As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    when do those free games go active? I would have thought as soon as the conference ended but nope.

With the normal store update.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    And for those of us living in outside of the US get nothing new with PS Plus.

8->

Uh, the original tweet hyping this up came from the SCEE store manager so there's no chance it's US exclusive.

This Tweet went out during the conference.
    Ross McGrath @drof1337
    Calling all SCEE Plus members! Instant Game Collection is coming to SCEE - not just SCEA - blog post will be coming soon.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Sony (SCEE) today announced an exciting update to PlayStation Plus that guarantees subscribers receive at least three full games a month from a selection of the very best titles from the PlayStation Store. The update will provide users with a wide variety of the hottest titles, at no additional cost.

Starting June 6th, there will be an Instant Game Collection of 10 games to choose from ready to download and play as part of the updated PlayStation Plus subscription, with at least three being updated monthly. The amazing launch line-up includes the brand new Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, as well as Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD, Renegade Ops, Chime Super Deluxe, Outland, Darksiders and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

As part of the 10 games available, there will be a PlayStation Plus Game of the Month. This will change every four weeks and represent the very best PlayStation Store has to offer, including brand new download-only games and Digital Blu-rays.

Additionally, as part of their subscription, members will have access to three digital Blu-ray blockbuster titles from SCEE – inFamous 2, MotorStorm: Apocalypse and LittleBigPlanet 2.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/05/scee-details-euro-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/

Good to see I'll get VF5 for free but I already have or have played most of those games. Space Marine's the only other one I'm remotely interested in.

Edit: The press release makes it a lot clearer. Three games will be permanently on the list (LBP2, Infamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse), while the others will change.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Cool, I was going to buy Motorstorm. I guess now I don't have to.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I bought Motorstorm Apoc last week. I bought Infamous 2 yesterday. Off the US store no less. And I bought LBP2 the week before. My timing stinks.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Even though I really like the PS+ service it does continue to slightly annoy me that stuff I already have keeps getting offered free.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Okay, that actually sounds pretty cool. Maybe now I'll have people to play LBP2 with. :P

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I bought Motorstorm Apoc last week. I bought Infamous 2 yesterday. Off the US store no less. And I bought LBP2 the week before. My timing stinks.

At least you actually own them though. That's basically the one thing at this point keeping me from subscribing to get those games. I know I can find them cheaper later if I want to anyway.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    PS+ Update blogs are up. Here's the SCEA one and here's the SCEE one. SCEA has 12 games from the start but only updates their list every 16 weeks, while SCEE has 10 games and updates every 12 weeks.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    If you haven't already I advise to get PS Home setup as when the Dust 514 space goes live, you will be able to get a full beta key if you are one of the first 10,000 visitors to it.

EDIT: I'm pleased there are a few things on the EU list that I want. Hope all 4 one makes its way over as that could be fun with PA people.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Amazing list of freebies for the US for someone just starting with a PS3 - kind of bummed that Motorstorm and Oddworld didn't make it on our side of the ocean though. Haven't heard of Zombie Apocalypse or Sideway NY and don't know how Choplifter turned out but otherwise a great lineup. My son went nuts over hearing LBP2 for free (we only have 1) and Ratchet and Clank is a nice surprise too.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Is there any way to access the European content from an American account? I'm guessing not, and I am definitely happy with the selection... but man, Outland and Motorstorm!

• Options
    Sideway's a really cool sidescroller, so I'd recommend checking it out. And LBP2 is a HUGE improvement over the original, I expect you'll enjoy it. Don't delete any old LBP1 DLC by the way, it all transfers over to LBP2.

And yeah Adda, All 4 One's the one game on the US list that I really wish was on ours. Mainly because I want to play it but considering how mediocre it's meant to be, don't want to actually spend money on it. I suspect enough people will request it that it'll appear in the next list (which is apparently next month? It sounds like the first change will be early).

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Not to system bash - but since I completely flipped from 360 to PS3 so recently I have to say this is a great example of why I'm so much happier with my PS3.

I felt trapped with Live Gold - if I wanted to use my system to stream Netflix I had to pay for it, despite rarely playing online multiplayer titles. I got angry when I had to pay my yearly renewal.

