As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyrim: Nothing is so cute I can't brutally murder it.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Skyrim: Better than Morrowind

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    Projeck wrote:
    so if i want to destroy the dark brotherhood, how should i go about getting that quest? (as spoiler free as possible, please)
    there's a crazy kid in Windhelm who wants your help
    help him and they will contact you some time after that when you sleep

Isn't that for joining them, though?
    Do you get the option to destroy them?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote:
    I feel guilty about rooting through burial jars for gold. And taking it off zombies. And from altars. But I need this house. They can haunt me forever if they like, but they will do it indoors.

oh god I know. Some tombs I just will not steal from.

Most of them though I just steal all of the gold.

There was a great moment in a random dungeon.
    Helping a guy clear a necromancer out of his family's tomb. I open a chest and take some stuff and he comes in with "Hey! Don't take that stuff, that belongs to my family!... sigh.. okay fine just take whatever you need, just help me get rid of this guy"

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote:
    smof wrote:
    So apparently people sometimes know you stole from them even if you were undetected the whole time of the theft? I just got jumped by 3 hired thugs apparently contracted by a shopkeeper I robbed from, but he never even saw me in his shop. That was a bit weird.

Gerda (the cleaning lady from Dragonsreach) put out a hit on me.

I forgave her. But my sword, she got mad. Real mad.

Oh man, THAT'S who Gerda is?

I think I've got to axe her a question

• Options
    captaink wrote:
    Skyrim does justice to Dwemer ruins 100 times better than morrwind did, graphically.

Yeah, way way way better.

I feel kind of bad though because I only got around to doing dwemer ruins well after I stopped using dwemer materials, so there is no reason for me to grab all the metal I can find and smelt it.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I only had one problem with my most recent dwemer ruin I had a quest in there to return some crazy Dwemer knowledge cube. I had an excellent time sneaking around and backstabbing mechanical spiders and sphere sentries. When I got to the end, there was a 'boss' Centurion. Big guy, really imposing. Unfortunately its AI bugged out or something, and it seemed to be running away from me. It was weird, never took a swing at me, mostly just stood there or moved away. So I plinked it to death with arrows and took my reward.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Looting the bodies of dead friends is considered a sign of respect in some cultures.

• Options
    Also a guard in one of the cities said "hey, I know you"

I thought he thought I was somebody famous, so I talked to him. Turns out I had a 5 gold bounty on my head. I have no idea what it was from though.

• Options
    Artreus wrote:
    captaink wrote:
    Skyrim does justice to Dwemer ruins 100 times better than morrwind did, graphically.

Yeah, way way way better.

I feel kind of bad though because I only got around to doing dwemer ruins well after I stopped using dwemer materials, so there is no reason for me to grab all the metal I can find and smelt it.

It's okay, that stuff is heavy.

• Options
    I totally explored the giant ass dwarf ruins by that mountain town and had no idea you could melt down the various metal to make dwarf ingots. Gotta go back and make daddy some new armor

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Does anyone know where to get an Ascension Sphere or something like that?

It's for
    those locks out the end of some Dwemer ruins.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I got some kind of Dwemer sphere at the end of the dwemer ruins near Riften. I can't remember what it was called though.

• Options
    Steam says I have put 35 hours in this game but I feel like I have barely scratched the surface. I've done 3-4 Thieves' Guild Quests, I just walked up the 7,000 steps in the main quest, and the rest has been random sidequests and favors and whatnot.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Had a weird bug in an early thieves' guild quest, the goldenglow estate one
    figured I had to get the safe key by pickpocketing it off the guy. Went in at night time and snuck up to his room expecting to find him asleep in bed, but instead he was crouched in the corner of the room. He watched me sneak up to him, didn't react at all. I stood behind him until he looked away and it said I was hidden, then pickpocketed him, then left, and he crouched there in the shadows and silently watched me leave. It was pretty dang creepy!

also @Macro9 you mentioned a slow leveling mod? Where can I find that?

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    just got through the first real part of the companion quest line
    damn that guy is a werewolf whoa

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Do you really need a slow leveling mod? It seems to be going at just the right pace. At level 25 I'm getting close to what I assume is the end of the Thieves' Guild, have totally completed the Mages' College, and have an early start on the main story. Not to mention a boatload of side quests.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote:
    I only had one problem with my most recent dwemer ruin I had a quest in there to return some crazy Dwemer knowledge cube. I had an excellent time sneaking around and backstabbing mechanical spiders and sphere sentries. When I got to the end, there was a 'boss' Centurion. Big guy, really imposing. Unfortunately its AI bugged out or something, and it seemed to be running away from me. It was weird, never took a swing at me, mostly just stood there or moved away. So I plinked it to death with arrows and took my reward.

i guess that's better than him one shotting you with his steam attack.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Just killed a master vampire and got the elemental fury shout.

