As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Super Mario 3D Land less than a month away!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I hope nobody's eagerly anticipating that Trenches game in Europe. Didn't Trenched (that was the name right?), the game from double fine, run into copyright issues with some obscure boardgame when they tried to release over there?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Yeah, but it was renamed (worldwide) to Iron Brigade, and is releasing in Europe.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Lock 'N Chase is such an ooooooooooooooold game. I played that on my Colecovision, or maybe it was my grandpa's Intellivision.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Um. Trip World. Why the fuck do you need a life meter if you can just bounce off enemies with impunity?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    where are these alleged dreamworks videos that were supposedly released yesterday?

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Previews of the 3D movie mode . . . maybe?

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    According to Nintendolife:
    Nintendo of America has just announced new partnerships with Dreamworks Animation, 3net and the Blue Man Group that will see all three bring new 3D video to the Nintendo Video application on 3DS.

The first video from Dreamworks, featuring the characters from Monsters vs. Aliens, will go live today, followed by a second video featuring the three little pigs from Shrek in the near future.

Sorry.

I haven't even looked for them yet but in the comments page at that link people were talking about how they look. I guess the three little pigs one had inverted 3D. :\

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Nintendo of America has just announced new partnerships with Dreamworks Animation, 3net and the Blue Man Group that will see all three bring new 3D video to the Nintendo Video application on 3DS.

The first video from Dreamworks, featuring the characters from Monsters vs. Aliens, will go live today, followed by a second video featuring the three little pigs from Shrek in the near future.

Sorry.

I haven't even looked for them yet but in the comments page at that link people were talking about how they look. I guess the three little pigs one had inverted 3D. :\

I'm very curious to see what that would look like.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Sorry.

I'm very curious to see what that would look like.

They also mention solving the problem by tilting the 3DS left or right a few degrees until the image aligns again, which makes sense, it's something I noticed when first testing out the 3DS. As you tilt it, a sort of black shadow passes over the screen, and eventually you see a full picture again with inverted 3D, and you can keep tilting to get it back to 3D again (although with some visible interlacing). You could try it right now with any 3D content.

The text of "Mii Maker" goes from inside the screen to just outside the screen, as does the play button of "Nintendo Video." Many things look just plain weird.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    noDqC.jpg

Jesus Christ Nintendo activate the 3DS to 3DS transfer functionality already and release this guy in the US!

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I can't believe I just watched some semi-competently-produced 3D content on my 3DS (the little pig who cried werewolf)

edit: but they didn't bother to produce it at a frame rate that the 3DS can actually display, I guess, because it has frame blending and juddering (symptoms of converting from 24fps->30fps). I guess I'll have to wait for homebrew until we can get something that actually looks like it was done by professionals, huh?

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    KEIJI INAFUNE PRESENTS

A 3DS action RPG that could really be anything for all we know since the video is just CG but still

KING OF PIRATES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80UyPOF_4as&feature=player_embedded

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Is that a Horde symbol in the preview image? FOR THE HORDE!!!

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Also there are a bunch of new Mario 3D Land videos that show off the different suits and the intro "story" (for what it's worth):

Story video (no sound)
    Movement video
    Tanooki Mario video
    Fire Mario video
    Assist video (no sound)

Awesome!

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Monster Hunter 3G bundles!

full.jpg

full.jpg

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Have we had any confirmation of whether MH has online or not? Local only would be useless to me.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Have we had any confirmation of whether MH has online or not? Local only would be useless to me.

That would be a killing blow to sales and I'm sure Capcom knows it. I'd say the game will definitely have online play, but you never know with the people making decisions these days....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BoognishBoognish Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Anyone else buy Tetris: Axis? I'd like to add some people for leaderboard/online action.

For those that are interested in my impressions:

It's Tetris! If you don't like Tetris, there is no breakthrough here that will change your mind. The minigames are sometimes interesting, sometimes wacky, and sometimes boring. There are a lot of them, though, with a lot of options on each, so it kinda balances out. There are Friend and World Leaderboards for every mode, as well, but it is tedious to update them.

