As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Is Sakic a good enough GM to pull that kind of deal? Roy's been learning a few years in Juniors. How is Sakic qualified?

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I....don't think he really is. He's spent a few years as an 'executive advisor' and now he's President and Executive VP of Hockey Operations. He's just got final say on any move Sherman wants to make.

And I just realized how much the Avs have been throwing around titles lately. Pretty ridiculous.

• Options
    Hey Ottawa scored a goal! Gold stat for them!

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Say Roy?!
    I was not aware of the pronunciation of Roy until now.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I can't fucking stand chris neil.

• Options
    Oh, and hockey related: my wife is playing in a tournament in Phx this weekend. Of the 4 guaranteed games, they are currently 1-0. It is their firs

• Options
    Why is my edit not showing up?

...first win in this tourney in like 6 years

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    There's a bunch of stuff I could complain about in this game, but whatever. Eat shit, Pittsburgh. I hope you all fall into inexplicable magic comas.

Except Iggy. Go Iggy! Win the cup on your own!

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    Say Roy?!
    I was not aware of the pronunciation of Roy until now.

That's ok, Don Cherry still can't get it right.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I love Jimmy Howard so much.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I've definitely come around on Howard these playoffs. He's a good dude.

We will still crush him in the finals.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    No don't crush Jimmy!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Angry wrote: »
    I can't fucking stand chris neil.

My dad actually installed hardwood at Chris Neil's place sometime in the last year or so. Apparently he's actually one of the nicest customers he's ever had! Like, learned the name of every single contractor and talked to them every day they worked on his house. I guess he gets all the rage out on the ice.

I suppose I have to cheer for Boston now. (Which means Boston is probably going to lose and it's all my faulllllllllllt)

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I've heard that's true of a lot of enforcers, they are the nicest group of guys in pro sports. Dunno if it's getting the rage out, the idea that thwy have a job to do and it's not reflective of who they are as people, or the idea that theu know they're pretty easily replaced so they go out of their way to connect woth fans.

Except Chris Simon, I've heard he's a first degree shitbag.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I am so nervous about tonight. Detroit has done an excellent job of getting Chicago out of their game this series. Please Blackhawks be bad at hockey tonight.

Bogey on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    I am so nervous about tonight. Detroit has done an excellent job of getting Chicago out of their game this series. Please Blackhawks be bad at hockey tonight.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I'm in metro Detroit and this bar is packed

My people :D

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    That...that isn't what I said at all

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Sure looks like you did! :p

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    That is some dirty pool right there.

Dirty, dirty pool

• Options
    Aw man, Jimmy.

• Options
    Doof

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get to watch much of the game after the first period (stupid work).

I'm being told that Jimmy was still awesome despite the final score, and told that by a Chicago fan even.

EDIT: Holy shit 45 shots on goal.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    Yeah that was a brutal game for Jimmy

• Options
    Yeah, I saw him make a glove save and just toss the puck back on the ice. He seemed super frustrated.

I can't wait for Babcock's post game interview.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Rip rangers

Peparony and chease

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I miss those commercials

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KelbaenorKelbaenor Registered User regular
    Watching Howard play in college growing up was fantastic so I'm glad he's actually having playoff success with the Wings, despite not really liking the Wings that much!

PSN: Kelbaenor
  • Options
    I'm in a bar in Phoenix surrounded by Kings fans wearing a Sharks t-shirt.
    It's a hotel bar, so I'm not sure if they will get cut off before I get my ass kicked

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    listening to the Memorial Cup final

this should be a scout's dream. The top 3 draft prospects (Seth Jones, Nathan MacKinnon, Jonathan Drouin) in the same game, for all the marbles

I was feeling pretty good about Halifax being up 3-0 after the first period, but Portland just scored twice in the second so I'm not nearly so comfortable

• Options
    I wonder if I can get someone to work the kitchen tomorrow night. . .

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    5-2 Halifax WOOO

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I'm in a bar in Phoenix surrounded by Kings fans wearing a Sharks t-shirt.
    It's a hotel bar, so I'm not sure if they will get cut off before I get my ass kicked

GAME 7!!!

• Options
    Just got back in from PHX (didn't get beat up in the bar! :) ) to see the Frolik penalty shot. Much as I hate Detroit, not so sure that was a PS, didn't look like he had a clear breakaway to me. But I'll take it! :twisted:

• Options
    Well, shit

• Options
    Oh god this is going to end me.

• Options
    Okay, Babcock made me feel better about everything.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Show me on the doll where Mr Babcock touched you.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh man. Two game 7s? At least the West is trying to keep things interesting.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Why should I hate the Penguins? Let me count the ways:

Cooke on Savard:

Samuelsson on Neely:

Ulfie got his back a few times, though:

Thank goodness the Bruins never do anything like....
    paciorettychara.jpg

...dammitall....

(EDIT: I am apparently HORRIBLE at BBCode)

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

This discussion has been closed.