As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky Act 1: The Scouring of Gate Pass (IC)

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "We don't support the Ragesians, we're trying to save Gate Pass from them! The Shahalesti want this war to happen so they can use it as an excuse to invade Gate Pass and then Ragesia. Where's the peace in that?! The gnome was going to betray his Ragesian masters in order to prevent this!"

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Titania rushes across the room and up the next flight of stairs, slowing near the top as she takes in some of the conversation above.

"Exactly what pray tell is this impostor doing in the service of Shahalesti?" She commands of the creatures. "I assure you we do not oppose him or his mission, we don't even know what it is. I serve her Highness, princess Shalosha and would know what proof you have that this one you serve is loyal to Shahalesti. We came here in search of the gnome so that we could acquire information to be used against Ragesia and he attacked us without provocation, to me it appears as though it is the one you serve who is loyal to Ragesia, not us. Now please, stand down. I assure you, we mean neither you, nor your friend any harm. We seek only information." Titania sheaths her sword and nods to her companions to give the creatures a chance to explain.
    Move action: Run to J11
    Move action: move to K6 (next floor)
    Minor action: Sheath longsword

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Areneth and Dorn[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and friends???)[/COLOR

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Areneth follows the Eladrin up the stairs, moving along the outer wall towards the next staircase, stopping just short of the radiant field being projected by one of the solons. They didn't have much time if they wanted to catch the would-be assassin, and his escape meant possibly losing Rivereye, the information they were supposed to be collecting, and possibly a way out of the city; all things Areneth would rather keep from happening, if possible.

Listening to the Eladrin's words, Areneth relaxed his pose and placed his crystal orb back into his pocket, trying to appear as non-threatening as possible, even putting on a smile towards the direction that he supposed might be the solon's face.
    Double Move to J3 (third floor)

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Dorn[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and friends???)[/COLOR

Illianthar on
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dorn keeps the amiable half-smile on his face as he slowly climbs the stairs. With no weapons or armour in evidence, he might appear to be the picture of peacefulness. What's more, he allows his genuine desire to avoid conflict to radiate from him as he listens to the others' words. The monk takes up position at Torrent's flank, ready to defend the priestess if things go awry.
    Double Move to K5 (third floor)

COLOR="Red"]Up Next: Elf and solons[/COLORCOLOR="Lime"]On Deck: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR

Turanos on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "You claim not to be Ragesians, yet you arrive at the Depository the moment a Ragesian army invades? That is... suspiciously convenient. Nonetheless, the GNome is a servant of Ragesia, an enemy of Shahalesti." The solon nearly scoffs at Summer's remark.

"As for our master to be an impostor? Impossible! He has served Shahalesti time and time again. If he had attacked you, it was only in self defense. As for your claim to know the nobility..."

The creature blinks once or twice, changing color at every blink. Titania could sense her thoughts probed.

"This one... senses you are speaking the truth, royal servant. Yet at the same time, I cannot stand down. Though my allegiance is to all of Shahalesti., my current loyalty remains to my master... and his mistress. My master's orders come from high up in the nobility, perhaps even from the Royal Court itself. And like now, I did not sense any lies coming from him. I am at an impasse. I cannot harm you, and yet, cannot support you, as I sense that one of your followers is a Ragesian."

The solons remains silent for a few moments.

"Our master's mission is important. However, this one does not want to actively harm you. This one needs to know more on what to do. Perhaps this one needs to warn the mistress of these turn of events..."

And with that, the solon disappear from view...

The remaining Solon ignores his compatriot's suggestion, remaining loyal to his master, and shoots a lustrous light towards the Dragonborn. The light hits, searing the Dragonborn's skin, as well as causing him to feel a little bit tipsy...

Meanwhile, from above, the heroes could hear the elf's footsteps moving about...

Enemy Moves:
    WispSolon 2:
    Move Action: Teleports out of the tower.

Wisp Solon 1:
    Standard Action: Lustrous Gaze against Traorin.
    Lustrous Gaze (std; at-will) * Radiant
    Ranged 10; +8 vs. Will; 1d6+4 radiant damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
    Attack Roll: 28 vs Will CRITICAL HIT!
    Damage Roll: 10 radiant damage, and Traoirin is dazed (save ends)

Larion:
    Move Action: Move to ???

Stats:
    (Floor 3: J3) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 3: K5) Dorn HP 28/28
    (Floor 3: H9) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 3: K9) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 3: K6) Titania HP 18/24
    -5 to attack rolls (until start of her next turn)
    Grants CA (until start of her next turn)
    (Floor 3: F8) Traorin HP 21/33
    Dazed (save ends)
    (Floor 3: F3) Wisp Solon #1 HP 54/54
    (Out of the tower) Wisp Solon #2 Gone!
    (Floor 4: ??) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    (Floor 3: J4) Torrent HP 26/30

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 3)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    After being hit by the beam of pure light Traorin staggers about a bit. His eyesight is hazy and the light being emitted isn't helping him focus at all. He violently shakes his head, but he just can't ssem to lift the fog from his mind.

He has finally had it now, he had a tavern fall on his head, he was thrown about in a crowd of hysterical people, a scheming elf had knifed him for what now seemed to be no good reason, and now he was being attacked by a ball of self-righteous . . . light! The rage had been steadily building up to this point, the spirit of the storm, with which he had communed with in the mountains of his home since childhood, encouraged him to let loose its full fury to destroy his attacker. Traorin was oblidged to do so.

With a mighty roar, Traorin let the spirit of the storm run free within his body. His form grew an entire foot taller, his muscles bulged, lightning seemed to spark and eminate in the space between his azure scales, and a black substance akin to storm clouds exhaled from his nostrils and from his very pores. Traorin was the storm now and the wisps and that damn elf would surely feel his wrath. Only death would save them now. With a final mighty roar that sounded like a great clap of thunder, Traorin made himself ready to fight.
    Font of Life save: Warden ability, allows me to make a save to end daze at the beginning AND at the end of my turn= 3, dangit.
    Minor Action: Assume Form of Mountain's Thunder (daily)- gain resist 3 to all damage and +1 to AC, once per round a marked enemy I hit while in this form suffers thunder damage equal to my strength mod.
    Last save against daze= 15

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Bp1580Bp1580 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Swain froze when he heard Titania speak, never having actually seen a Shahalesti spy before. The high elf was on their side, of course, but still...he would have words with her lat-"what the hell was that?!? "

It sounded like a wyvern hit the tower! He ran upstairs, only to find something that almost looked like Traorin staring down the little ball of light. Thinking quickly, he shielded his eyes and climbed on top of a locker next to Torrent. "Go around behind it while it focuses on us. Even balls of light can still be flanked." he said, taking off his hat and tossing it to monster across the room. The farther that symbol of Ragesian oppression was from his head, the better...at least for the duration of the battle, anyway. He wanted it back once the elf was under control.
    Move Action: Move to J5
    Athletics check: 1d20+9 → [18,9] = (27)

Free Action: Toss hat to Traorin.

