Options

Skyrim: Nothing is so cute I can't brutally murder it.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Zay wrote:
    So I think my Theives' Guild run is permanently bugged out. :x (Regards The Pursuit quest)
    I got the quill this dude dropped and have his pardon in hand, but whenever I try to talk to him he acts like he's searching for a enemy. I get no dialogue with him to give him the pardon. I managed to glitch the game on resting outside and had him agro me outside the game, where I could kill him, but the key he drops isn't even for the gate! How fucking stupid is that?!

I'm going to have to try to find out how to noclip my way in because Bethesda had to make the gate's key totally separate from the house key for no reason. Not even counting the bug that started all this.

Can't you just murder him? Also there's a gate in the back that can be picked.

Oh, I didn't know about the gate in the back. Didn't even know there was a way to get back!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I just fully pimped out my whiterun house and now I live like a true thane with a live-in housecarl and books everywhere and I can just make potions and shit right in there and it's so cozy

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm waiting to hit 100k gold before I buy stuff for my house.

Sorry, wife, but you'll have to deal for now. I put a copy of Lusty Argonian Maid Vol. 1 in front of her to occupy the time.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    When does this marriage thing kick in?

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    walked into a town, killed a guy in an odd fit of brutality because I didn't like the way he was looking at me

left the town because it was a crappy town for jerks

ten seconds down the road, I was accosted by a band of hired goons carrying a contract to beat me up for the murder of that guy I just killed

the hired goons in skyrim have got a great response time

I accidentally stole an inkwell and quill from the mage college library.

Motherfucking orc librarian sends bounty hunters after a dude for taking an inkwell and quill

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Look he really likes his library okay

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Zay wrote:
    I'm waiting to hit 100k gold before I buy stuff for my house.

Sorry, wife, but you'll have to deal for now. I put a copy of Lusty Argonian Maid Vol. 1 in front of her to occupy the time.

But the house stuff only costs just over a 1000 to fully upgrade.

And its totally worth it.

Mainly because the house sucks without upgrades.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    walked into a town, killed a guy in an odd fit of brutality because I didn't like the way he was looking at me

left the town because it was a crappy town for jerks

ten seconds down the road, I was accosted by a band of hired goons carrying a contract to beat me up for the murder of that guy I just killed

the hired goons in skyrim have got a great response time

I accidentally stole an inkwell and quill from the mage college library.

Motherfucking orc librarian sends bounty hunters after a dude for taking an inkwell and quill

Overreacting Police Squad 7

"That'll teach you to take what's not yours.""

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I just fully pimped out my whiterun house and now I live like a true thane with a live-in housecarl and books everywhere and I can just make potions and shit right in there and it's so cozy

Oh man I can enchant in my own house instead of going to dragons reach. Can I have my own forge?!

Oh wait I read that some houses have different things. Makarth will definitely have a forge

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    You can't enchant in Whiterun, only alchemy.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    But the forge is right next door.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten the 25k house in Solitude yet? Whiterun's is cozy but is extremely lacking in the bookshelves and weapon racks department, and I might be looking to invest in a better home to display all my useless shit.

• Options
    Strongly considering turning the difficulty down for
    this lich in the mage college quest line.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Man you guys get that the thieves guild is full of thieves, right?

Also if you read the quest and listen to the dudes, they're all jerks who borrowed money and now they refuse to pay.

So I smashed that urn

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I got such joy from breaking that urn

lazy fucker said it was priceless but there's like a hundred of the damn things in perfect condition in each dwemer ruin

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I mean

it is a Thieves Guild. By the very definition its members are already breaking the law and stealing shit. I'm happy that they didn't romanticize it this time around and make it all noble and bullshit.

Stealin is stealin

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    hell yes, fuck you dragon number 3

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I was just about to join the College of Winterhold, but I decided to wait for a pure mage character after I did the test and walked over the bridge.

Just doesn't seem right doing it with a badass magical warrior.

Going to make a Harry Potter Nord on my next game.

Going to make him a scrawny nerd that gets made fun of.

