1d20 → [14] = (yet another 14!!!)
    Intimidate Roll: 1d20+7 → [12,7] = (19)

*About 1 square back down the ramp.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Traorin, sensing Swain's apprehension, moves up behind him and makes ready for any possible trouble. If anything untoward occurred in the next minute he would be there to shield the human. The asking of a code by the Gnome didn't bode well for the group, they had no code and when that became apparent then the situation might get worse. Traorin saw Swain trying to intimidate the Gnome and thought it best to do what he could to help, adopting his most fearsome glare, Traorin locked eyes with Rivereye, the glare promising untold torment should the locker not be opened soon.
    Intimidation roll: 1d20+7= 25

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    At the mention of the password, Areneth concentrated on sending a message down to Torrent to hopefully obtain the correct phrase, before the party's ruse was discovered.

Send Thoughts Message:
    "Torrent, it's Areneth. What was Peppin's code-phrase for opening the locker? Swain needs it or we're in trouble.

After a few moments, Torrent's thoughts generated a response:
    Areneth? How do you... Oh I see. A telepath. Wait. What code? The Resistance mentioned nothing about a code. Something's wrong!

Accompanying Torrent's thoughts, Swain began backing up, and Traorin began coming up the ramp. Sensing that his current location was not necessarily advantageous, Areneth took a few steps back to place himself behind Swain and Traorin, keeping his eyes on the gnome to see what his reaction would be.

OOC
    Areneth has used his Send Thoughts encounter ability for the next 5 minutes / until the next short rest

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Gnome takes a step back as well, away from the suspecting Warlord.

"Wait a minute! Your not Peppin?! Shit! It seems we've been compromised! I knew that little bastard wasn't telling us everything! No matter, once I kill you, I'll personally interrogate him myself! As for you..."

The gnome suddenly grows in size (human-sized to be exact), and the illusion drops, revealing a short and wiry elf. He has blond hair and pale skin, mostly hidden by black clothing. A small pouch is slung over his shoulder and it has slots for scroll cases and potion vials, and a rapier sits sheathed at his hip. He holds what appears to be a throwing dagger in his hands.

"I'm afraid you know too much. So now I'll have to kill you and your assistant!"

With the dagger in his hand, he focused on his target: the non-threatening (and soon-to-be-dead) Warlord in front of him.

Swain:
    Intimidate Check: Failed
    He is hostile to you now, so the DC to intimidate him is DC 24.

Traorin:
    Intimidate Check: Success
    The fake now views you as the greater threat. You are now his target of choice instead of Swain.

Only to be met with a disturbing glare from a Dragonborn warrior making his way to the top of the ramp! The elf, caught off guard by this appearance, threw his dagger towards the new arrival instead. The dagger flew through the air, towards Traorin!

Surprise Round!
    Action: Throwing Dagger
    R Throwing Dagger (std; at-will) Weapon
    Thrown 5/10; +10 (+12 due to CA) vs. AC; 1d4+4 damage or melee +10 vs. AC; 1d4+2 damage.

Special:
    Sneak Attack (free; 1/round)
    Once per round, ???? can add +2d6 damage to a damage roll if he has combat advantage against the target.

Attack Roll: 17 HIT!
    Traorin takes 17 damage!
    Traorin is bloodied!

The dagger digs deep into the Dragonborn's flesh, causing an artery to burst. The lithe man turns his back, readying himself to run away as far as possible from the group...

Roll Initiative!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Areneth was almost not surprised by the treachery of the elf. In fact, he had started to become accustomed to everyone trying to kill him. Perhaps it had something to do with his newfound compatriots, or this shadowy Resistance that he now found himself lumped in with. Regardless of the circumstances that led him to this moment, there was now an elf that needed killing, and Areneth was more than happy to oblige.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Traorin staggers and drops to one knee as the knife hits, his world erupts in pain. He knows it will take him a moment to get back on his feet. "I need cover here!"
    Initiative roll: 1d20+2= 5

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dorn's head snaps up as he hears the dragonborn's shout, his eyes suddenly focussed and alert once more. Glancing around, he attempts to ascertain whether any additional threats are likely to appear before moving towards the ramp.
    Initiative: 1d20+5=17

Perception Check in case of extra enemies/dangers: 1d20+5=25

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Swain drew his sword and readied himself for combat, hardly even reacting to the spy's treachery. He had assumed they were walking into a trap (as he often did) preemptively to avoid being too startled. He had always believed that a good leader was one that remaind level-headed while others were overcome with shock. He was surprised when the elf's knife hit home though, blood spurting out of their warden like froth from a geyser. He only hoped that he and Summer could get him back on his feet before the Elf's next attack.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Spy vs Spy! Round 1

Torrent and the others heard the Dragonborn's cry for aid, and each one unsheathed their respective weapons from their persons.

"Great!" Torrent remarks snidely, clenching her battle axe.

"Looks like this is going to be a looooong morning! To battle!"

Meanwhile, on the second floor, Swain and the others could hear a strange humming noise on the above floor. Could this elf have backup after all?

Dorn:
    Perception Check: Success
    Just as you are about to climb the flight of stairs, you realize you passed a partially hidden control panel against the wall of the ramp. No doubt there is one on each floor of the depository. Could they possibly be linked to the round metal balls Summer spotted earlier?

Map (Round 1):
    First Floor:
    DepFloor1Round1.jpg

Second Floor:
    DepFloor2Round1.jpg

Initiative:
    Areneth Thalant 26
    Summer Storm 19
    Titania Shaylee 19
    Dorn Kir 17
    Larion, Elf Spy(Elite) 16
    ???? 15 average
    Swain C. Angevin 11
    Traorin Xinskarr 5
    Torrent 4

Here's how it goes: Allies/enemies take turns out of order in a group/block.

Stats:
    (Floor 2: F6) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 1: G3) Dorn HP 28/28
    (Floor 1: G6) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 2: C7) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 1: J2) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 2: F7) Traorin HP 7/33 Bloodied
    +1 Racial bonus to attack rolls while bloodied!
    (Floor 3: ??) ???? #1 HP 54/54
    (Floor 3: ??) ???? #2 HP 54/54
    (Floor 2: F8) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    (Floor 1: J5) Torrent HP 26/30

Monster Details:
    LarionElite.png Larion, Elf Spy (Elite): HP 102/102 AC 18; Fort 16, Reflex 17, Will 14, Speed 7; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Sneak Attack (free; once per round):
    Once per round, Larion can add +2d6 damage to a damage roll if he has combat advantage against the target.

Elven Accuracy (Encounter; Free):
    An elf can reroll an attack roll. It must use the second roll, even if it’s lower.

Wild Step::
    You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).

TorrentNPC.png Torrent (NPC): HP 30/30 AC 18; Fort 14, Reflex 12, Will 15, Speed 5; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Power Melee:
    On any melee weapon attack, Torrent may take a –2 attack penalty and add +3 damage.

I posted the coordinates of everyone as well, making it easier to plan your attacks (Letter, then number).
    Another way to make it easier is to post what monster you hit e.g. Melee Basic attack on Grunt(F5)

Features:
    Illumination: Normal Light

Lockers: Each floor contains dozens of metal lockers, used by merchants and noblemen to store valuables, or to leave for others to pick up. Jumping or climbing to the top of one is a DC 10 Athletics or Acrobatics check. They are made of reinforced iron (Break DC 30; Open Lock DC 30) and are magically trapped with a single Level 10 Shocking Blast trap (+13 vs. Reflex; Close Burst 2; 3d8+5 damage; Miss Half damage; Thievery DC 30 to disarm; Torrent explained this to you during your trip to the depository- To prevent anyone from looting the place). Owners of the locker can bypass the trap with a password.

