As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Looking forward to trying out Space Marine & Infamous 2.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    a;so, we should get some multi going for it, its always better when you got friends to save your ass..... And then kill you.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Can you buy just 1 month of PS Plus like you can with Live?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    You can buy 3 months, I know since thats what I did to get the cheap bundles. But remember that the 'free' games are no longer yours again when the subscription runs out.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    they also don't disappear from your account either; if you start paying again you get the stuff from the last time you subscribed.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was just thinking a month would be enough time to beat infamous 2.

• Options
    they also don't disappear from your account either; if you start paying again you get the stuff from the last time you subscribed.

Oh wow, I thought they vanished. Loving it all the more.

• Options
    You can't play them when not a member though, just redownload them if you reup.

• Options
    Oh I get that, I just think its neat that its not an all or nothing type deal. That the offer remains there for you. And I love that the discounts, they're great. Still not quite as low as the retail versions in most cases, but when you throw in dlc it works out about the same.

• Options
    sometimes the discounts get really fucking big. I didn't redeem my free month of plus until the big FF game sale a little while ago and if you combine a price drop, the ff sale, and the ps+ sale some of those games were EIGHTY PERCENT off.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Yadda yadda Update post.
    Playstation Plus

Free Games: Virtua Fighter 5
    inFAMOUS 2
    Little Big Planet 2
    Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
    Just Cause 2
    Saints Row 2
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    Hard Corp: Uprising
    Choplifter HD
    Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
    Sideway NY
    Updates

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Ps3 Full Game) – Price Change (PS3) (now $29.99, original price $39.99)
    Final Fantasy Iv: The Complete Collection Digital – Price Change (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
    Hamsterball (Sale) (PSP) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Digital) (Price Change) (PS Vita) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
    Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (PSP Digital) (Price Change) (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
    M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – Minis (Price Change) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $1.49)
    Need For Speed: The Run (Price Change) (PS3 Full Game) (PS3) (now $29.99, original price $39.99)
    Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (Sale) (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Sale) (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (Sale) (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Smash Cars (Sale) (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Wakeboarding Hd (Sale) (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)

-(PS3) BANG BANG RACING ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Madagascar 3: The Video Game ($39.99)
    -(PS3) LittleBigPlanet 2 ($39.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for BANG BANG RACING, The Pinball Arcade and Sorcery

-(Bundles) Icon’S 5-In-1 Minis Collection ($4.99)
    -(Bundles) Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete Edition ($29.99)

-(Vita) Demo for The Pinball Arcade

So, Sorcery has a demo now that will likely do absolutely nothing for sales but hey, it's there. Also the free games. Have at it.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just thinking a month would be enough time to beat infamous 2.

three months costs $18. thats cheaper than buying infamous 2, plus theres those other games too, plus whatever games they put on there for a next couple months. not a bad chunk of gaming for the price.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Play Infamous 2 with Move if you have one. Lots of fun (imo) and better aiming.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

Play Infamous 2 with Move if you have one. Lots of fun (imo) and better aiming.

I didn't even know it supported Move...

Anyway, a ridiculous treasure trove of free swank today. Especially pleased by the free VF5: Final Showdown. I never delved deep into VF, but now seems as good a time as any.

We got a PSN tag list for that game? Wouldn't mind adding some peeps for some sparring lessons.

Also, what's the extra (paid) content supposed to be? It just says something about character customization.

• Options
    I think its just outfits and whatnot. Like what they did with Tekken Dark Resurrection.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I would very much enjoy it if the free stuff went up on my store now. :(

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Hmmm getting the whole Sly HD Collection for about $15 is very tempting.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Just to double check: If your PS+ subscription runs out, you still have access to every game you downloaded, right? You're not locked out of any games or multiplayer featuers?

• Options
    You're only locked out of games that you got for free. I think.

• Options
    Just to double check: If your PS+ subscription runs out, you still have access to every game you downloaded, right? You're not locked out of any games or multiplayer featuers?

The free games are locked out but the ones you buy at the discounted rates are fine and dandy. The free ones are unlocked the second you resub to PS+ and honestly, its a good service to keep.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

$15 went to my impulse buy list. I always wanted to play the series and never got around to it.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Yeah same here. I've been thinking of picking it up at the store, but it'd be a good $30-40 at retail.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Games are up on the EU store now.

Really excited about playing Stranger's Wrath.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Here's the main PAL Update:
    PlayStation Plus
    Free games:

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
    Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
    Renegade Ops
    Chime Super Deluxe
    Outland
    Darksiders
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.
    inFamous 2
    MotorStorm: Apocalypse
    LittleBigPlanet 2.

