As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: This thread is dead! Go use the new one! :D

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    blehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey gang,

On May 29th, a three pack of tracks from Bullet For My Valentine – the Welsh four piece metal group, known for its melodic hooks and heavy riffs – comes to the Rock Band Music Store!

The pack kicks off with “Tears Don’t Fall” from the band’s debut studio record, 2005’s The Poison. It’s followed by “Scream Aim Fire,” the first single off of their 2008 album of the same name. Finally, “Your Betrayal,” the lead track from Bullet For My Valentine’s third studio album, 2010’s Fever, closes out the pack. An optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will available for “Your Betrayal,” as well.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 29th, 2012):

* Bullet For My Valentine – “Tears Don’t Fall”

* Bullet For My Valentine – “Scream Aim Fire”

* Bullet For My Valentine – “Your Betrayal” X

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Bullet For My Valentine Pack 01”

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I will be on later tonight as well, send an invite when you're ready to throw down on bass and I'll lend you my guitar/drums or vocals.

Up for doing this tonight? I had to go to sleep earlier last night.

edit: just did a practice run.. 449,003 points, 91%, 4 stars

edit2: someone just posted a run on Youtube. They found out 750k on Bass is still not enough for Gold Stars :lol:

Watching vids and comparing scores, I think right around 800K is the threshold for GS.

And sadly, I work till at least 10PM Thursday-Sunday, so the earliest I can get on for some rocking out won't be till Monday. But I'd love to get online w/ you sometime. I haven't played in a band setting in months. Would be nice to get it going, especially since I still haven't got any of the band achievements on RB3 :D

When I rocked Rime on bass, I've gotten as high as 570,222 which is a low 5-star score.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Eh... staying away from that pack.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I'm a little curious as to how hard the pro guitar chart will be for 'my betrayal.' It could be fun.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Arikado wrote: »
    Eh... staying away from that pack.

You should, like, update the thread title and OP.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    When I am not on my phone, I will do so. Thanks for your concern.

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    God Damn. Iron Maiden. They made me want to play guitar to begin with. I may have to buy Rockband 3 now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    warder808 wrote: »
    God Damn. Iron Maiden. They made me want to play guitar to begin with. I may have to buy Rockband 3 now.

They also released 12 other Iron Maiden songs, if I believe.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    Supposedly, there's gonna be a Rock Band Blitz setlist reveal today on some gaming sites (according to the Rock Band twitter).

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    It's here

The songs revealed so far
    HMX wrote:
    All-American Rejects – "Kids in the Street"
    Barenaked Ladies – "One Week"
    Collective Soul – "Shine"
    Elton John – "I’m Still Standing"
    Fall Out Boy – "A Little Less Sixteen Candles"
    Great White – "Once Bitten Twice Shy"
    Iron Maiden – "Wicker Man"
    Living Colour – "Cult of Personality"
    P!nk – "Raise Your Glass"
    Shinedown – "Diamond Eyes"
    Tears for Fears – "Shout"

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    fuck....

FUCK! Collective Soul!

So that's at least 6 songs I want from this game. That's worth the $20.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I am actually pretty psyched about the Barenaked Ladies. Hopefully this means we can get a pack with Brian Wilson and If I Had a Million Dollars too.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Browsing through the Rock Band Network and I found a song that isn't metal or punk, has decent audio quality, and actually looks fun to play (at least on drums...)

The High Strung - The Luck You Got

Got links to preview charts for it in the spoiler - first one is bass, pro drums, pro keys(!) and harmonies, the second is guitar, regular drums and keys and solo vocals.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    that is a pretty good list of songs for blitz

so that's 11 there, then another 3 we already knew about... leaving for 11 more songs to reveal (the article mentions 25 songs in the game)

They also listed out more powerups for the game:

Shockwave - sends out a wave that scores on all notes it touches
    Bottle Rocket - explodes and clears notes it hits on tracks
    Point Doubler - 2x points
    Bandmate - takes over a track and plays all notes for you
    Jackpot - play absolutely perfect to earn 3X points, but flub up and lose it all
    Pinball Note - keep a pinball bouncing to clear touched notes
    Blast Note - blows up any notes it touches
    Synchrony - switches tracks without breaking your note streak
    Flame Note - burn everything with fire to keep
    Runaway Note - chase a note to get a bonus

edit: hahahahahahahah at that pro keys finish to the BRE in "The Luck You Got"

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ok yeah so Blitz is getting picked up day one then

Shine, One Week, Raise Your Glass and Cult of Personality are pretty much enough to sell me on it right there.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I fucking despise Collective Soul and that shitty fucking song. For nearly twenty god damned years I've had my hate on for that thing. The rest of that setlist had better be worth it.

• Options
    I would have loved to see December purely for a harmonies challenge at the end.

Or Where the River Flows or Heavy for awesome guitar work, but I'll take what I can get.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

That's got a bit of a Beatles vibe to it. I am liking it. Does anyone else have any RBN diamonds amongst the metal??

This one has been out for a while, but I got it a month or two ago and I have been loving it

Very Busy People - the Limousines

And of course, if you don't have them yet, go and download anything by Jukebox the Ghost.

• Options
    I've got a couple from the RBN that aren't metal but I got them for personal reasons (Hint: They're both Stan Bush songs).

