As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Industry Thread: Rhymes are for Losers you Sales Thread Users.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    But really, everyone knows that there's going to be a 3rd game complementing B/W the only huge suprise is if it came out 1 year, rather than 2

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Weren't the latest rumors that the Not-PSP2 would use parts that are actually manufactured in the future and sent back through time, and require a Mr. Fusion to run?

Yeah, but since the PS3 is a time travel device Sony doesn't have to outsource that.

Algertman on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    Another Pokemon game?

Didn't they just release two?

Funny, I just YouTube'd an episode from Bits circa 1999 today where the girls binned a copy of Pokemon right at the start because they were so fucking sick of it.

Yet here we are...

Pokémon has 5 main entries in the series. The same as Halo. The spin-offs are generally either glorified battle arenas or completely different genres altogether.

If you say so.
    From Wikipedia;

Handheld games
    Generation I (Game Boy) Pokémon Red (JP1996, NA1998)
    Pokémon Green (JP1996)
    Pokémon Blue (JP1996), NA1998)
    Pokémon Yellow (JP1998, NA1999)

Generation II (Game Boy Color) Pokémon Gold and Silver (JP1999, NA2000)
    Pokémon Crystal (JP2000, NA2001)
    Pokémon Trading Card Game (JP1998, NA2000)

Generation III
    (Game Boy Advance) Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (JP2002, NA2003)
    Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (JP2004, NA2004)
    Pokémon Emerald (JP2004, NA2005)
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (JP2005, NA2006)

(Nintendo DS) Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (JP2005, NA2006)
    Pokémon Dash (JP2004, NA2005)
    Pokémon Trozei! (JP2005, NA2006)
    Pokémon Ranger (JP2006, NA2006)

Generation IV (Nintendo DS) Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (JP2006, NA2007)
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness (JP2007, NA2008)
    Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (JP2008, NA2008)
    Pokémon Platinum (JP2008, NA2009)
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (JP2009, NA2009)
    Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (JP2009, NA2010)
    Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (JP2010 NA2010)

Generation V (Nintendo DS) Pokémon Black and White (JP2010 NA2011)

[edit] Console games
    Generation I (Nintendo 64) Pokémon Stadium (ポケモンスタジアム Pokémon Sutajiamu?) (JP1998)
    Pokémon Snap (JP1999)
    Pokémon Puzzle League (NA2000)
    Hey You, Pikachu! (NA2000)

Generation II (Nintendo 64) Pokémon Stadium Kin Gin (JP2000) – known as Pokémon Stadium 2 in US and Europe (NA2001)

Generation III (Nintendo GameCube) Pokémon Colosseum (JP2003)
    Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire (JP2003)
    Pokémon Channel (JP2003)
    Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (JP2005)

Generation IV (Wii) Pokémon Battle Revolution (JP2006)
    My Pokémon Ranch (JP2008)
    Pokémon Rumble (JPJune 16, 2009)
    PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure (JPDecember 5, 2009)

Generation V (Nintendo Wii) Pokemon Black and White Project

I'm saying nothing!

Right, but 'real' pokemon games are R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, B/W. And of course, the different versions of each main entry are to encourage trading.

The other stuff covers all sorts of genres, mini-game compilations, fighting games, roguelikes, card games, puzzle games etc. It's not like it's the same game over and over again anymore than Halo 1/2/3/ODST/Reach is. If anything, the high frequency of something being released with the pokemon brand is helping to keep brand awareness high and interest for the main series in very healthy figures. Handheld games never get as much spotlight as big console games anyway.

Personally I love pokemon, but I only buy the main series entries. A lot of the rest of the games are very clearly aimed at young children and don't carry the same appeal across all age groups.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MbMrv.png

Nintendo software is dire; it's biggest franchises only doing three and four digit sales!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Do you know the numbers for Galaxy 1 and SSBB? I guess they arrived too early to be part of that list.

How come no figures for DQIX in Japan? I thought the total sales looked a bit low.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    :( I'm gonna miss you Nintendo

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Do you know the numbers for Galaxy 1 and SSBB? I guess they arrived too early to be part of that list.

