As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    Yeah, WipEout and the Deathspank games are over $10 I believe. Sorry about that... I didn't take the $11 as a hard limit but as $11 that could go towards any games.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Yeah I might just hold on to it since I'm not in dire need of a game, given the new shit they're throwing at me right now :p

Also this. Note the date of these purchases. THE NIGHT BEFORE THEY GO FREE.

TuRBa.jpg

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Damn Isy. You've got pretty shitty timing. :P

• Options
    I did that with Steam too, buying The Orange Pack hours before it goes on a daily deal, the Christmas sale before last.

• Options
    Ah poo. Darksiders is 10GB. Stupid download cap..

• Options
    I just popped downstairs and I got everything downloaded and installed from both US and PAL stores :D

Save for saints row 2, PC version is superior. I was gonna leave Just Cause 2 as well but the youtube recording was just too much to pass up.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    bficky wrote: »
    Yeah, WipEout and the Deathspank games are over $10 I believe. Sorry about that... I didn't take the $11 as a hard limit but as $11 that could go towards any games.

Journey and Dead Nation are also $15.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Number 1 rule of steam club....NEVER....buy anything not on sale.

But at least the PS3 games, they're actually your games.
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I just popped downstairs and I got everything downloaded and installed from both US and PAL stores :D

Save for saints row 2, PC version is superior. I was gonna leave Just Cause 2 as well but the youtube recording was just too much to pass up.

Really? I literally heard the complete opposite as in the PC version of SR2 is like the worst port of any game ever.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    It is but the joy of PC gaming is that mods fix everything. @idolninja released a crazy good mod that fixed it for the vast majority if people.

• Options
    I couldn't get SR2 to run properly even with all that stuff.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Good lord, I played SR2 for a bit...
    It looks so fucking ugly on the PS3, good thing I got it free. And performance is bad, too, I thought it was gonna be a tradeoff. PC looks a LOT better and after Idolninja's patch is installed, runs a LOT better too.

Welp, hope the other games look purdier.

I went ahead and claimed everything that I was interested in, but if there was a PC version I didn't bother downloading it. I guess I claimed the PS3 versions just in case of some weird computer apocalypse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    So SCEE have put a bunch of games on sale without actually bothering to promote it. Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, CoD BLOPS and Tekken 6 PSP are all on sale. Also a few of the LBP packs are on sale as well, including the MGS and Pirates of the Caribbean level packs, which are compatible with LBP2 (don't bother with the other "Level Kits", they're not actual levels).

Also, there's a ton of E3 trailers up.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    I am not enjoying Motorstorm Apocalypse very much. The cars don't handle very well.
    I am enjoying Marvel Pinball however. :P

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Huh, they're offering AC3 preorders. I wonder when it'll unlock. If it's midnight on the day, because... I could get behind that.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    How long does that deal on all the free games last? I might buy up a card today and sign up.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    So SCEE have put a bunch of games on sale without actually bothering to promote it. Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, CoD BLOPS and Tekken 6 PSP are all on sale. Also a few of the LBP packs are on sale as well, including the MGS and Pirates of the Caribbean level packs, which are compatible with LBP2 (don't bother with the other "Level Kits", they're not actual levels).

Is this just on the SCEE PSN for the trailers? I'm too lazy to turn on my PS3 to find out. Also, why does the PSVita PSN only show 3 videos for E3. I know it is probably because they are the only Vita related ones, but it is PSN not PSVitaN. I feel like I should be able to watch all sony related E3 videos on a PSN enabled device...maybe I'm asking too much. Perhaps they will patch it in with PSOne support in the next firmware..

Also,
    Allforce wrote: »
    How long does that deal on all the free games last? I might buy up a card today and sign up.

This. I would like to know this as well. Never had/looked into/cared for PS+ much. So yeah, an answer would be appreciated.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular

Same here as well, I convinced my wife that this is a good idea, but it can't be executed until the end of the month.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    b1rdman wrote: »

Is this just on the SCEE PSN for the trailers? I'm too lazy to turn on my PS3 to find out. Also, why does the PSVita PSN only show 3 videos for E3. I know it is probably because they are the only Vita related ones, but it is PSN not PSVitaN. I feel like I should be able to watch all sony related E3 videos on a PSN enabled device...maybe I'm asking too much. Perhaps they will patch it in with PSOne support in the next firmware..

Nope, there are E3 trailers on the SCEA store as well. And the second part is because Sony are stupid. You can put any 720p or lower video on the Vita, so there's no legit reason why they can't just put almost all the PS3 videos on the Vita. Though I should probably point out that downloading Vita trailers on the PS3 will result in that stupid Vita border around the video, so it doesn't even make sense to download the trailer to your PS3 and then transfer it to Vita.

As for the PS+ deal length, I believe SCEA will change 2 or 3 of them each month, so you'll get new games added but they won't change the entire list. From the sounds of things, SCEE will instead rotate the entire list every 3 months, which will apparently result in it getting more games than the SCEA store by this time next year. At least that's the way I think it works, the differences between SCEA and SCEE are often confusing and stupid, so I probably got something wrong.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I think it's worth mentioning again:

The free games are only yours as long as you have a subscription to PS+.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    I think it's worth mentioning again:

The free games are only yours as long as you have a subscription to PS+.

