As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Super Mario 3D Land less than a month away!

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Blah, regardless of how cool that new suit looks, I still want the classic Hammer Bros. suit back. Hopefully the new power up is as disgustingly powerful as the hammers.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    I was gonna suggest that football suit from those guys in SMW. But those weren't actually part of the Hammer Bros. family, were they?

Eh, who cares. Football suit would be wicked.

The Chargin' Chucks? Also, recall that they didn't just hurl footballs or try to tackle you, they also threw baseballs, and jumped up at you to clap you with their hands. God, those guys were annoying.

If anything, I'd love to see Mario fly and throw hammers, just like the Amazing Flying Hammer Bros.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Ferquin wrote:
    I was gonna suggest that football suit from those guys in SMW. But those weren't actually part of the Hammer Bros. family, were they?

The Chargin' Chucks? Also, recall that they didn't just hurl footballs or try to tackle you, they also threw baseballs, and jumped up at you to clap you with their hands. God, those guys were awesome.

FTFY

• Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I hope it's not old but this post stolen from NeoGaf has me fairly excited
    The identity of Yasumi Matsuno's first project as a Level-5 employee has been revealed in this week's Famitsu. The game is Guild 01 , and it's a 3DS variety title that's due in 2012.

Matsuno, who's known for the Ogre series and Final Fantasy XII, isn't the only big name involved with the game. Grasshopper Manufacture's Suda 51 is working on it as well. So is Vivarium's Yoot Saito (Seaman).

There are actually four games in Guild 01, each made by a different creator. Famitsu provides the following details:

Kaiho Shojo
    A 3D shooting game from Suda 51. You take control of a robot known as "Kaihoki" (literally "liberation machine") and blast away at demon beasts. The game has animation from Bones.
    Rental Bukiya de Omasse
    This RPG is being developed by comedy group America Zarigani's Yoshiyuki Hirai. You play as a weapon shop owner and create weapons for sale (or presumably rental) to RPG adventurers.
    Air Porter
    A simulation from Yoot Saito. You play as the man in charge at an airport and must expediently manage baggage. Do a good job, and the airport will expand.
    Crimson Shroud
    A "darkness fantasy" adventure RPG from Matsuno.

based off pure speculation the RPG weapon shop thing is my favorite. Sounds like something Kairosoft (the game dev story guys) would do

edit: yeah good call down below, that is kinda the exact same thing. Recettear is also great, and I feel the appropriate amount shame for forgetting about it

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I want a Totally Redundant Fire Bros. Suit.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Or, you know, Recettear.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Now get me recettear on 3DS!

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Tamin wrote:
    Ferquin wrote:

The Chargin' Chucks? Also, recall that they didn't just hurl footballs or try to tackle you, they also threw baseballs, and jumped up at you to clap you with their hands. God, those guys were awesome.

FTFY

The heck does "FTFY" mean?

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Ferquin wrote:
    Tamin wrote:
    Ferquin wrote:

Fixed That For You

The heck does "Fixed That For You" mean?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    I can't see Guild 01 getting a release over here. Then again, it is by Level-5 and they are known to be awesome about that kind of thing.

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev/index.html
    ■ 対応ハード:ニンテンドー3DS™ ■ 発売日:2012年1月26日(予定) ■ プレイ人数:1人(通信モードプレイ時:2人
    ■ ジャンル:サバイバルホラー ■ 希望小売価格:5,990円(税込) ■ CEROレーティング:D(17才以上)
    ■ 対応:ローカルプレイ、インターネットプレイ、すれちがい通信、拡張スライドパッド ■ 容量:4G Byte
    Resident Evil Revelations has 2-player local and internet play.

toadofsky.gif

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Awesome

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Holy crap that's cool. RE5 style, I hope? A mini-Merceneries would be nice too but I already have that.

EDIT: Today's 3DS VC game is Catrap, a block pushing puzzle game which is supposedly the first game to allow you to rewind time. NintendoLife gave it a pretty good review, 8/10.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nano Assault got a new video, an official site and a release date: Nov. 22 in the US.

