Options

That's BULLSHIT.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    Lion King is a good movie; but as a broadway play it is spectacular

Oh man, don't get me started on the musical. The set design and costumes and all that are fantastic, and then fucking Pumba and Timon show up and pull it all down with fart jokes and what not. I mean, I understand that you can't have The Lion King without them, but they absolutely ruin the amazing aesthetics.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Charles Langly was my main guy on city of heroes. He has a whole history and everything.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Charles Langly was my main guy on city of heroes. He has a whole history and everything.

What's the origin story?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Posting from my phone is hard

JoeUser on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    JoeUser needs to know, apparently.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Turns out that I am, in fact, the dick.

SendKeithAMessage.jpg

He'd be disappointed :(

I never am

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I'll tell you what's bullshit.

This advert keeps coming up when I'm watching stuff, and it's just drilled straight into my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkPxunlRBRI

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    uh, well you would need to know the factions of CoH for it to make any sense. As well as the first few encounters.

Basically he was an Electric/Devices blaster (I don't know what's changed in the last few years, but this was an extremely gimped role set at the beginning of the game, but it was really fun to solo as and find clever ways of clearing missions and stuff. You set traps and just, anyway it was fun for me) and I envisioned him as a super powered Private Investigator with lots of previous involvement in several of the npc enemy factions in the game. One of the neat things about CoH is how the lower level stuff feeds into the different higher level material. You find out low level gangs are actually feeders for the higher level criminal organizations, stuff like that.

So anyway. he started out as a gang member (I can't remember the name of the faction, but the gang that hangs out in the god damn maze of a forest in Hydra Park), growing up in the slums around Paragon City. He rose through the ranks of the gang and was eventually recruited by the Sky Raiders, which are a tech based mercenary group. He got Spec Op training as well as showing an untapped aptitude for working with technology.

One night, on what should have been a routine sabotage mission at the Terra Volta reactor, something went horribly wrong. The EMP charges Charles planted in the reactor room went off too soon, before the team had a chance to escape. The resultant electrical radiation changed Charles' body, giving him new powers. Langly suspected his team had been set up, so he used his death as a way to distance himself from the organization so that he could investigate them uninhibited. He didn't use a super hero name or anything because he thought that shit was stupid, and he just wore plain clothes instead of a costume at first. I had different costume slots with a past Langly in his black ops outfit, one where he wore noir detective stuff, and one where he finally embraced being a super hero and had the tights and everything.

This all actually tied in to the game, because there was a previous attack on the terra volta reactor by the Sky Raiders that had gone wrong, and there is also a long mission to go and save the reactor from a new attack later in the game, so it tied in nicely for Langly to have a moment of redemption in that arc.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    My name comes from the simple fact that I am the lord of all butts, the master of asses, the royalty of rumps

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Langly that's a pretty cool backstory

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    My name comes from the simple fact that I am the lord of all butts, the master of asses, the royalty of rumps

Hear me, anus-pharaoh!

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    387387_2776421050605_1260465676_3041515_286282109_n.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Langly that's a pretty cool backstory

Yeah I liked it

My name comes from me being a big Sentry fan, I joined up to post on Graphic Violence and would have used "Sentry" but it had already been taken, so I thought for a bit and I decided on "Solar" instead because the Sentry is Solar-powered.

Also, I like the trance group Solar Stone, I like myths and legends about Sun Gods and so on, and I always thought the word Solar sounded cool.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICMw18N7DaM

Me: "Hahaha that's so random!"

I like Shabooty much better then my old name InGame Hero

which was my tron-like hero in CoH

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My brother's name at one point in something was Dee Kaos and his name starts with D. My name starts with J, and I'm not very creative. (I was Bladefist before that).

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    Kamar wrote:
    We talking about Christmas movies in here?

