As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Leona delayed, Champion Spotlight videos still dumb

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sometimes I get frustrated playing Warwick, being aggressive early for a low health enemy because my ally doesn't follow me while we're both at full health, or hanging back while my ally tower dives at half health only for the two enemies who didn't die to turn back and get me because I didn't follow him, even though we likely would have both died even if we killed one.

But sometimes.

Sometimes playing Warwick is just really fun.
    goodgame.png

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    warwick is always a good choice now and forever

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    warwick is always a good choice now and forever

My favorite part was when after a teamfight we won I chased down Evelynn who'd gone invisible, but I knew she was somewhere around because I was still getting my blood scent speed. I finally veered into the jungle thinking she might have gone in there when, what's this? She's by the second tower recalling! So I high tail it down there, ult on to her and finish her off while she tries to kite before she can go invisible, got away with about 1/5th of my health left, but we'd basically killed their entire team so I took the time to heal up by stealing their blue.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    +450 point Siphoning Strikes are fun. :3

Tankytank Nasus don't need no +AP/AD to hurt.

Dear god man. How long did the enemy team let you freefarm?

A long time. We had the game in the bag by the start of midgame anyway when our PuG Teemo stopped fucking around on his own and did his job. The game itself lasted about 50 minutes.

Plus Kay is like, our go-to guy when there is a creep build up. I can't explain it, but any character he picks they're just... Gone. And he comes back stronger and more angry and the enemy team crap their drawers and run off.

I was okay with my Irelia result. 14/7/13. I did a lot of stupid death mistakes, but it was hilarious giving Varethius (as Sona) a heart attack when I was being chased on low health and just turn around, Equilibrium Strike for the stun, and bugger off to let the team catch up and gank him. Poor Master Yi.

Myself (Irelia), Italax (Anivia) went bottom lane against a Poppy and a Master Yi. Two dumb deaths on my part but they lead to situations with both a dead Poppy and Master Yi so we really hammered them early game on tower pressure. Anivia and Irelia work really well together - nothing really gets away from that much slowing going on.
    Varethius wrote: »
    We were pretty much just teamfighting in mid. Whenever there was a minion build up in either top or bot we'd alternate sending our tanky Irelia (Dunxco) or our Tanky Nasus (Kay). It was great stuff.

And by god does sona turn fights around. Ammount of times I managed to save someone with Ult + heal + Move buff.

Whee, those games last night were awesome. Need mooooar. I love cleaning up minion spawns as Nasus, like Varethius said, I just come back hungry for more DIVINATION... BY ENTRAILS.

Sona is someone I'd REALLY like to play, at some point. At the moment though, Sivir and Nasus mostly. They really mow down creeps and push well on towers. Starting off with Nasus can be a bit tricky, though. I don't like standing there watching them pick off our minions while I daren't move in for some Q-farming because, well, they're ranged and I hate Caitlyn. LOTS of Caitlyn this past week. Hate.

God, by the end of that game though, I was hitting like a truck. I didn't get any kills until the last ten minutes, though. Then again, I didn't GET killed either. Tanky-Nasus has just the right amount of armour and health to last forevarrrrr. Still working on what I want from the build though, Warmogs are great, but the bonus damage isn't quite as dramatic as I thought it would be unless I hit the Ult. Then pretty much every attack gets about +60 damage, which is nice.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kazaka wrote: »
    I keep liking champs that "fall off late game". I'm sick of it. I want to be relevant at the end when the shit gets real.

There's like one end of the spectrum with Panth who has a good early game and is weak by the end, and I guess Tryndamere who is the king of death 40 minutes in

I want to play more cool cats on the trynd end of the spectrum

NOTE: I said cool cats not stupid dorks so no chump-champs allowed

Now I know this might sound strange, but give Yorick a try.

His buffs make him really shine and his ult is now incredibly useful in team fights or 1v1s. He has great harrass in lane, easy to last hit with his Q, pushes extremely well (almost sivir well imo) and once your attacking a champ you can close the distance easily (Q and W make you inescapable). Hes a solid tanky dps imo and ive had good success with a build that avoids tri force.

Ghost/Teleport with armor pen reds, armor seals and mr blues with speed quints. 9/21/0 masteries

My build typically is manamune, merc treads(sometimes sorc boots, speed boots, dodge boots really depends on enemy comp), giants belt, black cleaver, atmas, either warmogs or frozen mallet, banshees veil but usually doesnt get that far.