And the video is fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGkYxVNuXtU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.nanoassaultgame.com/page.php?about
    Stop the deadly Nanostray virus from spreading and contaminating civilization in Nano Assault, a fast-paced action shooter set within a visually stunning cellular system that leaps off the screen in full 3D. Control your microscopic Nanite ship inside the dangerous virus to fight off infections, navigate through alien cell clusters, battle bosses, and ultimately analyze and destroy the virus' core to save humanity.

* Find, analyze, and destroy the Nanostray virus DNA with your Nanite vessel.
    * Harness the power of multiple weapons: Powerful Beams that lock onto enemies for instant impact; Energetic Bombs explode upon impact and launch devastating projectiles; Spins rotate around enemies in energy-draining orbs
    * Blast your way through 32 twisted cell stages and dark worlds with rugged landscapes that self-adjust in difficulty based on how you play.
    * Battle and defeat 10 extreme bosses including the Black Nucleus, Hyper Blobs, and Spore Plants to collect secondary weapons including lightning chains, electric flashes that destroy everything in close proximity, and the quick and powerful laser.
    * Test your skills in "Boss Rush" mode and battle bosses back-to-back!
    * Stunning gameplay aesthetic is set in a distinctive electron microscope inspired world.
    * Ignite purifying blasts to clear infections by collecting power-ups that defeated enemies leave behind.
    * Respawn and clone yourself along the journey to ensure successful missions. AutoSaving is available after each stage or section.
    * Extra features include Missions Mode, an unlockable arcade style cell stage where you must destroy enemies against a time counter trying to get the highest score, and Hall of Fame where you can publish your level scores and compare them with friends online.
    * Detailed enemy Nanopedia lets you unlock information containing strengths, weaknesses, and strategies to defeat them.

Nano Assault for Nintendo 3DS will be released on November 22, 2011 in the US.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Did anybody else get a notification encouraging them to download Four Swords despite already having downloaded Four Swords?

On a related topic, did anybody else get really pissed that their 3DS notified them about something that wasn't a bunch of GBA Ambassador games being ready for download?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    They made a sequel to Nanostray? Really?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Wow, that Nano Assault video is pretty awesome. First exclusive I've seen that actually makes me wish I owned the system.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote:
    They made a sequel to Nanostray? Really?

Yeah, back in 2008. It was a side scroller rather than a vertical scroller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WisP3-lbjU

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Wait. They made two sequels to Nanostray?

I guess I never really paid attention to it, my friend has it because he loves shmups.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I wish they'd release or at least tell us when they plan to release the GBA games. Or even just tell us which ones they haven't announced. Damnit Nintendo.

You'd think they'd want to release them before Zelda comes out. But then again, I've stopped trying to think what Nintendo should or shouldn't do recently. Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo, but recently they've been doing a lot shit that doesn't make any sense.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    I wish they'd release or at least tell us when they plan to release the GBA games. Or even just tell us which ones they haven't announced. Damnit Nintendo.

You'd think they'd want to release them before Zelda comes out. But then again, I've stopped trying to think what Nintendo should or shouldn't do recently. Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo, but recently they've been doing a lot shit that doesn't make any sense.

I'm talking out of my ass, but I'm guessing we'll get them on October 27 (two weeks from now). Maybe the night before, if it's anything like the NES games.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I hope your ass is right!

I want those games. I'm trying to not spend money and buy Christmas presents.

anoffday on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I hope the Boomerangs are as powerful as the Hammers of the Hammer Suit, or at least go through multiple enemies. And a Chargin' Chuck Suit would be awesome.

But I don't dare hope they bring back the best suit of all...

About Goomba's Shoe, it did make one return...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL_NSQfqlXg

And on a related note, Bowser with a Tanooki tail reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1x0ucyp8g
    Eesh! Can you imagine how terrifyingly awesome it would be to see Bowser in a Goomba's Shoe in the game?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    So are there cards you have to purchase for the 3DS games, or do the virtual console cards for the Wii work as well?