COLOR="Cyan"]Up Next: Torrent (and Round 3)[/COLOR COLOR="Lime"]On Deck: Titania, Summer, Dorn, and one Lazy Assistant[/COLOR

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Spy vs Spy! Round 4

Torrent listens in on Swain's proposed plan.

"Aye then, Let me help you out Traorin! You sneak it from behind. The rest, offer some ranged assistance!"

She rushes past the Drow psion, and comes face to face with the floating ball of light. She tries swinging her weapon at the radiating sphere, but unfortunately misses.

Torrent:
    Move Action: Move to G2
    Torrent takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -2 penalty to defenses.
    Standard Action: BattleAxe against Wisp Solon
    Battleaxe (std; at-will) * Weapon
    +6 (+4 due to aura) vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage.
    Attack Roll: 13 vs AC MISS!

Map (Round 4):
    Third Floor:
    DepFloor3Round4.jpg

Initiative:
    Areneth Thalant 26
    Summer Storm 19
    Titania Shaylee 19
    Dorn Kir 17
    Larion, Elf Spy(Elite) 16
    Wisp Solons 15 average
    Swain C. Angevin 11
    Traorin Xinskarr 5
    Torrent 4

Here's how it goes: Allies/enemies take turns out of order in a group/block.

Stats:
    (Floor 3: J3) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 3: K5) Dorn HP 28/28
    (Floor 3: H9) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 3: J5) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 3: K6) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 3: F7) Traorin HP 21/33
    Form of Mountain’s Thunder (Resist 3 all, +1 AC, once per round a marked enemy he hits while in this form suffers thunder damage equal to his strength mod )
    (Floor 3: F3) Wisp Solon #1 HP 54/54
    (Floor 4: ??) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    (Floor 3: G2) Torrent HP 26/30

Monster Details:
    LarionElite.png Larion, Elf Spy (Elite): HP 102/102 AC 18; Fort 16, Reflex 17, Will 14, Speed 7; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Sneak Attack (free; once per round):
    Once per round, Larion can add +2d6 damage to a damage roll if he has combat advantage against the target.

Elven Accuracy (Encounter; Free):
    An elf can reroll an attack roll. It must use the second roll, even if it’s lower.

Wild Step::
    You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).

WispSolon.png Wisp Solon: HP 54/54 AC 18; Fort 15, Reflex 16, Will 17, Speed: Fly 8 (hover), Teleport 10; Vision: Darkvision; Immune: Disease, Poison, Fire; Resist: 10 necrotic
    Special:
    Tongues:
    The wisp solon can speak with any creature that has a language.

Righteous Glory (Radiant; aura 3):
    Enemies in the aura take a –2 penalty to attack rolls and a –2 to all defenses. Auras with the same name and effect don’t stack

TorrentNPC.png Torrent (NPC): HP 30/30 AC 18; Fort 14, Reflex 12, Will 15, Speed 5; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Power Melee:
    On any melee weapon attack, Torrent may take a –2 attack penalty and add +3 damage.

I posted the coordinates of everyone as well, making it easier to plan your attacks (Letter, then number).
    Another way to make it easier is to post what monster you hit e.g. Melee Basic attack on Grunt(F5)

Features:
    Illumination: Normal Light

Lockers: Each floor contains dozens of metal lockers, used by merchants and noblemen to store valuables, or to leave for others to pick up. Jumping or climbing to the top of one is a DC 10 Athletics or Acrobatics check. They are made of reinforced iron (Break DC 30; Open Lock DC 30) and are magically trapped with a single Level 10 Shocking Blast trap (+13 vs. Reflex; Close Burst 2; 3d8+5 damage; Miss Half damage; Thievery DC 30 to disarm; Torrent explained this to you during your trip to the depository- To prevent anyone from looting the place). Owners of the locker can bypass the trap with a password.

Walls and Ceiling: The walls are masonry (Climb DC 20) and the ceilings are 20 feet high with the stone ramps circling around the interior wall.

Balcony Doors: All the doors are strong wood (Break DC 20) and partially open. There are four on each floor except the first and they are all currently unlocked. Each one leads to a circular balcony. Any person exiting to a balcony without an internal guard present will trigger an alarm (currently off).

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Areneth, Titania, Dorn and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and solon)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The color drained out of Areneth's face when he heard Titania's comments about being a servant of Shahalesti nobility. He quickly calmed himself, rationalizing that the Eladrin couldn't possibly know of him specifically. Still, he would have to keep a close eye on her, and that gave him even more reason to put some serious distance between himself and Gate Pass.

Swain's shout brought Areneth back to his senses, and he began to form a thought in his mind that would wrack the Solon's form. Taking the orb from his pocket, he thought back to the farm outside of Gate Pass, thought back to the brigands that took his second family from him, and the rage began to swell inside him. He briefly allowed it to consume him, closing his eyes and remembering the pain he felt that fateful day. Then he bent the rage to his superior will, driving the emotion down and through the orb, lashing out at the solon with telepathic force.

In an instant, the Solon disappeared, then reappeared in a burst of flame in the center of the room, near the Dragonborn. Exhaling deeply, and then catching his breath, Areneth looked to the stairs and remembered the quarry that they were pursuing. He quickly ran up the stairs so he could get a look at the next floor, shouting to the others,

"We can't let the would-be assassin escape! We need to either deal with the Solon quickly, or split up and keep up our pursuit!"

Minor Action:
    - Draw +1 Crystal Orb

Standard Action:
    - Dimensional Scramble, centered on F4

- To Hit:
    * Solon (F3) – 1d20+4 vs. Fort= 22 HIT!

- Damage/Effects:
    * Solon (F3) – Teleported to G6, takes 8 damage, but no fire from teleporting, since he's immune.

