As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Leona delayed, Champion Spotlight videos still dumb

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i just logged in not 5 minutes ago, there is no way that happened since then

i'd try cancelling it and relogging?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    EU servers, itt.
    On the plus side, the timer dropped and has now only 20 minutes left.

Varethius on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ohhhhhhhhhh..........

i weep for you.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I went 6/1/7 as Caitlyn

I think I'm going to buy her after Leona!!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think the only time I actually get DFG is on veigar, as killing one dude really hard generally is his thing

I get it on leblanc

Jars on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i don't understand how anyone could feed as Galio.

I am taking Fortify and Revive. Dying the least. Assisting the most. Great time.

protip to help you galiown: take flash. jump into the enemy team with a thornmail on and initiate.

• Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Why is the thread past 100+ pages now?

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Shut up and wait until the mods lock it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm beginning to think this is a trap by Echo to boink me right in the ass

Zen, if you would be so kind as to make the new thread? I've had enough of the suspense

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm not that stupid.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I can't believe the lol thread of all places would hate Lux or penguins : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    jesus yorrick is about as fun as a flat tire to lane against. philo + that healy ghoul and apparently his spells don't cost any mana

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    Why is the thread past 100+ pages now?

Last I heard, last thread we were told by Echo not to make a new thread until the mods lock the old one.

It could be that they want to make the new OP with a big "THIS IS HOW MANY PEOPLE WE BANNED, DON'T BE GEESE," banner on it. Or they just wanna keep tabs on us. Or they just don't want us to be able to edit the OP. It's not unprecedented for mods to do that.

This thread has been on thin ice before with mods, so nobody's taking any chances and we're all trying to stay in accordance with mod wishes.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So was having fun until I noticed tf was intentionally feeding and our mid disconnected. With a half decent team would have been an easy win but no. I fucking hate this game sometimes.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    We had a great setup.

Shaco, Shen, Sivir, Junglesticks, Caitlyn.

I knew that Caitlyn would be trouble from the moment she was picked. People playing Shaco don't bother me because they probably have some idea what to do with him in a PvP match if you pick Shaco. Bot matches? Feh, that's for practising your rotation or item build or runes/masteries and stuff and just shenanigans.

But I'm starting to learn that people picking a character from the f2p week list is just asking for trouble. Our Caitlyn ended the match with 3/11/3, and we lost. Mostly because the player behind Caitlyn was acting like a goose the entire match, running off on her own to get ganked, and not helping in teamfights.

If there are people under the tower right before an inhibitor, and you're standing back with full health/mana doing nothing to protect it? You are a derp.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Brand + Cho'Gath really have a lot of synergy.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    People playing Shaco don't bother me because they probably have some idea what to do with him in a PvP match if you pick Shaco.

I want to live in whatever bizarro dimension you occupy

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    People playing Shaco don't bother me because they probably have some idea what to do with him in a PvP match if you pick Shaco.

My logic being that if I see (going with the example) a Shaco player in a bot match, I will assume "This player is either learning, or practising, the fundamentals of Shaco".

In a PvP game when he is not F2P week I assume "This person has gone out of their way to purchase Shaco. They probably have an idea of what to do."

In a PvP game when he is in F2P week I assume "Oh great it's some smacktard goose going THIS GUY LOOKS COOL I WILL TRY HIM."

To his credit, the Shaco was really good. Knew what to do. The enemy Akali kept screaming obscenities at him over /all chat. :D

Dunxco on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Seeing a Shaco first pick in solo ranked is rather scary.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, since the nerf to Nunu I've had a lot less fun playing him (read: he's not overpowered anymore :P) I'm trying to figure out what jungler to pick up next.

I've been eyeing Nocturne (for ganks) or Trundle (for...well, not 100% sure why. He seems solid and I like the way he looks.)

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

My logic being that if I see (going with the example) a Shaco player in a bot match, I will assume "This player is either learning, or practising, the fundamentals of Shaco".

In a PvP game when he is not F2P week I assume "This person has gone out of their way to purchase Shaco. They probably have an idea of what to do."

In a PvP game when he is in F2P week I assume "Oh great it's some smacktard goose going THIS GUY LOOKS COOL I WILL TRY HIM."

