As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Leona delayed, Champion Spotlight videos still dumb

• Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Talith wrote: »
    Those changes will probably make jungle Trynd much safer.
    He's still pretty safe in the jungle. The second he turns lvl 2, he's able to maneuver around the jungle fairly easy.

that might actually be pretty cool

trynd was like the 3rd champ I bought but I never play him

Do it. He was also like my 3rd champ bought and I've been playing him more often recently.

The thing I love about tryn is once he starts getting fed, it just never stops. He is literally a game changer.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Who is Fancylad? Duder always has LFG in his status message, but never responds to invites. Same goes for almost every Penny Arcade dude on my list. You guys just being an insular community again?

yeah that's me! sorry, I often go afk and am trying to make my status afk when i'm not there

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Who is Fancylad? Duder always has LFG in his status message, but never responds to invites. Same goes for almost every Penny Arcade dude on my list. You guys just being an insular community again?

It's Casual Eddy and the answer is that tons of us are afk all the time.

What I dont understand though is why leave it open afk anyway?

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You should add me. If I'm logged in, I'm looking to play.

LoL name: rakkun

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm wondering what the significance of 'top lane' means. I mean surely, it depends on which team you're on for jungle-neutral locations, so it can't be that.

What's the difference between top and bottom lanes? (I am still new, be gentle!)

Someone already said dragon control, and that's entirely right. To expound on that, the solo's always go top because that way, when the junglers inevitably decide to gank bot, if they get a kill they can immediately do a "safe" dragon. At worst, it's 4v3 (bot survivor, their jungler, their mid versus your bot, your jungler and your mid) and that's still advantageous, generally.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The thing about Heimer is that although he's a bit shit whenever you kill somebody with his turrets you feel like the master troll of the world

Trollerdinger

:l

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kai_San wrote: »

Some of us have things come up before we're able to get to gaming and decide not to shut down the client. Or ADD.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Or you live in the EU and don't want to contend with 1 hour login queues hoho

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You should add me. If I'm logged in, I'm looking to form a lobby then go AFK for 15 minutes prior to hitting go.

LoL name: rakkun

Fixed it for you rak.

schuss on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    yeah yorick is pretty legit now

I've been doing manamune > giants belt > triforce > atmas > finish warmogs and doing just dandy

yay for being able to contribute

I'm gonna try this

What runes/masteries/skill order do you recommend

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    zeeny wrote: »
    Trus wrote: »
    zeeny wrote: »
    I really don't see why solo top Udyr is considered overpowered compared to other tanky solo top DPS(especially Irelia & Jarvan), but I've faced only one, as Akali, and he wasn't aggressive pre 6.

I would only consider him overpowered if I also considered (old) lanewick overpowered because they fulfill very much the same role. It is nearly impossible to get him out of lane with Turtle stance alone never mind when he gets a wriggles. Between the shield, lifesteal, and movement speed of Bear stance he is nearly impossible to gank and he can poop out damage if he nails you with a stun.

You may as well be describing Irelia.

Or Xin.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I've been doing manamune > giants belt > triforce > atmas > finish warmogs and doing just dandy

I'm gonna try this

I still haven't gotten a chance to play him yet after the buffs, I hate free champ week. The Yorick's in my games this last weekend were by and large terrible. In one game, an enemy yorick kept solo pushing bot lane and way overextending, we got back into a losing game solely from his feeding. I got stuck laning with one who had zero idea what he was doing, the enemy champs kept hiding in our bushes and he would not pop the AOE ghoul in there to chase em out, it was driving me nuts.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    Fixed it for you rak.
    Oh shit, thanks.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Won both of my games as Yorick today with nice ratios (including one everyone except me and the other bot laner fed in the early game, but then we were able to pull it together in the end). As an experiment, I tried going for Catalyst (eventually turning into Banshee) instead of Manamune and it worked out pretty well - you get less damage early on, but survivability is better.

One really nice thing about Yorick is that he's an absolute beast in the jungle in the mid to late game so even if you don't go full jungler with him, you can quickly run into the jungle and clear stuff quickly whenever you're not pushing or in a team fight.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I really wanna try a frozen mallet build with Yorick, it feels like it would be a nice core item on him.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arikado wrote: »

Some of us have things come up before we're able to get to gaming and decide not to shut down the client. Or ADD.

I was not complaining so much as trying to figure out if I have been ostracized for being bad.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    son

you're bad

and you should FEEL BAD

you UNPERSON

actually idk they're probably just being space men

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I'm gonna try this

I still haven't gotten a chance to play him yet after the buffs, I hate free champ week. The Yorick's in my games this last weekend were by and large terrible. In one game, an enemy yorick kept solo pushing bot lane and way overextending, we got back into a losing game solely from his feeding. I got stuck laning with one who had zero idea what he was doing, the enemy champs kept hiding in our bushes and he would not pop the AOE ghoul in there to chase em out, it was driving me nuts.

I'm not sure why you were replying? To say I will probably do bad when I try him out? Because that's probably right

And isn't every week free champ week, or do you mean the first week a new champ is free? Because that's still like every other week right, generally

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I really wanna try a frozen mallet build with Yorick, it feels like it would be a nice core item on him.