And how The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62R8Du6Id1U

No, man, this is so wrong
    Everyone in that movie not named Patrick Stewart was pretty bad and the rest of that movie in general is kinda hokey

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote:
    I like Shabooty much better then my old name InGame Hero

which was my tron-like hero in CoH

I made a Tron guy in CoH and named him End O. Line

You can tell I was phoning it in
    I wound up never actually playing as him

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Everyone in that movie not named Patrick Stewart was pretty bad and the rest of that movie in general is kinda hokey

Get out before I get the paddle.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    At some point I realized I had never once come up with a screen name or handle I didn't end up embarrassed by in the future. So these days I just use my last name cuz fuck anonymity.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote:
    At some point I realized I had never once come up with a screen name or handle I didn't end up embarrassed by in the future. So these days I just use my last name cuz fuck anonymity.

fuck you

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    man, watching Terra Nova

I don't know about this show

like, I kind of like it, but mostly I like the background more than the actual stuff that happens

I like bits of this show in spite of itself. The writing is really bad though. Just, not great in any respect.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:

Didn't Patrick Stewart fix this problem by performing a one-man production of A Christmas Carol in which he played all the characters?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Syphyre wrote:
    A Christmas Story is an extremely mediocre movie. It has it's good parts and catchlines which keep it from being horrible. Just like Office Space (yes I said it dammit). I have no desire to ever see A Christmas Story again.

On the other hand, AMC plays White Christmas and Holiday Inn nonstop around Christmas day. Those are both great movies.

As weird as my username is (yes there's a story behind it) somehow I am not the only Syphyre on the webnets. I google this username and I see myself on xbox forums and other forums and it's not ME. (Had to register my name on xboxlive as Syphyreal, which now that I've had it, I like better than Syphyre).

Those are both good movies, but the extreme racism makes them kind of unwatchable. But then i do and i just feel bad afterward

Wait, racism in White Christmas? I don't remember any racism.

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Syphyre wrote:
    A Christmas Story is an extremely mediocre movie. It has it's good parts and catchlines which keep it from being horrible. Just like Office Space (yes I said it dammit). I have no desire to ever see A Christmas Story again.

On the other hand, AMC plays White Christmas and Holiday Inn nonstop around Christmas day. Those are both great movies.

As weird as my username is (yes there's a story behind it) somehow I am not the only Syphyre on the webnets. I google this username and I see myself on xbox forums and other forums and it's not ME. (Had to register my name on xboxlive as Syphyreal, which now that I've had it, I like better than Syphyre).

Those are both good movies, but the extreme racism makes them kind of unwatchable. But then i do and i just feel bad afterward

Wait, racism in White Christmas? I don't remember any racism.

The part where they burned a cross in Black Christmas' front yard

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That's pretty racist

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    my name comes from me liking the humpty dance

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Do the Humpty Hump, come on and do the Humpty Hump

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    do me baby

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I lost a Tube name change coin toss.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    button mashed!

as it turns out, arang is korean for about seventy things and also the abbreviation for the aggressive ranged script in baldur's gate 2, which I love

the game, not the script

the script is alright too

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular
    My name comes from the Gamertag generator on the original xbox. I had just signed up for XBL, and my previous handle (dextro) had been taken...so it would give you options like dextro123, dextro69, and then some random NOUN-VERB or VERB-NOUN combination. MortalToaster came up and I was like, yeah, that's me.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    Lion King is a good movie; but as a broadway play it is spectacular

I was pretty blown away by that show.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I watched "Cats" on stage

It was fucking awful

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I wanna see the nightman cometh

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I lost a Tube name change coin toss.

really? you got off easy

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    It actually worked out pretty well. People seem to like it?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I turn toy trucks and sucn to 40k Ork vehicles.

That's where that there name comes from.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:

I use this name for almost everything
    and it really confused me the first time i saw you post

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My grandfather was an amateur radio nerd and his call sign was always Hobnail, I have no idea why.

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    RubberAC wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

I use this name for almost everything
    and it really confused me the first time i saw you post

SUBMIT TO ME

FOR I AM THE TRUE KING OF KEISTERS

This discussion has been closed.