As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terraria! Soon with: Criticals! Inventory Management! FAQ: Its a DEMON ALTAR dammit!

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Wait, printscreen takes a picture of the entire world?

• Options
    AllchuffedupAllchuffedup Registered User regular
    Oh sorry, I posted a link to a site that maps your world for you. I misunderstood.

Check my previous posts on this thread.

steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I was hoping to get in on some multiplayer action but none of the op servers are working for me. Are they still active?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I really should get around to killing the eye of cthulhu. He keeps showing up about 1/3 of the nights and i just am not ready for it. He kicked my ass last time. Now I've built a three level wood platform arena and have 200 shurikens and starfury.

I didn't even get him to half health last time and my return on shurikens was horrible. do they only fall if they don't hit anything?

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Is there a bug with world saving? I saved and exited like usual, then when I went back into the game my underground stuff was reset back to where it was about 4 hours earlier. All of my equipment and items saved correctly, but a lot of the progress I made underground is completely erased. This is in singleplayer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    YLwyi.png

There were two on the same screen just below this, too.

Too bad I don't need any of them!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Do they max out at two rows of hearts?

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yes, two rows of hearts. Also, if you try to use life or mana crystals when you have max capacity, they have no effect and remain in your inventory.

Edit: On an entirely different note, I want Metroid-style hatch doors for this game, plus the ability to turn mud into adobe bricks so that it's not 90% useless.

Double Edit: I also like RockinX's suggestions for lamps and mechanized tools.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Trying to build a structure to use as an arena in the corruption to retreat to when the Eater of Worlds pops up is not the easiest thing in the world. So many enemies trying to eat you when you build.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Figured it out. The game didn't eat my world. Instead, it flooded the shafts for no apparent reason and that made it look as if my progress was erased.

Made it down to jungle/hell and decided to take a break. Figured I was due for one after about 12 hours straight. My first day with the game is going well, I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    @Steel Angel why not build your own arena out of corrupted blocks in a safe area?

I just dropped it for the first time and it was a breeze in my custom ebonstone arena

• Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    so, my guide was eaten by zombies

where can I read more about out how to attract people to come visit your town?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    The wiki probably

but the guide always comes back

they all do actually, but particularly that one

• Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    thanks and, uh, another question - is the multiplayer like the singleplayer, but even better?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    I haven't partaken myself but most think so

• Options
    awesome, I'm out to send some gift copies away

• Options
    Single player is better IMO. Bought the game on sale for a friend and he started playing online with me and it's ridiculous how much shit spawns.

When you're fighting Eye you will do well with shuri/StarF but also focus on not getting hit and getting the little eyes down asap and drink a health pot on CD and you should be fine. I only have like 200 hp on my new guy and have beat all the bosses with just shuri until I got a space gun/meteor set for Skeletron.

steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Twitter wrote:
    HC mode in 1.0.6 will be more to be like we originally wanted(deletes char), and we've added a MediumC mode with a middle ground difficulty.

Sounds good but they really need some sort of a perk for doing it. Even just a different colored name or something to show off online.

Zek on
  • Options

When you're fighting Eye you will do well with shuri/StarF but also focus on not getting hit and getting the little eyes down asap and drink a health pot on CD and you should be fine. I only have like 200 hp on my new guy and have beat all the bosses with just shuri until I got a space gun/meteor set for Skeletron.

Yeah I'm going to try it again soon. I reordered my items so i can switch to a sword much quicker for the little eyes and back to shurikens/starfury more easily. I've also built an arena so I can jump between three different levels and I put walls on the side to keep all the zombies away

• Options
    I was told that starting on a very large map might not have been the brightest idea - is the map really that huge?

• Options
    well the small map is still huge for what's it worth

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    A large map is enormous. For a first-time, single-player I strongly recommend a small map.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So what's the best way to get into this? Make a small world first, go from there? I tried it for a bit but didn't actually do much before night came and the walking dead made me the unwalking dead.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I'd make a small world, chop down a few trees to make a shelter. During the daylight chop down more trees to build a few other rooms to the house, kill slimes to make a bunch of torches. At night hide in the house and kill any zombies the guide happens to let in.

Once the house is in order, explore the surface and any easily-accessible caves for better ore.

• Options
    a quick dirt wall on both sides will block any enemy from entering your mine (building a roof keeps you safe from the flying eyes)

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I really want to start a new map, but I don't want to do it before 1.0.6 drops. Argh.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    So I just sunk 3 hours into this last night, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Finally found a decent cave system and got me an enchanted boomerang.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    uhm, quick question, can there be more than one NPC of the same type, at any time?

• Options
    kleinfehnkleinfehn Registered User regular
    I can't connect to the Terraria servers, it says I need the port number and I don't see it listed in the OP. Can anyone help?

• Options
    Try 7777? I've seen that number tossed about in relation to that

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Basically the small world is more than large enough to get you through all the content in the game, and there's a lot less empty space. There isn't any reason to make a bigger one except multiplayer.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I started my first game world as large; its biggest set back for playing solo is just how far apart everything is. You'll get more caves but they are spread so far apart from one another sometimes you would blindly have to dig in strange directions just to find new open areas.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    @Steel Angel why not build your own arena out of corrupted blocks in a safe area?

I just dropped it for the first time and it was a breeze in my custom ebonstone arena

I was building it for the times when it gets summoned after smashing shadow orbs, not just when you use the summoning item. I did get it done, but it required killing a lot of monster killing.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    The Eater of Worlds and Shadow Orbs need some serious fixing IMO. Every time I've tried to summon him via smashing an Orb he would despawn. The first time I did it I teleported myself to my custom made arena...and he never followed, and despawned. The second time, I broke an Orb and decided to just fight him in the little orb area...at which point he ran off, and despawned.

• Options
    Wow that's strange Loathing. It's easier to summon him in your arena if you use the Worm Bait.

steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671
  • Options
    So I made an arena to fight Eye. It's wood platforms and walls on the sides to discourage most zombies.
    Does that seem good? Now I've just been waiting for him to spawn again. I guess I could use my summoning items.

2011071700003.jpg

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    That should work pretty well. My boss platform is just a wooden ledge about 15 blocks up from the ground that stretches across my whole screen, so I can just run back and forth throwing stars or whatever straight up. That way, nothing can jump up and fuck with my boss fighting. I can see how having multiple levels would work out better.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    Wow that's strange Loathing. It's easier to summon him in your arena if you use the Worm Bait.

My original arena wasn't corruption (doesn't matter as far as I know as long as you lure him there - minus using Worm Food which does need corruption), but now I got a few Corrupted Seeds and corrupted a floating island, so if I ever need to fight him again I can do it there.

Other then initially fighting him to get some Shadow Scale to make the Nightmare pickaxe, I don't see any real point in fighting him again honestly.

• Options
    woot it worked!

Finally beat that bastard. And wow I lost a lot of shurikens. 79/250 left. 3 bars for starfury helped and the defense potion too.

I've now finally beaten a boss in this game! what the hell should I do with the loot? I have 17 demonite bars. i can craft the sword, axe or bow

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    My mushroom grass is not growing at all. It's been like an hour. It's at 20 feet below according to the depth meter, and I put down a screens worth of mud

steam_sig.png