Multiplayer has two options: classic 1 vs 1, or items with up to 8 people. The items range from mildly annoying to game-winning, so expect to be frustrated a lot unless you stick to classic style. There are ways to defend against the game-winning abilities (Swap being the key one), but they require a lot of luck to pull off. I still enjoy it, but now I know that it's not really about your Tetris ability. Most of the time the win goes to the person who games the items the best.

The 3D adds nothing to the game. You can manipulate the angle of the playing field, but it just makes it more difficult to see. Some of the backgrounds are neat, but a lot of them have contrast issues with the border that can make ghosting an issue. I can't think of a single minigame that improves with the 3D. I was hoping something like Tetris 3D for Virtual Boy was in there, but instead it goes for a flat 2D playing field in each of them except Tower, which is just the 2D field wrapped around a cylinder.

If you like Tetris and don't have Tetris DS, which I think might be a more polished game, I say it's a good buy. It does Tetris well, and the multiplayer is fast and fun. It's only $30, so it is priced reasonably.

Boognish on
    3DS: 5026-4424-9805
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote:

That would be a killing blow to sales and I'm sure Capcom knows it. I'd say the game will definitely have online play, but you never know with the people making decisions these days....

Portable Monster Hunters have all been local affairs...it hasn't hurt the series yet, but then again, Japan.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tetris Axis does look pretty cool but everything I've read says it can't supplant Tetris DS which is the greatest Tetris game ever. I only really need one portable Tetris.

EDIT: Whoa, yet another new Mario trailer. Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzgfHGLHyg&feature=feedu

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Tetris DS vs Tetris Axis:

Tetris DS-
    Has 'Push' mode, the greatest 1 vs 1 Tetris of all time
    Better items for online multiplayer

Tetris Axis-
    I can have my Mii on the bottom screen, and make her dance just as badly as I do in real life
    Compatible with WPA wireless
    Bombliss Tetris is pretty bangin'
    Selectable music and backgrounds

so it's pretty close

• Options
    I do miss Push. Shame they didn't include it on this one.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Does Axis have that Yoshi's Cookie puzzle mode? That is all.

EDIT: The Tetris DS puzzle mode, yeah.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you are referring to Yoshi's Cookie the game, or the Tetris DS puzzle mode that featured art from Yoshi's Cookie. Either way, the answer is no.

• Options
    Tetris Axis does look pretty cool but everything I've read says it can't supplant Tetris DS which is the greatest Tetris game ever. I only really need one portable Tetris.

EDIT: Whoa, yet another new Mario trailer. Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzgfHGLHyg&feature=feedu

This is what my 3DS has been waiting for! It looks so amazing so far. And with Paper Mario, Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing, the game library is starting to get shape up.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    I guess today is Nintendo blowout day.

5Mgcz.jpgLSewZ.jpg
    aLUkA.jpgmG5L2.jpg
    QDwYg.jpgdZxcY.jpg
    8nFNN.jpgSWYAj.jpg
    Mg5Jm.jpg

• Options
    i_31108.jpg

I'm now more excited than ever. :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Tanooki ALL the things!

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Yea, the Tanooki seems to be the primary running theme in SM3DL.

And yes, Tabookis are now one of the greatest things I have ever seen. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Toldo wrote:
    Tanooki ALL the things!

And I don't even mind because I think it's a great idea for MK. I've been next to people I wanted to hit all the time!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    The more I see of Super Mario 3D Land in action, the more I want it. Cannot wait.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Derp.png

I'm terrible, I know ;-)

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    6216619755_da1dc8f203_o.jpg

Best thing evah!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    This is ridiculous, there is yet another new Mario trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IqnPwvfL30

This one's supposed to be in 3D on the eShop. Also I heard there's another 3D Nintendo news video on the shop today too.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mario, Mario Kart and Resident Evil.

These are the things that I want to hurry up and release already! My 3DS has a thin layer of dust acumulating on it...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I guess today is Nintendo blowout day.

Mg5Jm.jpg
    What the crap is up with Shyguy's kart in this image? Blech!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Oh man, those Super Mario 3D Land trailers are great!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    noDqC.jpg

Jesus Christ Nintendo activate the 3DS to 3DS transfer functionality already and release this guy in the US!

Great, now I need to start saving up for this.

This discussion has been closed.