PS3 Games
    FIFA 12 and UEFA EURO 2012 Bundle - Price: £47.99,€59.99
    Availability: Not available in AU,IN,IL,KW,NZ,QT,SA,ZA,AE.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Price: £9.99,€12.99,AU$19.99
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete Edition - Price: £19.99,€24.99,AU$39.95

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Football Bundle - Price: £9.69,€11.99,AU$15.75
    Availability: Not available in ZA

PS2
    Shellshock Nam ’67 - Prices: £5.49,€6.99,AU$11.45
    Availability: Not available in Germany

minis
    Farm Frenzy Pizza Party - Prices: £3.49,€3.99
    Availability: Not available in Australia and New Zealand

PS3 DLC
    Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice Of Arland - Hanna (Prices: £3.19,€3.99,AU$6.95)

Dragon’s Dogma - From A Different Sky – Part 3 (Prices: £0.79,€0.99,AU$1.75)

Dynasty Warriors 7 - Original Costume Pack 6-9 (Prices (each pack): £3.99,€4.99,AU$8.45) Availability: Not available in New Zealand

Rock Band 3 & Network - Availability: Not available in BL,HR,CZ,GR,HU,IN,IL,KU,LU,QA.RM,SA,SI,ZA,TR,UA

Ridge Racer – x2 DLC (£1.19/€1.49/AU$2.45 – £1.99/€2.49, AU$4.25)

Soul Calibur V – x2 DLC (£1.59,€1.99,AU$3.45 -£1.99, €2.49, AU$4.25)

Street Fighter X Tekken – x12 DLC (Free -£13.99, €17.99, AU$27.95)

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - Prices: (£3.69, €4.49, AU$6.25 – £9.99, €12.99, AU$19.95)

AFL Live - AFL Live 2012 Update Pack (Prices: AU $14.95) Availability: AU only

Obviously with the focus on PS+ this week, there's not much going on aside from that.
    So go get some free(ish) games, they're nearly all worth a look.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    I honestly think PAL did better with the free games.

• Options
    We got less free games. No saints row 2, Guardian of light and Just Cause 2 for us PAL folks. Its still a fantastic lineup though.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It was a toss up for me. I'm thrilled to get Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2 but I would have loved Oddworld and Motorstorm as well.

• Options
    I honestly think PAL did better with the free games.

Agreed. They got fewer games but the overall quality is higher.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh I thought you yanks got motorstorm, my bad. Yeah i think we pip the lead then.

I'm Gonna have to trade in this copy of Apocalypse tomorrow. Haven't even played it LOL.

Before I forget again, I have $11 in the PSN wallet, any recommendations?

Big Classy on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

$15 went to my impulse buy list. I always wanted to play the series and never got around to it.

Oh those are the HD collection versions? I assumed they were just PS2 originals.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular

Oh those are the HD collection versions? I assumed they were just PS2 originals.

The first one is the best. Playing just as Sly and not as the other guys was good.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'll trade you guys SR2 and JC2 for Oddworld and Motorstorm. :P

I am excited we got infamous 2 and all 4 one though.

I guess you can't get it all.

anoffday on
  • Options
    demonfalldowndemonfalldown Registered User regular
    Something to keep in mind is that any game that you download that comes in the form of a Demo and Unlock Key will permanently be unlocked on your system you just can't redownload them after plus runs out but they will still play.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote: »

Anyone?

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular

Anyone?

I hear Journey is fantastic, but a little short. Haven't tried it personally.
    Critter Crunch is probably my favorite PSN game, but it's pretty old if that matters to you.
    Check out the demos for the Pixeljunk games. They're all very well made if those types of games (tower defense, dual stick shooter, etc.) interest you.
    WipEout HD if you like fast futuristic racing. Really pretty. Gets damn difficult though.
    I liked the Deathspank games more than most people it seems. I think there are demos for those.
    I got Super Stardust and Dead Nation for free because of the PSN outage and surprisingly liked them both a lot. Not sure if the fact that they were free had anything to do with that or not.

Check out the OP for other recommendations and download some demos.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Cheers buddy. I completely forgot about WipeOut HD, I thought it was $20 or something. I need more racing games!

• Options
    I still have $29.70 in my wallet. :P

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Have you checked out the Motostorm RC? It even has a demo you can try out before you buy it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Good lord, I played SR2 for a bit...
    It looks so fucking ugly on the PS3, good thing I got it free. And performance is bad, too, I thought it was gonna be a tradeoff. PC looks a LOT better and after Idolninja's patch is installed, runs a LOT better too.

Welp, hope the other games look purdier.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bficky wrote: »

Anyone?

I hear Journey is fantastic, but a little short. Haven't tried it personally.
    Critter Crunch is probably my favorite PSN game, but it's pretty old if that matters to you.
    Check out the demos for the Pixeljunk games. They're all very well made if those types of games (tower defense, dual stick shooter, etc.) interest you.
    WipEout HD if you like fast futuristic racing. Really pretty. Gets damn difficult though.
    I liked the Deathspank games more than most people it seems. I think there are demos for those.
    I got Super Stardust and Dead Nation for free because of the PSN outage and surprisingly liked them both a lot. Not sure if the fact that they were free had anything to do with that or not.

Check out the OP for other recommendations and download some demos.

A lot of those are over $11.

All of the PS2 Classics are $10 so check those and see if any interest you. For example, Persona 3: FES is really good & I've heard great things about Godhand.