As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Official I hate [Final Fantasy]Thread. Unlike 13-2, has an ending.

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Games attributed to Toriyama, according to Wikipedia:

Bahamut Lagoon : Story event planner
    Final Fantasy VII: Event planner, "Submarine Chase Section" planner
    Racing Lagoon: Scenario writer
    Final Fantasy X : Director (event)
    Final Fantasy X-2: Director
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings: Director, scenario writer
    The World Ends With You: Special thanks
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King : Scenario writer
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Scenario supervisor
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord: Scenario writer
    Blood of Bahamut: Director, scenario writer, event planner
    Final Fantasy XIII: Director, scenario designer
    Front Mission Evolved: Lead scenario writer
    The 3rd Birthday : Scenario writer
    Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy: Special thanks
    Imaginary Range : Supervisor
    Final Fantasy XIII-2: Director, scenario designer

Yeah... I'm gonna say let him keep working. The majority of that list are all super games.

I am so sorry he touched you in a bad way with The Third Birthday. But it was one fucking game. Get over it already dude. Or keep it to yourself, because nobody appears to give a shit.

It's great that people like his games. More power to them. But according to that list, I'm okay with this guy dying so someone else can take a stab at it.

I guess he could retire or quit, instead of dying. Either way.

A bit much.

But I can sympathize with Snuggs on the guy now. I wouldn't wanna be tied to those roles for any of those games.

• Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    Games attributed to Toriyama, according to Wikipedia:

Bahamut Lagoon : Story event planner
    Final Fantasy VII: Event planner, "Submarine Chase Section" planner
    Racing Lagoon: Scenario writer
    Final Fantasy X : Director (event)
    Final Fantasy X-2: Director
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings: Director, scenario writer
    The World Ends With You: Special thanks
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King : Scenario writer
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Scenario supervisor
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord: Scenario writer
    Blood of Bahamut: Director, scenario writer, event planner
    Final Fantasy XIII: Director, scenario designer
    Front Mission Evolved: Lead scenario writer
    The 3rd Birthday : Scenario writer
    Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy: Special thanks
    Imaginary Range : Supervisor
    Final Fantasy XIII-2: Director, scenario designer

Yeah... I'm gonna say let him keep working. The majority of that list are all super games.

I am so sorry he touched you in a bad way with The Third Birthday. But it was one fucking game. Get over it already dude. Or keep it to yourself, because nobody appears to give a shit.

It's great that people like his games. More power to them. But according to that list, I'm okay with this guy dying so someone else can take a stab at it.

XIII-2 exonerated him, personally. Just have him take a few writing courses next time.

• Options
    UnderwhelmingUnderwhelming myMomIsTheJam July 13, 2013 Registered User regular

Wow, that's pretty fucked up. Maybe you should see a psychiatrist about that.

I guess I can be a bit over the top. That may be indicative of something. Lemme try again:

I haven't liked a Final Fantasy since 9. I wish someone else was making them. I've ruled out a general dislike of changing times because I enjoy plenty of current iterations of long-running franchises. If they want to be all modern and hip with it, that's cool, but they shouldn't neglect the roots and the storytelling. And fix all the horrible acting.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    damn it the excitement for this game makes me need to get back to playing XIII so I can move on to this one. I'm in chapter 9 and
    everyone just got back together and now it's like 8 platforms away from fighting some kind of space pope but those platforms have groups of enemies that will murder the shit out of me now matter what I'm doing with my paradigms.

I may be under leveled for that area. no idea

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

I guess I can be a bit over the top. That may be indicative of something. Lemme try again:

I haven't liked a Final Fantasy since 9. I wish someone else was making them. I've ruled out a general dislike of changing times because I enjoy plenty of current iterations of long-running franchises. If they want to be all modern and hip with it, that's cool, but they shouldn't neglect the roots and the storytelling. And fix all the horrible acting.

And what exactly is so bad with the way they're doing things at the moment, swapping development teams between installments? You realise the FFIX team developed FFXII, right? And that they'll currently be working on FFXV (assuming Versus isn't renamed anyway, which it should but that's an entirely different matter). Or do you think Ito (FFVI co-director with Kitase and IX/XII director) should die/quit/retire as well?