• Options
    Kuribo's Shoe is actually just one of Bowser's bedtime booties.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    So are there cards you have to purchase for the 3DS games, or do the virtual console cards for the Wii work as well?

They ditched the points system, and you can add money directly now. DSi/Wii points don't work. There are new cards that have straight dollar amounts but I'm not sure they're out yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Rakai wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

They ditched the points system, and you can add money directly now. DSi/Wii points don't work. There are new cards that have straight dollar amounts but I'm not sure they're out yet.

Boo. I was hoping to put it on a Christmas list.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote:

I'm talking out of my ass, but I'm guessing we'll get them on October 27 (two weeks from now). Maybe the night before, if it's anything like the NES games.

Did they give a deadline aside from "before the end of the year?" I'd guess the week after, honestly... Kirby comes out the week you're talking about, so the week in-between is without any Nintendo releases, and is before the big deluge begins (Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart).

Then again, who knows.

Regarding points cards, they've started rolling out to any stores that are on the Blackhawk gift card network (which is pretty much everyone). We got ours the beginning of this week, and since I work at a grocery store, I'd guess we're the last of the stores to receive them, but who knows. For reference:

IMAG0742.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm a consumer whore. My PSP is no more and I have a shiny red 3DS in front of me with Zelda. I've never played more than 10 minutes of Ocarina so I'm pretty excited. Wish I could have afforded a second game though :(

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote:
    Regarding points cards, they've started rolling out to any stores that are on the Blackhawk gift card network (which is pretty much everyone). We got ours the beginning of this week, and since I work at a grocery store, I'd guess we're the last of the stores to receive them, but who knows. For reference:

IMAG0742.jpg

Except they aren't points cards, technically, which means you're still dealing in dollars and cents, including taxes on what you buy, right?

Or do they just tax the card, and your purchases are then "tax free," insomuch as they don't add tax to your bill on the eShop? I've not used a prepaid card before, so I have no idea.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    If they tax the card rather than each purchase, I'll be buying cards from now on. It's so damn annoying when I think I'll have just enough to buy that 3 dollar GB game and then it turns out I'm a few cents short for tax. :x

• Options
    I would be very surprised if the shop somehow detected that you were using already-taxed money and didn't charge tax as a result. What happens when a purchase straddles taxed and untaxed money?

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    I would be very surprised if the shop somehow detected that you were using already-taxed money and didn't charge tax as a result. What happens when a purchase straddles taxed and untaxed money?

I don't think they would be able to tell the difference between 'card' currency and regular currency. The system is not set up for that. It's very likely that they will be treated like normal gift cards and not taxed (and also very likely some some dumb retailers will charge tax on them).

• Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    They're giftcards, so stores shouldn't tax you on them. If they do, complain, because they're not supposed to.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Has anyone played Spirit Tracks on the 3DS? I'm trying to play the flute and having a ton of difficulty, I assume because of the 3DS microphone. Most of the time it doesn't register my mad blows so I can't learn this song.

• Options
    I think others have complained about that problem, which sucks. All I have now is 3DS for 3DS and DS games and I still need to pick that one up again and beat it.

• Options
    My guess is that it's less about the 3DS and just Spirit Tracks in general. It was complained about back in its heyday too.

Try blowing less strenuously, or less targeted directly at the mic.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    It's not just you. My advice is to not blow hard at the mic, but also not too soft. It's hard to explain.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Blow moderately at the screen instead of the mic. Seemed to work for me.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Woohoo - Star Fox Get! I now have 2 games for my new toy. I don't think the battery life is as bad as people made it sound either. I've been looking through the store - it seems like there's a real lack of 3ds downloadables right now. Is there more stuff in the pipeline?

I'll probably start saving for the new Mario and Sonic games next - my son wants Pilotwings at some point too - but I think I might do a month of Gamefly to get to try a few games next.

This discussion has been closed.