As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2011 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SmallLady wrote: »
    heels wrote: »
    FYI hotels are about 80% sold out at this point.

I'd assume this is "in the reserved blocks".

tek on
  • Options
    SirJohnBearSirJohnBear Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    whypick1 wrote: »

I'll try these out, thank you.

SirJohnBear on
  • Options
    Tom323Tom323 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, Im new on these forums.

I went to my first PAX last year, I only went for Friday, So I don't really know the layout of the convention center.

The reason I want a layout map of WSCC is because I heard about Halo Fest, and Im a fan of Halo, So I want to be there. I heard that it was on "Annex 3rd Floor", where is this?

I also want to see as much of PAX as I can, because it might be my last PAX ever.

If you have a WSCC layout map or know where one is, could you please send me one?

Thanks!!

Tom323 on
  • Options
    causaboncausabon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The convention center plans are readily available (main building, conference center), but this year's PAX layout and the exact spaces in use will not be finalized or published for months yet.

causabon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thank you!! I tried looking on the WSCC website for a layout, but I got confused and gave up.

But does anyone know where the "Annex 3rd Floor" is? Or is it just a conference room or something?

Thanks again!

Tom323 on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    Tom323 wrote: »
    Thank you!! I tried looking on the WSCC website for a layout, but I got confused and gave up.

But does anyone know where the "Annex 3rd Floor" is? Or is it just a conference room or something?

Thanks again!

There will be a detailed map of all the PAX events closer to PAX, posted on the main pax website. Until then, the layouts linked above are all anyone has.

I think the "Annex" is referring to the second link (the conference center) that is next to the main part of the WSCTC.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Maga PowerMaga Power Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    quick question for anyone in canada whos gone to pax before.
    they say they send out the pax passes 2 weeks before, but for people in canada who pay for the "fedex shipping for international orders", when do they usually get them?
    are we still getting them 10-14 days before pax usually?
    im just a little paranoid because I've had awful luck with international orders in the past and they end up taking like a month+ (though usually they're packages coming form over seas)

Maga Power on
  • Options
    eamonneamonn Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    A few days ago I bought some passes, and when I got the email I noticed a letter was missing from my street name (my laptop's keyboard sometimes has issues).
    I corrected it on the registration page and printed out the updated confirmation from the site, but never received an email to confirm the update.

When I log in to the ticket registration site my address looks correct, but I'm one of those people who likes to double check, especially considering I'm paying the international shipping as well, and don't want any issues coming up for me and my friend who's going with me.

Who should I be contacting to confirm? The site for registration doesn't seem to include a contact email/phone?

eamonn on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

Thanks again!

There will be a detailed map of all the PAX events closer to PAX, posted on the main pax website. Until then, the layouts linked above are all anyone has.

I think the "Annex" is referring to the second link (the conference center) that is next to the main part of the WSCTC.

Correct, Annex = Conference Center
    eamonn wrote: »
    A few days ago I bought some passes, and when I got the email I noticed a letter was missing from my street name (my laptop's keyboard sometimes has issues).
    I corrected it on the registration page and printed out the updated confirmation from the site, but never received an email to confirm the update.

When I log in to the ticket registration site my address looks correct, but I'm one of those people who likes to double check, especially considering I'm paying the international shipping as well, and don't want any issues coming up for me and my friend who's going with me.

Who should I be contacting to confirm? The site for registration doesn't seem to include a contact email/phone?

I'd email cglickstein@reedexpo.com and pax_questions@paxsite.com about this.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This here is the Annex on Google Street-view. If you rotate way to the right you can see the main entrance to the convention center. The two are directly connected by one passageway.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, Im new on these forums.

I went to my first PAX last year, I only went for Friday, So I don't really know the layout of the convention center.

The reason I want a layout map of WSCC is because I heard about Halo Fest, and Im a fan of Halo, So I want to be there. I heard that it was on "Annex 3rd Floor", where is this?

I also want to see as much of PAX as I can, because it might be my last PAX ever.

If you have a WSCC layout map or know where one is, could you please send me one?

Thanks!!

Hey, there is an app called The Conventionist which was a must have for pax east. It had a convention center layout as well as the weekend schedule. I'm pretty sure they will have a pax prime download and I can't think of a better option to suit your needs.

septagon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Where is "Halo Fest" being held? It says its in the "Annex 3rd Floor". Is this the so called "Hidden Level"? Or is it somewhere else?

Thanks!

Tom323 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Where is "Halo Fest" being held? It says its in the "Annex 3rd Floor". Is this the so called "Hidden Level"? Or is it somewhere else?

Thanks!

If you read the responses to your earlier posts, I think you'll find the information.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Wow I didn't even see the previous posts. I feel like an idiot. Thanks though!

Tom323 on
  • Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I don't remember but when does the google map go up so we can see where everyone is traveling from? Thank you.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    M88ESIrM88ESIr Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    More of an etiquette question here.