How come no figures for DQIX in Japan? I thought the total sales looked a bit low.

8.5 million and 9.5 million. Nintendo didn't publish it in Japan, it has done around 4.3 million over there.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. will never die.

Couscous on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mario Kart Wii has sold 27 million copies? Jesus.

Graviija on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    DQIX breaks a million in 'overseas', which I guess is NA and Europe?

Not bad.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And "Toy Story graphics" was Microsoft.

Nope, it was Sony, or the press after speaking with Sony / reporting on their conference, before the release of the PS2. Way before the Xbox, it was comparing the PS2 to the Dreamcast. Although Microsoft then talked about Toy Story 2 at a later date.

Sony basically just said "it'll be comparable to CG movies" and yeah, the press came up with the "Toy Story graphics" bit. Microsoft meanwhile said stuff like:
    "One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"
    http://news.cnet.com/Microsoft-got-game-Xbox-unveiled/2100-1040_3-250632.html
    Have any of the big three announced the times for their conferences yet?

June 6:
    Microsoft: 9am PST
    Sony: 5pm PST

June 7:
    Nintendo: TBA

Not going to bother watching Microsoft's live, it's at like 4am here and if last year was anything to go by, it'll be boring anyway. Sony's is at mid-day here, so should be pretty easy to catch. Nintendo's I'm not sure about but hopefully it won't be as early as Microsoft's.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Nope, it was Sony, or the press after speaking with Sony / reporting on their conference, before the release of the PS2. Way before the Xbox, it was comparing the PS2 to the Dreamcast. Although Microsoft then talked about Toy Story 2 at a later date.

Sony basically just said "it'll be comparable to CG movies" and yeah, the press came up with the "Toy Story graphics" bit. Microsoft meanwhile said stuff like:
    "One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"
    Have any of the big three announced the times for their conferences yet?

June 6:
    Microsoft: 9am PST
    Sony: 5pm PST

June 7:
    Nintendo: TBA

Not going to bother watching Microsoft's live, it's at like 4am here and if last year was anything to go by, it'll be boring anyway. Sony's is at mid-day here, so should be pretty easy to catch. Nintendo's I'm not sure about but hopefully it won't be as early as Microsoft's.

Nintendo's is almost always noon eastern, which is 9am PST, which is around 4 where you are.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That sounds about right. Last year I just watched a replay of Nintendo's conference, instead of watching it live like I did the other two. Maybe they'll push it back a bit this year though, since they don't have to take Sony's conference into account.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No Cirque De Soleil this year? :(

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    plufim wrote: »
    No Cirque De Soleil this year? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPN3d7jnI9I

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/26/nintendo-idUSL3E7FQ06Z20110426
    TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Nintendo said on Tuesday that alliances with other companies may be necessary, a day after the game maker reported its second straight fall in annual profit and said it would launch a successor to its ageing Wii console.

"I now regret that we didn't tie up with someone outside the company to market the Wii. If we had done that, the fate of the Wii might have been different," Chief Executive Satoru Iwata said at a conference for investors and analysts.

"Now I am aware that we should not rely too much on ourselves. You will see what I mean by this when we market the 3DS and the Wii in the future." (Reporting by Junko Fujita; Editing by Michael Watson)
    legion_of_doom.jpg

Couscous on
  • Options
    AZChristopherAZChristopher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nintendo added close to 300 employees in the fiscal year. But of course that isn't news. Not with every other developer/publisher hiring hundreds of employees...

AZChristopher on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think you misspelled "firing" there. Understandable, the F and H keys being as close as they are.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I've seen the Xbox one, yeah. Still, Sony specified Toy Story, then all the journos reported it. Hence why it was featured across most games rags at the time. The PS2 got hyped to all-Heaven, long before the oxbox was on the scene. Everything was all about the Emotion Engine and Toy Story graphics. And that unusual (at the time) design. And the DVD drive.

I remember sitting in the local woody smokers' den, we had a copy of a Sony-sponsored pull-out from a magazine. A big drunken chat about the potential power of the PS2 massively pissed off a friend of mine who had just bought a Dreamcast. Good times.