Phage is good for Yorick due to the Health & AD, but I'm not sold on Frozen Mallet since you're paying a lot of money for the slow which he doesn't even really need due to W. I'd much rather spend the extra money and upgrade Phage to Trinity.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    picked up gragas and played some TT with him, fun times. also, a decent morde that rushes revolver is just dickish D:

3 ring gragas is my new favorite thing.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Feldorn wrote: »
    also, a decent morde that rushes revolver is just dickish D:

I tried the revolver rush recently. It just didn't feel like it was giving back as well going for early regen/tanky items.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    cptrugged wrote: »

I tried the revolver rush recently. It just didn't feel like it was giving back as well going for early regen/tanky items.

this was on TT, so that would be a difference there. i think it was shield, booties, revolver. along with new yorick and someone else. yorick is hella strong after the buffs.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I love winning games that we should have by all accounts lost. I was doing terrible with yorick so I said fuck it built full tank and would ult our Caitlin and then make a bee line for malz every fight and chase him away while my team did all the damage. Im still amazed we won , we were getting our asses kicked so hard for 30 minutes.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    In a game last night as fiddles with lee sin in lane with me.

Dude farmed every mob, out farmed me by 3 to 1. Then bitched I wasn't building fast enough. Fiddles has the worst auto attack.

Then I disconnect for a minute at around 30 minutes in. We were doing ok at this point. When I get in they're tearing through our inhibs.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Or you live in the EU and don't want to contend with 1 hour login queues hoho

Well that one makes the most sense. Seems like most of the ones afk are in EU :(

Kai_San on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cptrugged wrote: »

If you want to go the revolver rush variation on morde it's best to get at least one component from Sunfire Cape first (if not the whole thing), along with boots 1

Then it just gets stoopid

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I love winning games that we should have by all accounts lost. I was doing terrible with yorick so I said fuck it built full tank and would ult our Caitlin and then make a bee line for malz every fight and chase him away while my team did all the damage. Im still amazed we won , we were getting our asses kicked so hard for 30 minutes.

I had one of those games. Two mirrors in Trynd and Galio. Their Galio had a Morello's tome at like 16 minutes and was 5/1, their TF was 7/0 at 15 min. The enemy TF was so strong early that he was roaming the map, killing at will. Our Trynd gave up first blood before the creeps even spawned. We managed to come back, and the game was still anyone's to take when they surrendered, which was strange. But we were winning team fights by that point so I guess they figured it was over. I rushed an extremely fast thornmail on Galio which made a huge difference for team fights. And we had enough damage by mid game that TF couldn't show his face without getting immediately burst down.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I was not complaining so much as trying to figure out if I have been ostracized for being bad.

You've never invited me, so I've never had an oppty to ignore your invites :P

Also, if you feel like you're "bad" compared to the people you're playing with, you can always find more people to play with. People are playing at a lot of levels within the PA crew

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hmm another thing I have discovered today is I don't like Alistar. Don't like playing against him, don't like playing as him.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I like Alistar as a champion. I like his kit and what he brings to a team. I absolutely hate the people that play him in solo queue. Usually end up having to report them for being extremely bad manner chatty bitches.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hmm another thing I have discovered today is I don't like Alistar. Don't like playing against him, don't like playing as him.

i haven't played him enough to use his kit effectively.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Talith wrote: »
    I like Alistar as a champion. I like his kit and what he brings to a team. I absolutely hate the people that play him in solo queue. Usually end up having to report them for being extremely bad manner chatty bitches.

Ali is played in every ranked game.

Let's make him better!

We hate tanky DPS

Let's make a fuckton of tanky DPS!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    One hour and twenty minute queue.

Oh, EU servers. Split already.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

You've never invited me, so I've never had an oppty to ignore your invites :P

Also, if you feel like you're "bad" compared to the people you're playing with, you can always find more people to play with. People are playing at a lot of levels within the PA crew

I'm not actually that bad. I was just making jokes about no PAers ever accepting my invites. I think I need to just clear my friends list out completely and start over with new people from the thread.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, I have a question:

As Irelia, what options do I have against Fiddlesticks in mid-lane at the start?

Because every Fiddlesticks I go against just pushes me away from the vicinity of the mobs with his crows, and if I poke him? Fear > Drain > I retreat worse for wear than him.

It's really really fucking annoying.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    stun him when he tries to drain you

Jars on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    swap lanes with someone with range or a ranged stun/knock back

Irelia shouldnt lane against fid.

Draygo on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jars wrote: »

I do that but it doesn't seem to help a whole lot. :(
    Draygo wrote: »

And this is what ended up happening. Switched with Anivia and went bottom instead where I felt much more effective but the damage was done - Fids was fed and pretty much carried the entire team the whole match.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    drain taking your health and giving him health should give you a perfect chance to stun him out of it

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

I do that but it doesn't seem to help a whole lot. :(
    Draygo wrote: »

And this is what ended up happening. Switched with Anivia and went bottom instead where I felt much more effective but the damage was done - Fids was fed and pretty much carried the entire team the whole match.

It did not help I had to AFK right at the start to catch my damn dog so we switched later than I would have liked :/

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
This discussion has been closed.