Also, local radio station is doing their "all live versions" playlist this weekend. What songs do the crowd singalong in some form? Is there a list somewhere?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    NyxyxylythNyxyxylyth Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Browsing through the Rock Band Network and I found a song that isn't metal or punk, has decent audio quality, and actually looks fun to play (at least on drums...)
    Got links to preview charts for it in the spoiler - first one is bass, pro drums, pro keys(!) and harmonies, the second is guitar, regular drums and keys and solo vocals.
    Their drummer is my best man's kid brother. I thought I'd be a nice guy and give it a listen when they came out with their first CD, and played it every day for months. I can't count how many times I've seen them live now. Their bassist is awesome too. Check out the drummer and singer trying their own song!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    It's always amusing to see a band unfamiliar with Rock Band try and play their own song. Though it's hard to top Stephen Colbert making Rush try to play Tom Sawyer.

EDIT:

Oh, if anyone still needs that challenge to do a "Harmonix Recommends" setlist, there's currently one available that's all RB1/2/3 songs.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    CULT OF PERSONALITY!
    SHINE!
    SHOUT!

Worth the price of admission ALONE. Hell yes.

(I hate One Week though. HATE. Can we delete individual songs from Blitz? Because while I don't care about "Visions" because no one at a party would ever have heard of it, and therefore no one will EVER pick it - people are going to constantly pick "One Week" and I'll be miserable.)

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Actually, I think the 'recommends' setlist includes LRB songs, too. Unless they've changed it in the last couple of weeks.

And no, you cannot delete songs from a pack. Your only hope is to one-lighter it and then 'hide' one-lighter songs.

Or come to grips that people will pick a song they know and that you dislike.

• Options
    Oh, and this happened yesterday:
    hmxhenry wrote:
    There will be a 1 week delay on the Bullet For My Valentine pack on SCEE / Sony Europe. International PS3 rockers can expect to see the pack on 6/6. We'll update this post if the schedule changes before then.

• Options
    Can I say that I still love HMX's mixing abilities?
    Last night I finally played a "recommends" playlist and it included Word Up. It actually sounds like a Korn cover as opposed to the disc version. It doesn't sound like an almost exact copy of the original, but something close to the band's style. Also, didn't know about that guitar solo at the end.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    This one has been out for a while, but I got it a month or two ago and I have been loving it

Very Busy People - the Limousines

At first glance I thought it was Limozeen from Homestar Runner. They had a song in Guitar Hero 80's edition.

symbolsor on
  • Options
    Actually, I think the 'recommends' setlist includes LRB songs, too. Unless they've changed it in the last couple of weeks.

Yes, it does. You caught me before I could edit. But it's still the only "on-disc only" song set I've seen.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've discovered Beatles doesn't fare as well with my webcam method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3o9WcMNvWk

I'll probably have direct cap ability within 2 months.

• Options
    Speaking of which, I'll be doing some expert vocals for BRB for an hour or so.

• Options
    DLC Week of 6/5 - Singles from Florence + the Machine, Cracker and Midnight Oil!
    Hey gang,

Harmonix kicks off June’s Rock Band Music Store releases with a selection of three singles that assure there’s something for everyone when the tracks drop on June 5th.

“Teen Angst (What the World Needs Now)” from alternative rock group Cracker kicks things off. The single comes from the band’s 1992 self-titled debut record, and peaked that year at number one on the Billboard’s U.S. Modern Rock Tracks.

When Florence + the Machine released their debut record, Lungs, in 2008, it quickly became one of the year’s most popular releases. “Dog Days Are Over,” the multi-platinum second single from Lungs, hits the Rock Band Music Store on June 5th.

Finally, Australia’s Midnight Oil makes their debut in Rock Band with ”Power and the Passion” the first single from the critically acclaimed 1982 record, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 5th, 2012):

• Cracker – “Teen Angst (What the World Needs Now)” X

• Florence + the Machine – “Dog Days Are Over” O

• Midnight Oil – “Power and the Passion” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
    $0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    How the hell you gonna get a Midnight Oil song that's *NOT* "Beds are Burning", come on man.

edit: derp , beat'd

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Love Cracker. One of my all time favorite bands - surprised it wasn't Low but still awesome to see them included.

• Options
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Cracker and Florence + The Machine!?

Fuck. Yes.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    BOM BOM BOMBOM BOM BOM BOM BOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggI7Ctu7Jw&feature=youtu.be

I can't remember if I ever properly thanked @JohnnyChopsocky for lending me RB3 to grab the free Doors pack since I wouldn't be able to get the game for myself in time. That really helped.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Do people still care about peoples scores on here?

• Options
    nope

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Do people still care about peoples scores on here?

We're all shining stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aAZ-fL5OV0&feature=youtu.be

The problem with scores on RB1/2/3 is it just turns into OD path maximizing. I think it's mostly just friendly leaderboard competition, otherwise it's all about the co-op.

Maybe Blitz will make it more competing friendly?
    I usually don't care about the tiering discussion, but wtf at Shining Star being considered two dots higher than Riders on the Storm

edit: more people need to buy the Billy Joel pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhSELWz2Ra4&feature=youtu.be

Anyone ever notice that they improved the singer's mouth animation for whistling parts?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    I sort of put all my efforts into high scores in RB1 and RB2 so I'm not too keen to do it again.

• Options
    songs ought to consider themselves lucky if i even bother to log any score in them, nowadays