No-one's forcing you to play Final Fantasy's or post in this thread for that matter, so I don't see why on earth you'd post childish shit like "XIII-2 is my Don't Give a Shit of the Year olol" just because it doesn't match what YOU want. Guess what, no-one cares, XIII-2 is a really good game regardless of what you say.

Anyway, I set the game to grind the slots for a couple of hours and lucked upon the Lucky Coin fragment right when I checked on it. Originally I intended on trying to get the fragment and 10k trophy in one go but screw it, even when I got the fragment I was down 2k from where I start and the Chocobo races are a MUCH easier way of earning coins.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    damn it the excitement for this game makes me need to get back to playing XIII so I can move on to this one. I'm in chapter 9 and
    everyone just got back together and now it's like 8 platforms away from fighting some kind of space pope but those platforms have groups of enemies that will murder the shit out of me now matter what I'm doing with my paradigms.

I may be under leveled for that area. no idea

Kill the Destroyers first. You shouldn't have too many problems with those guys but check and see if you can go back outside (if you're where I think you are) as enemies tend to be easier out there. However, once you can kill the packs of guards in the area I think you're in, it's not really a bad thing to spend a bit of time there since they can drop items that sell well for a bit of money, which never hurts since gil is a pain in the ass to come by in XIII. CP and Gil = win/win.

A good rule of thumb for most of XIII when you're nearing the end of a chapter to tell if you're underleveled or not is "have I maxed out my Crystarium board for this tier? (for your three main roles on a character)" and if yes, you should be good to go, if no, grind a bit. Typically not avoiding any fights should max you out every chapter without really any effort at all. If you're maxed and still having problems, yeah...I dunno...take another look at your paradigms and remember to abuse the "free" atb gauge for swapping paradigms frequently. Know when attacks are coming and keep a good SEN/MED/SYN (at least SEN/MED) paradigm near your regular damage ones to quickly swap out for large incoming attacks.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited February 2012
    yeah... the last few chapters I've just ran past a lot of encounters because the areas where so easy. then all of a sudden I hit this wall of probably being underleveled.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Anyone seen any good monster guides? I just picked up a Flanitor and a big robot (**edit** - Dragoon. This thing is awesome) from the Augusta Tower and they're so much better than what I had before that I wonder if I've been gimping myself by not actively seeking out better monsters...

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I'm not entirely certain I know what I'm doing in combat yet.
    I feel horrible just hitting the Auto-chain ability, but I can't tell if any of my abilities actually do more damage than any of the others. I have some sort of a robot that seems like it's acting as a tank for me though, so that's kinda cool.

• Options
    I realise I have no idea how Infusion works. I realised you could infuse passive abilities but I didn't realise you could infuse actual spells - which I guess means I should be levelling up monsters even if I'm not using them, in order to feed them to the guys I do use?

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    I feel horrible just hitting the Auto-chain ability, but I can't tell if any of my abilities actually do more damage than any of the others. I have some sort of a robot that seems like it's acting as a tank for me though, so that's kinda cool.

So for combat in XIII/-2, it is not really about choosing single abilities that do the most damage, sounds silly, I know. Once you've fought the monster a few time/cast Libra, your auto chain will pick the most favorible ability. The most important thing is staggering the enemies.

You may have noticed when attacking the monsters (with RAV), that the stagger bar goes up, but then rapidly falls. To avoid that fall, you need to hit the monster with a COM. That will greatly slow the rate of decay of the stagger bar, enabling your RAVs to make progress toward staggering the monster.

I would say, for most random encounters (especially when learning the game) COM/RAV/RAV is a great go-to paradigm. If you have a SEN/COM/RAV or COM/RAV/MED on all the time, you have a "wasted" slot for most fights.

What are SEN and MED for then, you may ask. They are to display the dynamic nature of the paradigm system. When you need healing, swap your COM/RAV/RAV for SEN/MED/MED. This will very quickly get everone back up to full, and you can swap back to COM/RAV/RAV.