To his credit, the Shaco was really good. Knew what to do. The enemy Akali kept screaming obscenities at him over /all chat. :D

You would assume so since its logical. In practice they all feed , unless they are on the other team in which case you are fucked.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kxBE3.jpg

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Best image.

edit: Though, considering how relaxed Swain usually is, I sometimes wonder if it's cigarettes that he's smoking.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    good game, vwinds. Still a little intimidating playing with you since I know you've been playing a lot longer than I.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, Ignite that jerk

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    p.s. swain doesn't smoke menthols, he smokes full flavored unfiltered cigs while he swishes down his moonshine straight out of the still

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    so there is a bug right now where if you hit random in ranked it randomly selects one of the banned champions

Jars on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I been pushing out some Sona action hard lately. I bought my AP types runes (well, I am about halfway done them) and have been doing the aura heavy Sona. Its awesome having 100 armor and MR and people still try to target you. Don't blame them, when i am buffing the everloving shit out of my team.

I just need to find a good order to build, as the only problem is I find I am very low on money most of the time. But even when my team sucks at teamfights we just never die and my ult alone gets them like a big head start.

The whole philo stone thing doesn't do it for me. You have to rush it to get anything out of it and I would rather get something to buff my team by the time teamfights start.

Once I finish my runes I will go back to cass, I noticed the disadvantage when all I have for her is armor pen and mana regen :|.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

You would assume so since its logical. In practice they all feed , unless they are on the other team in which case you are fucked.

There's a few reaaaaally good ones, but every single Shaco game absolutely depends on getting him a couple of early kills. And he's bugged and hard to play, so that most of the time people feed like crazy. I had one go 30+ kills in a high level normal a few days ago. It was a sight to behold.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    it's all a matter of being in the right place at the right time for shaco, or for the enemy team, wrong place at the wrong time

nothing quite like going in a little too deep to secure a kill and seeing that orange puff of smoke over a wall

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    +450 point Siphoning Strikes are fun. :3

Tankytank Nasus don't need no +AP/AD to hurt.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    good game, vwinds. Still a little intimidating playing with you since I know you've been playing a lot longer than I.

Eh, I'm not that great, just average.

You're just really passive in your laning and teamfights from what I saw in that game. It got on my nerves a little. I needed something to push you. :P

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think I might buy Caitlyn after Leona instead of Orianna

But then again I'm not convinced Ashe or Miss Fortune can't just cover all of Caitlyn's bases.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kay wrote: »

Dear god man. How long did the enemy team let you freefarm?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just had a game where every turret in the game died. At one point after a ww backdoor our nexus was down to about 400 health and the other team only had one nexus turret so it created a weird stalemate for awhile as both sides split up into defense teams and attack teams to try to do damage. Eventually they pushed all together and we managed to beat them but it was really tense for awhile.

Neaden on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    if they removed flash and everyone started taking exhaust I bet everyone would start complaining about exhaust because fuck exhaust

Jars on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

A long time. We had the game in the bag by the start of midgame anyway when our PuG Teemo stopped fucking around on his own and did his job. The game itself lasted about 50 minutes.

Plus Kay is like, our go-to guy when there is a creep build up. I can't explain it, but any character he picks they're just... Gone. And he comes back stronger and more angry and the enemy team crap their drawers and run off.

I was okay with my Irelia result. 14/7/13. I did a lot of stupid death mistakes, but it was hilarious giving Varethius (as Sona) a heart attack when I was being chased on low health and just turn around, Equilibrium Strike for the stun, and bugger off to let the team catch up and gank him. Poor Master Yi.

Myself (Irelia), Italax (Anivia) went bottom lane against a Poppy and a Master Yi. Two dumb deaths on my part but they lead to situations with both a dead Poppy and Master Yi so we really hammered them early game on tower pressure. Anivia and Irelia work really well together - nothing really gets away from that much slowing going on.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

We were pretty much just teamfighting in mid. Whenever there was a minion build up in either top or bot we'd alternate sending our tanky Irelia (Dunxco) or our Tanky Nasus (Kay). It was great stuff.

And by god does sona turn fights around. Ammount of times I managed to save someone with Ult + heal + Move buff.

Varethius on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    man, its been a while since my recent matches was all wins (sans a ranked swain that I was relatively happy with anyway)

feels good man

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    if they removed flash and everyone started taking exhaust I bet everyone would start complaining about exhaust because fuck exhaust

It's pretty fantastic. I've had several games today where I was blitz and had either kog or teemo with me, and I'd just pull them in, combo, and if they had much health left exhaust and let my partner tear them apart while they tried to run away.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.