Move Action:
    - Run to C6

Notes:
    - -5 to Attacks until the start of my next turn
    - Grant CA until the start of my next turn
    - Solon is at 46/54, and now in G6

COLOR="Lime"][B]Up Next: Titania, Dorn, Summer[/COLOR COLOR="Red"]On Deck: The elf (and solon)[/COLOR[/B]

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Confused about this Shahalesti business and the disappearance of one of the wisps, Dorn hesitates to attack, "This solon is not our enemy, it is just the unwitting pawn of the one upstairs!" Taking note of Areneth's suggestion that the greater threat is currently making its escape, the monk nods resolutely and runs past the others. With the solon teleported out of the way, he's able to bound up the stairs, bursting onto the fourth floor in pursuit of the elf.
    Movement: Move to E3
    Standard: Move to E8 (fourth floor)

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Titania and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"]On Deck: The elf (and solon)[/COLOR

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "We were putting up our weapons and still you attack? Your Shahalesti mistress has obviously corrupted you more than your companion. You've left us no choice!" Summer moved around to be opposite the Solon and cut her sword through the ball of light with no noticeable effect. "Careful everyone, these creatures are more dangerous when hurt or dying than they are living! Close your eyes if you can when it's hurt!"
    Move: H5
    Standard: MBA on Solon - MBA vs 18 (1d20+6+2-2=11) - Miss
    COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Titania[/COLORCOLOR="Red"]On Deck: The elf (and solon)[/COLOR

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Keeping in mind the dangers of using her magic inside Titania skirts the battle with the solon and heads up stairs, trusting the raging dragonborn to finish it off.
    Standard action: Move to F2
    Move Action: Move to C8
    Coming up behind Dorn she sees the elf and shouts "Hold!" In a more calm voice she continues. "I am Titania Shaylee, a servant of Shahalesti. We came seeking information from a gnome to be used against Ragesia. Where is the gnome, who are you and why have you attacked us?"

COLOR="Red"]Up Next: The elf (and solon)[/COLORCOLOR="Lime"]On Deck: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The elf snorts, ignoring Titania's remark to royalty.

"Bah! You cannot fool me, traitor! You come here just as the Ragesians attack... that's almost too coincidental. The gnome's intelligence would prove valuable to the Shahalesti cause. If you are indeed with us, then you'd stand down. But since you are in league with this Ragesian..." the elf says, as he points towards the Half-Orc, "... it only proves your so-called allegiance to Shahalesti to be a sham!"

The elf wields a rapier in one hand, and brandishes a throwing dagger in the other. He tosses the dagger towards the Eladrin Warlock. It flies right past her, planting itself firmly in the wall. Disgusted by his terrible aim, he moves closer towards the monk instead, waving his rapier in quick succession around him.

"As for you, vile Ragesian... feel the pain of sharpened steel in your gullet!" he cries out, as he stabs Dorn in the ribs with his delicate (but quite sharp) weapon. He immediately reels the weapon away, standing in a defensive stance.

"Have at you, vile fiend! Tysti eir ti, shai!"

Elven (Titania, Areneth):
    "tysti eir ti, shai!" - roughly translated to "Come at me, bro!"

The solon, meanwhile, summons and swings a flaming whip towards the enraged Dragonborn. Fortunately, such was his rage that he merely shook off the whip's attack. The solon blinks away, and reappears next to Swain, not knowing his... Ragesian roots.

Enemy Moves:
    Wisp Solon 1:
    Standard Action: Flame Whip against Traorin.
    Flame Whip (std; at-will) * Fire
    Melee; +9 vs. AC; 1d6+4 fire damage.
    Attack Roll: 13 vs AC MISS!
    Move Action: Teleport to J4

Larion:
    Minor Action: Unsheathe Throwing Dagger
    Standard Action: Throwing Dagger against Titania.
    Throwing Dagger (std; at-will) * Weapon
    Thrown 5/10; +10 vs. AC; 1d4+4 damage
    Attack Roll: 15 vs AC MISS!
    Move Action: Shift to F8

Action Point: Standard Action: Guarding Blade against Dorn.
    Guarding Blade (std; enc) * Weapon
    +7 vs. AC; 2d8+2 damage, and Larion gains a +1 bonus to AC until the start of Larion’s next turn.
    Attack Roll: 22 vs AC HIT!
    Damage Roll: 13 damage, and Larion gains a +1 bonus to AC until the stat of his next turn

Stats:
    (Floor 4: C6) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 4: E8) Dorn HP 15/28
    (Floor 3: H5) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 4: C8) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 3: F7) Traorin HP 21/33
    Form of Mountain’s Thunder (Resist 3 all, +1 AC, once per round a marked enemy he hits while in this form suffers thunder damage equal to his strength mod )
    (Floor 3: J4) Wisp Solon #1 HP 46/54
    (Floor 4: F8) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    +1 to AC (SONT)
    (Floor 3: G2) Torrent HP 26/30

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 5)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Traorin kept his eyes on the Solon as it teleported around the room, he saw it move into a position possibly attempting to block the stairs or come up behind those who had already gone up. With a mighty roar that echoed thunder off the walls of the room Traorin gave chase and fixed his wrath upon his target. Drawing back his arm for a mighty swing of his battleaxe Traorin called upon the power of the earth to strike his foe. He could feel the energy rising up through his body out of the ground, healing injuries and burns from the fight as it travelled to his arm. He struck the Wisp a damaging, but glancing blow, not enough to take it out of the fight to be sure, but enough to let the thing know it had earned the Dragonborn's wrath. Almost as an after thought, lightning jumped from the Dragonborn's body, further damaging the Wisp. The Spirit of the Storm was doing its part to aid Traorin, he sent it his silent thanks for aiding him.
    Move Action: Move ot I4
    Free Action: Mark Wisp Solon 1
    Standard Action: Strength of Stone attack on Wisp Solon 1; 1d20+3=18 Hit!, Damage roll; 1d10+2 (+3 lightning damage equal to strength mod on marked target)=8 total

Traorin gains 3 temporary HP from Strength of Stone

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck:Torrent (and Round 5)[/COLOR

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Recoiling when the Solon teleported next to him, Swain regained his posture and a pointed his sword at the floating orb. "I will strike you down, misguided Solon, for the good of Gate Pass!" he yelled, waving his sword through the air rather theatrically. He eventually decided to strike, and (as Ioun might have it) missed spectacularly. His nearly sword flew out of his hand as he struck the ground, but he had decided He had planned to inspire the group to action, but instead he had made a fool of himself.

"Another failure for tactical thinking...perhaps if I attempt something idiotic I'll succeed? Worth a try, I guess." He pointed to Traorin, attempting to look surprised, "Oh no!" he said, feigning shock to the point of sarcasm, "that dragonborn has the hat of a Ragesian military officer! Stop him, quickly!"
    Standard Action: Warlord's Favor on J4

1d20+7 → [1,7] = (8)
    Missed!

Free Action: Talk
    Bluff check for pretending to be shocked: [6,2] = (8)
    Failed at seriousness, succeeded at sarcasm?

[Up Next: Torrent (and Round 5)]
    [On Deck: Titania, Dorn, Summer]

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Spy vs Spy! Round 5

Torrent flanks the bright light, and swings her axe towards the...thing.

Melora must have smiled upon her, for she managed to severely harm the little creature.

The solon starts to glow.

"Close your eyes, it's about to counterattack with a blinding light!" shouts Summer towards the others. All of them quickly close their eyes, as the solon starts flaring up in a righteous light.

Fortunately, Summer's warning managed to help them out...