Going to summon the most vile things I can.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I juust killed my third dragon

he had a dude helping him! Thankfully during the fight said dude fell off the cliff and I was able to just kite him with arrows

and now I have a rad-awesome mask

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote:
    I got such joy from breaking that urn

lazy fucker said it was priceless but there's like a hundred of the damn things in perfect condition in each dwemer ruin

I used my bow at first, the right hand punch thing? Oh man, it felt so awesome. Just like bash bash bash oh pleaaaase

And I was trying to give him a chance to pay but nope

So I took out the ole axe of whiterun and power smashed it into oblivion.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    oh man I might start the game over as a mage

magic is real fun

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2011
    Killed my second dragon tonight, but now it's Usagi's turn to play. :)

Oh, also there was a giant beating on the dragon while I was shooting it from inside the tower so I was surprised when I came out to loot the dragon. The giant was posturing at me but I had no intention of attacking him, then Lydia was all, "Hurrrrrr!" and got her shit pushed in. So I ran back into the tower and shot him through the door he couldn't get through.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    conjuration is pretty great

the flame atronach I didn't get a lot of use out of but Ike* my frost atronach is my best buddy always willing to help me out of a jam
    I have high hopes for the storm atronach and inevitable double summon

*full name Ike Berg

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    You know, I can really say I ever lived before I found the Steed. So glad I found it by exploring the north instead of looking it up. Saw some amazing things. Solitude is fucking gorgeous

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    I like the Ritual stone. create random any level zombie and everything just focuses on it instead

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    for those of you who are the subtle sort... daggers and thievery and whatnot

how do you go about fighting dragons, and like... "bosses" ?

The two dragons I've fought have both been oh shit I hope I have enough potions fights, and the one boss just resulted in me running away with soiled garments

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Yeah I mean

it is a Thieves Guild. By the very definition its members are already breaking the law and stealing shit. I'm happy that they didn't romanticize it this time around and make it all noble and bullshit.

Stealin is stealin

end of thieves' guild spoilers
    i loved that mercer was a huge fan of the grey fox. i thought it was a pretty awesome way to show how he thought of himself without directly saying anything.

• Options
    zucchini wrote:
    for those of you who are the subtle sort... daggers and thievery and whatnot

how do you go about fighting dragons, and like... "bosses" ?

The two dragons I've fought have both been oh shit I hope I have enough potions fights, and the one boss just resulted in me running away with soiled garments

upgraded gear, poisons, and sneak attack

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I keep forgetting that I have shouts I can use in addition to swords and magic when I'm in a tight spot

Which sucks because I learned one that turns dudes to ice and it is super useful

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hot damn, a shout that turns me ethereal. That's awesome.

• Options
    yeah poisons, I should start workin on that whole alchemy thing.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    It is so satisfying getting kill animations with sneak attacks

even when the animation sort of overcompensates for the height of your enemy and it becomes much less cutting their throats and much more cutting their foreheads

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    I keep grabbing books even though I don't have enough bookshelf space for them help

• Options
    how do you sneak attack dragons... or is that just something you can do as long as you are behind someone

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    bows. though you only get a maximum of a piddly x3 with their sneak attack and the dragons will see you from a mile away after, assuming you even get the drop on them in the first place

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Dys wrote:
    Strongly considering turning the difficulty down for
    this lich in the mage college quest line.

...and now I feel awesome because I didn't need to.

The fight pretty much played out with the two of us playing lightning bolt quick draw from across the room.

Fucking incredible.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Become Ethereal is way more useful than I originally thought it would be. Gives you a quick second to get your shit together, heal yourself with a spell, and get into a better position.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    It is also super nice if you want to jump off a mountain or something

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    kinda disappointed the only three bound spells are bound bow, bound sword, and bound greataxe

although given its new status as ghostly daedric gear, bound armor wouldn't really work I mean you're totally naked under there

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    redhead wrote:
    captaink wrote:
    Aistan wrote:
    Wait, this daedric war axe does the exact same damage as my old ebony one. Dammit... waste of a heart, there.
    Damage is also based on your weapon skill, they will separate eventually.

is this an assumption or have you seen this happen with your own game? i mean, it's a reasonable assumption, but it's poooossible they're actually identical

My guide says the Daedric warhammer is better than the ebony one by 2 points. I didn't look at axes.

This discussion has been closed.