Ive been consisitently doing well in games and hes mean in the solo lane or even mid lane. Once you get 600 g recall and tele back with your tear and you can outlast and outharass anyone really. I dont like tri force since it takes forever to build and I feel that straight AD is much more effective in his combos. By Atmas you should have over 300 ad, a good chunk of HP and some sturdy armor. Also in team fights he has 24% damage reduction just from his passive and masteries.

<3 Yorick.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I bought Cass when she came out and am trying to get back into her again. I'm starting to get what to do with her, but my one problem is the ult. I just don't understand it and when to use it.

It has 3 uses:

a) To guarantee a kill on a single target (if they're facing you in miasma, drop it and go nuts - you'll almost certainly get a kill)
    b) Saved as a way to get you away from assassins such as nocturne akali etc - some games you cannot afford to have it on cooldown in team fights unless you can guarantee it will hit certain targets
    c) As a galio / amumu style mass disable

Pick which one you need for the situation and go nuts.
    people vastly overrate annie. ap carries in general are really strong right now, it's why they nerfed deathcap a bit. she's not some huge outlier and a team with malzahar/anivia/karthus is just as strong as a team with annie. I've heard she does have a few bugs with abilities casting twice, but I have yet to see it myself.

Had this happen to me a lot.

here's an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkZ2r5KLgNc

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Top lane Udyr is stupidly strong.

'What's that? You want me out of lane? Too bad; Turtle Stance all day!'

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I really don't see why solo top Udyr is considered overpowered compared to other tanky solo top DPS(especially Irelia & Jarvan), but I've faced only one, as Akali, and he wasn't aggressive pre 6.

zeeny on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm wondering what the significance of 'top lane' means. I mean surely, it depends on which team you're on for jungle-neutral locations, so it can't be that.

What's the difference between top and bottom lanes? (I am still new, be gentle!)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    zeeny wrote: »
    I really don't see why solo top Udyr is considered overpowered compared to other tanky solo top DPS(especially Irelia & Jarvan), but I've faced only one, as Akali, and he wasn't aggressive pre 6.

I would only consider him overpowered if I also considered (old) lanewick overpowered because they fulfill very much the same role. It is nearly impossible to get him out of lane with Turtle stance alone never mind when he gets a wriggles. Between the shield, lifesteal, and movement speed of Bear stance he is nearly impossible to gank and he can poop out damage if he nails you with a stun.

Last game I was solo top against a Brand; I ate a WW ulti plus his Q as well as the full Brand combo including his ultimate. I walked away with half health, life stole back up to full on the next creep wave.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Trus wrote: »

I would only consider him overpowered if I also considered (old) lanewick overpowered because they fulfill very much the same role. It is nearly impossible to get him out of lane with Turtle stance alone never mind when he gets a wriggles. Between the shield, lifesteal, and movement speed of Bear stance he is nearly impossible to gank and he can poop out damage if he nails you with a stun.

You may as well be describing Irelia.

zeeny on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm wondering what the significance of 'top lane' means. I mean surely, it depends on which team you're on for jungle-neutral locations, so it can't be that.

What's the difference between top and bottom lanes? (I am still new, be gentle!)

Dragon control.

zeeny on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So, Zilean. I tried him out for no reason and he seems a very fun support character. The low cooldown slow/haste and his ultimate are particularly useful.

Any reason to not build him AP? Last few games I got a philosopher stone, doran's ring, merc treads, deathcap, and then further armor/magic resist and AP as needed.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Support items are worthless on every support other than Janna and Taric 90% of the time

build Zilean AP
    Build Karma AP
    Build Soraka AP

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So, Zilean. I tried him out for no reason and he seems a very fun support character. The low cooldown slow/haste and his ultimate are particularly useful.

Any reason to not build him AP? Last few games I got a philosopher stone, doran's ring, merc treads, deathcap, and then further armor/magic resist and AP as needed.

It's more than fine building him AP, but don't wait too long to throw in a Banshee.

Edit: Pfff, Support, AP Karma carries like a bitch.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Support items are worthless on every support other than Janna and Taric 90% of the time

build Zilean AP
    Build Karma AP
    Build Soraka AP

shurelia's is a ridiculously good item on karma

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yes, I found him rather magey, too, with AP. Many kills with time bomb. Especially fun was one I set on Tryn during his endless rage. When he whirlwinded back to his base to safety, he was in for an unpleasant surprise.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    people vastly overrate annie. ap carries in general are really strong right now, it's why they nerfed deathcap a bit. she's not some huge outlier and a team with malzahar/anivia/karthus is just as strong as a team with annie. I've heard she does have a few bugs with abilities casting twice, but I have yet to see it myself.

