As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Leona delayed, Champion Spotlight videos still dumb

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    also it's pretty fun to troll the shit out of blitz by dropping my W in the way of his grabs as yorick

like its the best thing ever

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i was faced with a dilemma as yorick earlier in lane

i was against blitz/nasus, so i would use my ghouls for mad grabblocks but at one point nasus was all like "farming q's off your ghouls yorick :D" and i was sad

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    yeah I was 1v1 top against a nasus earlier and I saw him pulling that stunt

I didn't like it

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    good game, vwinds. Still a little intimidating playing with you since I know you've been playing a lot longer than I.

Eh, I'm not that great, just average.

You're just really passive in your laning and teamfights from what I saw in that game. It got on my nerves a little. I needed something to push you. :P

what's the difference between being aggressive and being dumb? If I see a lone teammate running off into the woods without knowing what's in there, you bet I'm not following him. If I'm holding a lane in a 2v1 position, and especially if blitz is one of the 2 and I'm someone squishy like Cass I'm not going to go anywhere near them. I had already died twice before you called me on not working the lane.

I don't mean to be contrary, I'm just curious.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's so frustrating losing to complete dogshit players who end up with a better / counter comp in blind pick.

Riot needs to change the meta again. CC is just poisonous for fun right now.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    CC isn't a meta. it's a fact of life when you play lol because without cc no one dies and it's stupid.

Jars on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

There's a whole bunch of anti-CC items and two anti-CC champions.
    And the meta is made by players.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    CC isn't a meta. it's a fact of life when you play lol because without cc no one dies and it's stupid.

It's way worse that it used to be. God forbid you take a team with less than 3 stuns these days. You can get away with a good Akali, for example, but a lot of champs just get dick stomped in team fights due to lack of CC.

There's a whole bunch of anti-CC items and two anti-CC champions.

The anti-CC items are pretty mediocre, and you cannot counter pick in blind pick.
    And the meta is made by players.

Only somewhat. It is exceedingly dependent on balance changes.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    also it's pretty fun to troll the shit out of blitz by dropping my W in the way of his grabs as yorick

like its the best thing ever

Ugh, heimer shaco lane was so annoying. We still ate them like delicious candy, but eventually they were just sitting under their turret with a bunch of boxes and mini turrets down. I had to pull them through the trees to feast.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Using Kayle's Q to kill enemy champions while they're sky-high in the air from Alistar is the best thing. Air Combo.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also, fuck a Blitz+Xin lane. Thankfully we ganked and destroyed them, but UGH double pup-up.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, fuck a Blitz+Xin lane. Thankfully we ganked and destroyed them, but UGH double pup-up.

Be thankful it wasn't Nidalee and Katarina with their double kit-up.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    First game as Jungle Pirate went better than I hoped.

18/4/17, 4000 more gold than 2nd place.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cc's counter is flash

and thats why it stays in the game

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    wouldnt cleanse be CC counter?

honestly that or QSS when timed right can pretty much fuck over cc that isnt on a short ass cooldown. The problem is too many champs who are really good at other shit get a stun tacked on and you arent giving up anything for that CC. If you have a stun on a short cooldown, your damage/survivability needs to be shit. This is simply not the case with many of them.

Then again, the advent of all these knockups too are the real issue. There needs to be an item that prevents that somehow like cement shoes.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Good god new Yorick is disgusting.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I haven't played orianna since she was introduced

did her spikey thing always give haste to her own team? I don't remember that

it's glorious

and did the recall always do that much damage?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the only adjustment since she came out is they bugfixed her passive, as it was doing less damage than it was supposed to

and also the animation for her shield didn't play for some reason

she's been too powerful from the start

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I hope riot rethinks the swain nerfs next patch

trying to play him and use my ult to actually heal is like pulling teeth

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Hate that matchup. I've had to go 1v2 against that and it's just a game of how long you can go before one of them gets to you, then it's double pop ups and bam your dead before you can even move. So you basically get stuck playing passive until eventually you get low enough and xin tower dives you. Or...you go back to nexus and they take the tower.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    the only adjustment since she came out is they bugfixed her passive, as it was doing less damage than it was supposed to

I think she's pretty comparable to most other high tier AP / support. I'd never tell an Annie to repick to Orianna, for example. And a good Janna is less dangerous but much better support, for example.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I think she's pretty comparable to most other high tier AP / support. I'd never tell an Annie to repick to Orianna, for example. And a good Janna is less dangerous but much better support, for example.