Didn't even contract vampirism.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    just got through the first real part of the companion quest line
    damn that guy is a werewolf whoa

Just finished this questline, it is badass

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Tried the shout out too, it is AWESOME.

I wanna level this one up. I will attack so fast.

• Options
    smof wrote:
    figured I had to get the safe key by pickpocketing it off the guy. Went in at night time and snuck up to his room expecting to find him asleep in bed, but instead he was crouched in the corner of the room. He watched me sneak up to him, didn't react at all. I stood behind him until he looked away and it said I was hidden, then pickpocketed him, then left, and he crouched there in the shadows and silently watched me leave. It was pretty dang creepy!

This happened to me too.

As far as slow leveling, do you have the Mage/Thief/Warrior stone activated? You could switch out.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I think I've been shooting myself in the foot by not putting points in alchemy perks. So magicka starved sometimes...

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I had nazeem put a hit on me. I was walking through whiterun when he did his little, do you come to the cload district speech, so I punched him in the face. His wife came running up to me with a knife and lydia killed her.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote:
    TheStig wrote:
    Projeck wrote:
    so if i want to destroy the dark brotherhood, how should i go about getting that quest? (as spoiler free as possible, please)

after they kidnap you you have the chance to kill the person trying to initiate you which starts the quest to destroy them

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    Turambar wrote:
    TheStig wrote:
    Projeck wrote:

after they kidnap you you have the chance to kill the person trying to initiate you which starts the quest to destroy them
    Sweet!
    Anyone know if there is something similar for the Thieves' Guild?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I love that walking up stairs is slow and hard when you are over encumbered

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    As a note, that is what happens when you decide to get skyrim money while reading chapters out of a textbook.

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    so faendal got et by a dragon and i decided to take over his house

leaving my dragon scales and bones in his chest will be safe right

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Apparently anything not in an owned 'thing' could vanish. But doesn't seem to happen on any sort of consistant basis.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    smof wrote:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=175
    Do you really need a slow leveling mod? It seems to be going at just the right pace. At level 25 I'm getting close to what I assume is the end of the Thieves' Guild, have totally completed the Mages' College, and have an early start on the main story. Not to mention a boatload of side quests.

Not really. I just didn't want to gain a dozen levels while leveling my enchanting. I got it up to 90 so far, but I am going to hold off on finishing it.

Does anyone know where a master destruction trainer is? I am assuming the College of Winterhold. Haven't done that yet. Probably will soon I think.

I placed a fiery soul trap enchantment on my sword. Lowered it down to get the max amount of charge out of it. Soul trap goes down to 1 second but the fire damage stays at 10 for some reason.

I can't wait until I finish enchanting so I can enchant my deadric gear and put magicka and health absorb on a sword.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Uggh I hate helmets and stuff cutting off half my face.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I was doing the bee Thieves Guild quest on my Argonian

I was having trouble actually getting to the hives

then WOOSH a dragon swooped down and got all of the guards' attention

I torched the hives and ran

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So I'm leveling my smithing and I want to get enchanting up too. Would it be a good idea to use the iron daggers I find to enchant? Does it even work like that? My biggest roadblock seems to be a lack of soul gems

• Options
    You can't melt all of it.

But terh
    Ashcroft wrote:
    Apparently anything not in an owned 'thing' could vanish. But doesn't seem to happen on any sort of consistant basis.

I think this happened to a barrel of my stuff, but honestly, I had shit in so many barrels around whiterun I could have just moved it somewhere else, and I doubt I will be missing anything.

I stored so much stuff in random barrels around town until I could afford a house. And now it is all in a chest in my house, I am kind of worried, I hope there is not an item limit or anything.

• Options
    Javen wrote:
    So I'm leveling my smithing and I want to get enchanting up too. Would it be a good idea to use the iron daggers I find to enchant? Does it even work like that? My biggest roadblock seems to be a lack of soul gems

Yes

yes this is what I did. Also I had gathered a bunch of soul gems from questing. But yeah that is the hard part. You won't make a whole lot of money doing it this way, because soul gems cost a fair amount but you are getting your skills up and getting better.

• Options
    Javen wrote:

Yeah, save whatever you smith so you can enchant them later.

Then sell them for money.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Dead End Thrills did Skyrim

http://deadendthrills.com/?cat=314

So jealous

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man, killed my second dragon

bastard attacked me just as I came to a cave

managed to kill him though, that felt pretty good!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh god

the dragon's fire torched the rest of the hives

I got blamed for it

fuck you racists, just cause I look like a dragon

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.