As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Super Mario 3D Land less than a month away!

• Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Anyone else think Mario is moving sort of slowly in 3D Land?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Toldo wrote:

Seems normal for a 3D Mario game to me.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote:
    Toldo wrote:

Perhaps the third dimension is... speed.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Fuck you Mii plaza thing. I don't need your games to remind me I have no friends*.

*Who own 3DSes.

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    Well all of these trailers and such are making me feel better about owning this thing.

and yeah Houn I still have 0 Street Pass hits. I've been to Game Stop a couple times, I even saw a kid playing his Red 3DS (jelly) in Subway the otherday when I was purchasing a $5 Subway Club® and I still didn't get a Street Pass hit. :(

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Toldo wrote:
    skeldare wrote:
    Toldo wrote:

Perhaps the third dimension is... speed.

Did you see the part of the latest trailer at around 24 seconds? Seems fine to me.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Man what is the deal today?

http://blog.nicalis.com/2011/10/vvvvvv-coming-to-3dddddd/
    Nicalis To Publish Terry Cavanagh’s VVVVVV on 3DS eShop

October 6th, 2011 – Nicalis, Inc., developer and publisher of independently awesome video games is VVVVVVery excited to announce a publishing agreement with Terry Cavanagh for VVVVVV on the Nintendo 3DS eShop. VVVVVV features the same amazingly retro gameplay, aesthetic and chiptune music (by Swedish musician, Magnus Pålsson), but now in 3D and on the go with your 3DS. Attendees of Indiecade in Culver City, California can play a near-complete preview VVVVVVersion for the first time on 3DS! Just find Terry Cavanagh or Tyrone Rodriguez and ask them to play!

Released in late 2010 for PC, VVVVVV is a 2D action-platformer deeply rooted in the days of 8-bit gaming with incredibly challenging gameplay and secrets. In VVVVVV, you play as Captain Viridian, who must not only save a dimension on the brink of collapse, but also find your ship’s crew–all of whose names begin with the letter V.

Now 3DS owners can experience the critically acclaimed game in 3D, anywhere. When asked for an obligatory quote, Terry Cavanagh said, “I’m VVVVVVery excited about it! This is the first time anything I’ve made has been on a console.”

VVVVVV 3DS Features:
    Open-world environment with six unique levels
    20 Trinkets to locate and collect
    Full 3D awesomeness integrated into the retro-looking art style
    - Dual screen functionality with a real-time map!
    - Music by Magnus Pålsson
    - New Featured Levels
    - Future content updates

VVVVVV continues Nicalis’ partnerships with highly talented and super-awesome independent developers. Previously Nicalis has teamed up with Studio Pixel (Cave Story, Ikachan), Nicklas Nygren (NightSky) and NIGORO (La-Mulana). Now Terry Cavanagh’s incredible VVVVVV, too, will make the jump–er, flip–to console.

vvvvvv_3ds_tower_top.png

Awesome! I like Terry's quote, and I like the sound of future content. But Nicalis has been sort of notoriously slow in the past...

Also I would like to say that Nicalis's blog is one of the worst blog pages I have ever seen.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Ooooh I've only played the demo on their site so this is fantastic news! Some of the areas are real crackers. Now if Super Meat Boy would follow suit...

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Chen wrote:
    Ooooh I've only played the demo on their site so this is fantastic news! Some of the areas are real crackers. Now if Super Meat Boy would follow suit...

Unfortunately after the whole Wii fiasco, I'm not holding my breath for Super Meat Boy 3D.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yes! I love VVVVVV. Even though I've already beaten it on PC, I would totally buy it again to have it on my 3DS.

edit: Also, when is this 3D cave story coming out?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote:
    Yes! I love VVVVVV. Even though I've already beaten it on PC, I would totally buy it again to have it on my 3DS.