Torrent:
    Move Action: Move to J3
    Torrent takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -2 penalty to defences, but flanks the Solon, gaining a +2 bonus to attack rolls (Combat Advantage)
    +6 vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage.
    Attack Roll: [URL=" http://4e.orokos.com/roll/38521 "]26[/URL] vs AC Critical Hit!
    Damage Roll: 13 damage!
    Free Action: Closes her eyes! Torrent is Blinded until Start of her next turn!
    Free Action: Traorin closes his eyes! He is Blinded until Start of his next turn![/COLOR]
    Free Action: Swain closes his eyes! He is Blinded until Start of his next turn![/COLOR]
    Free Action: Summer closes her eyes! She is Blinded until Start of her next turn![/COLOR]
    Immediate Interrupt: Blinding Flare against Summer, Swain, Traorin and Torrent
    Blinding Flare (imm int, when first bloodied and again when reduced to 0 hp) * Radiant
    Close Burst 5; targets enemies; blind creatures are immune; +6 vs. Fortitude; 3d6+4 radiant damage and the target is blinded (save ends)
    All targets have blinded themselves, so the attack is ineffective.

Map (Round 5):
    Third Floor:
    DepFloor3Round5.jpg

Fourth Floor:
    DepFloor4Round5.jpg

Initiative:
    Areneth Thalant 26
    Summer Storm 19
    Titania Shaylee 19
    Dorn Kir 17
    Wisp Solons 15 average
    Swain C. Angevin 11
    Traorin Xinskarr 5
    Torrent 4

Stats:
    (Floor 4: C6) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 4: E8) Dorn HP 15/28
    (Floor 3: H5) Summer HP 19/27
    BLINDED (Until SONT)
    BLINDED (Until SONT)
    (Floor 4: C8) Titania HP 18/24
    (Floor 3: I4) Traorin HP 21/33 +3 Temp HP
    BLINDED (Until SONT)
    (Floor 3: J4) Wisp Solon #1 HP 25/54 Bloodied!
    Marked by Traorin
    (Floor 4: F8) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 102/102
    +1 to AC (SONT)
    (Floor 3: J3) Torrent HP 26/30
    BLINDED (Until SONT)

Monster Details:
    LarionElite.png Larion, Elf Spy (Elite): HP 102/102 AC 18; Fort 16, Reflex 17, Will 14, Speed 7; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Once per round, Larion can add +2d6 damage to a damage roll if he has combat advantage against the target.

An elf can reroll an attack roll. It must use the second roll, even if it’s lower.

You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).

WispSolon.png Wisp Solon: HP 54/54 AC 18; Fort 15, Reflex 16, Will 17, Speed: Fly 8 (hover), Teleport 10; Vision: Darkvision; Immune: Disease, Poison, Fire; Resist: 10 necrotic
    Special:
    Tongues:

Enemies in the aura take a –2 penalty to attack rolls and a –2 to all defenses. Auras with the same name and effect don’t stack

TorrentNPC.png Torrent (NPC): HP 30/30 AC 18; Fort 14, Reflex 12, Will 15, Speed 5; Vision: Normal; Saving Throws: +2; Action Points: 1
    Special:
    Power Melee:
    On any melee weapon attack, Torrent may take a –2 attack penalty and add +3 damage.

I posted the coordinates of everyone as well, making it easier to plan your attacks (Letter, then number).
    Another way to make it easier is to post what monster you hit e.g. Melee Basic attack on Grunt(F5)

Features:

Lockers: Each floor contains dozens of metal lockers, used by merchants and noblemen to store valuables, or to leave for others to pick up. Jumping or climbing to the top of one is a DC 10 Athletics or Acrobatics check. They are made of reinforced iron (Break DC 30; Open Lock DC 30) and are magically trapped with a single Level 10 Shocking Blast trap (+13 vs. Reflex; Close Burst 2; 3d8+5 damage; Miss Half damage; Thievery DC 30 to disarm; Torrent explained this to you during your trip to the depository- To prevent anyone from looting the place). Owners of the locker can bypass the trap with a password.

Walls and Ceiling: The walls are masonry (Climb DC 20) and the ceilings are 20 feet high with the stone ramps circling around the interior wall.

Balcony Doors: All the doors are strong wood (Break DC 20) and partially open. There are four on each floor except the first and they are all currently unlocked. Each one leads to a circular balcony. Any person exiting to a balcony without an internal guard present will trigger an alarm (currently off).

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Areneth, Titania, Dorn and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and solon)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "You're a fool, elf," Areneth says coolly, "The Eladrin speaks the truth. If force is the only way to reason with you then force, as illogical as it is, will be the method of discourse."

With that, Areneth moves slightly up the stairs, to give himself more of a view of the action. Taking a deep breath, Areneth points a finger towards the Elf, and a purple aura appears around the opponent. The aura flickers briefly, then goes out, unable to take hold within the confines of the tower.

A look of frustration and anger passes over Areneth's usually calm face. Closing his eyes briefly, Areneth focuses all of his emotion down through the orb in his hand and out towards the mind of the assassin, forming a mental knife to slash at the very psyche. This attack too proves ineffective, and Areneth's anger mounts even further. He stammers slightly as he says, his voice raising to almost a yell,

"Aargh! This building must be dampening my abilities. We may have to resort to handling this in a more physical manner"

Move Action:
    Shift to C7

Minor Action:
    Darkfire on Larion: 1d20+7 vs. Reflex = 8, fucking 1

Standard Action:
    Mind Thrust on Larion: 1d20+5 vs. Reflex = [URL=" http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2973414/"]11[/URL]

Notes:
    - Areneth cannot use Cloud of Darkness in this encounter
    - Areneth sucks at using online die rollers…

COLOR="Lime"][B]Up Next: Titania, Dorn, Summer[/COLOR COLOR="Red"]On Deck: The elf (and solon)[/COLOR[/B]

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "I won't stand down as long as you continue to butcher my companions!" Titania says, dashing around some lockers to appear behind him, sword in hand. "Put away your own blade and I shall do the same."
    Move Action: Move to F6
    Minor Action: Draw longsword
    Standard Action: Move to G8 flanking with Dorn

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Angered by the Solon's silence and continued aggression, Summer circled around the melee and drove her sword into the "back" of the glowing ball.
    Move: K4 by way of L5
    Standard: MBA on wispy thing -
    MBA on Solon (1d20+6+2-2=26) = Crit! 10 damage.

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Dorn[/COLOR COLOR="Red"]On Deck: The elf (and solon)[/COLOR

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dorn grits his teeth against the pain of the elf's strike, his thoughts beginning to churn with the familiar rage. He attacks me now, of course, the half-orc rants internally, after harming my companions, turning those peaceful solons into our enemies and further endangering my home?! The monk's control shatters once more as he gives in to his animalistic side, flinging himself at the elf and battering him with fists, elbows, feet and knees. Dorn's opponent's attempts at defence are brushed away by the sheer fury of his assault, hammer blows landing one after another with barely a heartbeat between them.

