As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Christmas is awesome and I don't want to hear goddamn otherwise.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:

Holy crap! Whoops. You never piss off the fat jealous losers.

..."fat jealous losers"? what?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    We really do need an alternative to Paypal that is just as easy to use.
    Also that Halloween House is fucking amazing. I've seen the Xmas one but not this, that was.. something special. I can't imagine that guy doesn't do like Disney engineering or something.

Dude look at this guys Channel Background and all the people around the house, lol. http://www.youtube.com/user/KJ92508

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:

Holy crap! Whoops. You never piss off the fat jealous losers.

..."fat jealous losers"? what?

It's what Regretsy fans call themselves. Someone once made fun of them by calling them fat, jealous losers. They took it and wear it like a badge.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I do not like Christmas music.

I would almost say that I hate it.

But I also have to listen to it every single day from Dec 1st-31st, so I think I've heard every single Christmas song ever made hundreds of times over. And as it turns out - there aren't very many Christmas songs! I can't even tell you how many different versions of "Jingle Bell Rock" I hear any given day!

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    That golden snitch ornament is wonderful. I need to get craftsy and make one myself.
    FirmSkater wrote:
    But I also have to listen to it every single day from Dec 1st-31st, so I think I've heard every single Christmas song ever made hundreds of times over. And as it turns out - there aren't very many Christmas songs! I can't even tell you how many different versions of "Jingle Bell Rock" I hear any given day!

I would suggest that there are actually a lot of Christmas songs, but only a small percentage of them have the "right stuff" to be made into 500 different pop versions. How often do you hear Away in a Manger, as opposed to Jingle Bell Rock?

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Whoever compared Christmas Shoes to a bomb/landmine hiding in your local radio station's music stream was right. It was playing both times I turned on the Christmas station today. I didn't want to try my luck a third time.

I wonder how much hate mail that band gets.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Looks like paypal released the regretsy funds, though their statement about having clear guidelines is a load of shit. https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2011/12/regretsy-issue-resolution/

edit: This sheds some more light on it, and it shows how poorly paypal must be run for this stuff to happen. http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/06/sooner-or-later-youll-pay-pal/

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The worst thing about Christmas music is that there are 80 versions of each song and only one or two versions that I actually like. So for example say I want to listen to Jingle Bells or O Holy Night or whatever, I listen to a bunch of versions of the song on youtube by choirs with wavery voices or spunky teenage singers until I finally find a version I like. By then I'm sick of the song.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Cross-postin'
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Also let's spread some fucking Christmas joy up in here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmvwWxzg3lc&feature=channel_video_title

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote:
    I do not like Christmas music.

I would almost say that I hate it.

wuh oh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo

• Options

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Dang

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    My problem with Christmas music is that when I'm at work I have to listen to shitty Christmas music. I know that there is better Christmas music to be had, but not at a grocery store. I want to hear Manheim Steamroller, or however it's spelled. I do greatly love the following video, but that might be mostly because I love Allison Brie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cdzc3YdFI&feature=player_embedded

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37xPiRz1sg

greatest christmas song of all time

(to me)

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

Oh my god, yesssss.

@Antimatter will love this.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    christmas itself is cool

the 14 or so days before christmas, not so much

the music oh goooddd my braaaaaiinnnn just go back to playing fucking kenny G or whatever you normally play in elevators

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Rare Exports is pretty good, but it's a tad slow. I'd recommend watching the Youtube Shorts first. There's about 3 of them I think. Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npia90yAUZE

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:

Oh my god, yesssss.

@Antimatter will love this.

oh my gooood

• Options
    peticanoepeticanoe Registered User regular
    I put Christmas lights up at my desk this morning. Not so much because I am enamoured of Christmas but because it gets dark at 4:00 and I need something cheerful to look at.

comics monday to friday
    Rolo wrote:
    what's the deal with nerds and cthulu
    when C'thulhu rises all those jocks will finally get what's coming to them
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Magell wrote:
    My problem with Christmas music is that when I'm at work I have to listen to shitty Christmas music. I know that there is better Christmas music to be had, but not at a grocery store. I want to hear Manheim Steamroller, or however it's spelled. I do greatly love the following video, but that might be mostly because I love Allison Brie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cdzc3YdFI&feature=player_embedded

I'll, uh, I'll be in my bunk

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    famille_noel_0161.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    nobody's a fan of merry christmas from the family, huh?

shucks

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    That poem was the best.

I wish I could draw all the shit in my head, I have had visions of Steampunk Santa forever.

Maybe I can make him in SR3...

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I don't know that I had ever heard Merry Christmas from the Family before! I am listening to it now, though.

Also this morning I found this Christmas song, which I quite like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJu4MDKkNtw

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    coordinating holiday visits is hard sometimes
    I'm fortunate in that I can see my family and mongoose's this time of year, but it takes a bit of organization and planning

• Options
    So ... having never done this before, how does one make the most of spending Christmas by yourself? I'm thinking movie theater run, maybe going on a photography trip through town since it will be mostly devoid of people.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I once worked at some place doing super menial work. These old ladies would play the same fucking christmas song over and over and over and over and over and over. "Santa Baby" I'm sure you all know of it. Even though this was years ago, if I hear the song today it still drives me into a rage.

So one day I hijacked the music and played Slayer. Loud.

This is a true story.

• Options
    I tortured a co-worker with a Jimmy Buffet Christmas CD.

Granted, I enjoy Jimmy a little. Raised by parrot heads and such. But the second play through and onwards was just to see if I could make him snap.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Playing an album called "God Hates Us All" during christmas time, just makes me feel warm inside.
    I think thats the fires of hell licking at my soul

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So ... having never done this before, how does one make the most of spending Christmas by yourself? I'm thinking movie theater run, maybe going on a photography trip through town since it will be mostly devoid of people.

Can't do it with any friends?

You could also go to a soup kitchen and eat their food help out.

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Thanks to this thread, I watched The Muppet Christmas Carol and the original two Home Alone movies

next up, Scrooged and then whoooo knoooooooowsssss!

• Options
    Scrooged is so great

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I usually just bust open a bottle of Captain Morgan and watch movies until I pass out. Of course that's pretty much my regular schedule, but you know, eat a candy cane or something and it's now a Christmas schedule.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

I was alone for Christmas last year but I forced my friend to come over and stay the night with me. If that's not an option, I was also alone on Christmas when I was living in NYC and I made a tiny Christmas tree with popcorn strings, and planned a fancy dinner for one, and spent the day opening presents and watching my favourite movies. Then I ate delicious food and listened to Christmas songs and got trashed by myself. Also I went for a Christmas walk and re-read A Christmas Carol.

It was still sort of sad but it was bearable.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Xmas miracle I think I met a girl who likes me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular