As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Club Nintendo Thread

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm also torn on what one to get for my blue XL. I love green, but the yellow and red options also look nice. White stands out nicely, too.

Given the choice I'd just get the black one but being able to save $20 (or $40 if I get greedy, since I have 1000 coins) means I'll go with whatever.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm thinking the white one to go with my Blue XL. But we'll see what's left, I can't go to Nintendo sites from work, so it'll depend on how much my mobile browser agrees with their site :)

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Are we sure it's gonna be 500 coins?

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    They stated on Facebook it will be for 500 coins.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Also it's now listed on the actual CN front page.

• Options
    Aw maaan. I don't have enough. I have a few extra codes, so if anyone wants to trade, PM me.

• Options
    Aw maaan. I don't have enough. I have a few extra codes, so if anyone wants to trade, PM me.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    I have no XL, so I suspect that when my coins start expiring, I shall have to purchase a T-Shirt cannon with which to fire all of the Mario T-Shirts I'll have to purchase in order for my coins not to go to waste.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Can't wait. I have just over 500 coins and I will have one of these. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I have no XL, so I suspect that when my coins start expiring, I shall have to purchase a T-Shirt cannon with which to fire all of the Mario T-Shirts I'll have to purchase in order for my coins not to go to waste.

Use the coins to buy Christmas gifts for others. Also, make sure to check out the free games for the month.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Do we know for sure that it goes up on midnight of the 31st? I really want one, but don't particularly want to wait up to get it...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Do we know for sure that it goes up on midnight of the 31st? I really want one, but don't particularly want to wait up to get it...

Good question. Knowing Nintendo, it will probably be up at 9AM Pacific time.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Usually closer to 1pm for club nintendo stuff.

I've done too many surveys tonight.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Japanese Club Nintendo rewards announced

Two rewards for everyone this year:

1) Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (download code)

This was never released in Japan, iirc. It is treated as a DSiware title and only available for download on 3DS. Downloads can begin today (Oct 30th) and requires 426 blocks.

It will be available for download via the regular Club Nintendo rewards program from May next year, for 800 points.

2) A spiffy 2014 Nintendo Calendar

FUUUUUUUUCKING JAPAN.

• Options
    Japanese Club Nintendo rewards announced

Two rewards for everyone this year:

1) Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (download code)

This was never released in Japan, iirc. It is treated as a DSiware title and only available for download on 3DS. Downloads can begin today (Oct 30th) and requires 426 blocks.

It will be available for download via the regular Club Nintendo rewards program from May next year, for 800 points.

2) A spiffy 2014 Nintendo Calendar

FUUUUUUUUCKING JAPAN.

Wait... a download code... for a DS game? Fuck.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    A never released (in Japan) game.

This is about the same as us getting Mother 3 as a Club Nintendo game and it leaves us with a few things, the main one being that they could if they wanted to release any DS game on the eshop.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    There's any number of DS games I'd love to see on the 3DS and would be thrilled if they ended up being the platinum reward.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular

This is about the same as us getting Mother 3 as a Club Nintendo game and it leaves us with a few things, the main one being that they could if they wanted to release any DS game on the eshop.

Can you imagine the joy/outrage (mostly outrage) if they actually release Mother 3 as an exclusive reward that cannot be bought?

• Options

Can you imagine the joy/outrage (mostly outrage) if they actually release Mother 3 as an exclusive reward that cannot be bought?

I can. And I'd be lying if I didn't say there were parts of me that finds this thought absolutely hilarious.

• Options
    It would have to be a game that Nintendo owns that never reached stateside.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    It would have to be a game that Nintendo owns that never reached stateside.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have no idea what kind of game that is, just that I'd play the shit out of it.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Why was there such a delay in rewards?

Ours came out a while ago

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think Captain Rainbow is far too 'adult' for Nintendo's American image.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Damn, I had to go ahead and register games I was saving because I wouldn't get the post-play surveys in time for the games I registered last week. I better snag one of those charge cradles, I don't even care which color.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    Ah, thanks for reminding me the cradle comes out today. Gonna keep an eye on the rewards page.

• Options
    I said that I'll take any color available, but that white cradle would look awesome with my all black XL...

Will report when the order page goes live.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Tempted to grab one of the cradles even though I have absolutely no intention of ever owning a 3DSXL.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I'm guessing this will be up in a little over an hour with the eShop update.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hah, check out the site's Halloween update.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Anyone interested in trading extra codes?

RockinX on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Tempted to grab one of the cradles even though I have absolutely no intention of ever owning a 3DSXL.

That's kinda fucked up, bro.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »

Collector has to collect, man. :P

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular

What's fucked up is that there's so few rewards to be had that the most compelling thing to get is something you have no use for.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Beltaine wrote: »

What's fucked up is that there's so few rewards to be had that the most compelling thing to get is something you have no use for.

Let's be honest. The 3DSXL cradle is the only thing worth getting as a gift right now. Hanafunda cards or hell even the 3DS Card Case would have top priority than a lame cradle.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    I really like the reversible pouches and the tote bag. 3DS card case is easily the best thing they've ever offered though.

• Options
    3DS card case is easily the best thing they've ever offered though.

I like my six-card + metal stylus case more than the 18-card case. That hasn't been available for a long time, though.

• Options
    It still baffles me that they have a Metroid Other M screensaver. Talk about a missed opportunity for a Metroid-themed reward.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It still baffles me that they have a Metroid Other M screensaver. Talk about a missed opportunity for a Metroid-themed reward.

1500 coins: You get to kick Sakamoto in the balls.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    It baffles me that a screensaver in general could be considered worth spending coins on.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I like using my codes for download games, although I wish they'd just eliminate the middle man and let us flip our points into actual eShop money or have a larger selection of games available at one time. I think I'm going to skip the cradle though - I like to play my XL in bed while plugged in fairly often so it would likely end up just sitting on my night stand unused. Too bad though, I like the white one.

This discussion has been closed.