Looks like November 8th, unless it gets pushed back again.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    VVVVVV is awesome but Nicalis never gets anything done in a reasonable amount of time like whoa.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

So right in between Sonic Generations and Skyward Sword, huh.

nope, not happening. sorry daisuke.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, bad timing. I'll still probably pick it up eventually, though.

Anyone grab Super Mario Land 2 yet?

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I grabbed and beat it while cooking dinner tonight. Still as good and easy as ever and makes me excited as hell for Wario Land.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Kuroi OokamiKuroi Ookami Registered User regular
    I didn't see them listed yet, so here they are, taken from Joystiq.

3DS eShop

Side Pocket (Game Boy) (G-Mode, 1 player, $2.99): 9-ball and 16-ball pool games.

DSiWare

House M.D. - Episode 3: Skull and Bones (Legacy Interactive, 1 player, $7.99/800 DSi Points): It has to be lupus this time.
    Simply Minesweeper (Engine Software, 1 player, $1.99/200 DSi Points): Hey, apparently Minesweeper isn't owned by Microsoft! Neat.

So, I have a question. Now that House M.D. is moving into it's 3rd episode, does this mean the game is worth buying/playing from the beginning? is there any incentive to play it again after finishing it? How long of an "episode" is it?

3DS (Topaz) 3351-4061-2929
    Wii U Topazfalcon (yes I play MH3U, preferably with a headset/mic usage)
    Let me know if you add me on either.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    skeldare wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

Can't remember the last time I played it. Is it as short as 1 is? I beat that in like an hour and a half.

anoffday on
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Holy crap VVVVVV. I've played it to death on Steam but It's repayable like whoa so of course I'll get it and beat it a million times.

I never did get all the trinkets in the mirror mode..

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Ugh.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What the fuck forums, triple post? Can you even delete posts anymore?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Every time people say they triple posted I only see two of their posts. Looks like your original post is totally gone so we are only left with frustrated posts!

• Options
    Every time people say they triple posted I only see two of their posts. Looks like your original post is totally gone so we are only left with frustrated posts!

I see that. How frustrating indeed.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The more I see, the more excited I am about SM3DL and MK7.

Both are looking awesome. Judging by all the pictures Nintendo has released...they've gone Tanooki mad! :rotate:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Yay, look who made the cut!

roaslina.jpg

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The lady from Galaxy?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote:

roaslina.jpg
    The hell is that thing?

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote:

roaslina.jpg
    The hell is that thing?

Princess Rosalina?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Yes, it's Rosalina. She was one of my favorite additions to the Mario universe. :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    She kinda is the Mario Universe...

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    She kinda is the Mario Universe...

Heh, you're right. :lol:

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    NOE's spanish name for her is my favorite: "Estela". Partially because it reminds me of Interstella 5555.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    There are also an awful lot of Blue Man Group videos on Nintendo Video.

The pieces are falling into place...

• Options
    I've actually enjoyed the Blue Man Group videos...like a lot.

Not enough Tobias though. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    doodly

pzmnW.jpgcUjv4.jpg
    p1B3X.jpgNMYqN.jpg
    cTVp0.jpgU2Hc0.jpg
    BQBs9.jpg

Basically the Wii version with lower res textures, better shadows and more content. Sure hope it's online! They've only talked about offline but a person can dream.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Yeah I thought the point of MH was online, but I recently read that none of the portable ones have had it?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I think Tri on the Wii was the first one that made going online easy (not involving LAN tunneling or whatever). EDIT: The PS2 ones were online but seriously.

Also it had a paid subscription in Japan, removed over here in an effort to get Americans interested.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Yup, Tri was the first serious online effort for a Monster Hunter.

None of the portables have been online capable, so I'm not expecting TriG to have it. They might for MH4 though.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    The Wii has been the only one I've played so I guess that is where my assumption was formed.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Warning, inside these spoilers is the most awesome possible image from Super Mario 3D Land, your head may explode.
    vrug46.jpg

BOOMERRANG BROS SUIT

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Those MH textures look a bit.. RAGEy. =P

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
This discussion has been closed.