As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Hey guys, i tried the gunpowder (sulphur) stores in Ispawnbul, but they are out of gunpowder. Anyone will to do the 1fe=8 gunpowder trade listed out there? I will pretty much take as much as I can get my hands on
    (Aashishkabob)

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    let me give you a small tip: if you use the callahan grinder you can get XP levels AND GUNPOWDER. NEAT. It spawns zombies, skellies and creepers which you can punch the legs of to get goodies.

(i think its /st callahan -s then /st grinder -s when you have an announcement telling you so or something.)

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think you are super quiet, is that just me or is it like that for anyone else?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ThrakeshThrakesh Registered User regular
    let me give you a small tip: if you use the callahan grinder you can get XP levels AND GUNPOWDER. NEAT. It spawns zombies, skellies and creepers which you can punch the legs of to get goodies.

(i think its /st callahan -s then /st grinder -s when you have an announcement telling you so or something.)

Not sure if you still have to do /st south -s first - at one point we were not on the main direction queue from spawn.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    CULTIST-WANTED-POSTER.jpg

THE HUNTERS GUILD
    =============

What is it?
    The Hunter's Guild is a new way to address the Cultist vs Inquisition dichotomy while the Inquisition players are otherwise occupied. The Hunter's Guild is not a replacement for the IQ nor is it meant to work alongside it. Players do not join the guild, instead they take commissions from it to follow up on leads and bounties about suspected cultist activities. Those that do and bring back the proof or evidence requested will obtain fantastic bounties.

How does it work?
    Every now and then, the Hunter's Guild will become aware of dastardly cultist shenanigans (through our many contacts throughout the land) that need to be investigated by brave individuals of Midlurf. Players will be able to read about the new postings in the Hunter's Guild and in the forums (new bounties will be posted in both).

For each bounty:
    -There will be a clear condition for proof, such as a screenshot showing a certain bit of evidence, and item that must be aquired, or a location found on the Dynamap.
    -There will be a clear reward, with the value based upon the difficulty of the challenge.
    -There will be special conditions designated (such as a certain amount of players required to complete, a specific time or place to be found, or items needed to be successful (if any).
    -There will be a danger level indicated.
    -And finally, all players MUST be pvp flagged in order to go after bounties.

Yeah, but how does it really work?
    The Hunter's guild serves two purposes, to allow cultists to have their shrines and to have players have an incentive to try them. Cultists that want a shrine designated will contact the guild (Encartrus in game, Enc on the forums) to post their bounty and the conditions required for someone to try their shrine/duel/whatever. They will also be expected to pony up a portion of the reward for attempting the shrine (though the Hunter's Guild will add at least half of the reward for each posting). For cultists with questions, please see your local Cultist Leader or the Hunter's Guild Representative. Once a bounty is posted the Cultist posting is required to remain PVP flagged at all times while the bounty is active. Failure to do so will result in being banned from the guild for future postings.

Note: The Hunter's Guild is not associated with the Inquisition and will not release the names or information on its sources.

Players looking for a dungeon challenge or a quick and adventurous way to get loot will contact the guild to take a bounty, either by letting the representative know in game or sending Enc a private mail on the forums. Once a player announces to the guild that he is going for the bounty, he is required to remain PVP flagged until completion of the bounty. Failure to do so will result in nullification of bounty and being banned from the guild for future postings.

So what is your cut, Enc?
    Simply put, there isn't one. I'll be doing this with my extensive time and resources at great personal inventory cost. What I get out of this is seeing an energized RP on the server and chances for folks to see the hard work of the cultist shrines while also getting something out of it at the end aside from a broken inventory and five hours wasted.

Where is the Hunters's Guild?
    The Hunter's Guild will be in the patch of green land in New Harbor, Ispawnbul. It will be built over the next 48 hours, approximately beside the water palace and just Southeast of the Pyramid by about 40 blocks.

For more information, drop me a line. And Happy Hunting!

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    <3 you guys doing so much for everyone.

Tic, I love that video, even if i am the worst admin. I will try to be better ;-; (p.s the admin one on the end is our hallowed introp. He is the Harbinger of the rails and also our voice of reason) ( also the creeper is not valvejunkie ;D)

If you want any info on places we admins had a hand in, don't hesitate to ask. I will tell you as much as i can. I think its great you are doing these videos and I love seeing things on the server from a player perspective. Flying MAY be allowed at one point or another but I think walking around shows things as intended :)

Enc, I thoroughly approve.

• Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    gah, i better decorate my suite in the double slime then.
    and perhaps actualy build one of the projects ive been toying around with the idea off.

• Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    Frostheim and myself will be pitching into the rewards for the hunters guild. Expect some nice enchanted goods to be available as rewards!

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    ChippusDaToofs has been banned for thievery. The items he took have been restored to the best of our ability, which means in an unenchanted state. If you are one of the people we restored items to (mostly mohnsolo) and the items were enchanted, please let an admin know.

Oh and mohn, you had like fifteen chests he took from so I just put a single big chest in your house near your bed with all the stolen loot.