Finally, as the elf reels from the pounding he has just taken, Dorn realises how wounded he actually was by the treacherous spy and rolls over a nearby locker. He jogs away the last of the adrenaline from his attack, choosing to guard a nearby door in case their foe attempts to make another getaway while he recuperates.
    Standard: Open the Gate of Battle Encounter Power vs Larion
    Attack Roll vs Ref: 1d20 + 5 + 2 (flank) = 27 CRITICAL HIT!
    Automatic Full Damage = 20 + 5 + 10 (full HP) = 35 damage
    Furious Assault Encounter Power: 1d8 = 5 extra damage
    Stone Fist Flurry of Blows: 3 + 3 = 6 extra damage
    Total Damage: 46 Larion HP: 56/102

Movement: Open the Gate of Battle Movement Technique (move speed + 2, no OA from first enemy moved away from): Move to G12

COLOR="Red"]Up Next: Larion & the solons (band name anyone?)[/COLORCOLOR="Lime"]On Deck: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sensing that it was surrounded, the Solon promptly disappears and reappears on the other side of the vast room. A white, soothing flame bursts around the flying light, restoring vital stamina to the radiant globe.

It shoots out another lustrous white beam, this time hitting and searing the Dragonborn's back. This caused Traorin to stagger once again, a strange feeling of nausea and vertigo flooding the blinded Dragonborn's mind.

Meanwhile, the elf reels from the brutal assault from the Half-Orc. Seeing that the Half-Orc was mysteriously gone, he turns around, hoping to escape.

Instead, he was blocked by the Eladrin traitor.

"Out of my way, traitor! The fate of Shahalesti rests with what's in that box. No way am I going to let you Ragesians stop us!"

The elf watches as Titania brandished a longsword.

"So, you want to fight me in melee? Trust me, that's a bad decision..." the elf replies, as he swings his rapier towards the Warlock. Fortunately, the elf's head was still reeling from the previous attack, so he wasn't focusing straight. His lunge misses the Eladrin by a wide margin.

Enemy Moves:
    Wisp Solon 1:
    Move Action: Teleport to E5
    Minor Action: Healing Flame on itself.
    Healing Flame (minor; encounter) * Healing
    Close Burst 5; the wisp solon or one ally in burst can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hp.
    Solon regains: 14 +4 hit points
    Ranged 10; +8 (+10 due to CA) vs. Will; 1d6+4 radiant damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
    Attack Roll: 30 vs Will CRITICAL HIT!
    Traorin takes (10-3) 7 radiant damage, and is dazed (save ends).

Larion:
    Standard Action: Rapier attack against Titania.
    Rapier (std; at-will) * Weapon
    +10 (+8 due to concealment) vs. AC; 1d8+2 damage.
    Attack Roll: 9 vs AC MISS!

Stats:
    (Floor 4: C7) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 4: G12) Dorn HP 15/28
    (Floor 3: K4) Summer HP 19/27
    BLINDED (Until SONT)
    (Floor 4: G8) Titania HP 18/24
    Concealment (EONT)
    (Floor 3: I4) Traorin HP 17/33 Bloodied!
    +1racial bonus to attack rolls (while bloodied)
    BLINDED (Until SONT)
    DAZED (Save Ends)
    (Floor 3: E5) Wisp Solon #1 HP 33/54
    Marked by Traorin
    (Floor 4: F8) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 56/102
    (Floor 3: J3) Torrent HP 26/30
    BLINDED (Until SONT)

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain and Traorin[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 6)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Traorin spat blood onto the floor, the Solon was doing damage little by little, and even in his enhanced form Traorin wasn't sure how much longer he could stay on his feet. The searing light burns and dazes him, fogging his vision, but the rage and power coursing through his body easily suppresses the effects of the Solon's attack. Traorin charges the Solon and launches a mighty strike at the wisp powered by the spirits of the earth, but his wounds slow the speed of his attack and the Solon easily dodges it. Pivoting on his foot however, Traorin spins into the near miss and launches another attack against the Solon, trying to take it by surprise on the backswing. His battleaxe darts out to damage the Solon, but alas, it too misses the glowing wisp of light. Traorin roars in frustration and the lightning dancing accross his scales brightens in intensity for but a moment to echo his passionate cry.
    Font of Life save: 1d20=18 Success!
    Move Action: move to E4
    Standard Action: Strength of Stone Attack on the Solon: 1d20+3+1(racial)=6
    Miss!

Action Point!

Standard Action: Basic Melee attack w/battleaxe: 1d20+4+1(racial)=7 Miss!

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 6)[/COLOR

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Swain scanned the room, looking for where the Solon had teleported to. After a few seconds he spotted the floating ball of light. "There you are!" he though to himself. He saw Traorin moving in for the kill, but his wounds weighed down his aim and he missed both his strikes. Swain then ran across the room to assist when he noticed the Solon was distracted, and Traorin had a clear shot. "Traorin! He's distracted!" The warden's axe came down hard at the solon, barely missing him and lodging itself in the floor. With ferocious strength, the dragonborn wrenched the weapon out of the small chasm it had created, readying himself to fight on.

The elf and his friend were really taking a toll on his party. He only hoped they could endure the pain until one of their targets had fallen. It would be a cakewalk from there...

Move Action: Move to F3
    Standard Action: Commander's Strike
    1d20+5 → [6,5] = (11)

Free Action: Surprise! It's talking!

COLOR="Cyan"]Up Next: Torrent (and Round 6)[/COLOR COLOR="Lime"]On Deck: The Pain Train[/COLOR

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Spy vs Spy! Round 6

Torrent makes her way back towards the insufferable floating light.

She swings her axe into the light, finding a mark and slightly damaging it.

“Damn it all! Why don’t they just... die?!” In her rage, she pulls out her holy symbol, and calls on Melora for a divine tide. The tide gushes forth, but the solon merely dodges it. She curses under her breath. “I thought for sure...”

The heroes on the floor suddenly heard strange clicking and whirring noises coming from the walls on all sides of the room...

Torrent:
    Move Action: Move to F5
    Torrent takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -2 penalty to defences
    +6 (+4 due to aura) vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage.
    Attack Roll: 23 vs AC Hit!
    Damage Roll: 4 damage!

Action Point: Standard Action: BattleAxe against Wisp Solon
    Crashing Wave (std; enc) * Divine, Weapon
    +8 vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage, and the target is dazed until the end of Torrent’s next turn.
    Attack Roll: 11 vs AC Miss!