holy hell no.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hey rainbow despair , remember when I told you the buffs were pointless and wouldn't help Yorick at all? Yeah I was completely wrong and an idiot. I concede to your Yorick knowledge. Seriously , I didn't think the passive would help him that much or that his harass would be so godly with a little mana boost. Now I have reason to rock the pentakill skin. On a sad note my teams this morning were fucking terrible except for one. I am now dead even w/l. I wish I had as good a team as my last game always , its so much more enjoyable when you don't have to stress everything.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    shurelia's is a ridiculously good item on karma

I personally hate it but if your team is legit ye

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Shurelia's is funny on Veigar so I can have ghost and flash to get the fuck away from people.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm trying to understand what that "Rage meter" is supposed to do for Trynd and all I'm coming up with is safer jungle, I guess?

zeeny on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It makes him a bit less random in lane, and means he's guaranteed to get something he can heal from even if he isn't getting crits or last hits

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It makes him a bit less random in lane, and means he's guaranteed to get something he can heal from even if he isn't getting crits or last hits

Yeah, as it really punishes you if you don't have a crit runepage.

schuss on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I bought Cass when she came out and am trying to get back into her again. I'm starting to get what to do with her, but my one problem is the ult. I just don't understand it and when to use it.

If I use it at the start of a team fight just after initiation, it puts me too close and I get deaded. But if I use her awesome range most of the time, its like its just sitting there doing noting. Is the range deceiving? It it just a very situational ult? Maybe I'm just too used to Tibbers.

#1: put it on smartcast. the extra ten milliseconds or whatever you would spend aiming the cursor are crucial.
    #2: Cassi's ult is usually extremely weak if your team initiates. It is at it's strongest as a counter-initiation.
    #3: if for some stupid reason 2 or more people are standing in a puddle, ult them. Conversely, if you ult some dudes, make sure to puddle them.
    #4: when that overconfident AP carry that your team has been feeding comes to 1v1 you, murder them.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hey rainbow despair , remember when I told you the buffs were pointless and wouldn't help Yorick at all? Yeah I was completely wrong and an idiot. I concede to your Yorick knowledge. Seriously , I didn't think the passive would help him that much or that his harass would be so godly with a little mana boost. Now I have reason to rock the pentakill skin.

Yeah, he's really good right now.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    sonavictory.png

Sona bringin me outta that funk. Tank aura sona makes bad players win in solo queue <3

Kai_San on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Who is Fancylad? Duder always has LFG in his status message, but never responds to invites. Same goes for almost every Penny Arcade dude on my list. You guys just being an insular community again?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kai_San wrote: »
    sonavictory.png

Sona bringin me outta that funk. Tank aura sona makes bad players win in solo queue <3

Tank aura Sona? Do you just build hard to kill and faceroll your abilities while the rest of your team mops up the kills? This sounds fun.

I'm late to the party, but I'm having so much fun with Jax lately. I didn't have him till Justinsane gave me the CTS skin, but since I've got such a fun skin I have to play him. I'm just frustrated that I'm spending more than rune page's worth of IP on dodge runes that I'll probably never use on any other champ.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm trying to understand what that "Rage meter" is supposed to do for Trynd and all I'm coming up with is safer jungle, I guess?

also provides a visual representation of how strong he is from his buffs rather than having to click him and check how many bloodlust stacks he has

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Dodge runes are a nice alternative for some bruisers , so if you play lots of tanky dps im sure you will get something out of them sides jax.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, get every good aura known to man, Soul Shroud, Aegis, and WotA. I went 0/21/9 masteries and never look back. With blue buff your base damage and heals are pretty damn good, and people tend to like to waste time targetting you because you are a jerk and annoying the shit out of them.

Not to mention with the green aura up and aegis you give your entire team 30ish armor and nearly 40 mr. Thats like a huge ass band aid for thier mistakes.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Who is Fancylad? Duder always has LFG in his status message, but never responds to invites. Same goes for almost every Penny Arcade dude on my list. You guys just being an insular community again?

It's Casual Eddy and the answer is that tons of us are afk all the time.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Tons of people leave "LFG" or "looking for a game" up as their statuses, then go AFK. It's rather annoying.

schuss on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Wait...wat? Is Tryn getting changed to rage instead of just being his normal self? Where's that coming from?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Wait...wat? Is Tryn getting changed to rage instead of just being his normal self? Where's that coming from?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=951916

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Straight from Morello.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Those changes will probably make jungle Trynd much safer.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    that might actually be pretty cool

trynd was like the 3rd champ I bought but I never play him

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2011