SYN and SAB will certainly make your life easier as well, but, like MED and SEN are for focused purposes. Start a fight with a rough monster? SEN/SYN/SAB to buff/debuff, then maybe SEN/MED/MED to heal up, and on to COM/RAV/RAV to decimate the foes.

The paradigm system makes for some pretty crazy fight strategies, and is certainly the high point of the XIII/-2 for me.

• Options
    EvilRedEyeEvilRedEye Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:

The Commando role does damage, the Ravager role does some damage but is mainly about increasing the chain gauge and staggering enemies so you can do super damage. You can use R1 (on PS3) to bring up the information screen and see what weaknesses your enemy has. Some are more resistant or less resistant to physical attacks or magic. In terms of elemental weaknesses, your characters automatically use what's most effective, but your monster won't necessarily have a wide spread of elemental magic so it might not be able to take advantage of elemental weaknesses. You can use the infuse feature to add to a monster's complement of spells.

Gone.
  • Options
    ForceVoid wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:

So for combat in XIII/-2, it is not really about choosing single abilities that do the most damage, sounds silly, I know. Once you've fought the monster a few time/cast Libra, your auto chain will pick the most favorible ability. The most important thing is staggering the enemies.

You may have noticed when attacking the monsters (with RAV), that the stagger bar goes up, but then rapidly falls. To avoid that fall, you need to hit the monster with a COM. That will greatly slow the rate of decay of the stagger bar, enabling your RAVs to make progress toward staggering the monster.

I would say, for most random encounters (especially when learning the game) COM/RAV/RAV is a great go-to paradigm. If you have a SEN/COM/RAV or COM/RAV/MED on all the time, you have a "wasted" slot for most fights.

What are SEN and MED for then, you may ask. They are to display the dynamic nature of the paradigm system. When you need healing, swap your COM/RAV/RAV for SEN/MED/MED. This will very quickly get everone back up to full, and you can swap back to COM/RAV/RAV.

SYN and SAB will certainly make your life easier as well, but, like MED and SEN are for focused purposes. Start a fight with a rough monster? SEN/SYN/SAB to buff/debuff, then maybe SEN/MED/MED to heal up, and on to COM/RAV/RAV to decimate the foes.

The paradigm system makes for some pretty crazy fight strategies, and is certainly the high point of the XIII/-2 for me.

Good tips. I also keep a RAV/MED/MED Paradigm handy for particularly tough fights where I need to keep my Stagger Chains going. It'll take longer to heal up because you'll take more damage while you're doing it, but it means you'll be able to do more damage, faster. I only really use a SEN for boss fights with a mega-damage ability (which is most of them).

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote:
    Also, remember:
    Yuel told Noel they'd meet again... and she'd know. And he hasn't seen her since. So the story can't be over yet.
    Did she repeat that they'd meet again or only say it in the dream? That's the only one I remember, which by my understanding was a flashback that Serah could see, and would actually be before pretty much every other time we see her, as far as Noel is concerned.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I think it's almost entirely the story and acting that rub me the wrong way the more and more I think about it. The combat in 10 and 12 weren't bad. I only played the demo of 13. That gave me one groan after another, but the combat and leveling are really interesting.

And what exactly is so bad with the way they're doing things at the moment, swapping development teams between installments? You realise the FFIX team developed FFXII, right? And that they'll currently be working on FFXV (assuming Versus isn't renamed anyway, which it should but that's an entirely different matter). Or do you think Ito (FFVI co-director with Kitase and IX/XII director) should die/quit/retire as well?

No-one's forcing you to play Final Fantasy's or post in this thread for that matter, so I don't see why on earth you'd post childish shit like "XIII-2 is my Don't Give a Shit of the Year olol" just because it doesn't match what YOU want. Guess what, no-one cares, XIII-2 is a really good game regardless of what you say.

Anyway, I set the game to grind the slots for a couple of hours and lucked upon the Lucky Coin fragment right when I checked on it. Originally I intended on trying to get the fragment and 10k trophy in one go but screw it, even when I got the fragment I was down 2k from where I start and the Chocobo races are a MUCH easier way of earning coins.