The trap triggers!
    Trap Initiative: 16

Map (Round 6):
    Third Floor:
    DepFloor3Round6.jpg

Fourth Floor:
    DepFloor4Round6.jpg

A big thanks for Illianther for so graciously hosting the images once Photobucket works

Initiative:
    Areneth Thalant 26
    Summer Storm 19
    Titania Shaylee 19
    Dorn Kir 17
    Lightning Generator (Trap) 16
    Wisp Solons 15 average
    Swain C. Angevin 11
    Traorin Xinskarr 5
    Torrent 4

Stats:
    (Floor 4: C7) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 4: G12) Dorn HP 15/28
    (Floor 3: K4) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 3: F4) Swain HP 21/24
    (Floor 4: G8) Titania HP 18/24
    Concealment (EONT)
    (Floor 3: E4) Traorin HP 17/33 Bloodied!
    +1racial bonus to attack rolls (while bloodied)
    (Floor 3: E5) Wisp Solon #1 HP 29/54
    (Floor 4: F8) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 56/102
    (Floor 3: F5) Torrent HP 26/30

Monster Details:
    Special:

Special:
    Tongues:

Special:
    Power Melee:

Features:

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Areneth, Titania, Dorn and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and solon), and the lightning trap on floor 3![/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "Why did you set off the trap?!" Summer shouted as she moved up adjacent to Torrent. Getting even angrier at the situation, she swung at the Solon while emitting a glow to rival its own. As her blow connected with... something... in the glowing sphere, the light expanded to cover everyone in the room before finally coalescing on Traorin then fading away.
    Move: F6
    Standard: Sun Burst on Solon -
    Sun Burst vs. Solon (1d20+8-2=18) - Hit! Sun Burst Damage (1d8+4=8)
    Sun Burst Effect: Allies on Floor 3 get 5 temp HP
    Minor: Healing Word on Traorin - Healing Word (1d6+4=9) + his surge value. Consumes a surge.

[ Up Next: Areneth, Titania, Dorn ][ On Deck: The elf (and solon), and the lightning trap on floor 3!]

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Now that his rage has been vented somewhat, Dorn waits rather sheepishly over by the door, hoping that cooler heads will prevail and the others will succeed in their attempts at reasoning with the elf. He eyes the control panel near the stairs, remembering that he'd have to disable the system somehow if the party was to be fully effective. Just in case the spy isn't prepared to calm down.
    Delaying turn until after the two intending diplomacy have tried it.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "We're on the same side you fool!" Titania shouts at the elf. Calming herself she continues. "There should be no reason why we both can't take a copy of the intelligence. If you're truly in the service of Shahalesti then I have no desire to harm you. So I make you an offer. As a sign of good faith, I'll surrender and serve as your hostage. In return you'll stop attacking my companions and allow us to open the box. We'll share whatever military intelligence Rivereye managed to acquire and then we can both go our separate ways. Alive."
    Diplomacy Check: 1d20+9+2(aid another) = 17
    Insight Check (I'll only surrender to him if I'm sure he's not going to just kill me.): 1d20+4 = 11
    Ready Action: First hint of him attacking me and I teleport out of there with fey step, regardless of the anti-magic trap.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Titania:
    Diplomacy Check: Failed
    Your speech failed to persuade the elf.

Insight Check: Failed
    Passive Insight kicks in: Success
    This elf is not going to back down! Either you kill him, or you restrain him!

The elf spits into your direction.

"Do you take me for a fool?! We can't even open the box! That's why I stayed behind! While the others took it back to base, I was to make sure the gnome's contacts were to blather out the code phrase while disguised, allowing us a way to open the box. Then, if they were Ragesian spies, kill them in the process! I mean, Ragesians are nothing short of animals, anyway! Not as superior as us Fey! Besides, if what the gnome said was true, then it would take months to decode and copy those notes, or whatever is inside. I won't risk that chance!"

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Areneth takes a step forward and leans idly against the row of lockers. "You should take stock of your situation, elf, and think about the prudent course of action. You're outnumbered, injured, and cut off from your exit. Now is the time for negotiation. Stand your Solon down and allow us to talk. Then, should you feel our words don't ring true, you can continue on your path of self-destruction."

Hearing the elf's response to Titania, Areneth shakes his head solemnly. "You're choosing to die. You serve no purpose in that endeavor, but I suppose we have to honor your wishes..."
    Standard Action: Diplomacy Check (Aid Another): 22
    - Titania can add 2 to her roll.

Move Action: Shift to D7

Minor Action: Draw Dagger

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Dorn[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and solon), and the lightning trap on floor 3![/COLOR

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The elf nearly laughs at the Drow's remark regarding exits, not even bothering to look and face him.

"Unfortunately for you, while I was waiting for you lot, I took stock in my exits and the tower itself. And unless you're blind, you'd notice there's a door right behind me, and another one to my left, so I have four exits to make my get-away. After all, did you really think we came in the front door, like everybody else did? Besides, I'd rather die a free man in service to Shahalesti, than live as a Ragesian dog!" he says, as a cocky grin forms on his face.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The monk's heart almost visibly sinks as he watches the pleas for reason fall on deaf ears. For a moment his shoulders slump and he breathes a long, tired sigh. Yet, as Dorn raises his head once more his eyes are filled with determination and he centres his balance with no sign of tiring.

A heartbeat later, the half-orc steps onto the locker before him and gathers himself for barely a breath before launching himself powerfully into the air. He sails over the sets of lockers between him and his foe, slamming his entire weight into the blindsided elven spy. Both men crash into the lockers behind them, roughly pushing themselves apart with elbows and knees as they regain their feet, Dorn again warily holding the elf at bay between himself and Titania.
    Movement: Crane's Wings movement technique: jump towards E8. Athletics jump check (assumed running start, +5 power): 1d20 + 8 + 5 = 25 SUCCESS

Standard: Crane's Wings vs Larion
    Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 + 2 (flank) = 19 HIT
    Damage Roll: 1d10 + 5 = 12
    Flurry of Blows: 6 extra damage

Total Damage: 18 Larion's HP: 38/102 - Bloodied!

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The elf, practically knocked about all over the floor, spits blood and a tooth. He knew he was outclassed.

"Shit! Damn it all! I've got to get out of here! Solon, your Master commands you to aid me!"

Within the blink of an eye, the solon disappears and reappears on the fourth floor. It answers it's master's plea, zapping the Half-Orc from behind, causing Dorn to stagger forwards. This allowed the elf to swing it's rapier in a 180 degree arc. It missed Dorn, but just as the blade touched Titania's skin, she blinked out of existence, and reappeared on the other side of the room, cursing her luck as she tries to get rid of any ongoing embers on her skin and clothes from the accursed Burning Sky.

With the monk out of commission, the elf gave a wry smile, and moves towards one of the seemingly locked doors. "Well, it's been fun, but I've got more important things to do. You can keep the traitorous gnome! I'm out of here!"

With that, the elf gave a mocking bow to his audience, before kicking the door open, revealing the tower's balcony.

