Options

Call of Duty: Post in the new thread ^^^

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    OK I'm just going to say it.

WHAT THE FUCK is with them getting the worst possible players to appear in the previews and making them play on sens 2?

I don't need to see some overamped MLG bullshit, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone who actually knows how to handle a riot shielder and plays on say like a 5+ sens so it doesn't take 30 seconds for him to turn and look at someone.

EDIT:

Also Acog with miniRDS gives me a slight chubby. ACOG with underview irons not so much...Just give me a properly cowitnessed buis and I'm fine.

iRevert on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ok, so I'm seriously considering preordering the Hardened Edition because it comes with a year of CoD Elite as part of the extra price. But I have a couple questions about CoD Elite before I decide to shell out 90 bucks for the game.

1) Is there any sort of discount for Elite members for purchasing past DLC? I never got any of the Black Ops DLC packs, but if I could get them discounted through Elite, it might be worth it depending on how good the discount was.

2) Does a subscription to Elite span all consoles? Or does it get tied to an account on only one console? The reason I'm asking is because since Elite subscribers get all DLC early and free for MW3, I'm wondering if I'd be entitled to the DLC on both the 360 and the PS3. I own both consoles and very often I end up either buying these shooters on both, or starting on one and then switching to another depending on where my friends end up. So having access to DLC for both would be great.

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    I always play with the default sensitivity! On any game! Xbox or PC!

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Domhnall wrote:
    I always play with the default sensitivity! On any game! Xbox or PC!

5-7 on 75% of games 3-4 on 10% of games 8-10 on 15% of games

1zb7zmr.gif

I think only scat and two other people will get that gif but whatevs. Couldn't figure out how to work in my tactical bees so that one will have to do.

Gots quotas to fill here people, quotas!

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    so that's either a play on doing 360s with high sensitivity or a play one of the cardinal rules of (shooting)range safety. . . or both?

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    so that's either a play on doing 360s with high sensitivity or a play one of the cardinal rules of (shooting)range safety. . . or both?

No mainly who the person is in that and where its from.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    o.

mah bad, I'll just go back to disappearing from the thread for 30 pages.

• Options
    Huh, I thought you'd just get the juggernaut suit...I hope you can switch the shield out...

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Domhnall wrote:
    Huh, I thought you'd just get the juggernaut suit...I hope you can switch the shield out...

Supposedly you get a handgun as well.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    there needs to be DLC that changes the juggz armor into an old-school nautical diving suit and a harpoon gun-- for no reason other than shark week.

• Options
    there needs to be DLC that changes the juggz armor into an old-school nautical diving suit and a harpoon gun-- for no reason other than shark week.

inb4omgbioshocknoooooooo

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ha, I was going to say "Hey, that sounds like a Large Father"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote:
    Ok, so I'm seriously considering preordering the Hardened Edition because it comes with a year of CoD Elite as part of the extra price. But I have a couple questions about CoD Elite before I decide to shell out 90 bucks for the game.

1) Is there any sort of discount for Elite members for purchasing past DLC? I never got any of the Black Ops DLC packs, but if I could get them discounted through Elite, it might be worth it depending on how good the discount was.

2) Does a subscription to Elite span all consoles? Or does it get tied to an account on only one console? The reason I'm asking is because since Elite subscribers get all DLC early and free for MW3, I'm wondering if I'd be entitled to the DLC on both the 360 and the PS3. I own both consoles and very often I end up either buying these shooters on both, or starting on one and then switching to another depending on where my friends end up. So having access to DLC for both would be great.

1) No, just gives you any of the DLC for the year you bought it for. So here it'd just be for MW3.
    2) Nope, locked to whatever system you bought it on.

• Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    Jaunty wrote:
    So when does this come out anyways

Not soon enough, brother... not soon enough...

Amen to that

qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    Mechanical wrote:
    Lucascraft wrote:

1) No, just gives you any of the DLC for the year you bought it for. So here it'd just be for MW3.
    2) Nope, locked to whatever system you bought it on.

yeah, i figure im gonna be playing it on both systems as well, so it would be nice if you could tie both accounts together via elite, but alas, activision realized it would lose money that way. i preordered the hardened edition on PS3, but i think i might change it to xbox because im probably gonna play with PA folks more than i will by myself. but if none of you are getting elite pro/dlc packs, it might not be worth it.

i need answers!