Wow, how's the air up there on your soap box?

My "award" was a play on Gabe's line in the comic, and relevant to my opinion. That's what I'm doing: posting an opinion. It's still allowed, if you were wondering.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    My "award" was a play on Gabe's line in the comic, and relevant to my opinion. That's what I'm doing: posting an opinion. It's still allowed, if you were wondering.
    It's allowed, but one has to wonder why you'd waste so much time and energy posting about a game that you not only think is terribad, but you also don't care about (I'm not really sure how that works).

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The first 8-9 chapters of XIII has a great story. It's seems to like it's reaching it's logical conclusion at the point I'm at though which, if true, coincides a lot with what I've heard about the story taking a nose dive around 9-10.

But the characterizations and the whole structure of the narrative have been fairly good to this point. Sazh and Hope seem at the top of the character spectrum and I think I lot of people forget that Hope is a kid that's been thrown into the middle of everything, which is where all the complaints about him stem from I think.
    Even the weaker characters all have some interesting aspects. Like when you realize just how much of Snow's attitude is a false bravado. He reminds me of Seifer in the aspect where he's trying to be this knight but everything keeps going against him.

Anyway, have to grind a bunch when I get home because I seem to be underleveled for the end of chapter 9. Sorry I'm a game behind the curve. It's hard to not click spoilers in here.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I just got back from the Coliseum for the first time and entered a Wild Gate where it's winter and everything pretty much destroyed me. What level should my characters and monsters be? I have a chicken/bird thing (not a Chocobo) that has like 479 magic damage with Noel and Serah at around 160 physical and 170 magic. Am I doing something wrong?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote:
    I just got back from the Coliseum for the first time and entered a Wild Gate where it's winter and everything pretty much destroyed me. What level should my characters and monsters be? I have a chicken/bird thing (not a Chocobo) that has like 479 magic damage with Noel and Serah at around 160 physical and 170 magic. Am I doing something wrong?

Gates opened with wild artefacts are typically optional. Some of these gates are located in weaker areas. Just come back to it later.

Or if you really want to just get the fragments, you can skip all the encounters fairly easily.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    Is there a guide on methods to level up monsters? Should they be consuming other monsters, what kinds of nodes should I use? When do I start getting level 2 monster-leveling items? I just started chapter 3 and am afraid I'm going in with a bunch of glass cannons.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote:
    It's allowed, but one has to wonder why you'd waste so much time and energy posting about a game that you not only think is terribad, but you also don't care about (I'm not really sure how that works).

Well, I played half of 10 and never warmed up to it. I did about the first 1/4 of 12. I can't remember what turned me off about that one. I guess that means I'm going back to give it another shot. I played the demo of 13 and everything the characters did was cringeworthy to me. And not that everything (or anything, really) people do in FFs is realistic, but they jumped off the bridge and just landed on their feet and were fine? Then where was the danger of falling off at all? Whatever.

So I can not care about 13-2 because I didn't even want to give it a shot after the 13 demo. But I felt like sharing, just like everyone else. I really liked the leveling systems in 10 and 12. And I like the concept of the battles in 13, but I never got far enough in to really enjoy it.

It took me a while to start enjoying the art style of 6 (The concept and character art. Not the pixels, obviously.), though, so maybe I'll end up enjoying 12.

13, though...The wooden characters and hollow acting were already mentioned before I got here. Man, I just can't get past it.

• Options
    Bedigunz wrote:
    Is there a guide on methods to level up monsters? Should they be consuming other monsters, what kinds of nodes should I use? When do I start getting level 2 monster-leveling items? I just started chapter 3 and am afraid I'm going in with a bunch of glass cannons.

You can't buy the level 2 materials till chapter 4 iirc and then 6 for level 3/4. Don't know if you can ever by 5's but if so it'll probably be post-game. And afaik you can't ever by "potent" versions for anything after level 1. You have to find them via killing.

Infusing doesn't level your monsters at all, it just passes on passives and abilities. Typically you want to infuse monsters with ideal passives for what you're infusing to; this usually means you want to level up the monster to be infused to get the good stuff. For example, Tonberrys can pass on a +35% str/mag passives, but they need to be level 35ish or so to get it that high. There's several guides out there that list ideal stats and what monsters you can get them off of to plan ahead. There are some funny things like locked passives not transferring, only able to have 10 passive per monster total and the like, but by the time you're worrying about that you'll have the system figured out.

As far as how to level your monsters, that's up to you. I'm a fan of balance, but others advocate pumping COM's with straight attack. Just choose your monster part based on what you want. Big nodes give bigger bonuses, small ones smaller. So if you're pumping attack for example, but are finding orbs (or whatever) are sparse, you can save the "Power" orbs for large nodes and use potent or something else for the small ones.

If you're in chapter 3 enemies should be dropping level 2 materials fairly frequently in the areas you start having access to around then. I imagine googling the item you want will help find out what, where; but I can't say I've ever looked it up, though I probably should soon.

• Options
    Spaffy wrote:
    Anyone seen any good monster guides? I just picked up a Flanitor and a big robot (**edit** - Dragoon. This thing is awesome) from the Augusta Tower and they're so much better than what I had before that I wonder if I've been gimping myself by not actively seeking out better monsters...

The Dragoon will serve you very well most of the game once you get it.

There are definitely better COMs out there later in the game, but as powerful as the Dragoon gets really early, how fast it attacks and a powerful Feral Link makes it the COM I used almost the whole game.

Even once you start getting uniques, they're all late bloomers so you have to heavily invest in them before they're on par. Even other COMS with higher stats typically don't attack as fast as the Dragoon, or as often, still putting it above others.

I highly recommend it.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...I wonder is there an efficient place to grind out tier 3-4 items later in the game. My monster leveling has all but ground to a halt at the moment because the items only drop like 1-2 at a time and most of my monster need 4-5 of them just to get one level.

I'm at
    Academia
    , btw.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote:

Well, I played half of 10 and never warmed up to it. I did about the first 1/4 of 12. I can't remember what turned me off about that one. I guess that means I'm going back to give it another shot. I played the demo of 13 and everything the characters did was cringeworthy to me. And not that everything (or anything, really) people do in FFs is realistic, but they jumped off the bridge and just landed on their feet and were fine? Then where was the danger of falling off at all? Whatever.

So I can not care about 13-2 because I didn't even want to give it a shot after the 13 demo. But I felt like sharing, just like everyone else. I really liked the leveling systems in 10 and 12. And I like the concept of the battles in 13, but I never got far enough in to really enjoy it.

It took me a while to start enjoying the art style of 6 (The concept and character art. Not the pixels, obviously.), though, so maybe I'll end up enjoying 12.

13, though...The wooden characters and hollow acting were already mentioned before I got here. Man, I just can't get past it.

I felt much the same after trying the XIII-2 demo. I couldn't even get through it all. I even disliked its combat system. Everything about the demo made me realize that the franchise is heading in the exact opposite direction I'd like.

It's okay, though. I'll always have IV, V, VI, and VII.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I'm still using the very first gremlin I got after getting the ability to recruit monsters.

Current COM is an orion and MED is a white chocobo.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Hmm...I wonder is there an efficient place to grind out tier 3-4 items later in the game. My monster leveling has all but ground to a halt at the moment because the items only drop like 1-2 at a time and most of my monster need 4-5 of them just to get one level.

I'm at
    Academia
    , btw.

3 4 and 5 monster materials are all ground in archylte steppes. As far as a guide to how to level them, potent materials are pretty much the best in all cases. They raise all the stats roughly equally, while, say, a mana item might give a monster 2 extra magic at the cost of 2 or 3 of everything else.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well. I don't need potents for every monster. Some of them are just fodder for my main monsters. But yeah, I try to give only potents to my main ones.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Got a medic monster at about 8 hours in that has a pretty awesome passive that boosts Rare Drop chance by a good chunk (over 100%). Makes for a fun meta-game as I try to always time the end of my battles to have it in the active party.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Looks like they sort of nerfed synergists at the expensive of slightly buffing sabs. However com, rav, rav is still super amazing awesome fun time 99% of the time beat battles in four seconds grouping.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Yeah. Really, I just use SYN mainly for Vigilaga.