Walls and Ceiling: The walls are masonry (Climb DC 20) and the ceilings are 20 feet high with the stone ramps circling around the interior wall.

Balcony Doors: All the doors are strong wood (Break DC 20) and partially open. There are four on each floor except the first and they are all currently unlocked. Each one leads to a circular balcony. Any person exiting to a balcony without an internal guard present will trigger an alarm (currently off).

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Areneth, Titania, Dorn and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and friends???)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dorn raises his eyebrow in curiosity as he notices a hidden panel near the stairs, and though concerned for his companions' welfare, he decides that he may be of more use to them by trying to gain control over the situation. Moving over to the panel, his nimble fingers begin to work on it, puzzling out its secrets and perhaps activating it for the good of the party.

As the half-orc begins to figure out the purpose of the control panel, and the devices it is attached to, his expression shifts gradually from curious to horrified. "It's an anti-magic trap," he calls to the rest of the party, "don't cast spells until it's disabled! And stay away from those scary wall-balls!" Troubled by the burden he now bears for the safety of the party, Dorn begins to sweat as he begins to ponder how to safely neutralise this threat.
    Standard: Use Thievery to try to figure out how the panel works: 1d20+5=17 SUCCESS

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Areneth, Titania and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"]On Deck: Elf (and friends?)[/COLOR

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Need some help?" Titania asks, moving up next to Dorn to take a look. "I'll not be much use to them upstairs until these things are disabled."
    Move Action: Move to G2
    Standard Action: Thievery check to disarm anti-magic trap on this floor: 1d20+1 = 21 Yay for critting on skill checks instead of attacks.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Worried by the shout from above, Summer ran to the bottom of the stairs to see what was happening. She wasn't able to see what caused it, but the growing pool of blood under the dragonborn indicated that things were obviously not going according to plan. Conscious of Dorn's warning, Summer put on a burst of speed to get up the stairs and staunch the worst of Traorin's wounds.
    Move: F5, G4, G3, F3, E3
    Action Point Move: D4, C5, (magical warp to D5, 2nd Floor), C6 (2nd Floor)
    Standard: First Aid on Traorin, DC10 -
    Plug holes! (1d20+9=19) - Traorin can Second Wind as a free action

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Areneth[/COLORCOLOR="Red"]On Deck: Elf (and friends?)[/COLOR

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Reaching into the pocket of his jacket for his crystal orb, Areneth began to concentrate on disrupting the space around the Elf, trying to wrench him into another location, and hopefully translocate some of his organs in the process. Dorn's warning shout gave him pause for a moment, but Areneth continued in his preparation. He hoped that the fact that his disciplines came from the mind, and not from a god or some mystical cosmos, that he had found a loophole in the trap's effect, and would not trigger it.

Completing his preparation, Areneth released his mental energy through the orb into the area around the Elf. Perhaps it was a trick of the room, or perhaps Areneth had not devoted enough concentration to the power, but it fizzled harmlessly. Cursing to himself about his missed opportunity, Areneth moved partway down the ramp so that he had visibility onto both floors, and waited for the next chance to strike.
    Minor Action:
    - Draw Crystal Orb from pocket

Standard Action:
    Dimensional Scramble centered on (G8)
    No cover for targets, since the origin point to the target does not include cover

- Target: Larion (F8): 1d20 + 4 vs. Fort (16) = 9 Miss

Move Action:
    - Move part way down the ramp to (D4)

COLOR="RED"]Up Next: Elf (and friends?)[/COLOR COLOR="LIME"]On Deck: Swain, Traorin[/COLOR

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Seeing the others approaching from the ramp, the elf turns around, and rushes off towards the next flight of stairs, unsheathing a rapier in the process.

Once he reaches the stairs, he shouts out to anyone above:

“Paes shor saes! Pyl's jhaer saes thylyrn ti! Ai baer kaer or os caesi!”