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to realise that the Hardened edition is a false economy. I'm going to get the regular edition at a ridiculously reduced price, and I get reduced MSP anyway, so I'll just jump on Elite just before the first map pack hits and job done.

Seventh, I'd get the 360 Hardened if you're going to get it at all. It's the only platform we all play on and a significant chunk of us will be map packin' it.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    e:double bah

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    e:bah

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I'll buy the regular edition online for $40 like I did with MW2, and ODST, and Halo 3, and Reach, and Blops.

And pretty much any other game I decide to buy on release day.

• Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Oh. Anyone playing?

• Options
    MW2 is only game I own that I can not find. Next time I'm away for a holiday the 360 is going in a hidey-hole.

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    Domhnall wrote:
    MW2 is only game I own that I can not find. Next time I'm away for a holiday the 360 is going in a hidey-hole.

Did you check the freezer?

Not that you would put it in there when you were black out drunk, Mercy we'd expect that from...you we'd expect it to be in a classier spot, like in the toilet.

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote:

Terrible form on that rear naked choke, Abe.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    iRevert wrote:
    Domhnall wrote:

Did you check the freezer?

Not that you would put it in there when you were black out drunk, Mercy we'd expect that from...you we'd expect it to be in a classier spot, like in the toilet.

Well, duh, that makes sense. When I've finally had enough and need to vomit I'll run to the toilet and, hey! MW2 is here! Let's play that!

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    iRevert wrote:

Terrible form on that rear naked choke, Abe.

He didn't free the slaves to hear Kayne bitch about some dropshotter.

EDIT:

BA1Xs.jpg

iRevert on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    The Hardened Edition comes with a year of Elite? God dammit. I don't have the monies for all this shit, especially not in November!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Do your DLC dissapear when your elite subscription runs out?

I wouldn't put that past them.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    Do your DLC dissapear when your elite subscription runs out?

I wouldn't put that past them.

I believe they've already said that wouldn't happen.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Wouldn't doubt it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Rabble rabble aside, they've specifically said it doesn't go away when your subscription runs out.

Guys, it's not like the cable. You pay 50 for a years worth of dlc and social aspects. You keep the dlc, all of it.

• Options
    I guess if my friends bully me into making some kind of stupid-ass clan with them I will probably get elite. I bought all of the DLC for MW2 and none for BLOPS, so I just hope the maps don't suck.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Having the same clan tag does not create a sense of union or brotherhood - it just keeps your goddamn lobby from filling up.

"OH SHIT COMPETENT PEOPLE BACK THE FUCK OUT"

edit: I am guilty of doing this all the time

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    When I play express and see 6 people with blue clantags all voting for demolition, I get the fuck out of dodge.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, I'll add that to the OP.

For people wondering what the weird ass-SMG from the trailers and shit is; http://world.guns.ru/smg/rus/pp-90m1-e.html

The funky looking magazine is helical and gives it a 64 round capacity.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote:

So, basically, you can preorder all the map packs for $50. You can still buy map packs without elite, right? I doubt I'll pay for elite.

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    stop presenting evidence to suggest i not get elite, my brain has already made the decision. and i think im going to go ahead and get the hardened edition on 360 and then wait til christmas or get a used copy on PS3. i kind of hate having all 3 systems sometimes. my xbox hasnt been turned on in like a month, and my wii hasnt been turned on since kirby's epic yarn came out. but of course i have to get mw3 for 360 so that i can play with you guys, and i have to get it on PS3 for the trophies and so i can play with my brother that lives 500 miles away. damn it.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    The funky looking magazine is helical and gives it a 64 round capacity.

The charging button...thing just seems like an accident waiting to happen. I mean, really? Right over the barrel?
    Burtletoy wrote:
    So, basically, you can preorder all the map packs for $50. You can still buy map packs without elite, right? I doubt I'll pay for elite.

Also more video storage and longer render times and the "Compete" section as well if filling more bars or tournament games are your thing. But yeah, you could view it that way too.

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    So, this takes a minute to get started, but it's fucking hilarious.

Also reminds me quite a bit of playing with @belligerent and [Lady] Dunnax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnd4FSnZJPc

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI