As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Super Mario 3D Land less than a month away!

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    DHS wrote:
    Warning, inside these spoilers is the most awesome possible image from Super Mario 3D Land, your head may explode.
    vrug46.jpg

BOOMERRANG BROS SUIT

OH.MY.GOD!

It's beautiful. :cry:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    HELL TO THE MOTHERFUCKING YES

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    HELL TO THE MOTHERFUCKING YES

I concur!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Of course any time I think of Boomerang Brothers I get a little angry inside that's left over from the Grandmaster Galaxy from SMG2. Now...now I get my revenge.

:evil:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    DHS wrote:
    Warning, inside these spoilers is the most awesome possible image from Super Mario 3D Land, your head may explode.
    vrug46.jpg

BOOMERRANG BROS SUIT

OMG So want now. <3

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    Must. Not. Click.

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    kaKTO.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Unsatisfactory.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Look, they probably aren't bringing the Shoe back.

I think it would be awesome too, I just doubt it will ever happen.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote:
    Look, they probably aren't bringing the Shoe back.

I think it would be awesome too, I just doubt it will ever happen.
    But wouldn't that diminish the appeal of the shoe? The mystique, if you will? It's cool because it only showed up once, in a single level. (Well, also because you get to bounce around in a giant shoe, but mostly because it was so rare.)

No, I think the best thing they can do for the shoe is to never bring it back.

• Options
    H5afA.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    H5afA.png

Well, Kuribo's shoe is now ruined for me, forever. I hope you're happy.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    DHS wrote:
    vrug46.jpg

BOOMERRANG BROS SUIT

I don't even know what that freaking does and I want it.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    DHS wrote:
    vrug46.jpg

BOOMERRANG BROS SUIT

Pretty sure it lets you throw hammers.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote:
    anoffday wrote:
    DHS wrote:
    vrug46.jpg

BOOMERRANG BROS SUIT

Pretty sure it lets you throw boomerangs.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Why don't you like fun?

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Anyone hear anything about the Pet Zombies game due out later this month? I'm curious, for some strange reason...

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Kuroi OokamiKuroi Ookami Registered User regular
    It's ok Nackmatholn, I am too.

Is there no one who can answer my question from a couple of pages back about the House MD series of games for the DSi?

3DS (Topaz) 3351-4061-2929
    Wii U Topazfalcon (yes I play MH3U, preferably with a headset/mic usage)
    Let me know if you add me on either.
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Nintendo Life gave the first two House MD episodes a 3/10 on their reviews. The third one hasn't been reviewed yet. I didn't play them myself but it seems that they are not worth it.

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    Alright Nintendo is sending back my 3DS. No charge to fix something I broke.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, 3DS Christmas is going to be sweet.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Fencingsax wrote:

There's still not a ton of amazing stuff on the radar throughout the end of the year, but I think the system will finally start hitting its stride with the general public, especially considering Vita's not making Christmas.

I do agree that Mario Land and Mario Kart are going to be badass, though. :) Cave Story 3D and Sonic Generations don't look too bad either. And for people just getting started with the system there's a quality little backlog to get into already.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:

There's still not a ton of amazing stuff on the radar throughout the end of the year, but I think the system will finally start hitting its stride with the general public, especially considering Vita's not making Christmas.

I do agree that Mario Land and Mario Kart are going to be badass, though. :) Cave Story 3D and Sonic Generations don't look too bad either. And for people just getting started with the system there's a quality little backlog to get into already.

Im actually glad that titles such as Resident Evil and MGS are not coming out this year hopefully they will come out before march to keep a consistent flow of AAA titles for the system, something I feel is much more important than dumping all the AAA titles in one period.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Algertman wrote:

How exactly did that work? My 3DS decided that now would be a good time to break, up on the control pad is permanently pressed. I haven't done anything more rigorous to it then keeping it in my backpack a lot.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to Cave Story more than I probably should be. I've played it half a dozen times already, but it never gets old for me. Hopefully it actually comes out on time. Same with VVVVVV. Since it only has one button it should control really well on the 3DS. I wonder if they'll make it widescreen for the top screen or keep it 4:3 for the bottom screen.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    jothki wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

How exactly did that work? My 3DS decided that now would be a good time to break, up on the control pad is permanently pressed. I haven't done anything more rigorous to it then keeping it in my backpack a lot.

Dropped it and it landed on the "L" button causing it to stick. Sent it off and got an e-mail Thursday saying my 3DS was on the way back home fixed.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    harvest wrote:
    I'm looking forward to Cave Story more than I probably should be. I've played it half a dozen times already, but it never gets old for me. Hopefully it actually comes out on time. Same with VVVVVV. Since it only has one button it should control really well on the 3DS. I wonder if they'll make it widescreen for the top screen or keep it 4:3 for the bottom screen.

I'm really excited for VVVVVV and Cave Story 3D too. I almost bought the Cave Story on DSi ware, but I decided to hold off to get the 3D version.

Also Super Mario Land is going to be awesome. I'm holding off buying any games until then. I haven't pre-ordered yet, though. Any suggestions on where to pre-order it?

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I now own an Aqua Blue 3DS... and no games. Nothing I could find on the shelf at Gamestop* interested me. Is there anything large-budget out right now that isn't a 3D remake?

* I had a really, fantastically old gift card that I was beginning to get leery of losing to some obscure timeout clause, which felt like the kind of thing GS would do.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Man my 3DS screen protector is looking' bad, but I'm trying to resist replacing it because I'll just have to do it all again when the white 3DS drops in the US.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote:
    I now own an Aqua Blue 3DS... and no games. Nothing I could find on the shelf at Gamestop* interested me. Is there anything large-budget out right now that isn't a 3D remake?

* I had a really, fantastically old gift card that I was beginning to get leery of losing to some obscure timeout clause, which felt like the kind of thing GS would do.
    Ghost recon. It's a pretty good TBS game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    It's basically Tom Clancy's XCom.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Billmaan wrote:
    H5afA.png

Well, Kuribo's shoe is now ruined for me, forever. I hope you're happy.

6475cdafd940b09552161825251c136f.jpg

Lucky bastard. Riding around in Kuribo's Shoe :x

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Spoit wrote:
    Kupi wrote:

Ghost recon. It's a pretty good TBS game
    Yeah, I dunno about large budget but it's still relatively high profile and definitely well worth it.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Pre-ordered SML3D at gamestop today. I don't pre-order often, but this game will be awesome. And when I do pre-order, I usually do it through amazon. But damnit, I want that keychain.

• Options
    anoffday wrote:
    Pre-ordered SML3D at gamestop today. I don't pre-order often, but this game will be awesome. And when I do pre-order, I usually do it through amazon. But damnit, I want that keychain.

Argh! Stupid Gamestop being closed until who the hell knows when! :P

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    If SML3D is as little as ten percent as awesome as NSMB, it will be glorious.

(I didn't like NSMB very much.)

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Wow. Bloody well took them long enough to give us the other "Brother" outfit. Still.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    There's still one other brother suit that we need!
    Okay technically they throw hammers but I prefer to call them SLEDGES.

Q9hmr.png

We need their sumo jump ability!

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    There should be a bowser suit.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I was gonna suggest that football suit from those guys in SMW. But those weren't actually part of the Hammer Bros. family, were they?

Eh, who cares. Football suit would be wicked.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
This discussion has been closed.