Swain, Areneth, Summer:
    Elvish for: “Deal with them! Don't let them follow me! I need to get out of here!”

He then rushes up the stairway, disappearing from sight...

Enemy Moves:
    Larion:
    Minor Action: Unsheathe Rapier
    Move Action: Move to K10 (G8->H9->I10->H11->I11->J11->K10
    Move Action: Move to ?? (Third Floor)

??? 1 & 2:
    Prepare an Action: ?????

Stats:
    (Floor 2: D4) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 2: C6) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 2: C7) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 1: G2) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 2: F7) Traorin HP 7/33 Bloodied
    +1 Racial bonus to attack rolls while bloodied!
    (Floor 2: F8) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    (Floor 1: J5) Torrent HP 26/30

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 2)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Swain chased after the spy, stopping only when he realized the significance of the steady humming they had all heard. The elf was not alone.

"Bottom floor, give me a status report! Our friend has company upstairs and we could use some extra hands."

Swain felt a little better when he noticed that Traorin was back on his feet. "Come up here with me, Traorin!" he yelled, "You're not going to let a little knife stop you, right?" He hoped that short words of encouragement would have the same strange restorative effect that his monologues did. The idea of writing a ridiculous number of speeches "just in case" didn't exactly appeal to him.

Trying not to get lost in thought, Swain scanned the room. He noticed that something was glistening in a locker next to him. He would have tried to open it, but Torrent had warned him of the magical traps the lockers employed. A small frown formed on his face as he realized that he may never know what was inside. Maybe he'd have Traorin break it open after the battle? It was of no real consequence, however. He turned his attention back to the action, standing prepared for whatever the elf had in store.
    Move Action: Move to G8
    Standard Action: Equip shield
    Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Traorin
    1d6 → [2] = (2)
    Traorin spends one healing surge and gains 10 HP!
    Free Action: Talking!

COLOR="Lime"][B]Up Next: Traorin[/B][/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"][B]On Deck: Our Lady of Getting Us Killed (and Round 2)[/B][/COLOR

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Feeling reinvigorated Traorin contemptously tosses the elven spy's knife to the floor, his blood still glistening on the blade. "Bah, I've had worse scrapes playfighting with my siblings!"

Traorin could feel the Spirit of the Storm welling up inside him though. He was tired and battered, his muscles ached and fatigue tore at his limbs. He could feel the weight of his battleaxe and shield almost double in his current state, but he had a plan that wold even everything out. The Storm was building inside of him, and very soon he would release it. He moved after the fleeing spy and into a position that would allow Swain to back him up.

"They're moving up to the third floor," Traorin called down to those left on the ground level, "get up here as fast as you can!"
    Move Action: Move to H9
    Minor Action: draw Battleaxe
    Standard Action: equip Heavy Shield
    Free Action: Yell downstairs

COLOR="Cyan"]Up Next: Torrent (and Round 2)[/COLOR COLOR="Lime"]On Deck: Areneth, Summer, Titania, and Dorn[/COLOR

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Spy vs Spy! Round 2

Torrent rushes upstairs, unsheathing her trusty Battle axe in the process.

"What happened? Where's Rivereye?"
    was all she could say, as she stopped for a moment to gather her breath.

Torrent:
    Minor Action: Unsheathe Battle axe
    Move Action: Run to C5 (changes to D5 on Floor 2)
    Move Action: Run to G11

Torrent gains a -5 to attack rolls until the start of her next turn
    Torrent grants CA until the start of her next turn

Map (Round 2):
    First Floor:
    DepFloor1Round2.jpg

Second Floor:
    DepFloor2Round2.jpg

Initiative:
    Areneth Thalant 26
    Summer Storm 19
    Titania Shaylee 19
    Dorn Kir 17
    ???? 15 average
    Swain C. Angevin 11
    Traorin Xinskarr 5
    Torrent 4

Stats:
    (Floor 2: D4) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 2: C6) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 2: G8) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 1: G2) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 2: H9) Traorin HP 31/33
    (Floor 3: ??) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    (Floor 2: G11) Torrent HP 26/30
    -5 to attack rolls (until start of her next turn)
    Grants CA (until start of her next turn)

Monster Details:
    LarionElite.png Larion, Elf Spy (Elite): HP 102/102 AC 18; Fort 16, Reflex 17, Will 14, Speed 7; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Once per round, Larion can add +2d6 damage to a damage roll if he has combat advantage against the target.