If you really want that pull-out though, it's long lost to time; this hype was just before everyone and his mother went internet crazy. However some googling turned up;
    "TOKYO (Nikkei)--Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. plans to release the follow-up to its popular PlayStation video game system by March 2000. The successor to the world's biggest-selling 32-bit game console is to feature a microprocessor co-developed with Toshiba Corp. (6502) that provides motion picture-quality images, The Nihon Keizai Shimbun learned Sunday.

"The Sony unit seeks more than dominant market share in the video game console market with the chip, company officials said.

"The new microprocessor will allow users to handle nearly 50 times more 3-D image data compared with Sega Enterprises Ltd.'s (7964) Dreamcast game console. It will also let users produce game characters comparable in image quality to Walt Disney's Toy Story."

http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/www.thegia.com/mirror/news/n990228b.html

Link appears dead though. Or there is this one;

http://money.cnn.com/1999/03/01/life/playstation/
    PlayStation 2, though, is claiming to be able to handle 50 times more 3-D image data than the Dreamcast, allowing it to create characters similar in appearance to those in the Walt Disney film "Toy Story."

That's why everyone attributes 'Toy Story graphics' to Sony. Because they specified it. I have no idea where the internet got the idea they somehow didn't specify Toy Story or went with 'CG Movies' since I don't remember that quote, and I've not seen anyone link to it anywhere. While I personally recall the games press all going on about 'Sony claiming Toy Story graphics' from the time, like the link above. So unless you can find a quote which states otherwise, we can continue attributing Toy Story to Sony.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Couscous wrote: »
    TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Nintendo said on Tuesday that alliances with other companies may be necessary, a day after the game maker reported its second straight fall in annual profit and said it would launch a successor to its ageing Wii console.

"I now regret that we didn't tie up with someone outside the company to market the Wii. If we had done that, the fate of the Wii might have been different," Chief Executive Satoru Iwata said at a conference for investors and analysts.

"Now I am aware that we should not rely too much on ourselves. You will see what I mean by this when we market the 3DS and the Wii in the future." (Reporting by Junko Fujita; Editing by Michael Watson)
    legion_of_doom.jpg

Activision: The meeting will come to order. The Legion of DOOOOOOM is now in session. In a short while, the Electronic Entertainment Expo will-Um... Yes, Microsoft?
    Microsoft: I was wondering, Activision, if I could perhaps get a pair of--
    Sony: What we need are a few items to help us in our puuuurrfect plan to pull a show stopper at E3!
    Activision: Sony! You have an amazing software line-up! Microsoft! Your Kinect and Live service is deadly! EA! You.. y-you're... y-you're made of straw! What more do you need?!
    Ubisoft: HOW. ABOUT. MARKET DOMINANCE.
    Activision: WHAT?!?!
    Konami: Nintendo has it! Konami want some, too!
    Ubisoft: WITH. MARKET DOMINANCE. UBISOFT. WILL CRUSH. THE SUPER MARIO BROS.
    Konami: Crush them!!
    Sony: I want a magic nunchuk next!
    EA: Can I get a seahorse?
    Capcom: I demand more toys!
    Activision: Oh, enough of this! What do I look like, Santa Claus? We're waisting valuable time! Right now, my DJ Hero reverberator is changing Nintendo into our slaves--
    Microsoft: *cough* Excuse me.
    Activision: ...... MICROSOFT! What is it!?
    Microsoft: Look, I just want some pants. A decent pair of paaaants.
    *gasp*
    Konami: Konami want pants too!

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm glad someone else remembers that old commercial.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That's why everyone attributes 'Toy Story graphics' to Sony. Because they specified it. I have no idea where the internet got the idea they somehow didn't specify Toy Story or went with 'CG Movies' since I don't remember that quote, and I've not seen anyone link to it anywhere. While I personally recall the games press all going on about 'Sony claiming Toy Story graphics' from the time, like the link above. So unless you can find a quote which states otherwise, we can continue attributing Toy Story to Sony.

