As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I am totally buying a Paille sweater. He's the biggest pain in the ass on the ice. Loved him since the short hander he got in the 2011 run.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    KelbaenorKelbaenor Registered User regular
    I have to imagine Lundqvist is furious at his teammates after this game, he did everything he could to keep the Rangers in it and got no help at all. I really thought the Rangers would be WAY tougher competition than this.

PSN: Kelbaenor
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I continue to believe that went in off Eminger. But yeah, Lundqvist needs a better team in front of him.

Nash continues to be an abortion on skates out there.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    nash is fine.

it's tortorella and his horrendous system. ex players have summed it up as: every shift we play like we're on the PK, you end up throwing the puck down the ice and change exhausted.

once boston finishes the sweep torts will be fired within a week.

but the biggest news of the day is Nichushkin has apparently terminated his contract with the dynamo of the khl and will sign an nhl contract to play next year. that throws all sorts of draft charts out of wack. many, many people are comparing him to the jagr draft. jagr went fifth behind 4 very good players, but they weren't other worldly like jagr.

• Options
    nethneth Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    I continue to believe that went in off Eminger. But yeah, Lundqvist needs a better team in front of him.

Nash continues to be an abortion on skates out there.

He's got to be injured. Watching him in Columbus for all these years he's really not this shitty. There's got to be some nagging injury that is keeping him from playing the way he should be.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    vigneault and all his assistants let go in vancouver. not a huge shock for me, i thought he was going to be fired after last year.

he'll land somewhere soon, he's a good coach.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Hmmm.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh shit we're on the power play again. Let's toss a coin to see which team will score on it.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    It would be nice for Ottowa if they could figure out how to hang on to the puck.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    You see, Therrien? This is how you coach when you're losing badly. This is how you get ready for the next game. You don't only run out to smash skulls, you try to get everybody ready the next time around!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    This is the most boring 4 on 4.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    So...uh...is Larlar dead?

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Hah, I just came into this thread to ask that same thing! :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    That certainly was a game.

A Tale of Two Letangs.

• Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    So

Do or die for the Rangers tonight. Let's hope some other members of the team actually join Lundqvist on the ice at some point.

• Options
    It won't be Richards, they just announced him as a healthy scratch.

• Options
    Man, what a fall from grace for him.

• Options
    Also, not that anybody really cares, but EA confirmed NHL14 will only be on the 360, not the One.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'm...I'm not sure if I want to watch the game tomorrow...

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    TedStarkey wrote:
    Per CapGeek, if the Rangers buy out Richards this summer, they will have a cap hit lasting until 2026-27.

Jesus christ :shock:

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Man, what a fall from grace for him.
    I feel like as an NHLer if Glen Sather offers you fat sacks of money to play for the Rangers you should run, not walk, away from him in concern for your career.

• Options
    "Man, I get to go to NY, make a lot of money, and win a cup. Why doesn't everyone do this?"

• Options
    TedStarkey wrote:
    Per CapGeek, if the Rangers buy out Richards this summer, they will have a cap hit lasting until 2026-27.

Jesus christ :shock:

they still have another compliance buyout to use.

and this is just a desperation move by a coach who knows he's going to be fired when he loses.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're down 3-0, if they lose they're out and he gets fired. If they win, he's a genius who made a smart risky move that might possibly save his job...for another couple of days.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    As a Ranger fan, I can honestly say that for a long time now, I've felt like every game they've won has almost been in spite of Tortorella, not because of him.

I liked him when he first got here, but the welcome wore off quick. His system doesn't work, produces spotty inconsistent offense, and obviously he has absolutely no solution for the powerplay. It's sucked for way too long.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    The rangers older powerplay

Also known as piss away two minutes of your life as they pass the puck around and never shoot

• Options
    Please Santa, all I want this year is a Detroit-Pittsburgh final. I will give you all the cookies.

• Options
    So we've gotten the Roy rumor confirmed, Detroit has taken a commanding lead (!!!), and my personal over/under mark for Torts in NY (currently at 6 days) might be in some jeopardy.
    It's a good day for hockey. Except for the Detroit part.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    (fuck the red wings)

see I forgot to say it, that's why this is happening

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    GO RED WINGS WOOOO

@tonkka

• Options
    Screen%2520Shot%25202013-05-24%2520at%25209.04.58%2520AM.png

• Options
    nethneth Registered User regular
    Screen%2520Shot%25202013-05-24%2520at%25209.04.58%2520AM.png
    Tonight, you.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    So we've gotten the Roy rumor confirmed, Detroit has taken a commanding lead (!!!), and my personal over/under mark for Torts in NY (currently at 6 days) might be in some jeopardy.

The best part about Roy is that he wanted assurance from ownership that they'd start spending to improve the team before he'd take the job. That and working as VP of Hockey Operations alongside Sakic. I can't help but think Sherman must feel pretty irrelevant right now.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Borommakot wrote: »
    So...uh...is Larlar dead?

NOT YET

But my heart is heavy with woe.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Cello, if they're down tonight after 2 periods you have to go to Pittsburgh and break into that stadium. It's the only way they'll come back to win.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Cello, if they're down tonight after 2 periods you have to go to Pittsburgh and break into that stadium. It's the only way they'll come back to win.

Aw damn, I better start driving right now...If I leave right away I might make it in time!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »

The best part about Roy is that he wanted assurance from ownership that they'd start spending to improve the team before he'd take the job. That and working as VP of Hockey Operations alongside Sakic. I can't help but think Sherman must feel pretty irrelevant right now.

gonna be honest, i don't see any way that this works out. nhl coaches don't have the time necessary to actually do the vp of hockey operations jobs. this ain't weekend gameday juniors.

it's the scotty bowman clause but scotty fucking bowman roy ain't.

it just screams as more of a pr move then a sound hockey decision. you've got this weird sherman sandwich with some sakic and roy bread and a team with a lot of problems.

• Options
    I agree about it being a PR move, but I still think it's a move in the right direction. I kind of think giving Roy the VP Op title as a way of assuring him that he'll have heavy input on roster moves. I figure Sakic will still be taking on the majority of that job.

• Options
    Yeah, what I've heard is that Roy didn't care about the title, just wanted to have a voice in the management discussions. Which is not too unusual, and should work fine, up until it's time to fire him

• Options
    edited May 2013
    There's guys over on the official forum that want Foote brought in as an assistant on the defensive side of things. Now if that happens, then I'll absolutely agree that it's a PR move and nothing more.

I'm just trying not to be too hopeful for next season though. The Avs roster is still pretty much set with nearly everyone still being under contract so aside from managing to dupe some sucker into taking some of the dead weight I can't see much changing until contracts start coming up.

Jayricho on
This discussion has been closed.