As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    The Iggy Conference Finals.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm a little grumpy that I have to root for the Pens after they eliminated my team, but I gotta cheer for Iggy, I don't have a good reason to hate the rest of them anyway (except for Cooke), and I really don't like Boston.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I feel like the only person who still wants the Penguins to lose even with Iginla.

• Options
    Other than fans in Boston, Detroit/Chicago, and LA/SJ, I think you might be.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    nah, plenty of people hate the penguins

or, they hate crosby

• Options
    or, they hate crosby

This. My hate for Crosby is greater than my love of Iginla.

• Options
    Certainly valid.

I think a lot of Americans probably feel that way, maybe? It seems like most of Canada views Iggy as a sort of national treasure.

• Options
    I'm not sure Iggy is quite THAT loved around my area. My friends do think I'm nuts for not cheering for the Penguins just for his sake though.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    i'll be happy for him if he wins, but i'm not cheering for the pens.

i guess i'll root for the kings to repeat.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Larlar wrote: »
    I'm a little grumpy that I have to root for the Pens after they eliminated my team, but I gotta cheer for Iggy, I don't have a good reason to hate the rest of them anyway (except for Cooke), and I really don't like Boston.
    Ugh, of course you'd be an Iggy fan! :P

I'm glad the tradition of your team bowing out of the playoffs before my team continues though!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bogey wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Ugh, of course you'd be an Iggy fan! :P

I'm glad the tradition of your team bowing out of the playoffs before my team continues though!

pfffffffffff, you're only up...uh...hold on.

*walks over to wikipedia, comes back*

2006: 1-0 me
    2007: 2-0 me
    2008: 2-1 me
    2009: 2-2
    2010: 2-3 you
    2011: 2-4 you
    2012: 3-4 you
    2013: 3-5 you

Balls to the notion of surrogate teams and your fictional tradition. I won last year!

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you've had surrogate teams from way back, whichever Canadian team happened to make it to the Playoffs!

• Options
    Also, I don't know what your list means since the Redwings won the Cup in 2008 and made it to the Finals in 2009, which would be years for me!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I gave you those years. C'mon man, math! I'm on the left, you're on the right. Each year someone gets a point and 2013 is our current cumulative score.

And your accusation offends my honour, sir. I used no surrogates in this compilation, which is an exclusive Ottawa-Detroit listing.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I've got to cheer for Boston this time. Chara was my favourite player back during his Sens days (ever since his fight against McCabe) and they have half the old Ottawa players anyway. I also have a strict Anyone-but-Crosby protocol that activates as soon as the Leafs and Habs are out of the playoffs. Sorry Iggy. :(

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Ditto. I will however have a very big dilemma if it comes down to Wings/Penguins. It's basically my only no-win scenario remaining. Last time that happened I actually found myself hoping for a Wings win....so of course they lost. :?

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    As long as the Kings don't win it I can live with anyone else winning.

• Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    So they just announced Tortorella's been "relieved" of his coaching duties.

Can't say I'm surprised or even disappointed. I just hope this changes things for the better.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Fuck him and his shitty power fucking plays

Fuck

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Hopefully tsn leaves him alone and I don't have to listen to him on the panel again.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I learned today that my phone autocorrects Tortarella to tortured llama.

• Options
    Well, that was some bullshit

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    AUGH

• Options
    how does that even happen

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I know it makes me a horrible person, but the first thing to flash through my mind was "payoff"

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    That ref can fuck off. How do you do that in that situation? How does Saad get roughing for being pushed into the bench?

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    FUCK ALL THINGS ON THE EARTH

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    I know it makes me a horrible person, but the first thing to flash through my mind was "payoff"

see, I don't know if he knew they were scoring when he called it

• Options
    Yeah, my gut reaction was not based on any rational thought. Though the ref was facing the play as it was developing. But I don't really think there has been any sort of game-fixing; just having a cynical stretch

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    I am seething. Hawks need to pull themselves together and go out and finish them quick.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    That was a nothing scrum. Ed Hochuli would have called it better.

EDIT: He'd still be explaining it, but still.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    That ref can fuck off. How do you do that in that situation? How does Saad get roughing for being pushed into the bench?

Well see, he was so obviously trying to jump onto the Wings bench and fight the whole team....or something....

I dunno, that's all I got.... :?

• Options
    Congrats, Chicago.

• Options
    HAWKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a consolation the wings get to go back to Detroit.....I hear there are lots of octopi ready to be cooked.

• Options
    All's well that ends well

• Options
    Just got back from the bar, watched this with my dad, brother, and some of their friends. All of them are huge Blackhawks fans. They got loud when they scored at the end of regulation, and then there was a slow burn as they realized what happened and got more and more pissed off. I'm glad they ended up winning, I wouldn't have wanted to see how a Red Wings goal would have gone over

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    What a game.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Sportscentre just pointed out that the final four are the last four years' Stanley Cup champions. 2009 vs 2011 in the east, 2010 vs 2012 in the west. That's pretty cool.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Yeah. The last team eliminated was the team that won the cup the year before those guys too

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    First time in a decade there will be a repeat champion, then.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
This discussion has been closed.