2008 was my first year for PAX Prime. A good friend of mine has gone with me every year to battle through the horde... eh... ehm... look at all the cool stuff. :P ;-)
    I was able to secure my Saturday pass, but he is unable to go this year, and Saturday passes sold out before I was able to talk to someone else about going. :(

So, I'm am keeping a watchful eye on the People with PAX Passes for Face Value (ONLY) thread.

What is the proper way to "buy" a pass that might come up for sale?
    Is it as simple as watching the thread, sending the potential seller a P.M., and hoping to be the first person to contact them?

Just want to address this correctly.
    Thanks. 8-)
    Nic.

M88ESIr on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    M88ESIr wrote: »

2008 was my first year for PAX Prime. A good friend of mine has gone with me every year to battle through the horde... eh... ehm... look at all the cool stuff. :P ;-)
    I was able to secure my Saturday pass, but he is unable to go this year, and Saturday passes sold out before I was able to talk to someone else about going. :(

So, I'm am keeping a watchful eye on the People with PAX Passes for Face Value (ONLY) thread.

Is it as simple as watching the thread, sending the potential seller a P.M., and hoping to be the first person to contact them?

Thanks. 8-)
    Nic.

That is correct. Once somebody posts in the thread, just email or PM them and hope for the best!

Good Luck!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    M88ESIr wrote: »

Thanks. 8-)
    Nic.

That is correct. Once somebody posts in the thread, just email or PM them and hope for the best!

Good Luck!

You can also subscribe to the thread to get notifications when someone posts therein.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    M88ESIrM88ESIr Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Thank you SmallLady and zerzhul.

Here's hoping I get lucky. ;-)

M88ESIr on
  • Options
    vilehelmvilehelm Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    I've looked for this so sorry if it's posted somewhere and I missed it.

Will Pax Prime be running a pro level Stracraft2 tournament like Pax East?

I just moved to Seattle a coupe of months ago and would be really interested in seeing this.

Thanks.

vilehelm on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Tourney info will probably be out beginning/mid-July. I can't guarantee SC2 will be one of the tourney games, but I'd be pretty shocked if it wasn't one.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    vilehelmvilehelm Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Ahh, thank you. I'll keep a look out.

vilehelm on
  • Options
    CastleRockCastleRock Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Maybe a dumb questions, but I promised I searched around a little.

Are enforcers still needed? If so, can someone let me know how to apply to be one?

CastleRock on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    CastleRock wrote: »

Are enforcers still needed? If so, can someone let me know how to apply to be one?

Indeed! The application is still up here: http://prime.paxsite.com/2011_PP_Enforcer.doc

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011

Indeed! The application is still up here: http://prime.paxsite.com/2011_PP_Enforcer.doc

Ah, this is exactly what I came here looking to find.

Thanks.

Can't afford an attendee badge this year, but thinking about Enforcing. It'll give me one more type of badge to add to my collection.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Also, is there a deadline to apply?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Geek wrote: »
    Also, is there a deadline to apply?

None has been announced yet, sorry! I would just apply sooner rather than later.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    ArfyArfy Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    So I was wondering if the Protomen would be at Prime this year? I'd really like another reason to go, and would love to see them in concert because I missed Prime last year, and am too far away to go to East. If this is the wrong place to ask, or if it shouldn't be a full thread, I am terribly sorry, as the servers seem to be really busy, and I just need my question asked. Thank you very much.

Arfy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    considering that one of the stickies says "ASK QUESTIONS HERE", yes this is in the wrong place.

The band lineup gets announced on the main PAX page, you'll find it there when it's ready.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sorry >.< I read it, but kind of blanked and didn't think my question would fit in the thread.

Arfy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    When will the music be announced?

Arfy on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arfy wrote: »

Likely not until early-mid July

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    anosakoanosako Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    edited May 2011

Thank you very much! I was looking for this as well :)

anosako on
  • Options
    VanusVanus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arfy wrote: »

Likely not until early-mid July

MC Frontalot seems to have his PAX '11 appearance on his website already... and it's at the Paramount! So, possibly the Paramount is the new site for the Main Theatre? Maybe?

Vanus on
  • Options
    RazorwiredRazorwired Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I recently got my girlfriend and her roommates into some tabletop gaming. How walk in friendly is the crowd at PAX? I'm fluent in several gaming systems and they're pretty good with D&D 3.5/4 and Shadowrun 4th. I was hoping we could meet a few people by just kind of wandering the tabletop areas and seeing if we could find a fun game here or there.

Razorwired on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In a word: very.

In more than 1 word: wander around tables, hit up the dedicated LFG area, talk to the vendors and exhibitors. You'll be sure to find something to scratch that paper/card/dice gaming itch.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    Kilo147Kilo147 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Holy crap, we got the Paramount? Do I want to work the concerts or sit down for them...

I never thought I would get a paid security position at PAX...

Screw it, turned in the Enforcer app. 7 is my lucky number, and it's been 7 years since I last enforced.

Kilo147 on
    enforceruserbarprime.png
    PAX '04
    PAX '11

Tango down, Kilo147 out.
  • Options
    SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I know several people who will be hunting for games. You after anything in particular, or just what you mentioned?

SwordMage on
    SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Enforcer isn't paid...

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]