As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    *somberly pours out a Rock and Rye Faygo *

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I was sort of hoping for a Red Wings goal, just for the ensuing wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Also, Andrew Shaw is a shitheel.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Well, at least this brings my playoff pool back to being almost accurate. 3/4 teams called for round 3 ain't bad! If only Vancouver hadn't laid down and died in the first damn round I'd have all four...

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    GOALLLLLL!!!!! Hawks are on fire this period!

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Good game by the Hawks. Gutted out a big win.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm watching on standard definition, but is there a problem with the audio for anyone else? It's like when you put your fingers on and off your ears rapidly, if that makes sense.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Cooke suspended for the series?

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    No, he won't be for that.

The fact that Marchand didn't get booted as well is just ridiculous ... I guess it could be because:

A - His last name isn't Cooke
    B - Neal didn't roll around on the ground like a little girl
    C - His last name isn't Cooke

Still just insane that he only got 2 for that hit.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    No, it was a dumb play but it wasn't a major.

Marchands hit was just as reckless.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Crosby was especially douchey tonight. And for the record, Marchand should have been booted as well.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    ...huh!

• Options
    Hawks are a team possessed tonight!

• Options
    HAWKS! 2-0 advantage! How sweet it is.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jesus. I checked the score on my phone and it was 1-0. Then I checked it again and it was 4-1. The fuck happened?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    uh I haven't seen much but the penguins have been playing like shit

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I just... don't know anymore.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Jesus. I checked the score on my phone and it was 1-0. Then I checked it again and it was 4-1. The fuck happened?

At first it was only 3-0 (Horton and Krejci added goals). And then Fleury came in.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Goose! wrote: »

At least you was the 1-0 part. I just turned the game on and it was 4-1. The fuck happened?
    At first it was only 3-0 (Horton and Krejci added goals). And then Fleury came in.
    Ohhhh!

EDIT: I feel bad: it's my Pittsburg-born friend's birthday today

chromdom on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Don cherry runs a bit lamenting how poor Crosby is just such a victim and its unfair that he's getting run over and over.

In every clip shown he's cross checking someone, mouthing off or slashing someone.

Fuck cherry and fuck Crosby.

• Options
    Personally, I loved how Marchand's first goal made Crosby look like an ass, and his second goal made Cooke look like an ass.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    So this has squat to do with the playoffs, but I bought my first pair of inline skates to get more skating in when I can't make it to the ice.

Holy fuck, how do people skate without edges? Or on anything other than perfectly smooth asphalt or concrete?

• Options
  • Options
    Borommakot wrote: »
    So this has squat to do with the playoffs, but I bought my first pair of inline skates to get more skating in when I can't make it to the ice.

Holy fuck, how do people skate without edges? Or on anything other than perfectly smooth asphalt or concrete?

You get used to it.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    But when you find freshly paved roads you will still always feel compelled to skate down them, even if it's completely out of your way.

The call is as strong as the siren's song, but even more impressive because there are no sexual undertones.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I didn't watch, but I hear Sidney Crosby and Chára were going after each other real hard a couple games ago

Hopefully they'll take each other out at the same time and the world will be a better place

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Crosby has been a bitch so far this series. I will not even really defend anything he's done.

I think I sort of lost patience in game one when he was trying to pick a fight with Rask. Like, really, why the hell would you do that?

• Options
    What I don't understand is why Pittsburgh came out in Game 1 with the strategy of madly going for hits. If you look at the hit totals, they doubled up Boston on hits, but Boston started beating them to pucks in the middle of the second period. To me, it looked like the Pens were so determined to show that they could stand up to the Bruins physically that they took themselves completely out of their own game.

My favorite part of the Chara/Crosby shouting match was when Chara made a big show of bending down to get into Crosby's face, grinning the entire time.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    I'd absolutely hate Chara if I wasn't also 6'7" and laughed every time he used his height for my entertainment.

• Options
    It's like the Philly series all over again, no defense and trying to be tough guys and playing so physical we are taking ourselves out of what we do.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Keith is suspended for game four because he smacked that bitch in the mouth. I love how the other guy basically mugged him, but gets nothing. Fucking NHL.

• Options
    I didn't see it but I heard that Keith was trying to slash the shit out of Carter.

Looks like Keith is building up a reputation.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Carter intentionally slashed Keith's exposed hand while he was trying to pick up his glove after slashing him in the corner beforehand.

Keith took a no look swing at his shoulder and hit Carter's ugly mug instead.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I just...CBC...just....

During the powerplay, they had a tiny box in the corner of the screen that JUST followed Crosby. Like, usually their coverage of Crosby is pretty gross, but having an actual Crosby Cam? Are you KIDDING ME

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Meh, Carter slashed at Keith's hand while Keith was trying to pick up his glove. So Keith gave the little bitch a shot in the mouth.

• Options
    Stick to the head equals suspension, always and forever, amen.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Damn, I wanted 3 OTs.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    why am i happy for the bruins this makes no sense

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    That was an incredible game.

• Options
    Keith didn't deserve a suspension.

Fuckin' hockey, man.

This discussion has been closed.