As many times as it's been mentioned, not just in this thread, but the E3 keynote thread, and every comments section under every online article regarding the Plus Digital Games Library, and often in the body of the article as well, I feel like anyone who buys a 3-month card hoping to keep these games forever deserve their rude awakening.

• Options
    David_T wrote: »
    Huh, they're offering AC3 preorders. I wonder when it'll unlock. If it's midnight on the day, because... I could get behind that.

I forgot to reply to this in my last post but yeah, SCEE added pre-orders a few weeks back and they basically work the same way Steam does. A week or two before launch, they let you pre-load the game onto your PS3 and then at midnight launch day, they unlock.

• Options
    So no idea how long this set of games will be up before they move on?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So no idea how long this set of games will be up before they move on?

A Month. Some of the 12 titles will be removed (from the OFFER, not from the collections of each active subscriber), others will be added, a few will stay.

IMO, 50 bucks an year for 12 good games (plus about 3 new ones every month) is a steal.

ALso, SR2 can be hard to make work on some systems, but when it works, it's a billion times prettier and smoother than the PS3 version. It seems the 360 version is the best one technically-wise, overall (not considering the Gentlemen of the Row mod, that makes the game a lot more fun). The PS3 version looks like something barely better than a PS2.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I went ahead and bought a card, just FYI but a lot of the cards Sony gave out from E3 conference are on eBay for sale, I paid 30 bucks for a year and got the code emailed within a few minutes. That guy in particular seems to have dozens and is just throwing them out there at 30 bucks for Buy It Now

• Options
    SejarkiSejarki Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    IMO, 50 bucks an year for 12 good games (plus about 3 new ones every month) is a steal.

Yeah. This deal's pretty much impossible for me to not pick up, I've put off getting Little Big Planet 2 for far too long and I doubt I'll play it much three months from now anyway. And even if I do want to play it more I can just resub to Plus.

Sony knows what they're doing.

Sejarki on
  • Options
    histronichistronic Registered User regular
    Hey guys, just got a PS3 recently, please add me to the OP (histronic/rlinkmanl/USA/yes). Got paid today and am thinking about getting I Am Alive or Journey, any recommendations?

WiiU Friend Code: rlinkmanl
    PSN: rlinkmanl
  • Options
    I went ahead and went in for a full year. I'm kinda curious how the auto-download of patches works. Specifically, how the system knows which patches to download. Does it determine your game collection based on your save files?

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I went ahead and went in for a full year. I'm kinda curious how the auto-download of patches works. Specifically, how the system knows which patches to download. Does it determine your game collection based on your save files?

Based on game data utility on the system, slightly different to save files.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Adda wrote: »
    Based on game data utility on the system, slightly different to save files.

I actually like that better. I tend to keep all my save files, even if I get rid of a game, but I get rid of the game data. If it were based on save files, it would probably download a couple dozen unneeded patches.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    histronic wrote: »
    Hey guys, just got a PS3 recently, please add me to the OP (histronic/rlinkmanl/USA/yes). Got paid today and am thinking about getting I Am Alive or Journey, any recommendations?

Journey is fantastic. I'd play the I Am Alive demo first before buying it. If you get Journey, play it in one sitting. It's about an hour and a half long.

SkyTurnsRed on
  • Options
    Here's a question since I'm new to PS+, if I don't want to download a full game right NOW but I do want it in my download history is "Add To Cart" going to accomplish that? Basically I have no intention of playing Infamous 2 right now but I don't want to miss out when it gets taken off the service but I also don't want 14 GB just being taken up for no good reason at this time.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm starting to realize my hard drive is not big enough.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Here's a question since I'm new to PS+, if I don't want to download a full game right NOW but I do want it in my download history is "Add To Cart" going to accomplish that? Basically I have no intention of playing Infamous 2 right now but I don't want to miss out when it gets taken off the service but I also don't want 14 GB just being taken up for no good reason at this time.

add it to your cart, then go to your cart and confirm purchase. once you do that its in your history, even if you dont download it immediately.

• Options
    Thanks! Man for 30 bucks I just got a shit ton of content. And they update all this every month right?

• Options
    Journey is fantastic. I'd play the I Am Alive demo first before buying it. If you get Journey, play it in one sitting. It's about an hour and a half long.

I think Journey has a demo too. It's not so much a game as it is an interactive art ... thing. I probably wouldn't have bought it had the demo been released when the game was. It's extremely well-made, and veryone here seems to love it, but I don't think it's for everyone.

• Options
    I've yeet to meet someone who wasn't enthralled by Journey. I'm sure there are people out there but most of them see its not for them and avoid it. I absolutely adored it.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Just finished Journey. Wow. Loved it. Will play it again soon, I think.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I'm so so glad I didn't waste the money on Journey. My brother in law did (a week early even) and I happened to be dog sitting a few days later. 3 hours I'll never have back but a few dollars richer.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    This week's update made me super-glad I went to Fry's a few years ago and replaced my 40GB harddrive with a 320GB one for $75.

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Options
    I have a 320GB hdd standard, I still feel its not enough.