• Options
    I'm planning on having Noel roll with Com/Sent/Syn and Serah roll with Rav/Med/Sab. Is this a good plan or have I fucked myself?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I think the general consensus for XIII-2 is that you really can't fuck yourself over.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Anyone get the Lightning/Amodar DLC yet? I want it but no point in getting it if I'm too under-leveled to enjoy it.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Arkady wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:

I'm at
    Academia
    , btw.

3 4 and 5 monster materials are all ground in archylte steppes. As far as a guide to how to level them, potent materials are pretty much the best in all cases. They raise all the stats roughly equally, while, say, a mana item might give a monster 2 extra magic at the cost of 2 or 3 of everything else.

The only type that I haven't been using Potent materials are for SEN-type monsters; Vitality is far more important for them.

Have to say, a level 99 COM Chocobo is overkill for Chapter 4. When a single attack wipes out most of the enemies before they can even act... Worth it for getting a good enough Chocobo for most Fal'Cie Class races, especially since I've now got 2 Collectors Catalogs from them.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Wait, you get items from doing the races?

Shiiiiiit.

Time to go get that damned Silver Chocobo, I guess. It's also apparently the best SEN in the game, although that Bunkerbeast I have is also considered really great. Not sure if going potents for the Silver is best, or going vitalities will still leave him with the skills to be a great racing chocobo. (I.e., can he serve double duty, or what.)

Maybe I'll use the Silver as a sentinel, and make the Golden Chocobo a racer instead. He's a tolerable COM as well, but there are so much better COMs out there, like Chichu.

Apparently giving the Chichu all Power items is the best way for him, since you only give a shit about his attack, and with 100% power items he gets 1500 attack and attacks pretty much as fast as he can animate.

KiTA on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Since I got the improved mog throw I've noticed a vicious cycle I get into.

1) Throw Mog off a ledge at something
    2) Feel bad about throwing mog off a ledge
    3) Mog comes back with 1 Gil
    4) Get angry at Mog
    5) Repeat

I also have the slug that increases Rare drops (+110% which can be on top of the +200% from five starring a fight). I'm going to be hard pressed to take him out of my line up ever. It also seems that rare drops and common drops are independet from each other, I've gotten more items after combat than there were monsters.

• Options
    KiTA wrote:
    Wait, you get items from doing the races?

Shiiiiiit.

Time to go get that damned Silver Chocobo, I guess. It's also apparently the best SEN in the game, although that Bunkerbeast I have is also considered really great. Not sure if going potents for the Silver is best, or going vitalities will still leave him with the skills to be a great racing chocobo. (I.e., can he serve double duty, or what.)

Maybe I'll use the Silver as a sentinel, and make the Golden Chocobo a racer instead. He's a tolerable COM as well, but there are so much better COMs out there, like Chichu.

Apparently giving the Chichu all Power items is the best way for him, since you only give a shit about his attack, and with 100% power items he gets 1500 attack and attacks pretty much as fast as he can animate.

Are you sure about the Chichu thing?

I was under the impression that ruin/ruinga relied on the magic stat, and any enemy that is physical immune/resistant or Magic weak, the game is going to choose Ruin for.

Which...are quite a few enemies.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Wow, how's the air up there on your soap box?

Seeing as you're crapping on a game you've clearly never played, what you're doing is trolling and that isn't allowed.
    Turkey wrote:
    Anyone get the Lightning/Amodar DLC yet? I want it but no point in getting it if I'm too under-leveled to enjoy it.

Sounds like it's hard enough that you'll want to wait till after you've finished to do.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote:

I don't have it but I know about it. Basically it gives you one of the best Ravagers in the game (Lightning) and one of the better Commandos (Amodar), though I don't know if Amodar has the potential to be better than Chichu yet. Lightning only gets 15 levels in the Crystarium, and I'm unsure how much Amodar gets.

They only have 600,000 HP a piece, you could probably do it without max levels.