An elf can reroll an attack roll. It must use the second roll, even if it’s lower.

You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).

TorrentNPC.png Torrent (NPC): HP 30/30 AC 18; Fort 14, Reflex 12, Will 15, Speed 5; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Power Melee:
    On any melee weapon attack, Torrent may take a –2 attack penalty and add +3 damage.

I posted the coordinates of everyone as well, making it easier to plan your attacks (Letter, then number).
    Another way to make it easier is to post what monster you hit e.g. Melee Basic attack on Grunt(F5)

Features:

Lockers: Each floor contains dozens of metal lockers, used by merchants and noblemen to store valuables, or to leave for others to pick up. Jumping or climbing to the top of one is a DC 10 Athletics or Acrobatics check. They are made of reinforced iron (Break DC 30; Open Lock DC 30) and are magically trapped with a single Level 10 Shocking Blast trap (+13 vs. Reflex; Close Burst 2; 3d8+5 damage; Miss Half damage; Thievery DC 30 to disarm; Torrent explained this to you during your trip to the depository- To prevent anyone from looting the place). Owners of the locker can bypass the trap with a password.

Walls and Ceiling: The walls are masonry (Climb DC 20) and the ceilings are 20 feet high with the stone ramps circling around the interior wall.

Balcony Doors: All the doors are strong wood (Break DC 20) and partially open. There are four on each floor except the first and they are all currently unlocked. Each one leads to a circular balcony. Any person exiting to a balcony without an internal guard present will trigger an alarm (currently off).

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Areneth, Titania, Dorn and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and friends???)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "The gnome was actually an elven assassin in disguise." Areneth says as he moves across the room to take up a position behind Torrent. "He's trying to escape upstairs, and there are more enemies up there."
    Move Action:
    Move to E10

Move Action:
    Move to F11

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Titania, Dorn and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and friends???)[/COLOR

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Glancing at Torrent, Summer responded, "That elf almost killed Traorin!" She then ran to take up a position behind the lockers, watching the stairwell for anyone coming from above.

Move: Run to H10, grants CA.
    Standard: Equip Shield
    Minor: Equip Sword

[ Up Next: Titania, Dorn][ On Deck: The elf (and friends???)]

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nodding up the stairs, Dorn murmurs to Titania, "We should probably follow, we can try to override the control panel up there first," he glances around at the now empty first floor, "it's better not to split up, I think." So saying, an amiable smile gradually settles back onto the half-orc's face as he climbs the stairs and walks over to the lockers near Swain. He settles easily on his haunches and surveys the room, eyeing the control panel near Torrent.
    Movement: Move to C7 (second floor)
    Standard: Move to E8

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Titania[/COLORCOLOR="Red"]On Deck: Elf (and friends?)[/COLOR

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Titania watches Dorn head up the stairs then looks sorrowfully at her longsword before mumbling "This is so not going to end well."

With a resigned sigh she slips her rod through a loop in her belt and draws her longsword before heading up the stairs.
    Minor Action: Stow rod
    Minor Action: Draw longsword
    Move Action: Move to C7 (second floor)

COLOR="Red"]Up Next: Elf (and friends?)[/COLORCOLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent [/COLOR

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    From below, you can hear the Elf's footsteps becoming fainter, as he makes it's way to the top floor. In addition, you hear strange humming sounds moving closer to the southern side of the tower...