Enemy Moves:
    Wisp Solon 1:
    Move Action: Teleport to C9 (Floor 4)
    Ranged 10; +8 (+10 due to CA) vs. Will; 1d6+4 radiant damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
    Attack Roll: 17 vs Will HIT!
    Damage Roll: 17 radiant damage, and Dorn gains +5 temp HP, and is dazed (save ends)

Larion:
    Free Action: Shout out to Solon below!.
    Standard Action: Split Strike against Titania and Dorn.
    Split Strike (std; at-will) * Weapon
    Larion makes two rapier attacks but cannot make them against the same target.
    +10 vs. AC; 1d8+2 damage.
    Attack Roll (Dorn): 16 vs AC MISS!
    Attack Roll (Titania): 24 vs AC HIT!
    Immediate Reaction: (Readied Action): Titania Fey Steps out of there, teleporting to L8, and taking 5 fire damage due to the Burning Sky effect.
    Move Action: Move to L5, opening the door in the process (Free; he rigged them to open from the inside, should he need to make a getaway)

Stats:
    (Floor 4: D7) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 4: E8) Dorn HP 6/28 +5 Temp HP Bloodied!
    Dazed (save ends)
    (Floor 3: F6) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 3: F4) Swain HP 21/24 +5 Temp HP
    (Floor 4: L8) Titania HP 13/24
    (Floor 3: E4) Traorin HP 33/33 +5 Temp HP
    (Floor 4: C9) Wisp Solon #1 HP 21/54
    (Floor 4: L5) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 38/102
    (Floor 3: F5) Torrent HP 26/30 +5 Temp HP

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain, Titania (her initiative resets due to Readied action) and Traorin[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 7)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Traorin heard the elf shouting upstairs, and with the sudden disapperance of the Solon, he was able to put two and two together. Traorin bounds up the stairs, quickly finding the Solon, and launching a punishing strike against the creature. The Solon seemed to have had ample time to study Traorin's method of fighting however and once again dodged the Dragonborn's attack. Traorin knew he wouldn't be able to keep fighting the way he was, but at least he could try to keep the Solon's attention fixed on him while the others dealt with the elf. Traorin roared at the wisp, hoping to keep it focused upon him and not on his comrads.
    Move Action: Move to D8 (4th floor)
    Standard Action: Tempest Assault on Solon: 1d20+3=9 Miss!
    Minor Action: Intimidation roll on Solon: 1d20+7=17

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Swain ran up the stairs, not about to let the solon get away. He jumped at it and struck, but it was pointless; his blade went right though it. "Is it even possible to hit these things???" he thought, "They don't even have a body!"
    Move action: Move to C7 (fourth floor)

Standard Action: Calculated Assault on Solon:

1d20+7 → [10,7] = (17)

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Titania (her initiative resets due to Readied action)[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 7)[/COLOR

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Spy vs Spy! Round 7

Torrent doesn't answer Summer's question, as she merely watches the Dragonborn Barbarian and the (former) Ragesian Warlord rushing up the staircase. She just smiles and nods to the Shifter, before following behind them.

She spots the Solon being surrounded by her allies. Unfortunately, their attacks seem to be missing their mark, which angered the Cleric somewhat. With a prayer offered to Melora, Torrent rushes forward (nearly knocking Swain off his feet), raises her battle axe up high, and slams it into the solon. It must have worked, for the solon began screeching once more.

She looks for the elf. When she spots him, she points towards him.

"He's getting away! We cannot afford to lose him! Only he knows where Rivereye is! Stop him!"

Torrent:
    Move Action: Move to C5
    Standard Action: Charge against Wisp Solon (to C8)
    Torrent takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -2 penalty to defenses
    +7 (+5 due to aura) vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage.
    Attack Roll: 25 vs AC CRITICAL HIT!
    Damage Roll: 13 damage!

Map (Round 7):
    Third Floor:
    DepFloor3Round7.jpg

Fourth Floor:
    DepFloor4Round7.jpg

A big thanks for Illianther for so graciously hosting the images once Photobucket works

Initiative:
    Areneth Thalant 26
    Summer Storm 19
    Dorn Kir 17
    Lightning Generator (Trap) 16
    Wisp Solons 15 average
    Swain C. Angevin 11
    Titania Shaylee Delayed
    Traorin Xinskarr 5
    Torrent 4

Stats:
    (Floor 4: D7) Araneth HP 21/25
    (Floor 4: E8) Dorn HP 6/28 +5 Temp HP Bloodied!
    Dazed (save ends)
    (Floor 3: F6) Summer HP 19/27
    (Floor 4: C7) Swain HP 21/24 +5 Temp HP
    (Floor 4: D8) Traorin HP 33/33 +5 Temp HP
    (Floor 4: C9) Wisp Solon #1 HP 8/54 Bloodied!
    (Floor 4: L5) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 38/102 Bloodied!
    (Floor 3: C8) Torrent HP 26/30 +5 Temp HP

Monster Details:
    Special:

Special:
    Tongues:

Special:
    Power Melee:

Features:

COLOR="Lime"] Up Next: Areneth, Dorn and Summer[/COLORCOLOR="Red"] On Deck: The elf (and solon), and the lightning trap on floor 3![/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Seeing the Solon disappear and the rest of the party run upstairs, Summer followed suit only to be blocked my the mass of bodies at the top of the flight. Realizing she couldn't reach either of the two enemies, she instead concentrated on restoring Dorn back to fighting trim and apparently succeeded as his wounds began to knit back together.
    Move: D4
    Standard: Move - C6 (Floor 4)
    Minor: Healing Word on Dorn -
    HW on Dorn (1d6+4=10) - Dorn gains surge value + 10 hp, loses a surge.

[ Up Next: Areneth and Dorn]COLOR="Red"]On Deck: The elf (and solon), and the lightning trap on floor 3![/COLOR

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Shielding his eyes against the radiance of the Solon, Areneth spies the fleeing elf. Resolved to not let the would-be assassin out of his sight, Areneth moves along the edge of the room against another row of lockers, then focuses his mind on freezing the elf in place. Though not completely successful, the power of Areneth's will still tangles the elf in a psychic morass.

Smirking slightly, Areneth then channels his focus into flinging Larion across the room towards the rest of the group. The elf slides along the ground, leaping up and over a set of lockers near Titania, then moving all the way across the room to careen into the Solon. After the impact, the elf falls to the floor, visibly shaken by the experience, but otherwise unharmed.