This is the only official statement I could find relating to it:
    The current PlayStation introduced the concept of the Graphics Synthesizer via the real-time calculation and rendering of a 3D object. This new GS rendering processor is the ultimate incarnation of this concept – delivering unrivalled graphics performance and capability. The rendering function was enhanced to generate image data that supports NTSC/PAL Television, High Definition Digital TV and VESA output standards. The quality of the resulting screen image is comparable to movie-quality 3D graphics in real time.
    http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/ps2press.htm

It's still a bit silly but vague enough to be open to interpretation. So unless you can come up with an official statement that specifically brings up Toy Story, why would we continue attributing it to Sony when we know for a fact Microsoft did numerous times?

If you want to rag on Sony's PS2 promises, bring up the Emotion Engine or whatever, not something they never said.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm fairly sure they showed some Toy Story images that the PS2 was supposedly capable of as well and that helped people think Toy Story is possible on the PS2 since they were hyping the emotion engine back then so much.

Cade on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They had exchange losses totally 49.4 billion yen primarily caused by reevaluation of assets in foreign currencies. Do they ever not get fucked over by the exchange rate?

For years now, nope. The exchange rate situation with the yen is absolutely dire at this point. I know EasyGameStation asks us to make sure we send all of Recettear's (and soon, Chantelise's) proceeds to them in dollars, so that EGS can keep them on hand in dollars until they want to change the money out, bit by bit.

It's going to start to get really hard for Japanese businesses to make proper profit overseas if the yen doesn't come up at least somewhat and stay up long-term. Pretty much every product and business is built around a dollar getting you 100 yen; this 80-yen situation is a bigger profit-killer for companies like Nintendo than product slumps ever will be.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "I now regret that we didn't tie up with someone outside the company to market the Wii. If we had done that, the fate of the Wii might have been different. Now I am aware that we should not rely too much on ourselves. You will see what I mean by this when we market the 3DS and the Wii in the future." - Satoru Iwata

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/26/us-nintendo-idUSTRE73O0RY20110426
    "We're not afraid of a little coffee stain."

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2011/04/25/sony-were-not-afraid-of-a-little-coffee-stain/

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What does that even mean?!?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like he's regretful that Nintendo did not make so many alliances as it should have that might have helped the system maintain it's sells. We've heard rumors of Nintendo courting software makers once more like Rockstar (though we hear these rumors every time a new system is to be launched and nothing much comes of it) and maybe they realize that they can't go it alone forever which if so is a good thing. So hopefully they will make some deals here and there with various groups and companies and get better success for it.

As for the coffee stain comment.....Japan businessmen really seem to like making comparisons to food, drinks and other assortments.

Cade on
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    V Faction wrote: »

legion_of_doom.jpg

Activision: The meeting will come to order. The Legion of DOOOOOOM is now in session. In a short while, the Electronic Entertainment Expo will-Um... Yes, Microsoft?
    Sony: What we need are a few items to help us in our puuuurrfect plan to pull a show stopper at E3!
    Activision: Sony! You have an amazing software line-up! Microsoft! Your Kinect and Live service is deadly! EA! You.. y-you're... y-you're made of straw! What more do you need?!
    Activision: Oh, enough of this! What do I look like, Santa Claus? We're waisting valuable time! Right now, my DJ Hero reverberator is changing Nintendo into our slaves--
    *gasp*
    This must be quoted for posterity.

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Personally I love pokemon, but I only buy the main series entries. A lot of the rest of the games are very clearly aimed at young children and don't carry the same appeal across all age groups.

You might wanna try the Mytery Dungeon series. They're bizzarely addictive.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cade wrote: »
    Sounds like he's regretful that Nintendo did not make so many alliances as it should have that might have helped the system maintain it's sells. We've heard rumors of Nintendo courting software makers once more like Rockstar (though we hear these rumors every time a new system is to be launched and nothing much comes of it) and maybe they realize that they can't go it alone forever which if so is a good thing. So hopefully they will make some deals here and there with various groups and companies and get better success for it.