The problem is that she can lay out serious AP damage from an incredible distance. The burst of Leblanc from twice the distance; you can snipe from afar all day and hardly anyone can get to you unless you make a giant positioning error. The only real limit is your mana. At least in my experience she does fall off a bit by late game, but still...pretty awful to lane against.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I bought Cass when she came out and am trying to get back into her again. I'm starting to get what to do with her, but my one problem is the ult. I just don't understand it and when to use it.

If I use it at the start of a team fight just after initiation, it puts me too close and I get deaded. But if I use her awesome range most of the time, its like its just sitting there doing noting. Is the range deceiving? It it just a very situational ult? Maybe I'm just too used to Tibbers.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I keep liking champs that "fall off late game". I'm sick of it. I want to be relevant at the end when the shit gets real.

There's like one end of the spectrum with Panth who has a good early game and is weak by the end, and I guess Tryndamere who is the king of death 40 minutes in

I want to play more cool cats on the trynd end of the spectrum

NOTE: I said cool cats not stupid dorks so no chump-champs allowed

Kazaka on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Snagged an Ace
    fiddlesace.jpg

Crowstormed into all five of them trying to take our mid. Chased them all the way to base.

Bitches love my crowstorm.

Anyway, mpen boots, void staff abyssal scepter is a mean fiddles build.

I play around with riyali's sometiems though.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I bought Cass when she came out and am trying to get back into her again. I'm starting to get what to do with her, but my one problem is the ult. I just don't understand it and when to use it.

If I use it at the start of a team fight just after initiation, it puts me too close and I get deaded. But if I use her awesome range most of the time, its like its just sitting there doing noting. Is the range deceiving? It it just a very situational ult? Maybe I'm just too used to Tibbers.

It's not always an ideal ult to hit squishies with - obviously catch as many people as you can, but it's perfectly fine to use it just on their melee line. iIf the enemy team has 2-3 melees (not uncommon in this meta) and you stun them all that's a pretty good use of the ult that should keep you relatively safe. She's a lot of sustained damage so it's much more important to stay alive than to get a slightly better ult off.

Unlike Annie, her main contribution to the fight comes from her regular skills, so try to maximize your damage with those and just ult when you see a good safe opportunity.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i don't think it's fair to compare orianna to annie considering annie is hilariously overbuffed right now and they're almost certainly going to nerf her

unintentional on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That was a fun game. I had like 4 perfect Shen ults on people today.

I'm curious to hear what Morello intends to buff for him. I think he's in a precarious state where if something gets buffed, another thing will get nerfed.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, anyone know of a way to report people without playing a match? There's a guy trolling ranked queue right now by banning what people ask for, and trying to force dodges.

PS: Make sure you don't play with Rompr.

Aydr on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arikado wrote: »
    That was a fun game. I had like 4 perfect Shen ults on people today.

I'm curious to hear what Morello intends to buff for him. I think he's in a precarious state where if something gets buffed, another thing will get nerfed.

Vorpal blade now removes head of opponent, sound file replaced

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    people vastly overrate annie. ap carries in general are really strong right now, it's why they nerfed deathcap a bit. she's not some huge outlier and a team with malzahar/anivia/karthus is just as strong as a team with annie. I've heard she does have a few bugs with abilities casting twice, but I have yet to see it myself.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i disagree

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i mean, her ultimate definitely falls into the pre-nerf galio/morg ult category of "oh my god why did this AoE crowd control do half of my health in damage"

and then it also basically just gives your team a free Garen for a bit

unintentional on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mmm. frozen heart on gragas makes my butthole quiver with delight.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    akwd3t.png

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Orianna is better than Annie

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, a blitz/alistar lane is so fun it should be illegal.

Went up against lux/ryze and just played football with them. My favorite was against lux who was trying to hide behind minions, so Ali flash-punt-knockuped into my blitz grab-knockup under the tower. She went like, half the lane and then died.

Meanwhile OntheLastCastle got to 1v2 a double stun lane as kayle. Ended up being the team feeder with 2 deaths. :P

zerg rush on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    akwd3t.png

Well guess I'm not the only one that's happened to tonight. Guess that being a complete douchebag in queue is the current meta.

Aydr on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Man, a blitz/alistar lane is so fun it should be illegal.

Went up against lux/ryze and just played football with them. My favorite was against lux who was trying to hide behind minions, so Ali flash-punt-knockuped into my blitz grab-knockup under the tower. She went like, half the lane and then died.

Meanwhile OntheLastCastle got to 1v2 a double stun lane as kayle. Ended up being the team feeder with 2 deaths. :P

50% of our team deaths by game end. I think I died those two times in the first 3 minutes. So brutal vs. Blitz and Renekton.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    akwd3t.png

Not gonna lie, that is P funny

Trus on
    qFN53.png
This discussion has been closed.