I fully expected to not buy Plus (in fact I told my wife the PS3 would save us $60ish a year) but now I want to keep paying a service fee because they are showing me actual value for my money.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Not to system bash - but since I completely flipped from 360 to PS3 so recently I have to say this is a great example of why I'm so much happier with my PS3.

I felt trapped with Live Gold - if I wanted to use my system to stream Netflix I had to pay for it, despite rarely playing online multiplayer titles. I got angry when I had to pay my yearly renewal.

I fully expected to not buy Plus (in fact I told my wife the PS3 would save us $60ish a year) but now I want to keep paying a service fee because they are showing me actual value for my money.

I have both consoles, and save for MGS Peace Walker with a friend, I have pretty much been swayed over. I find no reason to keep paying for Gold.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So are Canadians getting this too?

• Options

Despite feeling like I've been shafted for buying Infamous 2 on PSN less than 24 hours ago, I still feel so much happier with my PS3 too. Though I'm a little concern since Just Cause 2 froze on me D:

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Not only do I not own any of those games but I sold LBP2 and All4One when they were packed in my Black Friday bundle!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The PS3 is my favorite console.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Bought a PSN+ card today at the store.

Store keeps giving me an error after entering it.

WTF.

• Options
    I keep getting signed out for no apparent reason.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Just to reiterate:

When you get a "free" game on PS+, it's only yours as long as you maintain your PS+ subscription. When the subscription runs out, you can't play it anymore.

Games bought with a PS+ discount are yours regardless of your subscription, though.

Renzo on
  • Options
    oh hey. Sony's customer service wont even answer the phone with a machine. It just keeps ringing indefinitely.

Awesome.

• Options
    I'm currently inside Home's E3 space doing awful missions to access the dust area, so much advertising.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I want my new free games right noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow </entitled_bitch>

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    well youre in luck, because the update is live now

• Options
    YAY \o/

Now if only the family will stop watching films and lemme at the free stuff.

• Options
    Dont think the eu update is live til tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    all 4 one is 14gb, jeez. pretty excited about trying out just cause 2 too, its been on my list for a while.

• Options
    Yeah, it's not up yet.

• Options
    Yeah, it's not up yet.

If you're bored I'd recommend trying to burn through the Home E3 booth quest and Dust 514 area to get a beta key if they've not all gone already.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Adda wrote: »
    Dont think the eu update is live til tomorrow.

I bought the PS+ sub for the US store too so I could get the Ultimate bundles. Also because I'm a fucking idiot who needs a big slap.

• Options
    Yeah, it's not up yet.

If you're bored I'd recommend trying to burn through the Home E3 booth quest and Dust 514 area to get a beta key if they've not all gone already.

I am not going to install Home.
    :rotate:

• Options
    if youre looking for the new stuff, the storefront hasnt updated yet but its all there if you manually search for it. i hate this weird limbo update, but whatever. got a shitload of free games queued up!

• Options
    Awesome. so thanks to that I missed out on the Free games available earlier today.

Thanks Sony.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm currently inside Home's E3 space doing awful missions to access the dust area, so much advertising.

All told, this shit took me 2 hours. There is some awful tactical mini-game you have to play and it says you have to win a game so I did so through multi where the two of us agreed to gang up on the 3 cpu players. That game took 30 minutes D:

EDIT: I tried to win the game solo for nearly an hour.

It's possible you didnt have to win as @Louie got his beta key even though he suicided to me at the end.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I downloaded everything but All4One and LBP2. Now I just have to install everything which will take almost as long.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    just throwing this out there, but space marine is real fun. especially for free. i think that game got a bad rap. its definitely worth checking out, if anyones wondering if the time investment is worth it.

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    I downloaded everything but All4One and LBP2. Now I just have to install everything which will take almost as long.

I would recommend activating them, even if you don't download them. You will then have them on account to download later if necessary.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    just throwing this out there, but space marine is real fun. especially for free. i think that game got a bad rap. its definitely worth checking out, if anyones wondering if the time investment is worth it.

Space Marine is great when you only pay €15 for it, so it must be fantastic for free.