As for the coffee stain comment.....Japan businessmen really seem to like making comparisons to food, drinks and other assortments.

I actually found Sony's "coffee" comment aimed at the "Cafe" rather humerous.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    People like Warhammer right? I always hear so, I'm not sure if I ever see it a lot though.
    THQ and Games Workshop Announce Multi-Year Extension of Warhammer 40,000 Video Game License Agreement AGOURA HILLS, Calif. & NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom, Apr 26, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --

THQ (NASDAQ:THQI) and Games Workshop (LSE:GAW.L) today announced a multi-year extension to their successful video game license agreement, extending THQ's current exclusive rights to publish video games based on the popular Warhammer(R) 40,000(R) universe through titles across all relevant platforms including core, social and mobile rights.

Since entering the licensing agreement with Games Workshop, THQ has published several highly successful titles based on the intellectual property (IP), including the Warhammer(R) 40,000(R): Dawn of War(R) real-time-strategy games for PC systems that have shipped 6.5 million units to date. Two fresh interpretations of the Warhammer 40,000 IP are currently in development by THQ: Warhammer(R) 40,000(R):Space MarineTM- a third-person shooter for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and PC set to release later this year - and Warhammer(R) 40,000(R):Dark MillenniumTM Online, a massively multiplayer online game exploring the deep fiction and myriad races of the IP.

Cade on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jave wrote: »
    V Faction wrote: »

legion_of_doom.jpg

*gasp*
    This must be quoted for posterity.

I don't get it. Can I get a link to source?

Also, it's interesting to see Nintendo so quickly talking about how they should have gotten some help marketing the Wii. I guess they slowed down commercials and such figuring word of mouth would continue the sales? Meanwhile Kinect pretty much took over the commercial space. I know the yen/dollar has been destroying their profits for years, and it seems like the yen isn't going to change much no matter what happens in Japan.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Konami is Solomon Grundy... and he wants pants.

Wow, it's been years since I've seen that clip.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's particularly interesting that they highlight marketing because, of everything they did this generation, I got the impression that was what they got right more than anything else. Maybe they're referring to marketing to developers instead of the general public? Or maybe they feel that the Wii, as well as it did, should have done better?

Seol on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    @Arcsyn:

Try looking at the top of the post.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Minecraft has sold over 2 million copies. The game sells an average of about 10,000 copies a day.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/34286/Minecraft_Passes_2_Million_Sales_Mark.php

Also, Microsoft just implemented a change to XBLIG Top Downloads charts. Whereas before, they based the charts on the past day's sales, now they take into account the past week's sale. The point to the change was to make the Top Downloads chart more stable.

However, they forgot to take one thing into account. With XBLIGs getting a week of sales and everything else getting only a day, that makes it much more likely for XBLIGs to get in the overall Top Downloads chart. Right now, more than half of the Top 30 Overall sellers are XBLIGs, including the #1 spot.
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/All?xr=shellnav

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rakai wrote: »

Thanks. I've never seen that before..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow. They can't even have tested it. Still, it's an easy fix and will probably be sorted in a day or two.

Seol on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That uses to be a promo on cartoon network. Good times.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hahaha, that's awesome.

Meanwhile, there's going to be PlayStation tablets for some reason.
    During a media briefing in Japan today, Sony announced two new tablet computers, the S1 and S2, available globally this fall.

The S1 has a single 9.4-inch display while the S2 features two 5.5 inch screens in a clamshell design similar to the Nintendo 3DS. The dual screens can be used as one combined larger screen or separately to allow video to play on the top screen with input commands on the bottom, for example.

Both tablets are PlayStation Certified, allowing users to download and play PlayStation One titles through PlayStation Suite. They are also both equipped with Android 3.0, WiFi and 3G/4G.

Price details were not announced at this time.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1164100p1.html

sony-unveils-playstation-tablets-20110425104902103_640w.jpg

Wait... I thought the whole point of the Playstation Suite thing was to bring gaming controls to cell phones? But these tablets don't have them? I have no idea what Sony's doing anymore.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293