Obligatory reminder that We Are The Panopticon and people aren't going to get away with this stuff.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Obligatory reminder that We Are The Panopticon and people aren't going to get away with this stuff.

prison?

• Options
    mohnsolomohnsolo Registered User regular
    Thanks for restoring all the things! I think we can all agree that matters such as these belong in the Not Fun™ category.

At least they didn't break any windows or leave the water running...

6CIpp.jpg
  • Options
    Callerno10Callerno10 Registered User regular
    I like Enc's idea of a bounty hunter group though I'm sure the execution will fall prey to how cult shrines are hidden. I haven't gone searching much of late myself though I'm not even sure I'm official Inquisition...since there aren't many (perhaps one) active IQ agents. I hope that this new group will light a fire under the justice seeking few to hunt down those dirty cultists!

GiiNome
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    maybe also light a fire under the cultists to do some bad stuff to deserve hunting down for

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i forgot to mention i had surgery on my left knee last friday, going to be a bit hard to play atm.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    @Junpei OH, YEAH, DON'T STOP BY ORLANDO.

WE DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL.

WE HAVE THE BEST PENINSULA.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Romanian, are you a Central Floridian also?

• Options
    @Junpei OH, YEAH, DON'T STOP BY ORLANDO.

WE DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL.

WE HAVE THE BEST PENINSULA.

Yeah I didn't stop by the less interesting parts of the world, sorry : b

• Options
    mohnsolomohnsolo Registered User regular
    We Central Floridians need love too.

6CIpp.jpg
  • Options
    I'll be doing Ispawnbul in 5 parts, I do need someone to point me in the best direction to start in the sewers though.

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    i forgot to mention i had surgery on my left knee last friday, going to be a bit hard to play atm.

Your computer has foot pedals? O_o

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Redstoners?

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Junpei wrote: »
    I'll be doing Ispawnbul in 5 parts, I do need someone to point me in the best direction to start in the sewers though.

I can show you some of the sewers but honestly I don't know all of it. I wonder if anybody does.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

I can show you some of the sewers but honestly I don't know all of it. I wonder if anybody does.

If anyone does know the full extent of the sewers, we're doing it wrong :). I'd recommend starting on the old north bridge and going in via the smugglers den to enter the sewers, then working your way south you should see most of the sewer attractions.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder if I am still on the server whitelist?

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I wonder if I am still on the server whitelist?

If you have not been banned (which you haven't) then you are still on it.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh MAN.

Ispawnbul is amazing.

Did you really have to put my little desert city from the previous map to shame like that? :P

• Options

i have to prop my leg up thus i can't sit at my pc.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

You could sit sideways and prop your feet up. I'm at work and doing that very thing!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Romanian, are you a Central Floridian also?

Yep, I live about 20 minutes outside of downtown Orlando.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a gaming laptop :P

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

You could sit sideways and prop your feet up. I'm at work and doing that very thing!

my desk doesn't allow that angle.

• Options
    well lots of time for movies/ps3 now

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

my desk doesn't allow that angle.

Neither does mine, but the bucket/board/extra chair/backpack/whatever else is handy works just fine. I usually move the keyboard into my lap and I'm golden.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    THE FIRST BOUNTY!

Wanted-Poster-Atomsk-Undermined.jpg

ATTENTION!

With the help of PvtCaboose and BahamutZERO the lair of the Atomsk Cultists has been discovered!

The NETHERCROSS CULTISTS left many traps, but our heroes managed to complete the dungeon and earn the amazing loot from the Hunter's Guild! Congratulations! The NETHERCROSS CULTIST dungeon experience is still open to other players who want to test their mettle, no prizes will be issued but all screencaps of the final area will be added to this thread.

Hunters Who Have Completed This Challenge:
    BountyPicture.png
    Pvt Caboose & BahamutZERO

Enc on
  • Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    Drunk Shack is a GO

Come join us if you wish, we will be setting up the room to house beds and supplies for drunk town

THIS IS NOT THE DRUNK TOWN EVENT WHICH WILL HAVE MUCH MORE FOREWARNING THAN THIS

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    THE FIRST BOUNTY!

Wanted-Poster-Atomsk-Undermined.jpg

ATTENTION!

With the help of PvtCaboose and BahamutZERO the lair of the Atomsk Cultists has been discovered!

The NETHERCROSS CULTISTS left many traps, but our heroes managed to complete the dungeon and earn the amazing loot from the Hunter's Guild! Congratulations! The NETHERCROSS CULTIST dungeon experience is still open to other players who want to test their mettle, no prizes will be issued but all screencaps of the final area will be added to this thread.

Hunters Who Have Completed This Challenge:
    BountyPicture.png
    Pvt Caboose & BahamutZERO

Note: Don't do the dungeon yet. It's too easy.
    Drunk shack.
    No time to reset traps.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    buncha fuckin drunks in here jesus christ

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    lookit me ma, I'm babbysittin a buncha shitfaced babymen in here!

This discussion has been closed.