As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fail potions and find frog cards in [POTTERMORE]

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    All the talk of wands made me go back and read that stuff (which I think wasn't up when I first went through the chapters, so I might need to go back through it all again).

My wand is 14 inches, which is apparently the longest in the standard range. 8-)

Also dragon, so it's powerful, flamboyant and temperemental (yup), reasonably supple, and cypress (brave and bold - eh, self-sacrificing - yup)

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I am now MahoganyBat8317

bat is mahogany

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yo ravenclaw's winning the cup despite being 20000 students below the third place house

which is how it should be

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm the original MahoganyBat around here.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    yo ravenclaw's winning the cup despite being 20000 students below the third place house

how many of you are buying drugs that hufflepuff is selling

exactly

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It was bad that I found this. I'm not going to get any work at all done. Someone should do a compilation of forumer names so we can all be magic bros.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It kind of sucks that everyone has already figured out the best spell for dueling, and there's never a reason to choose anything else.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I still have one icon locked, hoping its a Quidditch thing and that it along with the other books get here quickly.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I have 12 on my list so far (and my name makes 13)

TrippyJing = BronzeCat25589
    Skull Man = FelicisMarauder6191
    That Dave Fella = FlameRain23950
    Mysst = FlightHawthorn23875
    Gumpy = GoldDream3082
    Radius = HazelNiffler19341
    Goose! = WolfsbaneSickle3997
    Raijin Quickfoot = MahoganyBat28577
    Bucketman = NightMugwump58
    facetious = OakAvis21
    Gatsby = QuaffleShadow13048
    King Riptor = SpellPhoenix31165
    Butler For Life = ThestralSpirit2524

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    It kind of sucks that everyone has already figured out the best spell for dueling, and there's never a reason to choose anything else.

Until more spellbooks get released.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    man how can I decide on a username

they're giving me 4 really good choices here

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Select BugDude1369

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    wish that was an option

alas

• Options
    Write them a strongly worded letter to express your dissatisfaction

I'll find us an Owl to take it to them

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    behold my average wand weiner: VINE WITH UNICORN CORE, ELEVEN AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, UNYIELDING

Unicorn
    Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

Vine
    The druids considered anything with a woody stem as a tree, and vine makes wands of such a special nature that I have been happy to continue their ancient tradition. Vine wands are among the less common types, and I have been intrigued to notice that their owners are nearly always those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. Vine wands seem strongly attracted by personalities with hidden depths, and I have found them more sensitive than any other when it comes to instantly detecting a prospective match. Reliable sources claim that these wands can emit magical effects upon the mere entrance into their room of a suitable owner, and I have twice observed the phenomenon in my own shop.

So I'm gonna have reliable magic to aide me in my quest for a greater purpose, okay I guess

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Also I have the exact same wand as geebs, except mine is an half an inch longer and unyielding.

This is a pretty good sentence.

• Options

It is?

They're in third place at the moment

• Options
    it's how you use it, etc.

• Options
    man I just don't care about harry

when do I get to do my own thing

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »

You shadow the man like some sort of creepy stalker, taking scraps of his own story to serve as your own

(When he does a thing you get to do it too)

• Options
    next up in magical questions

where on earth do I find my shopping list

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »

You shadow the man like some sort of creepy stalker, taking scraps of his own story to serve as your own

(When he does a thing you get to do it too)

So we're all Ron Weasley?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If you put in the Konami code while on your profile page you'll gain access to the unforgivable curses.

• Options
    oh there it is

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    RAVENNNCLAWWWWWW! KA CAW! KA CAW!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9TXVMkQ29g

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    uh bugboy this whole thing is a companion to the books

literally all it is is looking around some pretty drawings of stuff from the books and pixel-hunting items

oh and you can mix potions and you can play EBA spell-casting

but that's mostly it, holmes!

• Options
    hm, cypress and unicorn, 11/5. slightly springy

cypress is supposed to be a wand for noble hero types

I am cool with this

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Yeah this really is only fun for the house and wand stuff

• Options
    I can live with a glorified personality test

• Options
    Hurry up and get your wand

• Options
    slytherin

I was not expecting that

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Slytherin bros.

• Options
    What

What the fuck!!?!?

• Options
    man I knew I should've picked good instead of wise

• Options
    I picked wise and was Ravenclaw

What's your wand

• Options
    who has two thumbs and just brewed a potion

it's me I did it

• Options
    it's RIGHT THERE, BROTHER

• Options
    I just hate Slytherins so much...

• Options
    I knew BB was filled with latent ambition

I knew it

• Options
    I wonder if it was the box I chose

I went for the cool merlin one

and then my house prefect is all SUP DID YOU KNOW THIS IS MERLIN'S HOUSE

and I was all "crap, should've opened the box with the tiny animal in it"