Enemy Moves:
    Larion:
    Move Action: Move to ?? (Fourth Floor)

??? 1 & 2:

Stats:
    (Floor 2: F11) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 2: E8) Dorn HP 28/28
    (Floor 2: H10) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 2: G8) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 2: C7) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 2: H9) Traorin HP 31/33
    (Floor 4: ??) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    (Floor 2: G11) Torrent HP 26/30

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 3)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Dammit, he's getting away or he's up to something that will cause us serious problems in a moment. I'm going up everyone, stay behind me and stay alert." Traorin started climbing the stairs, weapons at the ready.
    Move Action: Move to L8
    Move Action: Move to F8 on third floor
    (I assume all the floors share similar grid layout?)

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Swain followed Traorin up the stairs, ready to back him up if anything happened.
    Move Action: Move to I11
    Move Action: Move to L9

COLOR="Cyan"]Up Next: Torrent (and Round 3)[/COLOR COLOR="Lime"]On Deck: The Squishies (and one Orc)[/COLOR

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Spy vs Spy! Round 3

As Traorin rushes forth towards the next floor, his eyes start to burn from the intense light apparently shining from all sides. What he could spot before closing his eyes momentarily was a strange lantern sized object hovering over the floor nearby. He could hear a voice inside of his head.

"You may not pass. This one will not harm you unless you seek to stop the Shahalesti and his mission."

Swain could, from his vantage point, spot two floating spheres of light floating around the room.

“What do you see, Master Swain?” Torrent shouts from below. Without waiting for an answer, she rushes past the stairs, hoping to catch anyone up there off-guard. Instead, once she spotted the floating creatures, she quickly takes cover behind some lockers.

“Oh damn! Solons! Be careful!” she shouts out.

Torrent:
    Move Action: Double move to J4

Map (Round 3):
    Second Floor:
    DepFloor2Round3.jpg

Third Floor:
    DepFloor3Round3.jpg

Initiative:
    Areneth Thalant 26
    Summer Storm 19
    Titania Shaylee 19
    Dorn Kir 17
    Wisp Solons 15 average
    Swain C. Angevin 11
    Traorin Xinskarr 5
    Torrent 4

Stats:
    (Floor 2: F11) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 2: E8) Dorn HP 28/28
    (Floor 2: H10) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 3: K9) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 2: C7) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 3: F8) Traorin HP 31/33
    (Floor 3: F3) Wisp Solon #1 HP 54/54
    (Floor 3: F9) Wisp Solon #2 HP 54/54
    (Floor 4: ??) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    (Floor 3: J4) Torrent HP 26/30

Monster Details:
    Special:

WispSolon.png Wisp Solon: HP 54/54 AC 18; Fort 15, Reflex 16, Will 17, Speed: Fly 8 (hover), Teleport 10; Vision: Darkvision; Immune: Disease, Poison, Fire; Resist: 10 necrotic
    Special:
    Tongues:
    The wisp solon can speak with any creature that has a language.

Righteous Glory (Radiant; aura 3):
    Enemies in the aura take a –2 penalty to attack rolls and a –2 to all defenses. Auras with the same name and effect don’t stack

Special:
    Power Melee:

Features:

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "Solons?" Summer quickly moved up the stairs to see. "But they usually strive for peace..." she muttered. "Why are you helping the elf? We're trying to stop this war, to bring peace, and he was attempting to trick us and almost killed the dragonborn there with no provocation! Has he tricked you as well?"
    Move: To L8
    Standard: Move to H9 (3rd)
    Minor: Talk

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The solon closest to Summer recognizes that it is being spoken to, and answers in an otherworldly voice once more.

"This one is loyal to the Shahalesti, and those whom oppose his mission are enemies of all Shahalesti. My master does what is good for the many. You come searching for a Gnome in service to Ragesia. You therefore serve Ragesia, and are my master's enemies. Stand down!"

The solon goes silent once more.

TiamatZ on