"Not so fast, my new friend," he says, mockingly, "I don't believe we've finished our conversation."
    Move Action: Move to G4

Standard Action: Living Missile on Larion: 1d20+4 vs. Fort (16) = 5 Miss
    Larion is slowed (save ends)

Minor Action - Secondary Attack:
    Since Larion is slowed by Living Missile, I slide him 10 squares to D9. Acrobatics check to get over the locker in the way is [URL=" http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2986963/"]11[/URL]

Secondary Target: Solon - 1d20+4 vs. Ref (16) = [URL=" http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2986976/"]7[/URL] Miss!
    On a miss, Solon takes ½ damage ([URL=" http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2986995/"]11[/URL] / 2 = 5 damage taken), and Larion is knocked prone

Notes:
    -Larion is prone, and slowed (save ends) in square D9
    -Solon is at 3/54

[ Up Next: Dorn ] [ On Deck: Larion and the Solon (and the lightning trap on Floor 3) ]

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dorn is barely able to feel the jolt of healing energy that runs through him as Summer's healing word refreshes his battered body, so confused and disoriented is he by the solon's attack. He stumbles backwards towards Traorin, spinning around the dragonborn by pure instinct only to fall over as his foot catches the elf, suddenly occupying the floor beside him. The entire weight of the half-orc lands squarely on the spy's midsection, driving the air out of him in a painful wheeze.

"What the... where did he-" Dorn struggles to form sentences or even coherent thoughts as he rights himself, trying desperately to stay on his feet as he sways backwards into Torrent. The priestess cannot catch him and is forced to push him roughly off her and towards the solon that caused all the trouble. His head ringing, the monk squeezes his eyes shut before he realises his destination and does not notice that he is falling again until it's too late, only managing to slam his arms out to protect his head. Dorn is only more confused then by a sudden bright flash of light behind his eyelids, blundering back into Traorin by way of standing on the elf's face and almost knocking them both over before finally tottering out of the way.
    Pre-Turn: Summer's Healing Word allows Dorn to regain 17 HP, bringing him to 23 and leaving him at 5 surges.

Standard: Spinning Leopard Maneuver - Dorn shifts through Traorin and Torrent, then back again all the way to G8. He attacks Larion and the solon as he becomes adjacent to them.
    Attack Roll vs Larion: 1d20+5=23 HIT
    Damage Roll vs Larion: 2d6+5=12
    Attack Roll vs solon: 1d20+5=21 HIT
    Damage Roll vs solon: 2d6+5=12
    Flurry of Blows vs Larion: 3 + 3 + 2 (triggered by solon attack) = 8 damage

At this point the solon dies and does its flash thing, Dorn blinds himself as a free action.

Save vs Dazed: 1d20=9 FAILURE

Results: Solon is dead!
    Larion has 18/102 HP.
    Dorn has 23/28 HP and is in G8.

COLOR="red"]Up Next: Larion and the lightning generator (this one sounds more like a Harry Potter book)[/COLORCOLOR="Lime"]On Deck: Swain, Titania and Traorin[/COLOR

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The solon explodes in a bright light, nearly illuminating every crack and crevice within the room. Those closest to the solon closed their eyes, hoping to avoid the searing blindness such a light offered.

When the light subsided, the solon was gone. Perhaps it disappeared, perhaps it returned back to its home plane. Perhaps it may even be dead. No one there knew.

Summer, meanwhile, hears a number of zaps crossing the floor behind her. She could only beath a sigh of relief, thankful that none of them were on that floor at that moment.

The elf stood up, clutching and holding his sprained midsection, and though he was spitting blood all over the floor, still held his rapier at arm’s length towards the attackers.

“I warn you! I’m not going down without a fight! We Feyfolk be damned before we give up to the likes of you!”

As though to emphasize his point, he swings his rapier in a wide arc in front of him, missing Torrent, though nicking quite a wound on the Dragonborn’s chest...

Enemy Moves:
    Wisp Solon 1:
    Free Action: Areneth closes his eyes! He is Blinded until Start of his next turn![/COLOR]
    Free Action: Dorn closes his eyes! He is Blinded until Start of his next turn![/COLOR]
    Free Action: Summer closes his eyes! He is Blinded until Start of his next turn![/COLOR]
    Free Action: Traorin closes his eyes! He is Blinded until Start of his next turn![/COLOR]
    Free Action: Swain closes his eyes! He is Blinded until Start of his next turn![/COLOR]
    Free Action: Torrent closes her eyes! She is Blinded until Start of her next turn![/COLOR]
    Immediate Interrupt: Blinding Flare against Areneth, Dorn, Summer, Swain, Traorin and Torrent
    Blinding Flare (imm int, when first bloodied and again when reduced to 0 hp) * Radiant
    Close Burst 5; targets enemies; blind creatures are immune; +6 vs. Fortitude; 3d6+4 radiant damage and the target is blinded (save ends)
    All targets have blinded themselves, so the attack is ineffective.

Larion:
    Move Action: Stand up from prone
    Standard Action: Split Strike against Torrent and Traorin.
    Split Strike (std; at-will) * Weapon
    Larion makes two rapier attacks but cannot make them against the same target.
    +10 (+12 due to enemies granting CA) vs. AC; 1d8+2 damage.
    Attack Roll (Torrent): 17 vs AC MISS!
    Attack Roll (Traorin): 22 vs AC HIT!
    Damage Roll (Traorin): 8 damage

End of turn (Saving Throw): 17 Success!

Stats:
    (Floor 4: G4) Araneth HP 21/25
    Blind (Until SONT)
    (Floor 4: G8) Dorn HP 23/28 +5 Temp HP
    Dazed (save ends)
    Blind (Until SONT)
    (Floor 4: C6) Summer HP 19/27
    Blind (Until SONT)
    (Floor 4: C7) Swain HP 21/24 +5 Temp HP
    Blind (Until SONT)
    (Floor 4: D8) Traorin HP 30/33
    Blind (Until SONT)
    (Floor 4: C9) Wisp Solon #1 HP 0/54 Dead!
    (Floor 4: D9) Larion, Elf Spy (Elite) HP 18/102 Bloodied!
    (Floor 3: C8) Torrent HP 26/30 +5 Temp HP
    Blind (Until SONT)

COLOR="Lime"]Up Next: Swain, Titania and Traorin[/COLOR COLOR="Cyan"]On Deck: Torrent (and Round 8)[/COLOR

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Traorin turned toward the Elf, his eyes white with fury and his scales crackling with the power of the storm. He locked his gaze upon the source of his ire, burning the image of the elf past the veil of primal fury that was dominating his mind. When he spoke everyone in the room could hear the sound of thunder in his voice, giving it an almost elemental quality. "You have attacked us without provocation, kidnapped an intelligence asset of the Resistance, and all the while maintaining your weak facade of righteous indignation. I wouldn't accept your surrender if you begged me!" With that Traorin launched onto the offensive, using the power of the storm running through his body to power his strike, it was very apperent however that Larion was a master swordsman, and easily turned the charged strike to the side. It also seemed that Traorin's attempt to use the appearance of his supernatural fury to shake up the elf had only given him a further sense of determination to survive. But Traorin contented himself that the advantage of numbers was still on his group's side.
    Free action: Mark Larion
    Minor Action: Intimidate: 1d20+7=8 Critical Failure!
    Standard Action: Tempest Assault: 1d20+3=7 Miss!

Witch_Hunter_84 on